Transocean

Transocean Employer Reviews

Transocean was a grat place to work. They took pride in there people and there safty.
AB Seaman (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: n/a
You started the day off with a pre tower meeting so every one would be aware of what was going on that day. If at any time of the day you saw something not right are didn't feel comfortable with what was going on you had the right to call a time out for safty. I reaaly enjoyed working for them and everyone I worked with. They were a good bunch of people to work with.
Work Enviorment
Roustabout/Storekeeper (Materials Man Assistant) (Former Employee), Houston TxJanuary 23, 2015
Transocean is a good company and has good workers to work for. There have people who want to train you and help you climb the ladder for new positions.
Company look after his people
Chief Electronic Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good time off.
Cons: once on the rig you are 24/7 on duty, very long hrs of work at times
Typical day is day to day maintenance and preventative maintenance on the rig's equipment that is from PLC's, motor alarms, radios. V SAT tracking devices, basalt control systems. Deck Cranes, BOP check,
enjoyed the time i was there
Mechanic, GSF Celtic Sea (Current Employee), Angola,AfricaJanuary 14, 2015
enjoyed the time and the friendships that grew the years i was there. I learned alot and went to different schools to advance my knowledge in the equipment that we work on. I traveled to many countries and made friends with many people outside the US.
Great company with good values
Floorhand (Current Employee), Houston, Tx.November 22, 2014
Great company with good values. They invest quite a bit in their employess, but career progress is left totally up to how hard you want to earn it.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 4, 2014
Transocean ensures that employees have work/life balance.
Sr. Executive Assistant
Sr. Executive Assistant to CEO & CFO (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: gained great knowledge
Cons: contract
During the time of the short term contract I assisted the CEO of the corporation. Great Experience
Good overall work environment
Chief Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Typically my day was busy taking calls from various departments to troubleshoot down equipment and repair the same. Also we are needed to train personnel on the proper use of equipment and what to look for to correct minor issues with the equipment. Performed preventative maintenance on various equipment throughout the Rig. Reported to management of all repairs and training conducted.
Co-workers are well trained and all are very professional and easy to approach and talk to.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes long hours needed to complete some jobs.
The most enjoyable part is the satisfaction of a job well done and all is working at 100%.
Great Work Place
Floorhand (Former Employee), Gulf of mexicoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Assist Driller, various repairs to rid. Co-workers were great. Loved the work
Roustabout/Roughneck
Roughneck/Roustabout/Pipe Fitter Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: payed vactions
Cons: away from home
(Roustabout), Loading and unloading work boats as they come and go. Repairing pumps and motors in the Pump Room. General Cleaning on the pipe rack. Working with heavy equipment such as, high pressure water pose, and sand blasting machines. (Roughneck), working with heavy machinery on the rig floor to loosen and tighten different types of pipes coming in and out of the well head. Using tones which is used to trip pipe in and out of the well head, sometimes at 11-15,000 feet at a time. (Pipe Fitter Helper), working along with pipe fitters, or assisting them as needed, and being a fire watchmen.
Large Company
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Large drilling company, but divisions can sometimes have trouble communicating.
Wounderful place to work. People oriented company
Rig Mechanic (Current Employee), LagosJuly 17, 2014
Pros: safety culture is high
Cons: good healt care
I am interested in give my best and safety culture is my priority.
Assistant barge
Floor Man (Former Employee), Egypt, ARJune 24, 2014
1. Ensure all vessel documents are maintained according to set standrads.
2. Maintain overall safety including emergencyequipments.
3. Complete, submit and maintain company paperwork.
4. Co-ordinate work boats and helicopter logistics.
5. Ensure rig is properly loaded to the variable load capacity according to the operating manual.
6. Ensure daily stability calculation are completed.
Nice atmosphere with poor leadership
Accounts Payable - Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: good place for those with bachelors degrees
Cons: over worked and under paid
Many of the accounts are several years outstanding. You will need a badge to gain floor access and everyone is micro-managed.
productive, concerned to every employee in terms of safety
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Port, OKMay 8, 2014
Pros: take some rest, a few minutes, free lunch
Cons: healthcare, safety
a. typical day at work- Safety meeting our crew before go on job.and check equipment in a good condition. If something wrong I ask to my superior.

b. What you learned- working safely when I'm on duty to all crew, specially when a crane moving on deck.

c. management- just follow to the order of my superior

d. co-worker- my relief is happy during 12 hours of my duty and discuss if have some job remaining on deck.

e. the hardest part of the job- running the whole casing and rig move.

f. most enjoyable part of the job - teabreak and rig move.
Day at work
Roustabout (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: three weeks home
Cons: your in the middle of of the water for a long time
I get up and go to a safety meeting and then go get dressed for. Start chasing aroud a crain ball.
good place to work.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), houston, txApril 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: miss time with family
good place to work if you dont mind being away from your family up to 4 weeks at a time.
policy changes every other hitch.no chance of advance because of rigs stacking
Roustabout (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
company isn't the same from when I first got hired .Management is changing and nothing is stable anymore,Co workers are cool to work with policies change back and forth every other hitch.
Rig Electrician
RIG ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), North SeaMarch 23, 2014
Performing a periodic maintenance on appropriated equipment and following the STAR work orders procedures and updating primer sensors interfaces and transducers;
Follow a Chief Electrician task with unexpected faults, rectifying of them as required.
Monitoring SCR’s top drive, rotary table, shale shakers, mud pumps;
Controlling engines as auto start and full monitoring of them (temperature of oil, Cooling water, oil flow, pressure, exhausts gas, water ballast;
Controlling pumps and monitoring valves control Drawworks;
Being in charge of pumps, control-monitoring panels;
Being in charge of shale shaker frequency driven motors (soft starter) DC winches, cranes, BOP equipment, fire and gas installation and obstruction lights;
SCR’s: Top drive, Rotary table, Mud pumps control, Shale shakers, Engines, load control and auto start up and full monitoring of them, ballast system control and monitoring. Drawworks with aux. pumps, control-monitoring panel of it. Shale Shaker VFD of el.motors with aux. pumps, Cranes, BOP aux equipment, Fire and gas alarm installation, Obstruction lights.
Excellent place to work
Administrative/Mailroom and Warehouse (Former Employee), Houston TxMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at work was fast paced. I learned a lot in purchasing. Management was great. My co-workers were hard working. There was nothing to hard at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different vendors I would meet.

1 2 3

About Transocean

Transocean LTD. (Transocean), formerly Transocean Inc., is an international provider of offshore contract drilling services for – Read more