Transfield

Transfield Employer Reviews

very good place to work
Process Operator (Current Employee), Pittsburg, CAOctober 1, 2013
excellent place to get experience, my co workers are great people, hardest part of te job is wearing a chemical suit all day.
Professional
R&E Construction/HS&E Site Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2013
Hardest part of job, the site plans never match the deliveries. Steel, switches, capbanks, building
great place to work
Safety Attendant/Labor (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTMay 12, 2013
Pros: great pay and a lot of overtime
Cons: not for someone that can not travel
My responsibilities included: Holewatch, Bottlewatch, Firewatch, Confined Space, Ground Support. This was a turnaround assignment
Team Oriented job which had lots of opportunity for growth
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2012
My day was filled with helping my Executive Team on day to day functions; such as Adminsitrative, Orientation, Relocation Payroll, Recruiting, Safety, and Event planning for Human Resource and the Training and Development Department on a monthly/quarterly basis. My team was a pleasure to work with people from Australia to across the US nation. We had – more... a versatile team with was rich with knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that people always came back to me becuase they knew i could assist them in my role or aleast make sure i directed them to the person whom could. One of the hardiest parts of the job was making sure that my people blended with the culture- training your teams that you must work throught the hurdles such of a language barrrier from someone in "India" to utilizing technology to assist on a different time zone. – less
Very Productive and Informative workplace
Safety Engineer (Former Employee), Compton, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: the long hours
Cons: the weather and occasional lay offs
An easy day consist of ten hours of policy enforcing of OSHA codes and ordinances. Daily training of facility expectations, in regards to gas moniotiring use, evactuation drills, etc.
There was room for advancement in leadership and pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was being filled with so much information of such and industry, and the knowledge – more... of vessels and their uses, etc. The hardest part would have to be the high distances in climbing with a lot of equipment, radio walkie talkies, various gas monitors. – less
What you learned
Customer Service Officers (Former Employee), Wellington, New ZealandJuly 2, 2014
Pros: wear mufty every friday
Cons: cannot reach the contractor
I learn that in this company the management are good people and they only want the best for you and the company.
Very good place to work.
Project Delivery / Commercial Manager (Former Employee), SydneyFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: staff are encouraged and rewarded for their contribution.
Cons: there are areas where the company vision is not followed all the time.
Company has very productive and caring work culture. People look after and assist each other in the process of executing work and achieving end result.
Good Company to work for
cleaner (Current Employee), Central Coast, NSWDecember 2, 2013
I enjoy working with other team members, who I can ask when necessary for advise or assistance to ensure I get my work done efficiently and up to a high standard.
i like in minig
Shut Crew member (Former Employee), yol yang minieJune 11, 2013
i like challenge it bring each day. i could be work as t/a with a fitter to a boilermaker on dredges and boiler.
Co workers
Scaffolder (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICJune 2, 2013
Have great co workers always work as a team and all make sure everyone is working safely
great group of co-workers
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee), Parkes, NSWMarch 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is working on various jobs at multiple locations.
Well organised operation. Gr8 Crib hut facilities etc. Supervision could have been improved.
Maintenance fitter (Former Employee), Qenos MelbourneFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: i was happy with the facilities, co-workers, the salary offered and travel allowance.
Cons: distance, 100kms from home. rode m/bike rain hail or shine. yes it did rain..reavily
Always arrived early for 7:am start.
Toolbox was in the plant, not happy if we were 1 min late. Constructive input was frowned upon. Rush but hurry up and wait.
Stand there, not there, there
All co-workers were great
All management were great above my supervisor. Sorry for my honesty.
Hardest part of the job was trying not to give constuctive input.
Best – more... part part was to pass the vacuum test on the equipment we had been working on for 2 weeks, solving some issues along the way.
I love doing a quality job and like having fun doing it. – less
maintance fitter- shutdown
fitter (Former Employee), quinnnosDecember 16, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: long hours
Reprot to supervisor each morning, handed a job card and proceed to specified area to complete task.
reputable company
Government school cleaner (Former Employee), Marayong Public schoolSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: holidays every 11weeks
Cons: only could take holidays in peak periods
split shift hours that suited me fine
saw manager about every 5weeks
people i worked with were not trained properly and i was left doing extra things outside my work hours to not occur school penalties
Work Place
Labourer zoperator (Former Employee), AucklandJuly 27, 2012
Typical day at work, arrived at work, check out your task for the day and then prepare your area of work, check with co worker on the type of work everyone will be doing - work mate are the best, they are the eyes behind your head, your watch there backs and the same with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting on with everyone.
Fun work place with good staff
Cleaner (Former Employee), Newcastle NSWJuly 18, 2012
Pros: 7 weeks holidays a year
start at 4 am clean classrooms,toilets,vacuum floors,dusting and polish floors with a polishing machine finish at 8 am come back at 2pm and do the same as morning shift only in the other half of school finish at 6 pm. Management where good to work for and co-workers were great people to work with.
no advancement opportunities as a storeperson.Should have been on wages the same as Fitters,ta,boilermakers etc.
MATERIALS CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee), CATEX REFINERY NSWMay 26, 2012
Not much overtime compared to people in the field.
Flexable hours was a plus but no rdo's was a negative in the eyes of storepeople.Good boss but lacked a bit of insight from some Managers.
Good company to work for, supervisors are great and supported us workers
Rigger (Former Employee), Vales Point Central CoastMay 24, 2012
Pros: bbq every second week
Cons: cold nights
Remove and replace heater baskets out of a air heater.
Setting up air heater with installing beams, beam trolleys and air winch.
Operate winch.
Slinging loads.
oranised & efficient
subcontractor scaffolder rigger (Former Employee), MARSDEN POINT REFINERY NEW ZEALANDApril 28, 2012
Pros: organised
Cons: subbies need career oppotunities
have good people in the right positions, safety is good, career advancement lacking, especially for top productive employees in the subcontractor ranks, most leave (like me) i wanted crane driving experience but impossible to get on Refinery. also subcontracters never pass on anual inflation cost increases to employees, the people who actually keep – more... the place running. note employment dates 2007 to 2009 – less

About Transfield

Transfield Services Limited is an Australian publicly listed corporation providing operations and maintenance, asset management, – Read more