Transtar Industries

Transtar Industries Employee Reviews

CTS Customer Service Representative
CTS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Walton Hills, OHMarch 18, 2015
Collect and process daily tracking information to ensure units are received in a timely manner. Follow up with vendors and sales representatives so all parties are aware of status of the product.
poor pay structure.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Holland, OHFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: poor pay structure.
My duties include: Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services. Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers. Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential. Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers. Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service
groups.
Dynamic environment.
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Rancho CucamongaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: there wre a lot of great people i got to work with.
Cons: the frequent change of ownership made us feel like a commodity to be traded.
The ownership of the company changed four times while I was there. Each change brought new challenges.

We produced a re-manufactured product, so there were a lot of challenges that don't exist when manufacturing a new product.

We had a very professional and cooperative team at our facility. it was sad to watch it dismantled and relocated to Tennessee.
very good
Product Manager / General Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2015
• General Manager during a 3 divisions integration in Portland Or.
• Responsible for the day to day operations of sales and manufacturing.
• Resource and developed of new products for the distribution in our 62 locations through out the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
• Monthly meetings with sales representatives for product overview.
• Computer and catalog review and update
Great team effort.
Laborer (Former Employee), McKees Rocks, PAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: managment, coworker, hours, pay
Cons: expensive healthcare with not much to offer, pm boss
A typical day at work was a hard working face paced environment. I learned how to run a lathe acquiring minor skills. Our management team was a very fair and great team to be a part of. The co-workers were the best part of the job working at Transtar. Any question you had or would have they would help find the answer if they didn't know themselves. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the engineering team and meeting our goals. The engineering team did not want to work in a team effort with the floor workers. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to see your coworkers.
Ok place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2015
Delivered products to customers. Spent a lot of time in a truck. Maintained inventory in warehouse. Wrote orders in log books.
I enjoyed working for this company
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 26, 2014
The company has many experienced workers. I started as a candidate with little experience about the product line. The place helped me grow and get experienced about many things.
welding / rebuilder
rebuilder / welder (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PaDecember 3, 2014
weld intricate parts on transmissions also maintence on machines and equipment. Rebuild parts and trasmissions.
HI ENERGY ATMOSPHERE
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), HAZEL PK., MINovember 12, 2014
FELLOW EMPLOYEES FUNCTIONED AS A TEAM. SOLVED PROBLEMS AS A TEAM.
Closing Down
Material Handler (Former Employee), McKees Rocks, PAOctober 21, 2014
Cons: managment
The job and co-workers were not bad, but the management was not the best that is why they are closing the doors on it.
Positive environment with a great work culture
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: noisy
Requisition and PO processing, vendor follow-up, material review and analysis, invoice resolution, work order completion, sourcing new suppliers. My most enjoyable part was sourcing new suppliers.
main job sales
Sales (Current Employee), Caguas, PRAugust 3, 2014
been working here for about 10 years know I have grown and learned a lot here other than that I have no more to show for. never have gotten a raise nor promotion and as a key employee here (main go to guy) it weighs a lot on my decision to look for employment elsewhere...
Fast pace work with always something to do
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Plainview, NYMay 20, 2014
Pros: great crew
Cons: physically intense work
Warehouse Manager
• In charge of all shipping, receiving and outbound logistics
• Conducting daily cycle counts to control inventory
• Delegating tasks to and overseeing over 15 employees
• Working closely with salesmen and branch manager to coordinate large orders
• Ensuring satisfaction of multimillion dollar accounts
• In charge of running yearly branch inventory
• Processing returns and accounts receivable
• Responsible for making sure multiple daily deliveries go out in a timely fashion
• Hi-Lo and forklift certified
No growth
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 13, 2014
Co workers are great.
Quality control
Solving problems as they come up.
Obtained Skills
Warehouse Associate/General Laborer (Former Employee), Walton Hills, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Transtar was a great company. A typical day included reviewing and pulling orders. After this was complete you had to fill the request. The days went fast.
Enioy a professional gratifing environment and happy coworkers
Tool and Die Machinist (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: working the 6.00am to 2.30am shift 20 minute drive from home is great.
Cons: the heat in the summer can get to you, but a good fan works for that.
My work week starts at 6.00am monday morning I normaly arive about 45 minutes early and listen to 100.3 the sound radio station.
Good music good funnies starts a good day. Say good morning to all clock in and proced to the tool room. Over the years I"ve learned that doing this type of work is always changing and always a challange.
Management here has a healthy attitued very frindly and knowledgable. They keep things running smooth, there when you need them. Workers get together in the lunch room and we play dominos or cards. Everyone here is pretty easy going and easy to get along with that's nice! There's no real hardest part of this job, maybe
the patience involved in working metals can be vigerious. But at the end day or each project I finish, knowing did a quilty job feels good.
I really love this kind of work everything I do has something to do with making things using the skills I've been blessed with.
days differ
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2013
Pros: not real demanding some nice folks to work with
Cons: lack of hiring from within company, favorites usually get better tratment over others
most days I would go in and help get out the run for our delivery. Then I would check and see if I have warranties to do or finish. During that period I would assist on the phones or help walk in customers. Also pull orders to complete runs before the next timed delivery
Best job I've had
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 2, 2013
I basically ran the warehouse. I operated propane forklift to handle transmission parts and engine blocks. I invoiced orders and handled customer orders. I unloaded and loaded trucks, I loved the job. I loved the manual labor and the teamwork, we grew as a company like a family
great
Order Puller (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 25, 2013
Pros: great job, busy my hold shift
Cons: supervisor lack professinalism
Hours was p/t & great at taht time in my life. Co-worker in recv. dept. knew and did his job. Would have love to stay permanent f/t!
great hours
Kit department (Former Employee), Florence, ALDecember 11, 2012
Pros: good management
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
I assembled kits, stocked and packed products. Job really wasnt hard. It was a good place to work, it was just very hot during the summer and cold in the winter.