Transfield Services

Transfield Services Employee Reviews

The majority of the foremans are pretty good & fair.
Mechanic/Safety Attendant (Current Employee), Carson, CA.August 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunch @ times during T/A's, gift card/ or gift cards, most co workers are like family
Cons: The company was so much better when it was Timec, sense of entitlement, . There's people in positions that shouldn't be ( clicks or settlement), loss of big contracts= NO WORK
The money is decent, WHEN you can make it. You HAVE to network( hustle) to find work. Very bleek future! The hours are normally long, but satisfying, work isn't hard. Just stay mindful that there is the potential of fire/or and explosion, ANY type of mishap can and will cost lives!
Baseball, Football, Landscaping
Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Carson, CAJune 18, 2015
Working for Transfield Services has inspired me a great deal, I have really learned to enjoy working with other as a team, and most of all was able to enhance my skill set.
Empoyee Advancement Driven Company!
Safety Attendant/Safety Tech Trainee (Current Employee), Carson, CAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Mentorship Program
This company shows competitive salaries in the Oil and Gas Industry and promotes advancement to it's employees. I was pleased to be able to take an unscheduled day off (with advance notice) for an OSHA class I was pre-registered for to further my immediate career path, as a Safety Tech.
good place to work
SAP PM/PS Business Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2015
This is great place to work as it is global company. You will be able to learn and acquire the techniques from the other countries as it is global. This is to standardize the business globally, so we will be able to learn and implement the technology universal.
friendly job atmosphere
I&E Helper/Safety Attendant/Tool Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJanuary 15, 2015
I was a Fire/Hole/Bottle Watch or Safety Attendant which ever you prefer to call it, I ran tool room in charge of maintaining, inspecting and ordering of company tools, equipment and supplies, I also was an electrical apprentice in that job I hung and erected cable trays, pulled industrial wiring and the overall assistance of trained electrical journeymen
great working place
fire watch (Former Employee), La Porte, TXNovember 17, 2014
Every day arrived to work with right ppe. made sure I have my materials horn, fire extinguisher, vest, monitor, radio. kept count of anyone coming in or out of a confined space. Did my daily paper work and made sure that i keep a fire extinguisher close by me in case any flames or sparks broke out.
Non Supportive
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Carson, CAOctober 7, 2014
Cons: bad management
Terrible onboarding and very little support from Management
productive work place
Boilermaker/ Mechanic (Current Employee), Carson, CAAugust 6, 2014
Start your day off with a tool box meeting, Where everyone shares there concerns. You then get your detailed work permit to where you will be working at the refineries, Co- workers are always helping, providing information for the new guys.Hardest part of the job is alot of climbing towers, and heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part is everybody works together to ensure a safe turnaround.
good company
Project Superintendent (Former Employee), Mackay, QLDFebruary 7, 2014
as same as Field
started as a Boilermaker & progressed through
Not a stable environment, but good benefits and pay.
1st Shift Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Carson, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: must know someone to get constant work
If you do not know someone that has a high position or favored with the company, you will only work short periods when they need extra people. It is very hard to move up in position as well stay stable with that employer. On the other hand, the pay is very reasonable due to the dangerous environment and work supplied.
Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Must be able to work in all types of weather, be willing to stand on your feet all day, the money is good but you have no personal life
Productive Environment
Lead man, Hazardous Waste, Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Typical day on job is productive mainly dealing with any and all refinery wastes.
Work in the turn around division of Transfield America
Boilermaker/Mechanic (Current Employee), Carson, CADecember 19, 2013
Work between 10 and 12 hour shifts up to 14 days straight repairing Oil and Gas Refinery
Challenging Position with lots of chance
Executive Asst to the President of Americas, (Current Employee), Houston, TexasDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nice office space
Cons: expensive health benefits, no annual review given
Support the President of the Americas and his Executive Team.

Act as Office Manager.

Organize all Company events
Lack of Management
Engineer (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 25, 2013
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: lack of work, will be treated unfair
The Americas moved from Virginia to Texas and only 2 people transferred so nobody knows what's going on. Managers lack experience and don't want employees to advance so they can stay above them. Written policies are very vague so they can treat everybody different.
productive atmosphere
Senior Craft Boilermaker (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: always bussy
Cons: various safety concerns
working at transfield is a vary goal motivated environment.you have to be aware of the schedule and budget constantly and be willing to make sacrifices that may effect the bottom line.
fast paced, manual labor
Infrastructure-Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the company has your back and is appreciative of the work you do
Cons: too busy for lunch breaks sometimes, on-call can get rough
One week out of the month you work your normal 8.5 hour days plus have to be on-call reguardless of the weather, infact usually the worse the weather, the more work you will have to do. Labor include cleaning the interstate, filling pot holes, picking up road kill and burrying them, weed-eating, and working over nights for road repairs. I enjoy the fast pace and manual labor. the only complaint I have is a couple of lazy co-workers i have to deal with.
Good work place
Zone Superintendent (Current Employee), Naples, FLDecember 10, 2012
Cons: must be available to work at anytime
Great stepping stone they give you the chance to move up within the company.
We just have to keep a good standed of cleaning
Commercial Cleaner-Newcastle Campus (Current Employee), cleanerDecember 4, 2012
Pros: early mornings
A typical day at work is getting up at 3am and cleaning toilets ,emptying garbages, dusting, and vaccumming rooms
I have learned to use a polisher machine , learned how to scrubbed back floors,
my co-workers are sometimes helpful but good people to have a chat with we learn and teach each other new and different things everyday.
The harest part of my job is the early morning start.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet new people all the time.
Pipe Line Group
TIMEC Regional Manager (Former Employee), Billings,MTNovember 14, 2012
Pros: equipment
Cons: nepitizam
Management did not stand behind company core values. Cleint pushed company