Transwest Employee Reviews

SLAVE FOR THEM, MAKE THOSE NUMBER, NOW GET OUT OF MY FACE
Administration (Former Employee), corporateMay 24, 2015
Pros: Nothing- ANYWHERE is better then here!
Cons: ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING
Transwest is a Mickey Mouse corporation with pathetic management.This company doubled in revenue during my time employed with no expansion of the department. YET, numbers were required to be met along with no over time. However, like many aspects of the company there were favored people allowed to do as they pleased without over time limitations, any that applied to others. Favoritism runs this company, no family or spouses are considered for employment unless of course it's THEIR family and friends, otherwise you are told it's against company policy. Your day and happiness depends on the mood of the owners wife, everyone is scared of her and bows down. She also gossips about employees of her personal opinions to other employees. If SHE isn't happy with you, your gone, yet shows no one any appreciation or respect for their dedication to the company. There are no rewards, recognitions, polices in place or annual reviews. You are not given raises, you beg for them. Your not given reviews, you beg for those. Theirs also no programs available to employees to assist in their professional growth with the company, and if you ask you'll never receive a response. Suggestions to policies or issues with processes are Never addressed and followed up. Management operates under 'scare tactics' to get the jobs done, policies are not made, enforced or a source for management consistencies. Childish environment. Don't expect anything from them if you decide to apply because you are nothing to them and never will be.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Frederick, COJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: good businesses to work for
Cons: slow on work
finish wood products, machine all pieces for jobs, and take to bench and put together from blueprints, maintenance for building and bosses apartment , remodel all apartment kitchens and bathrooms to new, help other coworkers with their jobs and to make sure things get out on time.
Childish and can not keep a maintenance manager or employees
Shop diesel mechanic (Former Employee), denver coJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pays good
Cons: everything else
I worked there for 3 months and had 3 maintenance managers and at least 6 people quit. Normal day at work I go and I leave !
Co workers over all are good people no one else wants to work there either so they are not happy making everyone else unhappy. hardest part the top says it all. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my friend and leaving to go home. All in all I did not enjoy working here.
get to be outdoors
Lot Ambassador (Current Employee), everett waJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: 10 hour days, overtie
Cons: no room for advancement
i need a job where i can be more productive. there is no room for advancement.
A warehouse / driving position
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee), Commerce City, CONovember 19, 2014
Pros: i liked my, supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
Cons: i worked alot of hours, pay was average
A typical day at work for me involved pulling team stock orders , working on inventory shelves ( prior to inventory ) checking the customer orders on my shelf , and comparing them with the invoices(checking quantities, part numbers , payment methods and addresses ) I would load my truck , strap/ tie down my load , then go to pick up parts at other branches . Once I was fully loaded , I would set up my delivery route , refuel , and hit the highway . I really liked my customers , and knew all of them by name . I would unload the parts , and have the customers sign the invoices , sometimes requiring collecting cash/ a check for C.O.D.s . My route was the south run , which included Denver , Englewood ,Littleton , Sedalia , Castle Rock , Centennial , Aurora and Parker .
On my return trip to the shop , I would call dispatch and ask if he had any pickups , on the way back . I would return to the shop ,unload any pick ups / cores / or returns , reload my truck , and make another delivery / pick up run. I was required to do warehouse clean-up , put parts away , and pre-inventory work when I returned at night.
My first year and a half with the company , I worked at the Trailer Store ,pulling orders , shipping / receiving / and loading parts , and general warehouse clean-up . I am forklift certified .
Stay away!!
Wood Worker (Former Employee), Commerce CityOctober 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everything
I worked in this wood shop and it is a joke!
Management is horrible they micro manage everything and treat the employees like garbage. The wood shop manager would literately give me drawings on napkins to build and then write you up if it took to long to build. The last straw was the managers brought me in the break room and locked the door thinking they were going to intimidate me. I told them I quit and then they wanted to fill out a questionare on why I quit. And the pay is a joke! $12 an hour and no raises. They kept blaming the economy for the lack of raises.
Do not apply unless you want to be lied to.
OPE (Former Employee), FountainMay 19, 2014
Pros: good co-workers at the store level.
Cons: pay, benefits, work/life balance, micromanagment beyond belief.
When I was hired, I was told I had a Salary plus commission job, in fact that is how they advertise it. Do not be fooled, this is a 100% commission job. You will work endless hours attempting to obtain there ridiculous goal of sales. Claims of endless leads were a mirage. I worked endlessly prospecting showing 30% growth in new business month after month and received no commission. In fact when I questioned it due to them advertising base plus commission, they explained to me that I owe them money because it is actually 100% commission structure. The Parts Managers have no actual power and management above them cares very little for there employees unless you are hitting the goal. Getting activity on account maintenance takes weeks, follow through on pricing takes a minimum of 3-5 days because one man requires everything goes through him. If your customers need something immediately, your screwed. I have seen price requests go months without being approved. I was promised customer leads galore. There was nothing but old lists from "customers" that had done little to no business with Transwest, and the ones that did had nothing good to say. I was questioned about stops made due to GPS. Assumptions were made because they couldn't electronically track your stuff. I guess 30% growth isn't a good way to track a sales person. If I were you, I would not get involved in this mess.
Run from this place dont walk
employee (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 9, 2014
Pros: paycheck....and that's it.
Cons: management is horrible, pay is worse
This multifaceted "company" is poorly ran. The owner rarely coverses with employees, thus perpetuating an indentured servitude atmosphere. The other managers use an opposite approach and micromanage to ridiculous lengths. As an employee you are told if you dont like any aspect of your job "there are 20 other people waiting for your job". In this company you are definitely a number and not a human being. Should you choose to sign on despite this glowing review expect mulitple undelivered promises, unwanted/unexpected schedule changes that will not be in your favor. Prepare to be overworked and underpaid. There is a reason this company has a massive turnover rate.
no benefits.room for advancement
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Sacramento californiaMarch 23, 2014
Pros: set salary
Cons: no benfits.
i have been working for an owner operator since July 2013 and i been promoted lead driver after 2 months. The OWNER/CEO never keeps promises and leads me on as far as finding me better routes and consistent home-time. i wanted to switch jobs once and when employers would call him he would tell them the person who verify s employment is out of the country..
POOR COMPANY TO WORK FOR TREAT YOU LIKE JUST ANOTHER #
TECH (Former Employee), COLORADOJuly 2, 2013
Pros: fellow techs helpful
Cons: micro managed, everthing is a two year contract or pay back everything
YOU COME TO MAKE MONEY AND THEY FIND WAYS TO CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR HOURS. THAEY MICRO MANAGE YOU AT THIS DEALER ALWAYS LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND RUSHING YOU TO FIX THE TRUCKS WITHOUT THE RIGHT PARTS AND TOOLS POOR MANGEMENT ON SERVICE SIDE
Ran like there first time opening a dealership
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Fountain, COMay 8, 2013
Pros: lower level employees worked well together
Cons: healthcare benefits, upper management
This is from another employee. I agree with the previous post. If you like to work for a company that has no communication and is micromanaged from the top, then this is the right place to work. The only good thing about this company is your co-workers, almost all of them are good to work with and help out when possible. It seems to me, management runs every shop like it is their first shop (Fountain). One shop, Denver, carries all the parts and for some reason won’t let other shops, Fountain, carry the same parts which takes business away. No tools until you need them; unless it is for certain engines that you hardly see anymore then they don’t get the tools at all CAT. Even if the engines will be out on the road for the next 10 to 15 years. The health benefits cost the employee too much and you can get insurance elsewhere cheaper. I have a suspicion that the difference in cost is to pay for upper managements benefits. If you need a letter of credible coverage, you have to ask HR not the insurance company. Does that sound right? It didn’t to me!
No communication, organization or respect for employees
prefer not to say at time (Current Employee), FrederickApril 18, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, organization, communication, cost of health benefits
If you like to work for a company that has no communication and is micromanaged from the top, then this is the right place to work. The only good thing about this company is the co-workers, Almost all of them are good to work with and help out when possible.

The hardest aspect of working for Transwest (especially in Frederick) is the lack of organization & communication. Things are done by the seat of their pants. There is no communication, if you do something wrong, there is no talking to the employee, you just get written up. Health benefits are high and deductibles are really high...almost not worth having.

May 8, 2013

Meeting new people with ever site worked.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: paid on duty meal periods
Cons: working grave shift
A tyical day at work would be ariving on duty and relieving my co worker. My co worker would pass down any new information pertaining to our site. I would do a radio check with the radio to make sure it was in working order. The hardest part of my job would be the drive home. I enjoyed working with other people.
Fun place to work with different challeges.
Shop Foreman (Former Employee), Grand Junction,ColoradoMarch 3, 2012
I really like working here you get to meet lots of different people.You also get the advantage to help people solve their problem.