Transport America Employee Reviews

not fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 31, 2017
Company not interested well being of drivers only to get freight to where it supposed to go. Long days not pay for waiting on loads The way to get loads was not fair.
OTR Driver/ Contractor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 10, 2017
As an OTR Driver with TA, I found enjoyment with my last fleet leader. She kept me rolling and listened to me when I had problems. I would come back easily, I may not the slow trucks but all companies are going slow these days. Good company, no complaints!!!
Pros
Great Fleet leader finally after 6-7 people
Cons
Low pay as a Lease drivers

Comment – August 12, 2017

I should have said...I may not like the slow trucks but all companies are turning down their trucks fuel consumption and safety reasons.

Lots of opportunities with this company.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 30, 2017
Pay and insurance could be better.They try to work out problems with drivers in a professional manner.Enjoy working with my supervisor.Equipment is in fair shape.
Pros
Fuel bonuses
Cons
Need to pay drivers for overtime instead of straight time.
Not a good place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 23, 2017
U don't get the miles u are promised slow trucks solo drivers don't go east of I 35 if you are dedicated or regional it'll work out for you if you don't live in an area with freight you have to drive to the house from terminal for hometime
Pros
Trucks are nice
Cons
No miles
over the road
Interstate Delivery Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 8, 2017
good company to work for very fair but i just did not want to be over the road for weeks at a time they would get you home when they said they would..
Wonderful Experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 4, 2017
Working for Transport America was outstanding. The work schedule was flexible and over the road miles were above average. The pay was satisfying, but home time was limited and had to pick up loads on my last day of home time.
Pros
Flexible, Road miles, Pay
Cons
Home time
great oppurtunities
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
professional workplace, good shifts good hours competitive pay great atmosphere. cant complain its a job do what need to be done and you will succeed.
Better than Most
OTR TEAM DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2017
I loved working for TA in the beginning and only left due to health concerns stemming from my time over the road. I would definitely recommend them over most OTR trucking companies!
Not so fun place to work
Fleet Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Its an ok company nothing really exciting typical trucking company. If you walk away from your desk for lunch you become very far behind not a lot of support for you.
Pros
Great regional manager
Cons
Not able to take a lunch away from your desk.
Review Summary
Support Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2017
This was absolutely a great company to work for. Hardest part of the job came when it was time to implement the automated gate. We worked long hours just to be escorted off the premises to no longer having employment. Upon heading out the door I looked at the leadership board and noticed not one sign of diversity and decided that this position I held was the only path to a leadership role and that it was being taken away.
Cons
No diversity in leadership
Good work place
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 16, 2017
Loved this company they got me home wen needed to saw a lot of places with them pay was great never had a problem with miles or running freight for them
I was Owner /Operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 30, 2017
The Money made was not enough to cover home after the fuel expense. Always more loop holes about the pay, but it never appeared to equal to the pay or miles .
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Pay scale
trucking
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMay 26, 2017
over the road drivers is a very difficult job, Little home time and long driving hrs. the pay is good for the sacrifice.. FAIR company TO WORK FOR .. great EQUIPMENT!!!
Pros
Sit time pay
Cons
Little home time
No respect and low miles
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2017
Do not work here, I was promised 2500 miles a week and made that once in 9 months running everything sent to me via Qualcomm, if you can afford time off they won't get you home when you want and their safety they talk in orientation is the same as any other company all they care about is their loads and how hard they can push you also they will keep your last pay check and leave it up to you to get home if you do the right thing and turn your truck in not under a load.
Pros
Direct deposit that's how they are changing trucking
Cons
Low miles and industry low pay
not a good job
Transportation Company, Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 25, 2017
a day at this job was not a good experience

at this job i have learned to treat people with respect

did not like management at all

the work place was just get out there and go

could not get good communication

did not enjoy no part of this job,, sorry..
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad cummincation
long haul trucking
Fleet manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 23, 2017
good company , tough business , I didn't like this career much and it showed. Some people that worked there loved this type of work, nice facility , Big company
Pros
nice place
Cons
alot of good people
New outlook on trucking career
Dedicated OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
Pretty laid back orientation process! no Apu's, 1500 watt inverters(250.00 OR 50.00 a week deduction),freightliners have opti-idle, Kenworth you're out of luck! in cab scanners, no setting a long time waiting on loads! Driver Leaders more on the side of you both making money than most trucking companies! one free truck wash a month! trucks governed at 62 mph like SWIFT LOL! teams can go 68 for 1 cent a mile pay deduction!

Solo drivers 400.00 dollars no refundable pet deposit and 10.00 a week!
Teams up to two dogs 3.00 per week.

pay settlement statement upon delivery sent to you over qualcomm, and you can accept or reject pay settlement!

night time dispatch/weekends same as other companies just human answering mechanics, no real help at all!
Pros
does everything they say so far!
Cons
none as of yet
Typical over the road truck driving job.
OTR Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 3, 2017
To be fair I have only worked this company for 7 months a long time ago. Seems to be a typical over the road truck driving job. Doesn't seem to be anything special.
Multiple terminals throughout the country.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 1, 2017
They provide safe havens in several states. Clean driver's lounges, laundry rooms, Also clean towels and laundry soap. The Staff was very approachable.
Busy People are Happy People
Support Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 18, 2017
TCAM had lots of drivers and lots of customers, so it was a bit like the weather, changing from day-to-day, which made for a good challenge. I appreciated that Safety was their core value,
Pros
Top of the line dispatching software; updating security bells & whistles on the trucks
Cons
Tendency for micro-managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transport America. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval