Transtar Industries Employee Reviews

EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 17, 2016
Transtar Industries Cookeville is a good place to work. The folks are friendly, but the best thing about this location is the transformation that has taken place since Transtar acquired the company. Innovation and Continuous Improvement initiatives are apparent when you walk onto the production floor. I am anxious to see where the future takes us.
Pros
Hours - 1 production shift
Cons
No air conditioning in manufacturing area.
This was just to far of a drive to make everyday
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 12, 2016
The management team changed after two months of working at Transtar. They were implementing new process without fully understanding how it would impact other departments.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
To many implementation without knowing how other departments would be affected.
closed down
Machine Operated Welder (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PASeptember 10, 2015
was a temp for 6 months was suppose to be hired on full time after 3 months and it never happened. then they closed soon after.
A company with a significant uphill battle ahead
Regional Controller - US Distribution/Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 5, 2015
Leadership changes during my tenure and other management changes have impacted my review. Communication is lacking across all functions of the business as well controls. Systems are very dated particularly for finance function. Current ERP system is JD Edwards AS400 which is run on the 1980's platform.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Communication and systems
Great VP & Manager
Unified Communications Architect (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2015
But not enough staff for workload. Typical work day is 10+ hours

They are (or were) very flexible on hours in the office.

SOME co-workers are gossipy and try to go on power trips.

Management makes the job fun. very easy going.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
to much work no enough people
Transtar is not a great place to work.
Lead/Rebuild/Accounts Receivable/Grinding (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2015
No matter how hard you work, it's not noticed, and they will keep you down no matter what, I became a lead, and forklift certified in less than a year and still was getting paid the same as a temp after I got hired on
Pros
Some of the people there were ok.
Cons
management sucked.
Great people to work with but some management isssues
Machinist/Auditor (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 31, 2015
All my co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There isnt really any room for growth once you are hired. In the feve years i was there I had four bosses and I dont just mean supervisors. about every year corperate would find a new one. the only good one was the one I had when I started and he had been doing it for fifteen years I believe. When he left and all the following bosses were hired they came from outside the company so they didnt have a clue about the industry, this really hurt the company. As for job security it wasnt bad until they bought out a smaller competitive company in another state and shut our entire plant down, laying off 150 workers so they could have cheaper workers at the company they bought out.
Pros
Cons
Many unessary changes because of management
CTS Customer Service Representative
CTS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMarch 18, 2015
Collect and process daily tracking information to ensure units are received in a timely manner. Follow up with vendors and sales representatives so all parties are aware of status of the product.
poor pay structure.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 26, 2015
My duties include: Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services. Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers. Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential. Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers. Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service
groups.
Cons
Poor Pay Structure.
Dynamic environment.
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaFebruary 19, 2015
The ownership of the company changed four times while I was there. Each change brought new challenges.

We produced a re-manufactured product, so there were a lot of challenges that don't exist when manufacturing a new product.

We had a very professional and cooperative team at our facility. it was sad to watch it dismantled and relocated to Tennessee.
Pros
There wre a lot of great people I got to work with.
Cons
The frequent change of ownership made us feel like a commodity to be traded.
very good
Product Manager / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2015
• General Manager during a 3 divisions integration in Portland Or.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of sales and manufacturing.
• Resource and developed of new products for the distribution in our 62 locations through out the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
• Monthly meetings with sales representatives for product overview.
• Computer and catalog review and update
Great team effort.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work was a hard working face paced environment. I learned how to run a lathe acquiring minor skills. Our management team was a very fair and great team to be a part of. The co-workers were the best part of the job working at Transtar. Any question you had or would have they would help find the answer if they didn't know themselves. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the engineering team and meeting our goals. The engineering team did not want to work in a team effort with the floor workers. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to see your coworkers.
Pros
Managment, coworker, hours, pay
Cons
Expensive healthcare with not much to offer, pm boss
Ok place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2015
Delivered products to customers. Spent a lot of time in a truck. Maintained inventory in warehouse. Wrote orders in log books.
I enjoyed working for this company
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2014
The company has many experienced workers. I started as a candidate with little experience about the product line. The place helped me grow and get experienced about many things.
welding / rebuilder
rebuilder / welder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PaDecember 3, 2014
weld intricate parts on transmissions also maintence on machines and equipment. Rebuild parts and trasmissions.
Hi energy atmosphere
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  HAZEL PK., MINovember 12, 2014
Fellow employees functioned as a team. Solved problems as a team.
Closing Down
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAOctober 21, 2014
The job and co-workers were not bad, but the management was not the best that is why they are closing the doors on it.
Pros
Cons
managment
Positive environment with a great work culture
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 5, 2014
Requisition and PO processing, vendor follow-up, material review and analysis, invoice resolution, work order completion, sourcing new suppliers. My most enjoyable part was sourcing new suppliers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Noisy
main job sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Caguas, PRAugust 3, 2014
been working here for about 10 years know I have grown and learned a lot here other than that I have no more to show for. never have gotten a raise nor promotion and as a key employee here (main go to guy) it weighs a lot on my decision to look for employment elsewhere...
Fast pace work with always something to do
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYMay 20, 2014
Warehouse Manager
• In charge of all shipping, receiving and outbound logistics
• Conducting daily cycle counts to control inventory
• Delegating tasks to and overseeing over 15 employees
• Working closely with salesmen and branch manager to coordinate large orders
• Ensuring satisfaction of multimillion dollar accounts
• In charge of running yearly branch inventory
• Processing returns and accounts receivable
• Responsible for making sure multiple daily deliveries go out in a timely fashion
• Hi-Lo and forklift certified
Pros
great crew
Cons
physically intense work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transtar Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7