Transocean

Transocean Employer Reviews

Great Work Place
Floorhand (Former Employee), Gulf of mexicoAugust 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Assist Driller, various repairs to rid. Co-workers were great. Loved the work
Roustabout/Roughneck
Roughneck/Roustabout/Pipe Fitter Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: payed vactions
Cons: away from home
(Roustabout), Loading and unloading work boats as they come and go. Repairing pumps and motors in the Pump Room. General Cleaning on the pipe rack. Working with heavy equipment such as, high pressure water pose, and sand blasting machines. (Roughneck), working with heavy machinery on the rig floor to loosen and tighten different types of pipes coming – more... in and out of the well head. Using tones which is used to trip pipe in and out of the well head, sometimes at 11-15,000 feet at a time. (Pipe Fitter Helper), working along with pipe fitters, or assisting them as needed, and being a fire watchmen. – less
Large Company
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Large drilling company, but divisions can sometimes have trouble communicating.
Wounderful place to work. People oriented company
Rig Mechanic (Current Employee), LagosJuly 17, 2014
Pros: safety culture is high
Cons: good healt care
I am interested in give my best and safety culture is my priority.
Assistant barge
Floor Man (Former Employee), Egypt, ARJune 24, 2014
1. Ensure all vessel documents are maintained according to set standrads.
2. Maintain overall safety including emergencyequipments.
3. Complete, submit and maintain company paperwork.
4. Co-ordinate work boats and helicopter logistics.
5. Ensure rig is properly loaded to the variable load capacity according to the operating manual.
6. Ensure daily stability – more... calculation are completed. – less
Nice atmosphere with poor leadership
Accounts Payable - Global Supply Chain (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: good place for those with bachelors degrees
Cons: over worked and under paid
Many of the accounts are several years outstanding. You will need a badge to gain floor access and everyone is micro-managed.
productive, concerned to every employee in terms of safety
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Port, OKMay 8, 2014
Pros: take some rest, a few minutes, free lunch
Cons: healthcare, safety
a. typical day at work- Safety meeting our crew before go on job.and check equipment in a good condition. If something wrong I ask to my superior.

b. What you learned- working safely when I'm on duty to all crew, specially when a crane moving on deck.

c. management- just follow to the order of my superior

d. co-worker- my relief is happy during 12 – more... hours of my duty and discuss if have some job remaining on deck.

e. the hardest part of the job- running the whole casing and rig move.

f. most enjoyable part of the job - teabreak and rig move. – less
Day at work
Roustabout (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: three weeks home
Cons: your in the middle of of the water for a long time
I get up and go to a safety meeting and then go get dressed for. Start chasing aroud a crain ball.
good place to work.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), houston, txApril 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: miss time with family
good place to work if you dont mind being away from your family up to 4 weeks at a time.
policy changes every other hitch.no chance of advance because of rigs stacking
Roustabout (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 15, 2014
company isn't the same from when I first got hired .Management is changing and nothing is stable anymore,Co workers are cool to work with policies change back and forth every other hitch.
Rig Electrician
RIG ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), North SeaMarch 23, 2014
Performing a periodic maintenance on appropriated equipment and following the STAR work orders procedures and updating primer sensors interfaces and transducers;
Follow a Chief Electrician task with unexpected faults, rectifying of them as required.
Monitoring SCR’s top drive, rotary table, shale shakers, mud pumps;
Controlling engines as auto start – more... and full monitoring of them (temperature of oil, Cooling water, oil flow, pressure, exhausts gas, water ballast;
Controlling pumps and monitoring valves control Drawworks;
Being in charge of pumps, control-monitoring panels;
Being in charge of shale shaker frequency driven motors (soft starter) DC winches, cranes, BOP equipment, fire and gas installation and obstruction lights;
SCR’s: Top drive, Rotary table, Mud pumps control, Shale shakers, Engines, load control and auto start up and full monitoring of them, ballast system control and monitoring. Drawworks with aux. pumps, control-monitoring panel of it. Shale Shaker VFD of el.motors with aux. pumps, Cranes, BOP aux equipment, Fire and gas alarm installation, Obstruction lights. – less
Excellent place to work
Administrative/Mailroom and Warehouse (Former Employee), Houston TxMarch 18, 2014
A typical day at work was fast paced. I learned a lot in purchasing. Management was great. My co-workers were hard working. There was nothing to hard at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different vendors I would meet.
Best place to work
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2014
Great place to work. Nice managers and friendly co-workers culture/
Very Productive
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Houston, TxFebruary 27, 2014
We was like a family offshore. We worked together as a team and looked out for each other safety.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule, great coworkers, stability, good benifits
Great place to work with many great benefits. Compensation was average.
Transocean
Expeditor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fair compensation, room for advancement, family focused, learning possibilities are vast
Transocean is a great place to work. The layoff was unfortunate but I really enjoyed the professionalism and high regard others had for it in the Oil and Gas community. This organization cares well for it's employee's and especially for veterans. I will always appreciate the learning experience and exposure I received at Transocean.
Transocean,is a place to work,with all equipment avaliable
Rig Welder/Senior (Former Employee), Port HarcourtJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: feeding free while on offshore, laundry services, safety equipments
Cons: 9, 00 oclock and 3.00 o clock are always coffee and tea breaks
Transocean is a company to work with if you are ready to learn,Trained you to become leader in any of your field in life,working 12hrs shift and 12hrs off duty,then working 28days on 28days off,The Transocean management encouraged all to be safety conscious all the time i.e safety first and all always,I learnt alot in Transocean,in term Training and – more... listening to subordinates,and supr,The use of start program,authorization,the co-worker understanding,they listen to each other in term of safety,most enjoyable is the going on time off,every 9.00 o clock and 3.00 is always tea break and coffee breaks,The recreations are always the best – less
ok
Roustabout (Current Employee), gulf of mexicoSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: crew was awesome
Cons: favortism
Enjoyed my job at first along with the crew i worked with. Just see no opportunity to advance in my career
Management was not good
Roustabout (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: management
The management on the Deepseas was not good. The people I work with were good employees and our management tried to work us into the ground. They thought that we were machines.
Works and have fun as a team
SAFETY OFFICER/ASST (Former Employee), Sedco Energy/ Anywhere in the World.August 12, 2013
It is my believe that with proper planning and monitoring and good team work, all jobs can be done safely, anywhere and anytime regardless of the pressures that is associated with the job.

I do know that the Tool is always available and support by the management, All jobs can be done ALWAYS safely. I am of the team that work and have fun because I – more... do enjoy working with a happy team. – less

1 2 3 4

About Transocean

Transocean LTD. (Transocean), formerly Transocean Inc., is an international provider of offshore contract drilling services for – Read more