TransForce Employee Reviews

Friendly employees
Company Driver/Part-time Temp (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2017
Hired on as part-time driver indicating would like approximately 20 hours week. Advised would be no problem - after two months employment left due to little to no work (worked less than 2 days in 2 months)
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
No work
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 4, 2017
had good working experiences working for TransForce. all management was easy to get along with. they worked with you on your driving needs as far as the area you wanted to work in and helped in anyway they could getting you a job.
Awesome people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 26, 2017
No complaints. Stood up for their drivers. People in office were always friendly and caring. If you had any problems, they were there to fix them right away.
Great work enviorment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 17, 2017
Well organized organization, scheduled routes, assist in transporting containers to and from the customers and to the rail yard. The hardest part of my job is sitting at a customer for hours
Pros
steady work
Place was run bad.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 16, 2017
There was times that I had to run over the 11 hour rule. TransForce was ok but the company we were working for had no idea how things worked. They wanted to make the money. No matter on the hours worked.
ford union job
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 10, 2017
a overall good job,did not like working nights,was very hard to stay awake the pay and benifets were pretty good,also was good bonus and holiday pay,a good job
Pros
good pay
Cons
night shift
good company to work for
LOCAL DRIVER, Driver/Sales Workers (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2017
pay is not that well but they have incentives that makes it better. most jobs are off on the weekend, m-f day shift. great inbetween jobs company. even better if you find a good tempt to perm position
Pros
schedule, off time, management
Cons
pay isnt as high as i like but good company
It was ok job
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 5, 2017
there was nothing hard about the job it was a job that you ran back and forth from warehouse to plant with part's for the car's.every hour you had to run from warehouse to plant
Not all it was built to be.
Heavy Truck and Tractor-Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2017
Long hrs away from home. Management does not care for you. You are just a seat warmer to them. Pay is low.
Days off are short. If you work for one particular company in Tucson and it dont work out they will find you nothing else.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No home life
start
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 23, 2017
Its not a bad place most of the people are very nice they have some pretty good jobs for starters but I'm not sure if I'd work full time with them but all in all not terrible
Pros
they have work
Cons
one recruiter is full of BS
If you have no other job prospects
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA/Kutztown,PAJune 23, 2017
Its just like any temp company. They send you out on jobs nobody else wants.You may get lucky and go out with a good company but thats rare. Promise you the world. Some companies may hire you. You will have to work atleast three months with them and another 3 months probation with the company that hires you if the job is a permenant one. You wont make the same hourly rate as everyone else. Go with them as a last resort until something better comes along
Ok Job for a Temp service
Regional Truck Driver / Yard Hostler (Former Employee) –  IndplsJune 22, 2017
Not bad for a temp driving service, never short of work, always plenty of work and gives you and the Employers a chance to find out if this job was a good fit for both
Pros
Job Flex
Cons
lower paid jobs
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 21, 2017
Productive and very pleasant place to work, great diversity, very bog copay with much room to grow and offers great opportunities for career advancement.
Cool place to work so far
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2017
I enjoy working here, the mangemnet team ia very professional and personable. They do their best to make sure your happy on the assignment and follow up to ensure you are happy.
Pros
Ability to change companies within the smae company
Cons
Some of the companies are low budget
day at work
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work is very routine of 400 plus miles per day. Typical procedures. The management of the company I work for is very good. No real work place culture, as I pull out of empty lot each day. Irregureular hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is being outside work.
Pros
Freedom of the road
Cons
health care, paid time off.
great company
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2017
this is a great company to work for and they are nice people. Never had a complaint about paychecks or management communications. The team in Memphis is great people and they get the job done no matter the situation or circumstances surrounded it. They are for their drivers. The pay around the Memphis area is a bit on the low side but if willing to take the pay cut for home, then this is your job. If you are not satisfied with one account and would like to be placed else where within the network. They will move you to another with no hassle without destroying your DAC Report and job history with multiple carriers on it. Driver call it truck hopping. Just give them an advance notice of wanting to change.
Pros
home every night for most accounts
Cons
don't get comfortable at one account because they will drop you first at chance
Life
Driver/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2017
Not being micro managed is great and learning new areas is always fun. Coming in 4 o'clock in the morning is hard and unloading products to business;signing paper work is a normal day.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No set time to come home
Working for Transforce was great!
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 28, 2017
I worked two different accounts during my time at Transforce.The first account I pulled a flatbed for Ryder delivering vinyl to window plants.I was home through the week and on the weekend.Being away from home was the worst part of this job.the money was the best part of this job on this account.
The second account I worked on was a Honda parts account.I ran over 600 miles a day but I was home every night and the weekend.The hardest part of this account was being on time due to the nightshift driver always being late.This was a line haul.The best part of this job was the money and the hometime.The worst part was not knowing when I was leaving due to the nightshift driver was going to show up the next day.
Pros
Money on both accounts
Cons
Being away from home on the first account. Waiting on the nightshift driver on the second account.
Great place to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 24, 2017
I learned a lot while working at TransForce and I am very grateful that I was given the opportunity to be part of that company and has led me to the great career I have in the Transportation Business.
Pros
Great atmosphere, giving the opurtunity to succeed
good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2017
transForce is a great place to work they work with you in every aspeack of the job. i wouldd work there again if they had something in my area. its a good outfit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransForce. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval