TransCore Employee Reviews

Clerical
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Transcore was more of a clerical job. Basically what I did here was very easy and simple. I would process license plate numbers into the system. Data Entry was the big key to this job.
This working environment is ALWAYS changing
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2017
A typical day at work- this environment is ALWAYS changing.
Employees hesitate to provide feedback.
Management is unfair and one sided
The hardest part of the job is getting employees to commit to doing their job. You do not get credit for the good work you do, but you are punished for any and every mistake.
Management will hold your cons against you forever.
The most enjoyable part of the job is breaks are flexible.
Pros
Attire is flexiable
Cons
Limited work from home schedule
Workplace needs a little more structure
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2017
My day starts off at 7 a.m where me and my coworker meet at the office to check our emails for the weeks work orders. We are working in the San Antonio location whereas management is in Houston. The job tasks are easy just the way things are structure within the company mainly poor communication from management.
Benefits
Cons
Poor communication
Successful Electronic Tolling Company.
Software QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 16, 2017
Transcore has the market leader in electronic tolling technology.
This was an excellent opportunity to learn RF technology combined with software development in an SOA architecture.
One of the best, if not the best company I've worked for.
Cad Designer/ Drafter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2017
I really enjoy the company, those I work with, and I love my job. The environment is good for self starting and motivated people with lots of work to be done. I have lots of respect for the management and fellow staff, one must wear several hats. Overall I enjoy working here.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
The commute daily through Disney World traffic.
Was a fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I started as a customer service for private accounts then went on to commercial accounts. Finally was a tag specialist. Keep track off all tags (transponders) in Auburn an all the off sites. Also did Dual Wheel.
Transportation Software Company.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2017
Good people. Erratic upper management. Difficult to accomplish things due to incoherent strategy. The level of professional proficiency varies widely among the PMs.
productive environment where team work is a must to complete the job
Manager, System Test/ Quality Assurance Group (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2017
my management experience definitely sharpened from working at transcore, managing and dealing with multi platform, training staff, daily client meetings, improving work quality all in all is fun and challanging
A company that is growing too quickly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 16, 2016
Not a terrible place to work so long as you don't mind the fact that the supervisors at the business act like they are in high school, giggling and talking about other employees regardless of whether they are in ear-shot or not. Overall, it's a very easy job; just tedious and tiring with the customer-base as they do not understand how the changes to the toll roads in Massachusetts are now effecting them.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
unprofessional staff
quiet no communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
a typical day at work is fast pace and no talking. i learned from this job to look at detail. i really dont approve of the management. i really love the talks me and my co-workers have . the hardest part of the job is staying awake.
Pros
going home early
Cons
not getting a ful 40 hrs
Freedom of the road
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 29, 2016
I was there as a contractor during construction of the toll system on the Ohio Turnpike.
If you get a service position on the PIKE, you have some sense of freedom but have to be near enough to the toll road to provide quick service should a toll plaza in your area have a problem. Some of the guys just hang out at restaurants and other places all day.
As a result, the pay is not good.
Pros
Nobody riding you
Cons
Low pay
overall decent job
Entry level tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2016
Good job, worked on system assembly, hardware install, then network troubleshooting, traffic signal assembly and install, then toll road equipment install and troubleshooting. There weren't really opportunities for advancement, but plenty of opportunities for lateral transfers to different crews.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
wouldn't hire, only contracted through temp agencies
Fair pay, some bad management
Test / Driver Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 25, 2016
A typical day would consist of organizing drivers in different test patterns to stress test the new tolling system throughout the State of Florida. I learned how to analyze industry specific software and report the data to the developers.
Management was not very organized and many days I would get a call in the middle of the work day and be called out of town at the last minute for testing that night. In other words, go home, pack a suitcase, pick up rental vehicle, and drive to designated testing and commissioning area. Check into hotel, pick up and prepare rental cars for testing purposes, try to get test drivers last minute, hold safety meetings, do time sheets and the list goes on. All by myself.
Co-workers seemed to be in clicks among themselves and there was a lot of jealousy if someone was smarter and quicker at learning new things. It seems to be a mans world.
The hardest thing about he job was working two or three 20+ hour shifts back to back with little sleep which i have done many times...but don't oversleep once, or they will excuse you from all of your duties without you even realizing what was going on.
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and working with diverse groups of people.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
Management is not organized
Terrible
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2016
all around terrible place to be. short break terrible management, they yell at you everyday. I'm not sure if this place is even abiding by the work laws.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Management, breaks
Not a bad place to work
Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  houston texasSeptember 28, 2016
It was a good company to learn with i had no issues personally with anyone and if i could do it over i would still go there and learn what i did as far as maintaining and repairing equipment and components
Poorly managed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MASeptember 28, 2016
Management was horrible. Very high turn over rate due to lack of proper training but you were expected to know/do it all without the proper training then would be in trouble for not keeping up with call/idle times on the phone.
Pros
People I met
Cons
High turnover rate
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PASeptember 15, 2016
It was such a blessing to work for this company. If it wasn't for the need of financial advancement at that time, I would've stayed! My experience was wonderful.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
N/A
Great entry level job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MA 01501September 12, 2016
Typical day at work consists of sitting at your cubical and answering calls pretty much all day, the vast majority of customers are nice but occasionally there will be someone who is just angry for no reason

Great place to work, especially out of college / high school
Great people
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MASeptember 9, 2016
Everyone at TransCore is helpful and so welcoming. TransCore has built a team like environment to the point where everyone is cross trained to know each others jobs. I have made some really great friends.
Great company...great atmosphere
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2016
Great company to work for! Coworkers always seem to enjoy what they do. Pay is good for Albuquerque. Management seems to appreciate their people. Part of a corporation but business feels like a private entity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransCore. Our community is ready to answer.