TransCore Employee Reviews

Contracted Company for TDOT
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2018
Good company and good management. Was tasked with installing and fixing switch connectivity connecting various cctv, radar, and electronic interstate signs around the I-240, I-55, and I-40 interstate system in Memphis and West Memphis. The culture was good as most of the employees worked well together and helped each other out.
Great place to work, regret leaving
CRC Manager (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Left for more money, didn't think about benefits great 401k match, stock options, many projects they operate. Decent pay. slow and steady pace. OT always paid
Pros
Cool people
first callcenter job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 2, 2018
I would highly recommend this job as a first call center job. everyone was so nice and helpful. I still have great people in my life that i call family from that place.
Pros
i learned patirence from angry customers and call center lingo.
Cons
i was pain 10 and was 2nd shift with a new born
Super simple, easy to work with
Toll Tester, Data Collection (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 31, 2018
I tested the new EZ-Pass tolling system on one of the major highways in Virginia. I got up at 6AM had my own rental car and drove predesignated routes all day until 5PM.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short term contract
Work experience
Product Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Great work enviroment, Leadership is!always available to assist you in time if need. Management is good. If you qualify for a job listing they will givr you the opportunity to interview and compete for the job.
Pros
Great work enviroment. Lots of potential to grow
Good pay, lackluster management
TECHNICIAN / INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 24, 2018
Pay is good. Management is not very good. And unless you're IN, you won't advance. It's fine for a temporary gig, but anything beyond that it's not really a good fit for most I would say.
Not good work environment
Call Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJanuary 22, 2018
The environment was not good, the supervisors are not nice and they did not really help you. You had good amount of breaks and the working hours where not bad.
Pros
helping customers with questions or problems
Cons
work environment, supervisors were not nice or helpful
Productive & Family environment
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Transcore Houston is a great company to work for. Everyone seems to get along and it is like a family environment. No drama in the workplace. Everyone is willing to help each other go to the next level.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Low pay
good company to work with
ITs technichien (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I like the Management, the job culture was not according to my satisfaction, still need to be more comfortable, the company overall take care of their employees and you will feel like you are at working with a friendly culture.
Pros
salary
Cons
non
Terrible
Image Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
They want you to keep a speed up even when their system is slow. They don’t want you looking at or touching your phone (not even to change a song) they want you to use the restroom or get a drink only on 1 of your 3 breaks. If you drink coffee in the morning make sure you’re there early, once you clock in you must get straight to work. They don’t want you speaking to the person next you or anyone for that matter. Hands on keyboards all day except when it’s your break time. They want you to be like zombies. They constantly threaten to take your incentive all dayy. Make sure you adhere to their dress policy and do not let a centimeter of a tattoo show or say bye bye to your incentive. Supervisors are so full of themselves they treat staff like school kids. The pay isn’t that great to stick around and be treated so poorly. Mandatory OT for months on end straight. Only Sundays off. Some months Sundays too, working a month straight 10 hour days. Not to mention their outdated furniture, chairs are so old and uncomfortable. This place is CRAZY!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Would have been my forever job
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2017
TransCore is a great place to learn about RFID technology, work with all types of engineers in all age and expertise ranges. Projects can be fast or slow depending on priority of the project. Sometimes stressful, sometimes laid back. It really is what you want it to be.
Good Place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 21, 2017
Manage meeting and events for both onsite and offsite locations. Provide general administrative support for a globally distributed team. Build and maintain good business relationships with executive level and counterpart administrative staff. Ensure compliance of administrative operational policies and procedures.
Mandatory overtime
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
Mandatory overtime when I signed on meaning I had to work every day of the week. 90 day temp period where any mistakes can cause you your job. The actual job is easy all you have to do is type in whats on the screen but you are micro'd managed all the way
Pros
Computer Work
Cons
Work Schedule, Distance, pay rate
Productive and fun workplace
Fulfillment clerk/Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 20, 2017
Customer service rep - answer inbound calls Monday - Friday all shifts are daytime shifts. Management is great as well as co workers. Fast paced environment
Relaxing cool and fun
Located (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2017
We have Christmas party every year and and lunches every one a months very good company is very good with employees they teach us all that we need to know about the company
Fun and laid back place to work.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAOctober 24, 2017
We were always busy but everyone was easy to get along with and work with. The pace could be hectic but it was fun! A typical day included entering invoices and preparing checks to be mailed to vendors. I also spent time contacting vendors to discuss invoices and other TransCore offices to collect information and documentation for purchase orders.
Intelligent management, balance for success on the job, family oriented staff
FOREMAN/SUPERVISING JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2017
Transcore was a professional and job opportunity filled employment company. Management was efficient and open to ideas. Training, safety and educating employees every chance to make them successful employees as a team or on independent work.
Pros
Great crew, employees trained to succeed, supportive management
Cons
Nothing really bad to say, loyal company to work for
Typical Call Center Atmosphere
IT Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
My experience there was okay.Very nice Manager, strict but treated people like human beings.Overral, my experience was okay.That concludes my review.

Pros
no micro manger, great coworkers
Cons
proprietary work skills
Busy, Sometimes Stressful but always manageable
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at work, is usually trying to organize the team under me. There is a lot of slacking and poor job skills with most of the people, or they just have a lack of incentive, due to lack of compensation, to which I have no control over.
Pros
Good relationship with management
Cons
Not compensated enough for the amount of work I do
Fun workplace
EZ pass Call Center (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 19, 2017
A productive place to work, easy to get along with your co-workers, organized, overall a fun place to work at. During training the work that your coworker shadows you on is very understandable and should be able to catch on to the work fast.