Transport America

Transport America Employee Reviews

Family like work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Hometime
Cons: Not enough miles for me
Good work atmosphere, good with home time, and thrive on family lifestyle which is a big deal for drivers. Make their drivers feel welcomed when they come aboard and after. It's a good outfit to start off with for new comers entering this type of field.
dispatchers get away with what they want. no accountability
otr solo (Current Employee), north liberty iaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: most things
Cons: dispatch lying and management not holding them accountable
love most things about ta, but have problems with dispatch. followed chain of command and they do nothing to resolve issue. its like dispatch is god and noone can touch them. love the company overall but my dispatcher is a liar and a lowlife. wish management would intervene
Good Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 23, 2015
Transport America is a good company really good people to work with, really understanding towards your needs. The only thing about most Over the Road company's is you can end up with hardly no money to send home. Not good with a family and your not home, most of the time.
Productive and very busy
• Claims/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: always busy
Cons: taking advantage of good employees.
This is where I got started in the trucking industry and got hooked. I learned so much about trucking and all the ins and outs of what it takes from the time a truck pulls in to load the product to when product gets delivered. I had a lot of fun at this job and my co-workers were great. We were all very busy with things to do, but still managed to always help each other and have fun.
good company
Dedicated Team Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: stable
Cons: bad dispatch
easy going day just not a good fit for me was on the dedicated mercedaes run doesnt pay all that good and theres some dispatchers that will run u around in circles while ur trying to pick up
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2014
Pros: got to see other states
Cons: not home much
I would of like it better if the hours away from home was better
Good company to work for.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 16, 2014
Transport America was a good company to work for. However, they lost the contract for my dedicated route.
great place to work for.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNNovember 6, 2014
fleet leaders were great to work for. the traveling was my most enjoyable part of my job. and the people that i met
loved working here
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 10, 2014
this was my first driving job and I loved it. from the I was hired on until the day I left !!!
Transport America is a great company to work for
Over the road driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNOctober 5, 2014
Pros: nice new trucks to drive
Cons: not really any
They treat their employees with respect, they will try to get you home when you want home.
Good company , little advancement
Recruiter (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 26, 2014
I really enjoyed my time there. My co workers were great. However Management does not recognize good talent and frequently I witnessed great people leave due to this. It is really too bad. TA could be a stellar company not just a good company if a few people could just wake up and see this. Keep the good, get rid of the bad.
54,000 a year and home weekly,
OTR,Regional and Dedicated Driver (Former Employee), Grove City, OHAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: home weekly greatly depends on the drivers ability to keep up.
A typical day at Transport America was an adventure; this job is not for the faint hearted, Route planning and schedules are very tight. Learning how to overcome this adversity I have found to be very rewarding both in compensation and longevity. I learned that I get what I put into the effort back. Management, though very demanding, is also very rewarding. The co-workers were a professional group of drivers. the hardest part of the job is going undesirable places and keeping the schedule running cop hysteric. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a part of a great big transportation initiative.
not a good place
Assist drivers (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 19, 2014
not a good place to work go through alot of people. We are talking about Rels valutation here many temp services go through here.
Sysadmin @ JCL
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 3, 2014
The people and atmosphere there is wonderful. I have no complaints. I had to move on because I didn't make enough money.
Review Summary
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2014
Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems to maintain efficiency of Freightliner and Kenworth diesel engines.
good people.
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 19, 2014
Pros: you can make good money if you want to stay on the road.
Cons: on the road alot home once a week
working for this company, you have good people that try to help you any way they can,they have good benefits. they good trucks.they have good miles if you like to make a lot of them.
An excellent place to work if you don't ever get injured.
Driver (regional) (Former Employee), Eagan, MNApril 10, 2014
Pros: work family, equipment, standards, training, stability, home time
Cons: corporate management a_sh_les!
A typical day was smooth & easy. Wake up early, log in, pre-trip, trip-plan, get rolling, most pick-up & deliveries were simple especially for regular customer locations. Lot's of no-touch freight, high % of drop & hook, lots of relay loads. Management was decent on the terminal level, corporate now that a horse of a different color. The hardest part of the job was low pay for hazmat loads/ getting propane for heater trailers. Most enjoyable, almost everything. If I had not gotten injured would've liked to have retired from this company.
this is a good company
Southeast Regional Driver (Current Employee), atlanta,gaApril 3, 2014
This is a good company, they just dont have any local positions available.
Good company to work for.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), North Liberty, IAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: steady work, variety of work, hours.
Cons: need more training, better communication, shop.
I like working here at this location. Monday through Friday 7-5 and weekends off. There is a after hours on-call. Good place to learn if your starting off. May even stay working there. It is a small company but a healthy one too. Try it out and give it a shot. But not everything is for everyone.
A great company to work for.
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 9, 2014
Pros: a place to grow
Cons: moved to pa
Fast paced, always learning, working with the drivers and teaching was enjoyable. Increasing safety rating due to log program was a bonus.

1 2 3