TRANSCOR AMERICA Employee Reviews

bad company
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
If you like forced room sharing at hotels, then this job is for you. Being forced to listen to a co worker snore all night in the same room is horrible. Transcor directors do not care. They don't have to share rooms when THEY travel. Stay away from this garbage company.
Pros
Cons
being disrespected by corporate directors
Good way to see this amazing United States
Corporal, Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Started out in a van with another worker from a designated place. Pick a group of prisoners and start our 10 day trip with a manifest of drop offs and pick ups. We would check prisoners personal items with the list given and add if needed. Make sure we had meds if they were on them and their cash. Have prisoner and agency sign off on what we took with us,(according to the list given by the transport companies allowed list). The rest was mailed with the prisoners money to family.
Transported to destinations and other prisoners picked up in between.Paid the jail for the night keeping.
At the end of the trip I turned in all completed paper work and remaining moneys were credited back to the company.
I had a company credit card for gas and hotels, along with food for the prisoners and their stay in jails along the way.
the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the United States and meeting people and seeing their way of doing the same things. What they ate as the norm for different parts of the U.S.
Pros
Touring the United States
Cons
Staying in a different Hotel every night
Security minded group of co-workers
Driver/Prisoner Transport (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 2, 2014
Daily challenges given to all on this crew. We are tasked to make long trips keeping alert to any danger of transporting prisoners. Trust is through out the co-workers in this position. The hardest part of this job is not knowing when or what the schedule will be.
Pros
trust in co-workers
Cons
lack of normal schedule
Family atmosphere
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 12, 2014
Overall TransCor was a good place to work. Company offered decent pay and really good benefits. Everyone in the company was approachable from the President to a new hire. Sometimes it was long hours and sometimes it was a short day.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
lack of information flowing to lower level employees
Excellent Staff
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, AZNovember 3, 2013
A typical day at work is to arrive at midnight and prepare your vehicle for transport of inmates. Vehicle size determined by number of persons to be transported. Load vehicle with appropriate number of restraints and uniforms as needed for the day. Do an inspection of the vehicle to ensure proper maintenance and reliability. Double check preparedness with co-workers. I work with 6 other people in this state. Over the past year and a half not one of us has been late, called out for any reason, had an accident. The hardest part of the job is the work hours as they are based on the needs to our clients and vary daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and the feeling of accomplishment each and every day.
Pros
Excellent pay and trust by emmidiate supervisor
Cons
varying work hours.
Great Company
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
I learned alot working for this company & gathered alot of knowledge when I worked here.The co-workers always had your back no matter what was going on that day.The management was good & would help you out when needed to get the mission completed.The hardest part about the job was having to deal with kids in the work place for my job field area. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was going home safe.
Pros
Bonus's, reimurbsments
Cons
healthcare
ok
Senior Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioJune 9, 2013
This job is ok. I have met some good people to work with. The management with this company is not that well structured though.
Extradition Agent
Extradition Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2013
Productive work environment, on the job learning, busy and fast paced at times. Great place to work.
Pros
learning
Cons
long hours and or down time
The occupation demands your time
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVSeptember 5, 2012
I began working for TransCor America in 2/2/2004. I loved my job mainly because it involved travel and meeting new people. I my postion at TransCor America began as an extradition specialist. I extradited prisoners as far north as Maine and west to California. I remained in this postion for 5 years. During year 6 TransCor restructured the company and moved away from the extradition sector. TransCor contracted business, through the parent company CCA, with Homeland Securtiy(ICE) and the U.S. Marshals. THe hardest part of the job was working up to 16 hour plus a day and returning to work early for another assignment. Schedules were at the customers discrection because sometime inmates/detainee had dealine dated that made pick-up mandatory.

I was promoted to Supervisor in 2009. I enjoyed working with the ICE department and made negotiated changes to their scheduling process that would give me more control when assigning duties to my staff. I had great staff who loved their jobs and supported the operation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive feedback received from my staff and Director of Operations.
Pros
healthcare benefits, per diem, pay, traveling to different states, meeting new law enforcment officicals( police, sheriffs, iea agents, us marshals
Cons
long hours, traveling state to state (if you don't like driving long distances)
Each day is different
Senior Director - Fleet Management (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 13, 2012
I work with inmate transportation nationwide where I manage an 1100 vehicle fleet. No day is ever the same.
TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2012
Communication, dealing with staff and customer issues. Maintain vehicle fleet, maintenance. Following DOT regulations and turning in agents hours.
Pros
local job
Excellent job if single
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Estancia, NMApril 7, 2012
The job would be great if you were single as the travel demands are pretty large.