Transforce Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management no communication! !
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 23, 2016
Went to work at this company in Jan of 2016 never missed a day on my dedicated routes..then one day I hit a pot hole in a construction zone doing about 20 miles an hour which in turn snapped a tie rod end on the tractor I was driving and threw my tractor into a guard rail ..I was sent for a drug screen after the accident and was told that I could return to work as soon as the results came in..keep in mind I haven't had a preventable accident in 28 years up to this point and no moving violations in 35 years..After 3 days without hearing from transforce I decided to call them and they advised me my drug screen has not come in yet. I called them again after 5 days making several attempts to get ahold of someone ..finally someone answered and said they were gonna look into it and call me right back...well that was 7 days ago and I still haven't heard back from them. To me this is a very unethical way to treat your employees and a very poor way to run a business!!
Pros
Good assignment
Cons
Poor communication, lacks experience in the trucking industry
Great management
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2016
Great management. They let you run your branch. Willing to help in any way possible.

Hardest part of the job is maintaining your current drivers and building the business at the same time.
Pros
Management. "be your own boss" mentality.
Cons
work/life balance is touch sometimes. always on call.
Getting all the details of the job, also proper equipment to do job to the best of driver ability.
Transfer CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJSeptember 8, 2015
Making sure driver is comfortable with location and duties. Making sure driver have all equipment needed to do the job. Contact person in case problems happen.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Not having proper equipment and information to do job.
A good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2016
I worked there for 2 and a half years. They did change management 3 times in that period. They will stand up for their drivers. They also do their best to show the drivers just how important they are to the company. Also if things are not working out at one job they will do their best to find the right fit for you and the company they are sending the driver to.
Pros
The company will take up for their drivers
Cons
I enjoy working for Mark and Steve but work is slow
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2016
Id like to stay but they dont have steady work I enjoyed working with other transforce employees. Right now they dont have any work and I need something I know will be there regularly
Pros
great management
Cons
hit and miss on work assignments
Iz aight I would say if you want temp work
Class A Professional Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Company is ok,but lacks a lot of good management and alot of other things,they just staff drivers and know nothing else,questions ask would never be answered and if answered it would be partially leaving a doubt in the air still
Pros
CAN SWITCH ROUTES
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Not good place to work
Container Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAMay 24, 2016
Temp service, Not Driver supportive any issues won't be resolved. Pay is always in Question, chasing your money weekly, no chain of command to follow ..the lack of work is worse part, and favoritism thru out.
The best job I ever had
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJune 15, 2015
Drive seats to Honda for a truck driving company. I enjoyed my job and received good compensation. Everyone was helpful.
Pros
Good conpensation
hi
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2016
It a really good job. they are willing to work with you if you have a family issue. And they will do what they need to do to keep you...
The focus of Transforce is to make money for management .
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2016
Bottom of the barrel pay, no perks, no incentives, no log books, no variety etc etc etc...

But Hey Management is nice.......
Pros
Management is nice.
Cons
everything
dont waste your time
temp driver ft.woth tx. (Former Employee) –  dfw area texasApril 17, 2013
they will send you out for work knowing the customer lacks paperwork(cab card,insurance card regestration papers etc)will straight face lie about jobs ,throw you under the bus.just to get you there.and get mad at you for complaining.wont do a thing to correct situation with companies irregularaties.its all about the money for them.your replaceable.and dont get hurt on the job.ti took two years fighting in court over wokers comp claim.I WON>>they fired me for it.i sued again.I WON// they denied my unemployment benifits,I SUED// I WON/but my dauthers an attorney.she sued them for her attorneys fees,SHE WON.THEY HATE ME NOW//and are giving mme a bad reference with prospective employers,ILL WIN THIS CASE TOO..
Cons
as stated above and very poor wages
Nice Employer
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOMarch 14, 2016
Wonderful Staff nothing but great things to say about those ladies. Only problem is some of the clients they staff for. Overall I would recommend my friends to apply at this location.
Good Place to WORK
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 11, 2016
I love my job but am wanting to relocate somewhere other than Oklahoma. I would recommend this to Drivers who want to stay local
Everyday was interesting.
Yard Spotter (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 6, 2016
I was leased from Transforce to Space center. The Space Center employees were great. Understanding and fun to be around. Dealing the Transforce however was like pulling teeth. The only down side was not having steady hours. Sometimes working split shifts and keeping me awake for 18 or more hours.
Good company if hours are there.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
A good company as far as management but hours are not consistent. They are always willing to work with you it's just that when it's slow its slow.
Pros
When there was work it is great
Cons
Not consistant
Non responsive management
Equipment Operator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2015
Management do not communicate well. Their program coordinator do not keep you up-to-date on new job assignments. After on assignment ended it took them 3 weeks to call me for a 1 day assignment.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Good Company/Bad Time Management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2016
They need more people in the office. To much stress for 2 people to handle. I loved the interaction and working with the drivers, but with the reports, phones, and being on call 24 7 I didn't like it.
Placement Trucking Company
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 30, 2015
This is a placement company. The idea is great. I think the wrong people are in charge in the Arlington, Texas office. I don't have much good to say, because my only dealings with them is from this office, which I feel is very poorly run.
Management is non-existent
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaOctober 2, 2014
The recruiters pair you with companies that lack organization. Both the recruiters and the companies they assign you too are sneaky and spiteful with the way they operate. It wont be long before you grow tired of their antics. OTR drivers stay away from WMX out of Compton. Its an overrated experience. Also dont sweat the money because the pay that you recieve is only compensation for the inequaty and neglect that your going to endure.
Cons
several
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
it is a fairly descent place to work as a staffing company but they could be more Practical in their hiring, there is a such thing call Black Ball and their are big companies that do it without consequence not this company but they are out there to stop other good Drivers from getting a good paying career and that need to stop.
Pros
you can get placed.
Cons
they are not all that practical but all companies are about the same which they shouldn't be

2.8