Transcontinental

Transcontinental Employee Reviews

Very Productive Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Relaxing 30 minute lunch break.
Cons: Usual 10 to 15 minute break
From the time i would clock in i would be placing all news papers into Printing machine and stay close by in case anything went wrong during the process.

I learned how to Operate on the machines at – more... the job and how to Make the newspapers and Print them out.

Management was great.

Co-workers were wonderful and very hard working.

The Hardest part of the job was when the machines would break down it would sometimes slow down the process of printing out the rest of the newspapers.

The most enjoyable part of work is knowing that i was working as hard as i could to be a great employee and to make sure managers were proud of me. – less
Overworked, No work and life balance.
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Understaff and does not recognize the need for additional headcount to get the job done accordingly. Working 50 to 70 hours a week is typical, which puts a strain on family at home.
Newspaper
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 31, 2013
This was just a temporary job. Warehousing was there biggest disruption of their newspaper.
A fast paced environment that keeps you busy.
Pressman (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: plenty of overtime, good value system, friendly management
Cons: all year round job, long shifts, stressful deadlines
As a pressman we had to maintain and work on a printing press. From the control room we can adjust speed, quality control, color amount, water levels, etc. It was the brain of the press, I learned great – more... management skills because I had my own team. My co workers for the most part were easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was working on holidays being away from family at times. I enjoyed how there was always overtime in case we needed a little extra money. – less

About Transcontinental

TC Transcontinental creates marketing products and services that allow businesses to attract, reach and retain their target customers. – Read more