Transfreight Employee Reviews in United States

Worked with Yamaha MFG
CDL OTR driver, yard spotter (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 5, 2016
I worked as a yard spotter servicing over 200 doors.Did Pre Trips and Post Trips on Ottawa Truck.Ever 3 months Got to bid on Driving out of state Jobs.I had a Concord NC Run where I got to uload my Trailer With a Forklift.
Pros
No Supervision, Great Benefits
Cons
Not Happy with New management
Great team to be apart of
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work majority of the time is solving issues and tracking loads to stay ahead of any issues that could possibly cause problems later down the line. I have learned how transportation via working with overseas account operate, also dealing with a manufacturing company everything must happen in a timely manner, to keep a low cost affect to the company. The management team at Transfreight i must say is one of the best i have ever worked with throughout my years of employment with multiple companies. As for my co-workers, we are all one big family. Like any family you have good days and bad days. The hardest part of my job simply is trying to get all the information needed to keep track of all events going on throughout the day since I work the second shift. I enjoy the peacefulness of my job and the positive energy that everyone generates in the office to keep the day moving.
Good place to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 9, 2015
 Primary contact for operational activities throughout BRP contract for cross-dock operations in Juarez, MX.
 99.99% accuracy on annual inventory for 2013 in a net worth inventory value of 9 M + facility.
 100% accuracy annual inventory 2014 in a net worth inventory value of 11M + facility.
 Review and analyze day to day activities in order to identify cost saving opportunities.
 Increased 20% usable locations by modifying rack (beam) height on current locations and avoided additional expense on rack purchasing.
 Preparation of quarterly and yearly forecast/budget, for cost and operational analysis.
 KPI development/maintenance for efficiency improvement.
 Project planning and implementation.
 Creation/development of production tool for team members, for a more efficient operation.
 Decision making and problem solving in order to minimize/eliminate customer impact.
very laid back and cool place to work....very fun!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 27, 2014
transfreight is cool and i really mean that. The place has some down home people their that are straight shooters and friendly. You're pretty much your own boss throughout the day because the job is simple. the only time you'll see management is when freight comes up missing or not there. But, on the other hand no job is perfect!...be it a small thing or major, my gripe was with new boss who had some ways that rubbed everybody the wrong way and people started leaving such as myself. Overall though, good place to start. You can't go wrong with an atmosphere like transfreight has.
Pros
work on your time, laid back, friendly people.
Cons
new management with an attitude towards certain individual..
A Wonderful Learning Opportunity
Traffic/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 19, 2015
I have been provided the opportunity to expand my knowledge on a professional level and an grateful for that. I have had a stable work environment for over 4 years and am quite proud o be able to add that to my resume.
Good place to work.
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 17, 2012
This was my first "real" job out of college and I am blessed to have worked for them. They are a great company that values family life. Pay for performance could be better and benefits are not the best but overall a good company!
Pros
limited micro-management
Cons
pay, training
very unorganized company they never take the blame for their mistakes
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  TIPP CITYJuly 27, 2012
they pay bi-weekly and they dont tell you that up front they dont keep up the maintenance on their trucks, the pay isnt nearly enough you have to bid on jobs every month & thats not fair it suppose to go by senority but for some reason everytime they got to me I had to take what was left for instance no consistance work hours for instance mon had to be in at 1;3O AM TUES BE IN AT 3;OOAM WED 4;3O THUR 2;30 FRI 3;30 NEVER COULD GET THE SAME SCHEDULE,IN ORIENTATION THEY MAKE IT SOUND ALL GOOD INSURANCE PRICES WAS TOO EXPENSIVE & NOTGOOD BENEFITS AT ALL OVER $100. EVERY PAY WEEK THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST TRUCKING COMPANYS OUT HERE NTB NATIONAL TRUCK BROKERS IS WAY BETTER THE CANADIAN DRIVERS GET WAY MORE PAY! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
plenty of paperwork calls driver constantly while on the road they lied about the pay
Family friendly organization.
SAFETY&SECURITY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2013
As a Safety and Security Coordinator, I integrated Human Resources and Safety & Security Departments personnel to assure the company’s home office, automobiles, and trucks remained in compliance according to OSHA and company safety regulations. I monitored records for 12 terminals including driver accidents and suspensions; processed worker’s compensation claims, drug and alcohol test, employment applications, and accident reports.

The hardest part of this job was visiting and evaluating fatal accident sites.
It was an average local trucking job
CDL Licensed Truck Driver - Class A w/ Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Princeton,INAugust 21, 2014
In my 3 years here, it was a stable job hauling Toyota parts. Pay was average and benefits (which I did not need and was not compensated for) were average. overall, it was an average job.
Pros
stable work
Cons
average pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYMay 19, 2013
The pay was good but they foster a culture of fear and will penalize people for very small infractions.
decent place to work treated you fair
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 29, 2014
Started my shift at 6pm drive to carol stream il drop trailer hook one back up drive to bloomingdale il live load made my way back to jackson fuel and scale trailer every day
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
bid every month
fast paced
forklift (Former Employee) –  georgetown kyJanuary 30, 2012
It was a fast paced cross dock for Toyota, time was everything and so was atention to detail. The lack of leadership from the teamleaders made it very hard to keep the moral up. Despite that it was very challenging and always changing. not a bad job but my family grew so my income had to grow also
Pros
fast pace, decent pay
Cons
no leadership
Great work environment
Transportation Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irlanger, KYJune 20, 2013
I learned a lot about the Logistics industry during my short stay. Great supportive staff.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 24, 2014
A good place to work. I didn't assiociate with a lot of the other employees, I pretty much stayed to myself.
ensemble agréable
Préparateur de commande cariste (Former Employee) –  cross dockDecember 2, 2014
1-debrifing et assignation de(s) poste(s)

2-exemple d'une journée sur le poste,import export
-checking des pieces sur check-list (3 points de contrôle)
-mise en place de la "set laine"
-attente de validation,responsable import export logistique
-chargement rigoureux dans un container
-mise en place de l'enveloppe contenant les manifestes des pieces chargées
-vérification et plombage de verrouillage