Transtar Industries Employee Reviews

very laid back place, everyone worked well as a team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT 84119September 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for. A typical day at work was visiting customers and presenting new products, maintaining a relationship. Management was very fair and always willing to help when needed, great company
benefits
Cons
inventory wasnt so great
Productive place to work.
CNC Programmer (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PASeptember 9, 2017
Management was very receptive and well liked. The workplace was clean and tidy. The environment was casual and relaxed with a lot of emphasis on performance.
Opportunity to enhance my career.
Director of Sales - International Division (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 3, 2017
A typical day was a long one, virtually always more than 12 hours. The expectations were very high. I willingly did what had to be done regardless of whether it was a part of my job description or not. The CEO was brilliant. He started and built the company to become the undisputed market leader. Our culture was high but manageable stress. It depended upon the commitment each of us made to the company and to our valued clients. 80 hour work weeks were not out of the norm for me.
Pros
It was a pleasure to work for the CEO
Cons
The International Division was put on the back burner in favor of the Domestic Division.
Nice place to work at
Auto Parts Sales (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2017
Its a good place to work I love my co workers I just need more cause what I bring home really ain't nothing. I just need more so that I can provide for my kids and my grandparents I stay with.
Great company
PARTS SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 12, 2017
Transtar was a good company to work for, the pay was not as good as transmission shops but was more predictable. Management was very helpful and encouraging. Coworkers were helpful and team oriented. I left the company to seek better compensation.
Pros
Good Culture and approachable management
Cons
Long Commute
Office Closed
Account Manager, Collections (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2017
The collections department has been closed in Phoenix and moved to the San Diego office. I would have like a nice work environment, but the office was part of the warehouse and eventually I became comfortable with it.
Pros
Relaxed Attire
Cons
Very Poor Management
funwork experience
Counter Sales/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
a typical day at work consisted of pulling oders or working counter sales and either one was a very laid back experience. I was able to learn a lot of great stuff from fellow co-workers that has helped me out in later jobs.
transmissions
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 3, 2017
in the begining this was a great place to work.managment really cared. as they grew it was good with the exesting managment. they grwe bigger forced managment out for new managment with did not how to run the transmission business and run it into the ground .they closed the doors in pgh where it all started and with highly trained people. went to temp low pay and did not know how to do the work .
the company went under Great managment......
Fast paced work environment.
Sales Representative - South Florida (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
Fast paced with constantly changing product lines. 10 hour days but no weekends other than two trade shows per year. Pay compensation is very good.
Pros
Pay compensation
Cons
Long days
Productive and very friendly atmosphere
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed working as a shipping clerk for Transtar I would come in, and ship out customer orders, my co-workers were very friendly and helpful my managers were very nice and caring.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
working in the warehouse in the summer with no a/c
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 17, 2016
Transtar Industries Cookeville is a good place to work. The folks are friendly, but the best thing about this location is the transformation that has taken place since Transtar acquired the company. Innovation and Continuous Improvement initiatives are apparent when you walk onto the production floor. I am anxious to see where the future takes us.
Pros
Hours - 1 production shift
Cons
No air conditioning in manufacturing area.
This was just to far of a drive to make everyday
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHMay 12, 2016
The management team changed after two months of working at Transtar. They were implementing new process without fully understanding how it would impact other departments.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
To many implementation without knowing how other departments would be affected.
closed down
Machine Operated Welder (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PASeptember 10, 2015
was a temp for 6 months was suppose to be hired on full time after 3 months and it never happened. then they closed soon after.
A company with a significant uphill battle ahead
Regional Controller - US Distribution/Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHAugust 5, 2015
Leadership changes during my tenure and other management changes have impacted my review. Communication is lacking across all functions of the business as well controls. Systems are very dated particularly for finance function. Current ERP system is JD Edwards AS400 which is run on the 1980's platform.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Communication and systems
Great VP & Manager
Unified Communications Architect (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2015
But not enough staff for workload. Typical work day is 10+ hours

They are (or were) very flexible on hours in the office.

SOME co-workers are gossipy and try to go on power trips.

Management makes the job fun. very easy going.
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
to much work no enough people
Transtar is not a great place to work.
Lead/Rebuild/Accounts Receivable/Grinding (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2015
No matter how hard you work, it's not noticed, and they will keep you down no matter what, I became a lead, and forklift certified in less than a year and still was getting paid the same as a temp after I got hired on
Pros
Some of the people there were ok.
Cons
management sucked.
Great people to work with but some management isssues
Machinist/Auditor (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 31, 2015
All my co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There isnt really any room for growth once you are hired. In the feve years i was there I had four bosses and I dont just mean supervisors. about every year corperate would find a new one. the only good one was the one I had when I started and he had been doing it for fifteen years I believe. When he left and all the following bosses were hired they came from outside the company so they didnt have a clue about the industry, this really hurt the company. As for job security it wasnt bad until they bought out a smaller competitive company in another state and shut our entire plant down, laying off 150 workers so they could have cheaper workers at the company they bought out.
Pros
Cons
Many unessary changes because of management
CTS Customer Service Representative
CTS Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walton Hills, OHMarch 18, 2015
Collect and process daily tracking information to ensure units are received in a timely manner. Follow up with vendors and sales representatives so all parties are aware of status of the product.
poor pay structure.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 26, 2015
My duties include: Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services. Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers. Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential. Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers. Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service
groups.
Cons
Poor Pay Structure.
Dynamic environment.
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaFebruary 19, 2015
The ownership of the company changed four times while I was there. Each change brought new challenges.

We produced a re-manufactured product, so there were a lot of challenges that don't exist when manufacturing a new product.

We had a very professional and cooperative team at our facility. it was sad to watch it dismantled and relocated to Tennessee.
Pros
There wre a lot of great people I got to work with.
Cons
The frequent change of ownership made us feel like a commodity to be traded.