TransUnion Employee Reviews

Active workplace with little feedback.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 30, 2015
Was working in the rental screening department taking inbound calls about 60 per day. Also taking Spanish calls and translating as needed.
Large Corporation
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
Like any large company it is hard to have to much freedom.

I did enjoy the people I worked with. That includes the back-end support people that help the sales team deliver great results.
Analyst, Global Technology Solutions (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 20, 2015
Pros: "ability" to work from home
Cons: Biased head manager, favoritism among employees, scheduled lunches, PTO was always an ordeal
Personally I did not have the typical TransUnion analyst day at work on any day when I was employed. This is because I strived to go above and beyond as an analyst for TransUnion. A usual day would involve an analyst blindly following outdated knowledge articles to troubleshoot internal and external customers and then when realizing they can't solve the issue the customer or user would have their issue "escalated". My typical day involved utilizing the knowledge articles when I necessary, but I mostly applied the technical experience and knowledge I have gained throughout my professional career when taking care of any caller I received. My approach when troubleshooting is doing everything possible in my power and knowledge to resolve the issue and working in an environment such as TransUnion's I learned that this was possible through clear communication and guidance.
Working under a racist manager was not the easiest ordeal in my life, but I made due...
Most of my coworkers above the age of 25 were unmotivated individuals who really just did their job instead of trying to improve their job.
The hardest part of the job would be knowing you have the ability to do something, but discouraged to do it because of a protocol that is outdated and won't help a company last in this rapidly evolving technological world.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to resolve situations that the analyst is "mentally not supposed to be able to." No matter if the customer had an issue that I didn't have the access necessary to resolve I would get them in contact with someone – more... who would resolve it immediately for them. Too many times did I find myself the victim of life when an analyst for a bank or cable network couldn't solve my simple issue. It made my day sometimes to know I would get a positive review or someone would say "TransUnion needs more employees like you," "You make a difference," or "You're amazing how did you do that." The most enjoyable part of any job I will have is always being able to go above and beyond for the task and being successful in my efforts.
Sadly great benefits and decent pay is not enough to keep me at a position/environment where you are discouraged from contributing to the success of the business – less
On the way up
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Tranunion is on the way up. I once looked at Transunion as a dead end company with little advancement. With the current CEO he is pushing the company and associates through new challenges and it is creating a bright future for Transunion and it's employees.
Productive and great place to work
Call Center Team Lead (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, monthly associate recognition events
Cons: outsourcing
Always came to work with a positive attitude! I enjoyed working with associates across all levels. Lot's of recognition throughout the center. Unfortunately, the office closed in late 2014.
Transunion is a place for professionals and with solid skills, if you are coming here to learn, then this isn't the place for you
Linux engineer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great cutting edge technologies and awesome team
Cons: can't think of one
Transunion is a great company, fast paced environment, with cutting edge technologies. I feel good going to work every day, there is never a dull moment. I support 2 applications and manage Nagios monitoring system and Puppet Enterprise, both i have setup from ground up.
Compensation is decent adn good job security.
Manager is awesome and very knowledgeable, job culture is great
Management Does Not Have A Clue
Fraud Special Handling Investigator (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learned about the credit industry
Cons: poor management; management refuses to back up their employees because they fear their superiors.
People are placed in management positions, but they are not qualified. We had several managers that only had a high school education. They do not take the initiative to coordinate efforts with others to make a correct decision; they simply decide on their own. When someone attempts to help correct the problem, the unknowing manager that established the policy becomes defensive, causing the problem to not being resolved. CEO and CFO are completely clueless as to what needs to be done.
Start Up atmosphere
DevOps Developer/Linux Engineer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2015
This is a startup and it is going through growing pains.

Good CEO.
Typical day at work
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2015
My typical day at work is managing various market areas throughout the United States. I handle most of Ohio, New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Any discrepancy or reporting issue on a consumer credit report is what I investigate and look into. I work closely with various banks and other institutions to ensure consumers credit cards, auto loans, or mortgages are updating accurately each month so consumers may apply for further loans or make consistent payments towards their account. I delegate with sales and the customer to ensure best practices of our company.
Additionally, I use about 5 to 6 different programs daily. I am constantly multi-tasking to ensure accurate data.
Productive field
Quality Control Representative (Former Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
Flexible schedule and daily learning skills. Manage how to multitask and associate with other workers. Friendly and reliable place to work. Hardest part of the job was making sure all my health plans were correctable before exporting them. Most enjoyable part of the job was our little company events we had every other month.
Good Place to Work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexibility / ability to work from home
Cons: company wide outsourcing
A good place to work, but due to new management changes, downsizing / outsourcing has become popularized within the company.
Daily Day
Special Handling Senior Representative (Current Employee), Chester, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Overall Transunion is a great company to work for, I recently had the opportunity to travel on business to Mumbai, India. My daily job duties make my day go very fast. Management try their best to always be on the same page.
good leadership
Good co-workers.
Good management.
TransUnion the Big Company
A/R Collector (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
Pros: tu allowed me to lear allot.
Cons: too many levels of mgmt to report to.
Review Aging and follow up with past due accounts. Process debits, credits, and adjustments for portofolio (constantly changing). Answer internal and external emails & phone calls. Assist team and cover as required or needed. I reported to 5 different people from Team Lead to CEO of Finance. The hardest part of working here was the work was very repetitive. The best thing was the location (downtown) it was fun. The culture was very diverse and professional.
Education made fun and interesting
Data Acquisition Services Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Trans Union was unlike any job I have ever had- it did not involve retail or sales whatsoever. I learned a lot about credit bureaus and everything that they do. I worked closely with certain companies and reviewed specific information and made sure there were no infrequencies in the data. I attended a meeting once a week where I took minutes, typed them up after and set them to the appropriate employees. The interns I worked with were great and we got along very well. My managers and mentors were also great and taught me a lot. The most enjoyable part of my job was the lunch and learns; we would all go to a conference room where there would be a panel of executives from certain parts of the company and they would talk about their positions and answer any questions we had. The overall intern program was very well structured and I learned a lot.
Fun workplace
Special Handling Investigator - Representative II (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAOctober 20, 2014
Trans Union is a great company to work for, I've learned so much these past 16 years. Had the opportunity to expanded my knowledge and learned different processes.
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Chicago ILOctober 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Check out their company openings online!
Working at State Farm.
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 1, 2014
Pros: closeness to residence.
Cons: the ceo would be on the floor and would sometimes single out employees in front of their co-workers.
Arriving in the morning, check mail and incoming mail. Packages to arrive and to be delivered to management or employees. Assisting in set-up of program for quicker delivery of mail.

Co-workers excellent.
Fast paced environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Fullerton, CAAugust 28, 2014
Fast paced environment with great medical/dental benefits.
Lack of transparency in management is unnerving and generating insecurity among associates
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 28, 2014
Pros: close to transportation.
Cons: management has killed comaraderie in office culture.
Recent management changes and latest efforts to compress associates into smaller office spaces and use up all PTO before the end of the year only means they are getting ready to sell the company by next year. Outlook for this company is not good. Lots of associates who have been loyal for years are leaving. The recent resignations of upper management means they are see what's coming which makes the rest of us uneasy and planning our exodus as well.

September 20, 2014

Totally agree. Pathetic treatment of employees. I heard in one department they eliminated the position of someone while they were on medical leave. Whenever there is executive shuffling in a company, it's bad news and so far that has proved right. There are better companies out there. Stay clear.

1 2 3

About TransUnion

TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the – Read more

TransUnion Salaries