Transfield

Transfield Employee Reviews

Team Oriented job which had lots of opportunity for growth
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2012
My day was filled with helping my Executive Team on day to day functions; such as Adminsitrative, Orientation, Relocation Payroll, Recruiting, Safety, and Event planning for Human Resource and the Training and Development Department on a monthly/quarterly basis. My team was a pleasure to work with people from Australia to across the US nation. We had a versatile team with was rich with knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that people always came back to me becuase they knew i could assist them in my role or aleast make sure i directed them to the person whom could. One of the hardiest parts of the job was making sure that my people blended with the culture- training your teams that you must work throught the hurdles such of a language barrrier from someone in "India" to utilizing technology to assist on a different time zone.
Very Productive and Informative workplace
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 28, 2012
An easy day consist of ten hours of policy enforcing of OSHA codes and ordinances. Daily training of facility expectations, in regards to gas moniotiring use, evactuation drills, etc.
There was room for advancement in leadership and pay. The most enjoyable part of the job was being filled with so much information of such and industry, and the knowledge of vessels and their uses, etc. The hardest part would have to be the high distances in climbing with a lot of equipment, radio walkie talkies, various gas monitors.
Pros
the long hours
Cons
the weather and occasional lay offs
Productive workplace
Field Admin (Timekeeper) (Former Employee) –  Richmond CA and Benicia CAMay 11, 2015
Typical day at work normal. I've learned about the california law when to the overtime start, shift break, meal pay, holiday pay and more. Management wise not that good don't know who to follow and listened too. Co-workers good team player. The hardest part of the job when TA paper work not fill up correctly from HR. The most enjoyable part of the job meet new people when TA around and when you help those employee to meet their expectation.
Cons
health care
great place to work
Safety Attendant/Labor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTMay 12, 2013
My responsibilities included: Holewatch, Bottlewatch, Firewatch, Confined Space, Ground Support. This was a turnaround assignment
Pros
great pay and a lot of overtime
Cons
not for someone that can not travel
TRADES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lonsdale, South AustraliaJuly 3, 2014
Great bunch of guys to work with that taught me a lot about the hard working life of the mining game
Pros
good hours & close to home
Cons
that the job didnt last long
Safety Attendnt (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 16, 2016
Short term work assignments. This is seasonal work, lasting on the average of 3 6 weeks. This is not the typical work to support a family in a one income household.
Pros
Contract Work
Cons
Contract Work
very good place to work
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAOctober 1, 2013
excellent place to get experience, my co workers are great people, hardest part of te job is wearing a chemical suit all day.
Professional
R&E Construction/HS&E Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2013
Hardest part of job, the site plans never match the deliveries. Steel, switches, capbanks, building