TransUnion Employee Reviews

retraining
Senior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2017
You have to have the skill sets they need.
They will train only for what they need.
Any retraining to receive a higher or different education your on your own.
Review
Enjoyed my stay
Good team
understanding individual's request
best manager i ever had
Pros
management
Cons
nothing
Not a good place to work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
This place needs to give its IT folks challenging work. I would not recommend anyone this place. Too many company reorganization and you never know were you are going too land.
Pros
Near public tranportation
Cons
Pay and projects stink
Great place to work great people to work with.
Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
Culture with employees is great, some great relationships have been built that are lasting beyonds the walls of TransUnion. Management weighs heavy on the work ethic in the organization.
don't wish to review
Senior Consultant - Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
Ok place to work would recommend it to others.

THat is all I am going to say. just typing because this is forcing me to keep typing and typing and typing.
Fast-Paced and Competitive Place to Work
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2017
A typical day at Trans Union consisted of multiple meetings; mostly status meetings and project meetings. The rest of my work day would consist of executing the deadlined, job projects that were assigned to me. While at Trans Union, I was able to learn how banks and companies solicit customers for new campaigns. Management consisted of a director and an immediate manger. Perhaps, the most difficult part of the job was managing multiple projects and meeting short timelines when executing the assigned project. Team work was a must at Trans Union, and this is the aspect of my job that I enjoyed the most. We operated as a close-knit, and fine-tuned unit when completing projects.
Pros
Team Support
Cons
Extended Hours
Fun with work
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Learned more from this job, was fun working with superiors and learned management skills. Was good team player. Good support from the team as an employer looks for.
Pros
Friendly culture.
Cons
No remote work
One bad apple
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2017
Northlake location has an abusive manager, harassment from the second you walk in the door until he leaves. When he "corrects", he likes to jab you in the rib cage with his knuckles, messes with your workspace and then yells at you for not having things together. Upper management even warned me on the first day, I thought they were just being dramatic. Few months later I reached out to the manager that warned me and asked for help. As a result my manager was sent to two mandatory classes, when he found out it was mandatory HR, he kicked the back of my chair repeatedly and barked "is this because of you??"... Harassment never stopped, just got worse.
Pros
Great overall company, lots of benefits, Chicago location is great.
Cons
Northlakes manager is abusive, horrible working environment
Unsure
Membership Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAMarch 8, 2017
Although I was part of the company for a couple years, I do not remember exactly how the culture was during my time there (close to 12 years ago). It was my first position within an office environment (worked in Retail Management prior).
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Unknown
Great Experience
Full Time Permanent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2017
Interesting culture, very corporate and not much room for individuality or advancement. It was hard to get noticed when doing a job well, and most times felt like I wasn't contributing to the overall success of the team.
Pros
Work From Home
Tu as a whole is a great company but beware division and location.
Not going to identify (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2017
If you're in the Chicago area and able to get a job at corporate TU is one of the best companies you can work for. The benefits are excellent and they have a great CEO. For the most part it's the best work-life balance that you can find in the market today next to Google. However if you're in the Denver area and working for one of the divisions in that office you need to be careful because the office is full of vipers and nepotism which is encouraged by the management, and supported by HR.
Benefits
Cons
Atmosphere, team mates, management.
fun place to work
California - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Managers need to acknowledge you instead just walking past you. Management only directed what to do, but didn't know how to do it.
Trans union
Special Handling Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at transunion. Answer escalated calls and solve customers problems. Analyst fraud documents for review and upload data to the system. Return calls. I have gain a lot of knowledge on how to analyze documents.
Fast-paced, great people to work with
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Fast-paced, Agile project management style, always something new to learn. Good benefits, open floor plan takes getting used too.
Pros
knowledgable and helpful people
Cons
often need to work nights, weekends, holiday's, and vacations
Productive and fun, friendly place
Accounting, Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
All employees are determined to do their job to the best of their ability while the company also encourages us to have fun and interact with each other to build strong teams with excellent communication.
Collaborative and inclusive work culture.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2017
The people and company culture are the biggest attraction at TransUnion. It is a great company with so much potential in the future. I wish the best to TU business and am always proud that I've been part of TU community.
Professional
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 6, 2016
I love working here it's a great atmosphere everyone gets a long. It's great because your mostly by yourself doing your work. I love speaking with consumers and helping them to the fullest extent.
Pros
Upper management always does little things for the employees
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work!
Internship - Computer Information Systems/Database (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2016
I was an Intern at TransUnion and only worked their for 10 weeks. My experience was very good and I enjoyed everyone I worked with and company was very good and professional.
Nice company to work.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Work and fun is balanced. Higher management sometimes not much considerate. Nice office space and location. There are lot of opportunities to switch teams as per your aspiration.
Ok place to work
Senior Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2016
I'm not a good person to ask as my job is being phased out. We had a great team that is not appreciated by the current executives.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
non-technical people making technology decisions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TransUnion. Our community is ready to answer.