TRANSFIRST

TRANSFIRST Employer Reviews

Do Not work in the Operations Department
Merchant Trainer (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benefits start right away
Cons: can't be sick, can't take days off, fear of loosing your job everyday
This job was sold to me. Little did I realize that at the time. They have no concept of life happens outside of work. If you are 2 mins late it will go against your monthly productivity even if it only happens once. This department wants you to show up sick and stay at your desk even if that means throwing up in your trash can. The only time you are – more... allowed to get up for bathroom breaks is on your breaks. I love the job but management is impossible to please. – less
Loved working here
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 27, 2014
Best place I have ever worked. Great people great company. I went out on pre set appointments every day and did consaltations for merchant processing.
You are nothing other then a Number / BANK PARTNERS S*CK / And the help and direction you get is HIT YOUR NUMBER EVERY MONTH & YOU WILL BE OK !!!
Account Exec (Former Employee), Hauggauge regionApril 2, 2014
Pros: good products / and for the most part a good help desk for the reps to call in on!!
Cons: sales management s^cks!!!
Yes I had to pleasure of working with Transfirst and for Transfirst.....
The working with Transfirst as Agent Bank wasn't bad!!
I had a good relationship w/ them. Of course there were some bumps along the way but, no business relationship is perfect..
Unfortunately, There came a change in the business climate and my bank sold off the merchant services – more... to Transfirst.
I interviewed for a position with T/F and got the job. A week in training and then on the street. In all fairness I had a very good idea of T/F operating systems.
I connected w/ my new T/F Regional Mgr. on the following Monday.
We were to have spent the whole week together .... That never happen (1 1/2 days). Only to be seen one other time in my territory at a bank meeting. Although in the beginning very available to my calls then that fell off.
Monday we would have our weekly mind numbing hour sales meeting. It's main theme was your weekly projections and equipment sales (primarily leases the money maker). There wasn't any real direction given other then sell sell sell and if your existing customer calls refer them to the 800#. You can't be worried about your existing merchant base other than if they were going to give you a referral.
BANK PARTNERS S*ck for the most part. As a bank Rep you were to get 70% of your business for them and if you LUCKY enough to have that type of Partner you had a shot but. most bank partnership in the Northeast it isn't happening. If you received enough referrals then you had to rely that they were qualified and ready to speak with you. NOT SO!!!! Usually the majority would be unqualified !!!! Or you would spend a lot of time chasing them...
So out of that 70% you would be lucky to get 3 or 4 deals a month leaving you to go out and get other 6 or 7 deals to make you sales quota. If you didn't make you would either be in line for a verbal or written write up (sometimes you wouldn't if you were close). I did have one of the highest self sourcing of deals in our sales group.
After T/F had a re-organization of sales teams I was moved to another team with a few others... what I thought was going to be better was NOT!! The Monday sales meeting were more mind numbing then before.... This manager was new to the position (nice person) and had no clue on managing people. Their stick was this is what I did when I was a Rep and you should do the same. I only saw this person once in my territory!!! Sometimes I don't believe either manager I had really moved out of their home offices (this was a common thought amongst the teams)
We did have monthly meeting for a while some were good others were not so good. It was at least a day out of field and for some 2 days out of the field (that hurts your numbers). The BEST Meeting is when the big boss called 95% of us ALL LOSERS because we didn't hit are it numbers... That was such a CLASSLESS ACT and have never had a sales boss say we all LOSERS before.....
So in closing working for T/F was a definite MISTAKE!!
I understand the idea of goals for a sales organization I do!!
I do understand that working with your people not only on the phone but, also working with them in the field especially if they are having a tough go of it is very important to a good working sales team.
You won't for the most part get that from my prospective with this company!!! To me Sales organizations need not only focus on the numbers solely but, teaching working with, on going training both in groups and individuals.
YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER TO THEM AND THEY WILL FIRE YOU IN A HEARTBEAT!!!! SO IF YOU WORK FOR THEM ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B AND YOUR RESUME UPDATED!!!!! – less
One of three tech support jobs I've had and by far the worst.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Broomfield, COFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: the office is nice; free coffee; most co-workers are cool
Cons: exploitative; very stressful; revolving door work force
I'd just graduated, and I figured why not give tech support another shot and get rid of my college job. I should have stayed with the college job. I've been much happier since I quit this place.

In a nutshell:

- They had to sell the job to me during the interview, and I found out why quickly enough. They may tell you that they require a few months – more... of tech support experience and some college (if not a degree) before they'll hire you. Nope, they hire people with barely any work experience.

- You get reprimanded if you place your phone on hold to go to the bathroom.

- Rules and liberties explained during training are quickly changed once you actually start your job.

- As a tech support rep, your primary job is to rationalize charges to customers' bills, and explain away the "mystery charges" that many are not made aware of. No joking, we're told to blame these charges on Big Daddy Government and their regulations. Luckily, no customer asked me which regulations, because we're not supplied with any answer to give them.

- Hiring is a revolving door, with a new team of trainees starting every two or three weeks. You begin to understand the cycle when you notice the veteran employees with years of experience suddenly not showing up to work.

- Easily enough, if you consistently use the break between phone calls to finish notes, you'll be fired. Even veteran employees will have 3 or 4 tickets open at the same time just to finish notes.

- Even the most minute aspects of your work ethic will be used against you: your use of "weak" words vs. "strong" words, deviating in any way from the encyclopedia of tech rules that they have, etc. You're basically stressed about losing your job every day you go in.

- As tech support, you are the switchboard between the customer and every other department. If someone is sales stretched the truth about the contract in any way (which happens regularly), you become the punching bag of that customer until you can get their sales rep on the line - which, good luck with that.

- If you happen to be one of those completely normal people who doesn't enjoy being yelled at and cussed out, don't worry, your trainer has supplied you with some of the worst reverse psychology ever employed by one person to another. It's your fault if you don't like being cussed out and condescended to by eighty people a day. "You're taking it too personally." (Other places I've worked, if the customer gets nasty, you have the right to correct the situation or hang up the phone.)

- Operations "prides themselves" by working with a skeleton crew, so basically that means when call volume is high, nice little Terror-alert chimes ring off and let you know to work faster than you already are and managers race around the floor like their heads are on fire.

All in all, I'd urge anybody to stay as far away from this company as possible. This is easily the most stressful job I've ever worked. Employee exploitation is the order of the day with this company.

As an aside, whether you're an old or new tech support rep, I'd highly advise you to leave the industry. I recently check back with an older company I worked for, only to find out that they're actually paying less than what they were in 2006. Beyond that, I've known people who've spent ten years at one company only to go back to entry level after they got laid off. If you're desperate, even retail will be a better bet for you. – less
They blame the employee for everything
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee), Hauppauge NYFebruary 19, 2014
So let me start off by saying this company really does try their best to give their employees the best training, the best support system in order to succeed. Here is where it goes downhill. U have 0 job security. All the top earners in this company that they constantly throw in ur face and use as an example all stepped in shi% and either live in an – more... area where there is limited competition or just completely got lucky with a referral partner... The truth is if ur in the New Jersey/New York area you are a dime a dozen and the chance of you making $85,000 is slim to none. You put tons and tons of miles on your car and they don't pay for your car, gas, tolls, or maintenance. The bank partners no matter how hard you try are always going to think of you as an afterthought, there are 10 other products that they are always trying to push... No matter what the truth is or the situation it is never the customers fault or the banks fault, u will be blamed for every little thing that happens. This company doesn't just throw u out there and for that I give them credit but as far as pay or considering it a long term solution don't even waste ur time – less
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Business Development (Former Employee), CAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: training was good till you have to make cold calls on street
Cons: to many
TRICIA BOZIEO a new sales manager in West coast doesnt have a clue what she is doing and her whole west coast team doesnt like her. MICRO MNGT to Death, Hung up on her staff because she got frustrated and couldn't take the abusive questions she was getting. This was the worest mngr or Comapny I have ever worked for in my life. Pay is a joke and all – more... they want is your former book of Business or START COLD CALLING becasue there bank relationships have horrible referrals and they know it. STAY AWAY – less
Very Productive and Challenging place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee), MiamiDecember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits and great commissions.
Cons: we didn't have much help with our activations.
TransFirst was the first position I worked in Merchant Services that offered a Referring Partnership with a Bank. I learned so much on so many levels working there. I was taught about how to manage my Bank Partners, how to train them and coach them as well as also learning much more on the numbers end of our industry. A typical day started with me visiting – more... my Bank Branches. I then would call from my pipe line to set up appointments for prospective clients. Anytime in between I would be coaching and training my partners. The hardest part of this position was the machine downloads and activations. It was extremely time consuming and sometimes a bit frustrating but it was a necessary part of my position. As it always will be. The most enjoyable part of work was meeting different people every day and challenging my selling skills. – less
Very on hands with employees and open to suggestions
Systems Maintenance - Data Entry (Current Employee), Broomfield, COAugust 25, 2013
I really enjoy going to work because of the pleasant atmosphere the job provides. Came in to work and understood what was needed to be accomplished in a day and was allowed to work in my own space and time.
Telesales review - Broomfield
Sales (Current Employee), AuroraAugust 7, 2013
Pros: training, coworkers
Cons: compensation, slow climb up the ladder
I work in telesales in Aurora. I like my mgr's & coworkers. I wouldn't say it's my dream job - but it's not terrible either. Lots to learn (and the training is great). HR/management over promised on the realistic compensation in the first year. You've got a small percentage of the team receiving the majority of the leads. First year employees will be – more... lucky to make $45k (and that's the peak performers) - many won't clear $40k. The pay is entry level - but the performance expectations are definitely mid-lvl sales.

Not a bad place to work if you have low overhead and can live on $35k/year (remember - you'll have good months and bad months). – less
Stay away
Operations (Former Employee), BroomfieldApril 21, 2013
Cons: unethical, favoritism to friends and family
Executive management and HR hire their friends and family and keep them there even if they do not perform. Horrible environment if you are ethical and believe in the work you do. If you can turn a blind eye to their misrepresentation of the numbers, then enjoy!
As long as you do not work in the operations area of this company it is fine.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Broomfield, CODecember 8, 2012
The senior management team is all sales people so they practice the culture of churn and burn employees. The customer is not important to them, they say they are but do not practice what they preach. Example: They are not meeting the budget so they make up another fee and start charging their customers.
Excellant Quality Team Work
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Colorado, DenverNovember 15, 2012
I am a very detailed oriented person and I like process-oriented job. The way QA process works is just the kind of work I like. For example, analyzing requirement documents, attending walk-through meetings, writing test plans, writing test cases, executing the test cases (or running the test cases) testing the application, logging defects, retesting – more... them and so on. I think I really like the process and that’s why I chose this career. – less
I would not recommend thiscompany as a place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee), Broomfield, CONovember 3, 2012
Pros: most of the people you work with have a nice disposition
Cons: what the company promises and what it delivers are two different things
I would not recommend this company as a place to work . They claim Support,education, advancement, job security however these things are by word of mouth only not by action. Salary is lower than other companies of it's seize and product. The Job it's self is very stressful,
Stressful and no job security
Account Executive (Current Employee), Cypress, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: unlimited income possiablity
Cons: no job security high turn over
Very hard sell.. Cold calling on businesses owners to change there credit card systems along with 2000 other similar companies doing the same.
Questionable Culture
Employee (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 5, 2012
Pros: using a laptop, decent benefits, plenty of parking
Cons: shady co-workers, seniority complex, too far out
I'm not sure if HR is aware of a lot of the political issues that go on here, but I decided not to be a part of it anymore. My group has been like a revolving door. Management comes and goes and so do the employees. There is a huge lack of senstivity and diversity within the company. People don't show each other respect, but rather argue and curse each – more... other out daily. There's a ton of backstabbing, lying, blackmail, and discrimination.

The hardest part of the job is getting out of the car each day to face the same stuff I did the day before.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting in my car to go home.

I've learned that if the boss that hires you leaves shortly after, you should probably look to go, too. – less
Productive and a great challenge
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 13, 2012
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: micro-managed
TransFirst was a great challenge and I enjoyed learning new things on a daily basis. I was told during my interview that our manager didn't micro-managed, yet she did (a con). I learned how the payment processing business works with merchants and how third parties became involved. The company is big, but our department was small. I enjoyed our little – more... amiable department. – less
A typical day at work
Partner Account Manager (Former Employee), Renton, WAJune 5, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: need bigger office space
Start the day/week with challenges and ends the day/week with solutions.
Transfirst
ACH Specialist/ Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
If I could still work here I would. The only reason that I left is because our office was moving to CO

About TRANSFIRST

Welsh makes wealth. Private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) invests in growing health care, information, and – Read more