Transwest Employee Reviews

Good Pay, Questionable Management
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 26, 2017
TransWest offers standard benefits and good pay once you've worked there for over a year. I learned a lot about professionalism, sales, and team management. However, there were serious issues with management and turnover that resulted in poor morale. I think that if management had focused on recruiting experienced techs (and paying them more fairly) and training the younger techs better, we wouldn't have had such a serious turnover problem. A typical day was very fast-paced and at times stressful; but it could also slow to a crawl depending on demand. It was always rewarding to get a driver back on the road ahead of schedule or earning a new client and increasing revenue. But at the end of the day the most enjoyable part was all the hilarious conversations and moments I had with my co-workers.
Shop environment is great
Heavy Duty Truck Technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 12, 2017
Have really exceled in the mechanical profession from working with the transwest staff as well as gained experience working on various amd diversified welding jobs. I belive the opportunities i have gained at transwest have really helped me to expand my options.
Pros
Work with schedule well
Cons
Flate rate shop with management that doesnt understand
busy
Alterative Person In Charge (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 5, 2017
a stepping stone job. its a hurry up and wait kind of job. Environment is a decent place to work. Hardest part of the job is keeping my self busy at al times.
Do your homework before applying here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COAugust 13, 2017
Talk to other employees before accepting a position with this compan
there is no room for advancement. you have to be in tight with owner. Job was not challenging. Pay was good but they didnt like you making the others look bad that had been there awhile. Pacing yourself and lots of leisure time. Dont complain about anything you will get fired. Keep your head down if you want to work here. Managment has no say. They dont even know what their employees do. Working hard goes unnoticed.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Terrible company
Assembly paint (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSJuly 31, 2017
This company pays their employees not well. The insurance is outrageous for not good insurance. They go from working tons of overtime to none all the time. With these wages you have to have overtime to live. People keep leaving to go to other companies because they pay better and better benefits. There is a few women that worked their way up and you know how. They make good money and talk dirty with all the men. Even though they are married.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Pay management. No employee family day. Outrageoys benefit pricez
Great job, hard to get in
Document server (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 3, 2017
Great job, make your own hours. Its very hard to get into that industry and to stay in it. You have to be VETed and or know someone that already works there.
Unreasonable expectations and poor management
Law Enforcement & Specialty Vehicle Sales (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 20, 2017
False promises when hired, no leadership and or support in the position. Built product Law Enforcement product line from nothing then told I wasn't meeting an imaginary standard. When the project manager screwed up every build.
They should stick to tool trucks and stay out of every other market.

Highly recommend staying away from this company unless you want to fund the owners and GM.
Terrible place to work, worst culture in ownership and management possible
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMay 12, 2017
Interviewed for a job. They dangle a big carrot in front of you to get you hired but give you false information and vague expectations on the front side of the job. Later you find out those numbers can't be true. You ask questions and get vague replies or no answers at all. It is all spit and polish on the outside but terrible under the surface. Not a place I recommend anyone to work at or ownership to work for. They complain about turn over, gee I wonder why.
Cons
Over all not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I advanced and made great customer relations. I learned a lot about diesel trucks and engines. The overall work experience was great.
Pros
Great co workers. Very good team
Cons
Short breaks to many management changes
Fast passed
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CONovember 3, 2016
I started Transwest as a part time cashier and moved up quickly as a warranty administrator. I opened up in the mornings and had everything ready when the other employees came in. I worked mostly with GM warranty, also did payroll and many duties a office manager would do. The hardest part of the job was there is know training. You came into the job and had to make mistakes and learn from them. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and making sure they left with a smile on there face.
Good Company
Auto Tech/Installer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2016
Good long term company to work for. good benefits and hours. Team enviornment. Experience and training provided to those who want it.
Horrible Place to Work
Estimator/Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COJuly 6, 2016
This place is the worst place I have ever worked, no job is safe and there is no communication between departments, supervisors and managers will sacrifice any employee to save there own job. Horrible customer service, making money is there only concern.
must have very low morals to make any money here, poor benifits,
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COFebruary 29, 2016
very bad place to be a mechanic for, they expect fast shoddy work, horrid benefits 1 mechanic can bring home 200hrs per week and the rest starve
Good people, managed well and great location
Diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 11, 2015
I've been here for a month and I think it's great. Service manager is very intelligent and respectful. Fellow techs and service writers are all easy to get along with and fun to be around. Nice shop with plenty of tools to use.
Pros
Great pay and easy to get to
Cons
I'm paid flat rate so if work slows pay slows
If you go to work for them, you'll be sorry like I was!!!
Unlisted (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSNovember 1, 2015
I worked here for years because the starting pay was good and I thought I could work my way up. Not possible here. The management does not care about you as a person. I was hired to do one job and given many additional responsibilities without ever receiving a raise in pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
slow, no benefits, work hard but dont get payed good.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 13, 2015
trans west is a job were people actually tell them self's "why am i here
i worked security on the night shift and im a little thing, but what they do is put you in a dark dangerous place to secure and all you have is your flashlight and walkies, i was patrolling big areas were someone could just jump the fence and take advantage of me. i have seen others get to have someone with them at there location and they were guys, that's not fair.but yeah if you are looking for a job this one is boring and they don't care about if you are a girl.
Pros
more realistic uniforms (look more like cops than security)
Cons
lack of people helping.
Productive workplace with a postive atmosphere.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 13, 2015
Transwest has given me the opportunity to use my skills, also being able to help others on a daily basis. I am able to provide great customer service and learn new things. The management is very helpful and is always willing to help if it is needed. A typical day at work consists of giving fellow citizens directions to any building they need to find, making sure they are secure by escorting them to their vehicles and making sure they are protected. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to physically step in whenever there is an altercation or incident. I am always willing to help others in need anytime they need me. However in am only able to observe and report , and call in over the radio.
A fun place to work and I liked the responsibility that went with my job.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoSeptember 2, 2015
Transwest Sysems was a family owned business with approximately 15 employees. It was a fun and pleasant place to work. I felt my job was important and others depended on my efficiency and dependability.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes stressful.
horrible place to work
service manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2015
Horrible place to work.
You will get zero help from upper management.
The Director of Service will not let you do what is needed to succeed, but will blame you when you don't meet unrealistic and unachievable goals.
If you go to work for this company expect it to be a short term job.
If the company wants to achieve the numbers they expect, they should replace the Director of Service with one that knows how to do the job.
They continously replace managers, maybe it's time for George to look at the real issue.
Pros
pay
Cons
managers are short term employees.
Coworkers very helpful and welcoming, staff is helpful and resourfeful.
Medium Duty Truck/ RV Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COJuly 26, 2015
During my stay with Transwest, I have learned how to use the information I gained during my studies from school to apply in real world problems. How to follow warranty rules and procedures. During my time from my start date there have been two managers that have been replaced. The management is lacking in structure and dependency. My coworkers are always helpful and patient. At Transwest there is a real environment of teamwork with the technicians. The hardest part of the job is being able to gain the knowledge for tasks without having years of experience and performing them on SRT time requirements.
Pros
Recompensation for ASE certifications. Benefits packages.
Cons
Managements unrealistic time limits for job experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8