TransCore Employee Reviews in United States

great company
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 4, 2016
Excellent company with good people. They do a lot to motivate their workers. I enjoyed working there. I recommend this employer to anybody.
Interesting environment, the experience you get from it is amazing.
ILR (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRApril 14, 2016
The job isn't hard, you learn to developt how to react with different customers which is very helpful considering we have to deal with different situations in our lives. The co-workers and shifts were good.
TransCore
DTR Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 5, 2016
Company's in trouble financially I was just hired on just over 7 months ago and already laid off due to downsizing. The work long hours if exempt and have very little compassion towards there employees. I left a good job to come work for them and now they screwed me!
Pros
Have some good people
Cons
Managers are ruthless, They don't have any concern about their people
AnOK Place To Work
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
The people were great to work with. The hours were decent. Not much mandatory overtime and few Saturdays. The job provided a lot of freedom to create analyses.
Great Company
Utility Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Very focused on employee moral and appreciating the employees for what they do. They also provide training for advancement in the company.
Forever changing technology
ITS Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work, is working with a diversified assortment of highway equipment from pass to present tecnology. Requires trouble shooting, testing, repairing, and the installion of new highway system on a daily bases.
Transcore
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 30, 2015
My position required me to communication with violators of the Illinois tollway and inquire upon their missed tolls. In Illinois, individuals have the opportunity to get a IPASS for quicker and easier highway access. The hardest part of the job was to make calculations on the spot and under the pressure of both time and human interaction. My bachelor degree did not prepare me for this position and I went on to further my education.
Pros
training, supervisor
Cons
on-the-job stress, second shift/hours, constantly changing customer base, inconsistent breaks
Good way to get your foot in the door for Technology work
Configuration & US Deployment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2015
Laid back environment, some friendly coworkers.

Company expects employees to buy upgrades for their work laptops and will expense them if they are cheap enough, otherwise it's still becoming their property. They take forever to approve anything, making sure they get the cheapest around by the penny, supplies, workers, you name it. If you need something you're better off ordering it from China than waiting on them to approve anything. No vacation, have to literally work and save up PTO to have a vacation and then you have to catch the bosses when they aren't on vacation to get approved. Cliques within management, they gossip about any complaints and personal problems that people may have. Pay is substandard, little to no chance to increase pay at all. You will spend more time here than at home, without a doubt.

Be more professional to your employees, stop treating us like farm animals and start treating us like employees.
Quiet workplace
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2015
Good company to grow with and incentives after minimum requirement is met. Quiet workplace and friendly environment to be at.
try to mantein customer happy, maintenance machine in good condition
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAOctober 30, 2015
make sure all computer in plazas working fine and machine running fine. cleaning and adjusting cameras and make sure pictures updating on time.
Pros
work almost all the time by myself, rarely needed help from lead technician
Cons
Work on call
Great company to work for. Very supportive management and good communications between departments. Room and opportunity for personal growth and career
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 30, 2015
Very fast pace environment (never a dull moment); but also had planned events which were fun and enjoyable. Encouraged to work closely with all team members. Often required to work long days but was allowed to take time off as needed.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Normal Corporate America Politics.
Fun
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 16, 2015
All is well. Its an awesome place to work. The best part about being employed with this company its a family at the end of the day.
Great Place to work
Sr. Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Hummlestown, PAOctober 13, 2015
The people I worked with were good. Everyone got along and everyone helped everyone. The Management was down to earth and talked with you not at you.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Contracts ended
Flexible company without much structure.
ITS III Network Technician (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Overall o.k. company to work for. Minimal advancement oppurtunities, Crazy schedule, could be days one week, nights another, weekends for three months no overtime whatsoever. Leads have power struggle issues.
Pros
Flexible with time off, easy work
Cons
Micromanagement is very unnecessary. The job and work is pretty autonomous.
good place to work
Vehicle Reviewer (Current Employee) –  houston txSeptember 19, 2015
I enjoy working for transcore very nice working conditions and good management. Work changes from day to day, so you need to know all the different systems at a minute notice
50% desk work, 50% field work.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2015
In the morning I check 60 locations to make sure the lasers, camera's and antenna's are working.then I head out to do maintenance on the actual sites.
Pros
Getting off at 2:30pm
Cons
Working on the shoulder of busy freeway.
Well run corporation with effective management strategies
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 18, 2015
A company with a very focused goal and an atmosphere relaxed enough for tasks to be completed. Management is open to new ideas and also works well guiding younger, newer employees.
Productive company
ITS Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
The company is in the business to configure and make sure all components on the Toll Road is accurate and a working. From getting the area cleaned for construction, put up the equipment and test the equipmenmt
Pros
experience
Cons
No lunch breaks, and in the sun
Stable place to work and enjoyable enviroment
Accounts Payable Senior Coordinator (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Hummelstown, PAJuly 12, 2015
Enjoyable work environment. Can do your work and not be micro managed. Enjoyed the work I did and my fellow employees. Worked there for over 10 years and enjoyed but needed more opportunities to grow and move forward.
Adt
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working for ADT because this was new and exciting and I learned everything to know within this company for a better pay and job stability