Transportation Research Center Employee Reviews

Nasty culture
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHOctober 30, 2017
Accepted the position and enjoyed what I was doing. Then, I was called into HR to be told I was fired after 3 months on the job as I wasn’t meeting expectations. Funny because I had 2 weeks of training and then I was expected to know their loop wholes in their documentation and it is a lying culture at TRC.
Pros
Fun work
For people who like to drive
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OH 43319March 27, 2017
Easy enough job to perform as long as you pay attention, Job is not very physically demanding as you mostly do a lot of driving testing vehicles for their durability and endurance.
Test driving and maintaining experimental and production vehicles.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHMarch 22, 2017
A great place to work in East Liberty, Ohio, TRC tests and reports on experimental, pre and post production vehicles. A complete testing facility with an extensive number of road surfaces that can simulate any road and driving condition.
Pros
Non strenuous work environment, room for advancement.
Cons
Most work starts out part time
Flexible hours but zero consistency when it comes to work load
TEST DRIVER (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 8, 2015
This position is fine if you're already retired or just need some pocket money but otherwise is way too unreliable to be counted on for steady money.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
inconsistent
LOved this place. Had time alone, easy but important job.
Drive/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHOctober 31, 2014
Loved to have the whole day planed, people were great always at work. the Management was very nice and help you whatever you needed.
Pros
drove proto types
Cons
boring sometimes
Good Job for someone with an automotive passion
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Good environment and great co-workers. The hardest part is keeping up with busy schedules and close deadlines.
Fast Paced environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 25, 2013
Not a dull moment. Learned a lot of valuable skills while employed in this sector.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
background noise
Need a part time job?
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHSeptember 21, 2012
Job security is a big issue here. You can work a whole week then the next week be laid off. Management at times seems to have no clue what we actually do. The rules change shift to shift and day to day.
Pros
tons of vacation if you are full time.
Cons
pay, attitude, lack of work
Has its ups and downs
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  East Liberty, OHMarch 31, 2012
The place can be fun, but overall experience, after several years, is not to my liking. I enjoy the job, and work hard at it. There tends to be a lot of job advancement within the company, but has been very hard to just get an interview for a position. Job security can seem okay, but it is limited to how much work is there. This does not only apply to part time people, but also full time. With that, the performance of people, as a whole, affects everyone including their own job position. Actions to prevent job security issues, and overall employee moral, don't seem to be top priority till something happens. My supervisor though is fantastic at what she does. She is able to blend being a friend and being a boss. She does everything she can to make the shift run correctly. Everything, within her ability, is done right and I respect all she has done. Overall, the job has its perks (pay for what you do, paid time off for full time, most the coworkers, and you get paid to drive!) but there are issues I wish would get addressed. There needs to be a better way of handling issues, and think of ways to improve employee moral so everyone will want to do their job properly. If I could get some kind of advancement, I would love to stay with the company.
Pros
compensation for what you do, pto for full time, flexibility in scheduling, driving vehicles (to set program), laid back enviroment
Cons
work ethics, lack of courtesy of some coworkers, job advancement (meaning just getting an interview, not open positions), job security at times, lack of some to do job properly
Good job, but not very reliable income.
East Liberty, OH (Current Employee) –  Test DriverNovember 9, 2011
Great place to work, but only in the summer. Once winter hits, work slows down and you can go several months without working at all.
Pros
easy job. good management.
Cons
not alot of room for advancement, lack of year round work.