TRANSPLACE

TRANSPLACE Employer Reviews

Very family oriented company
Transportation Coordinator/ Colgate (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMarch 13, 2014
I love my job @ transplace, they are a great company, but I miss the trucking side of transprotation.
Review
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Lowell, ArkansasJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoyed most aspects of the job. I enjoyed the independence and not having management watching my every move.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee), Frisco, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Transplace is a 3PL Company. It provides a Productive and fun place to work. Equal opportunities to all. Flexibility at work. Life and work balance.
busy fast paced company
Contract Coordinator, Legal and Risk (Former Employee), Lowell, ARAugust 20, 2013
Pros: being encouraged to set company goals and learn different jobs throughout the company
Cons: knowing at any time in any dept your position may not be needed
Working in the Legal & Risk Dept at a major Logistics company was a great learning experience overall, the responsibilities were tremendous and exciting. Making sure all truckers had all legally required documentation etc to haul loads for our various customers could be a stressful job however I found it exciting and worthy. I enjoyed my team members – more... on a personal level however, in the work environment I found that it was not easy for them to work under pressure and a lot of times hours would go by with out any words being spoken or any encouragement from our management which would make for very long days sometimes. I tried at several different meeting to communicate this to our supervisor, how important it was to keep things positive and how things would move and work a lot better for the company as a whole if we were encouraged to work as the team we were supposed to be. This seemed an impossible task for management to accomplish which made some days harder than others to get through. – less
ok to work there
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 9, 2013
a normal company , work, load, benefit are normal
not bad, but not very good either
Awesome
Broker (Former Employee), Lowell, ARNovember 6, 2012
Transportation Industry is my calling. Working there taught me self control and lots of things about the industry that I didn't know. I want to get back into it!
Management was not supportive of employees
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2012
Pros: not working at the corporate office
Cons: attitude of management
Tendered orders to carriers based on my customers approved carrier list.

I learned more about my customers, and the products they produced.

Management of the company was not good. Since I did not work at the corporate office, management really did not know what I was doing, or appreciate my effforts.

Co-workers were hard working, but not becuase – more... they were dedicated to the company, but for job security.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with management, and their lack of support.

Most enjoyable part of my job was working with other people at Transplace. I was able to make many long-lasting friends there. – less
3pl Company that is leading in Market Changes
Operations Manager SPX Cooling Technologies (Current Employee), Lowell, ARSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: friendly their just like family
Cons: n/a
We are growing leaps in bounds, but it's time for an new adventure.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARAugust 29, 2012
Pros: good opportunity for advancement
Cons: negative impact on home life.
Good place to work. Excellent opportunity for advancement. Management was always supportive. The only downside was the expectation that you be available 24/7, negatively impacted home life.
A great place to work, great team environment
Account Service Representative (Former Employee), Lowell, ARAugust 8, 2012
Loved working for this company and the people that I worked for
Account Service Rep. - Operations (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJuly 5, 2012
Pros: fun people
Good Place to work, kind, considerate people.
Management could use some upgrading.
Team work will get the job done.
Most enjoyable part is having a job to go to each day.
Great work environment, wonderful people to work with.
Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell, ARJune 11, 2012
Pros: flexible time schedule
Cons: the company set up the new division, it didn't flourish as planned, so the lay off was totally unexpected.
Job was a new division of the company that never really expanded the way it was believed it would. I enjoyed the work, the hours were flexible and supervisors were nice and easy to work with.
Growing company with a very positive environment.
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee), Lowell, ARMarch 29, 2012
Pros: work environment
Cons: location
The company has a great foundation with a lot of growth opportunity for people with Supply Chain or logistics experince.
The HR division is considerably small and I dont see a lot of growth opportunity here for myself.
Very busy place, with a lot of good and talented people.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 12, 2012
Pros: challenging work, and great people to work with.
Cons: limited 401k choices, pay not on par with industry average
Transplace provided an environment that was both challenging, with the potential for advancement. It was a brand new company when I worked there, so establishing the culture took a while, but since it seems to have developed into its own.