TransUnion Employee Reviews in United States

Special Handling Investigation Representative (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 23, 2016
Loved my hours from 5:00 am to 1:30pm. Able to assist different queues. Learing how to operate different systems. Liked that I was able to work well with my supervisors. Having monthly team meetings about new enhancement to system and being recongnized on a job well done. Enjoyed working and being with everyone at the company.
Pros
Benefits and company BBQ
professional place to work
Compliance Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
lack of management involvement with their subordinates. Expectations were unclear which resulted in a stressful relationship.
Pros
good commute
Cons
no feedback or general guidance
TU excels at being mediocre
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2016
People who work at TU, particularly in Chicago, tend to stay at TU forever- 10, 20, even 30 years. Rather than creating a team of people who are great at their roles, this has bred a corporate culture of complacency and mediocrity. There is little urgency in the work that people do and few incentives to be great at it. People work their 40 hour weeks and go home, regardless of pressing issues, crushing backlogs, and client commitments.
Pros
work/life balance, good benefits, long term job stability
Cons
few opportunities for growth, lack of people management, complacent coworkers
Great place to work with amazing teammates and challenging work!
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
Great place to work with amazing teammates and challenging work!
A company that focuses on being an information company for good!
Pros
Gym, Work From Home
Cons
Legacy integration
Wonderful to work with and for
Market Research and Client Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 14, 2016
The international marketing team was intelligent and wonderful to work with. Extreme attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are a must-have to flourish and enjoy this job and the environment.
Happy Place to work
Marketing Analysis (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOApril 24, 2016
In TransUnion I learn Custumer Services, Public Relations, Logistics, And Financial activities.

My co-workers were so nicer and very intelligent.
The hardest thing was to learn how to speak in from of a lot of people because I was very shy.

Working for TransUnion was very interesting and productive
Pros
free lunches
Productive but casual workplace with highly professional employees.
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
A professional but casual environment. Management have always been helpful rather than simply demanding. Friendly relations with co-workers. Variety of technologies to work with.
Pros
Working remotely 2 days a week, flex hours, occasional gatherings
Great Location, good people
Business Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Good location, next to Union Station. Nice office environment. Good people. Management is mixed. Need to stay on top of technology and contribute.
Pros
Great location. Modern technology platform
Cons
Turnover a bit higher
customers were companies needing credit appeoval
Data Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2016
his was a never ending job, you always had something to do because we had millions of customers to service.
It was a very good job that gave you many experiences. The job was always offering new things to help make your job easier
review summary
Senior Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2016
well run institution with many opportunities for staff advancements, great deal of perks to utilize as well, caring coworkers
Healthcare Division in constant influx
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 18, 2016
Company is ever trying to play catchup to the competition. Their products are not cutting edge any longer and now lack stability. The lack of focus on quality products and a push for sales versus satisfaction within the management team has been narrow-minded and will most likely come back to haunt them in the near future. The expectations of employees is unrealistic and management tends to not stand employees when they know their products and vision are the issues. The company is very competitive with pay and the benefits are outstanding
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Lack of vision and long term strategy
ok
Major Account Executive (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2015
Culture could improve and it starts with senior management. a typical day consist of showing up between 7 and 9 and sitting at a desk for majority of the shift responding to emails and conducting meetings or conference calls. All of this work can keep you very busy because each account manager has hundreds of accounts with different issues rising each day
Ever-Changing Daily Responsibilities
Representative, Special Handling (Current Employee) –  Crum Lynne, PANovember 17, 2015
No two days are identical while working at Transunion. While your overall responsibilities will remain the same, the initial situation/issue as well as the path you take to find the solution will always be unique. This makes for an interesting work day.
Management Overrated
Op Support (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2015
If you are looking for room for advancement, this is not the company. Senior management would be better off with robots. It is a do as I say and not as I do environment. There is a high turnover from management down. This is not a fun environment to work in. The truly sad part is the pay is very good but not worth the back biting.
Pros
Very good pay, free parking
Cons
Management, close to uptown
TransUnion is a large privately held company, it is a fast paced environment. Multiplatform integrated systems ensure a complex environment.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day would include:
Planning, or Post Mortem(Lessons Learned) meetings as well as conference calls with rotating quarterbacking.
Data retrieval for reporting then Report distribution based on data needs.
Ticketing systems for upcoming code updates as well as current system problems requiring attention.
Interfacing other business units for upcoming work in the pipeline.
Analysis of systems and promote best practices for more efficient processing.
Enjoyed many of my co-workers
Hardest part of the job, Repeating oneself. Emails you work hard on that aren't read you have to state again and again.
Most enjoyable part, Learning as Steven Covey would put it "Sharpening the Saw".
Pros
Working with good people with a desire to overdeliver.
Cons
Politics, administrative demands.
TransUnion / TLO
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 4, 2015
Fundamentally, for a company to ultimately succeed, the work environment needs to encourage new ideas and input. Transunion / TLO's corporate culture discouraged individual thought and contributions.
Joined as an Intern
Research & Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2015
Its vwey warm welcome and excited about the company.
Very flexible with timings and good work environment in office.
Friendly Team and learniing more knowledge capabilities. Very diversifies in my team.
Active workplace with little feedback.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 30, 2015
Was working in the rental screening department taking inbound calls about 60 per day. Also taking Spanish calls and translating as needed.
Large Corporation
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2015
Like any large company it is hard to have to much freedom.

I did enjoy the people I worked with. That includes the back-end support people that help the sales team deliver great results.
TransUnion
Analyst, Global Technology Solutions (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 20, 2015
Personally I did not have the typical TransUnion analyst day at work on any day when I was employed. This is because I strived to go above and beyond as an analyst for TransUnion. A usual day would involve an analyst blindly following outdated knowledge articles to troubleshoot internal and external customers and then when realizing they can't solve the issue the customer or user would have their issue "escalated". My typical day involved utilizing the knowledge articles when I necessary, but I mostly applied the technical experience and knowledge I have gained throughout my professional career when taking care of any caller I received. My approach when troubleshooting is doing everything possible in my power and knowledge to resolve the issue and working in an environment such as TransUnion's I learned that this was possible through clear communication and guidance.
Working under a racist manager was not the easiest ordeal in my life, but I made due...
Most of my coworkers above the age of 25 were unmotivated individuals who really just did their job instead of trying to improve their job.
The hardest part of the job would be knowing you have the ability to do something, but discouraged to do it because of a protocol that is outdated and won't help a company last in this rapidly evolving technological world.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be being able to resolve situations that the analyst is "mentally not supposed to be able to." No matter if the customer had an issue that I didn't have the access necessary to resolve I would get them in contact with someone
  more... who would resolve it immediately for them. Too many times did I find myself the victim of life when an analyst for a bank or cable network couldn't solve my simple issue. It made my day sometimes to know I would get a positive review or someone would say "TransUnion needs more employees like you," "You make a difference," or "You're amazing how did you do that." The most enjoyable part of any job I will have is always being able to go above and beyond for the task and being successful in my efforts.
Sadly great benefits and decent pay is not enough to keep me at a position/environment where you are discouraged from contributing to the success of the business
Pros
"ability" to work from home
Cons
Biased head manager, favoritism among employees, scheduled lunches, PTO was always an ordeal