Transdev

Transdev Employee Reviews

it was nice being out driving
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
I liked the fact that I was driving and didn't have someone looking over my shoulder on how well I was doing the job. The management was the looking for ways to take the money from us and the city. They seemed to forget that without us driving the buses they wouldn't have a job. Plus they are a French Co and not a US one.
I enjoy the work environment and plan to advance to my full potential
Group Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJanuary 27, 2016
In the transportation and hospitality industry customer derive is a key asset. I have made different milestones since I first began working here over a year ago. I have obtained a Supervisor position that I look forward to completing day-by-day.
Pros
The array of personalities that we encounter go as far as the first and last impression.
Cons
The operation is 24 hours since it is within a Hotel.
Beware
Service Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 27, 2016
the worst company to work for, very unprofessional management and employees, no chance for advancement, 98% hispanic employees, hardly anyone speaks english, low pay, just an all around BAD experience.
Pros
Cons
poorly managed
Fun Job dealing with working class commuters
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Picking up customers for 2.5 hours in the am and 2.5 hours in the evening. Co-workers messy and a lot of negatives that should never be at this job. Management is very unprofessional and does not think of employees well being. Benefits are too expensive.
Pros
Free time during day
Cons
Equipment
Worst Company to work for
driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Underdeveloped company with very incompetent management. Worst company I've worked for by far. Management plays favorites and implement policies without you knowing. I would be surely surprised if the company will last over 5 yrs with such poor management.
Great
Superintendent of Operation (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
Good company, plenty of travel and support ! Management is 10 years or higher. You have to understand first class railroad and Light Rail !
Cons
travel
Horrible, Just Horrible
customer service (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 29, 2015
I worked here for most of 2015, Even the managers there dropped like flies. The Training is awful (consists of sitting you down with someone for a week, and not teaching you a thing.). You get written up for sitting wrong, as well as getting written up for anything that someone says about you. Also, if your looking for a Job that will not promote unless management likes you, you found it.
Job to gain experiences
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2015
Transdev is a good place to work if you enjoy meeting and helping people. This a job that requires alot of patiences, You can drive a average of 50 to 100 miles a day, Supervision has no real concern for employees dealing with unforseen family issues. Most co workers are helpful. You have the handful whine all day about their job which is to drive.
Pros
meeting people from different walks of life
Cons
communication . employee concerns
I find This a Great place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2015
Everyone is Proffessional. All necessary training and Retraining Is provided, Scheduling is on time. Seniority is honored without Question. management is attentive to driver needs. I have never observed favoritism.
What Transdev does is great, but to work here isn't plesant
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 12, 2015
Transdev (better known as Metro access) is a company that provides transportation to elderly, mentally disable, and physically disable individuals. This service allows these people t o live their everyday and get around the area to preform what they need to do. I would arrive at work between 4:45-6:30am(depending on the day) I would check in and then wait to be called for my route to go out. I learned that just because a company has been around for along time doesn't mean they know how to run a business. Management in a few words: DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES, ONLY MONEY! My co-workers where like family, I loved interacting with them. The hardest part of this job was working for long hours and dealing with rude call center reps that had no clue how we worked and how hard we had it. The most enjoyable part of this job was being in areas that I have never been in before and my co-workers.
Pros
easy job to get, easy to get overtime
Cons
13hour routes, low pay, rude management and call center reps, horrible union
Nice people in company
King County Metro Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 11, 2015
Problem here is being extra board driver.Means they can send you to any of three bases;any hours,or put you on two hour standby;and maybe send you home.Years before you can get weekend day off.Seattle area decided to have 50 extras out of 250 drivers.I resigned due to this uncertainty;they don't seem all interested in keeping good drivers;constant turnover.
Pros
Helping handicapped
Cons
Lucky to get a break
Good defensive driving training, nice co-workers, great client experiences
Para-transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed conversing and helping all of my disabled clients get safely to and from their destinations. The hardest part of the job was balancing the odd hours with my home life.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Difficult work hours
its okay
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  dekalb ilNovember 2, 2015
Management dictates happiness most days are fantastic and easy to go to, however if management tries to go above and beyond it can make you dread going through the day overall a great company
Unorganized
Data Entry/ Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLOctober 20, 2015
Transdev is very unorganized, unprofessional and has horrible managers. No chance for advancement promises for it but never receiving it.
Cons
everything
Awesome environment
Para-Transit Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  baltimore, mdOctober 19, 2015
great environment, friendly people to work with, always busy. very structured fleet maintenance program. will recommend this compont to a driver looking for work.
I met some wonderful people, as well as management became my friends.
Transit Operator/Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 18, 2015
I enjoy meeting people in all diversity. I sharpen my customer service skills. I worked in a diverse community which I enjoyed.
Pros
I was doing what I love to do helping people.
Busy day with a lot of interaction with customers
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2015
Very busy workplace with a good office environment. A lot of issues with drivers and collecting money but that is a lot to do with the economy
nice place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2015
Drive people to and from destination to destination help with luggage check bus.
they're a nice place to work treated me very good
Pros
was constant
My Review of TransDev
Shuttle Bus Operator/ Sky Harbor Int'l Airport (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2015
I enjoyed working for Trans Dev., transporting passengers to terminals and or parking lots. pre trip inspection, driving all day, good customer service, liked working as a team with my co workers and I don't have anything bad to say. At end of shift, would do a post trip inspection.
Pros
Loved it, driving, customer service, management
Cons
Got Laid off due to Sky Train implementation, workforce reduction
Overpaid Upper Management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 7, 2015
Driver works so hard for minimal pay. They are never recognized for the hard work they do. In fact, Transdev is in the business of transportation, without drivers they would have nothing. Management making over $100,000 year, bus drivers making $10.00 hour.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Wages