Transwest Employee Reviews in United States

must have very low morals to make any money here, poor benifits,
RV Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COFebruary 29, 2016
very bad place to be a mechanic for, they expect fast shoddy work, horrid benefits 1 mechanic can bring home 200hrs per week and the rest starve
Good people, managed well and great location
Diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 11, 2015
I've been here for a month and I think it's great. Service manager is very intelligent and respectful. Fellow techs and service writers are all easy to get along with and fun to be around. Nice shop with plenty of tools to use.
Pros
Great pay and easy to get to
Cons
I'm paid flat rate so if work slows pay slows
If you go to work for them, you'll be sorry like I was!!!
Unlisted (Former Employee) –  Wathena, KSNovember 1, 2015
I worked here for years because the starting pay was good and I thought I could work my way up. Not possible here. The management does not care about you as a person. I was hired to do one job and given many additional responsibilities without ever receiving a raise in pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
slow, no benefits, work hard but dont get payed good.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 13, 2015
trans west is a job were people actually tell them self's "why am i here
i worked security on the night shift and im a little thing, but what they do is put you in a dark dangerous place to secure and all you have is your flashlight and walkies, i was patrolling big areas were someone could just jump the fence and take advantage of me. i have seen others get to have someone with them at there location and they were guys, that's not fair.but yeah if you are looking for a job this one is boring and they don't care about if you are a girl.
Pros
more realistic uniforms (look more like cops than security)
Cons
lack of people helping.
Productive workplace with a postive atmosphere.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 13, 2015
Transwest has given me the opportunity to use my skills, also being able to help others on a daily basis. I am able to provide great customer service and learn new things. The management is very helpful and is always willing to help if it is needed. A typical day at work consists of giving fellow citizens directions to any building they need to find, making sure they are secure by escorting them to their vehicles and making sure they are protected. The hardest part of my job would be not being able to physically step in whenever there is an altercation or incident. I am always willing to help others in need anytime they need me. However in am only able to observe and report , and call in over the radio.
A fun place to work and I liked the responsibility that went with my job.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoSeptember 2, 2015
Transwest Sysems was a family owned business with approximately 15 employees. It was a fun and pleasant place to work. I felt my job was important and others depended on my efficiency and dependability.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes stressful.
ask a lot of questions to curent and previous employees before you go there
Truck Dealership Service manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 21, 2015
I was the new guy on the block.. My supervisor spent one day with me to train me with policy and procedure.. we didn't cover a whole lot during that time.. the next morning Im waiting for him .. I get a text that he had to go back to Denver.. Basically a sink or swim kind of deal. Our shop had not made a profit for a very long time before I started with them .. Despite many set backs.. I managed our shop for the first time in forever to actually make a profit..
I actually managed the following few months to be better than forecasted by the budget that we all worked off of..which is exactly what a manager is suppose to do.. and I did it with no help ..no training what so ever on company policy..procedures.. or guidance as to how they may like to have things done...

We couldn't find a home to rent.. Normally a company would offer relocation assistance.. they didn't..not fun with it gets below 0 at times.

I was warned by others that worked in our location that it was a joke In the grand junction area amongst customers.. how many managers had actually been in my job.. and how short term it is.. and how long was this guy going to last.. I actually got to hear it from a few customers myself..

Sure enough .. even though I made it happen.. made this place profit.. even got a bonus my first month.. the service director shows up unannounced with my final pay check.. three days into my fourth month and says
" things just aren't going the way we want them to "

Wouldn't you think that if something wasn't going the way we wanted them to be going .. that your supervisor
  more... might just bring it to attention and get you pointed in the direction that they wanted ? actually.. considering all the problems that were dished out in the first month.. things were pretty good.. we made money.. what more do you want ? right ?

I just smiled... Be fair warned before you get lured into selling your home and relocating your family to work for these folks..Fortunately I didn't sell my home. and move every thing I own..

My advice.. Do not drop every thing to work for this place with out a contract that protects your job.. one that requires good cause for termination ...and relocation expenses paid to cover you both coming and going...look at precious reviews .. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to bring to light..""" Proceed with caution and expect short term""""
Pros
the pay
Cons
no support or training
horrible place to work
service manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2015
Horrible place to work.
You will get zero help from upper management.
The Director of Service will not let you do what is needed to succeed, but will blame you when you don't meet unrealistic and unachievable goals.
If you go to work for this company expect it to be a short term job.
If the company wants to achieve the numbers they expect, they should replace the Director of Service with one that knows how to do the job.
They continously replace managers, maybe it's time for George to look at the real issue.
Pros
pay
Cons
managers are short term employees.
Coworkers very helpful and welcoming, staff is helpful and resourfeful.
Medium Duty Truck/ RV Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COJuly 26, 2015
During my stay with Transwest, I have learned how to use the information I gained during my studies from school to apply in real world problems. How to follow warranty rules and procedures. During my time from my start date there have been two managers that have been replaced. The management is lacking in structure and dependency. My coworkers are always helpful and patient. At Transwest there is a real environment of teamwork with the technicians. The hardest part of the job is being able to gain the knowledge for tasks without having years of experience and performing them on SRT time requirements.
Pros
Recompensation for ASE certifications. Benefits packages.
Cons
Managements unrealistic time limits for job experience.
Slave for them, make those number, now get out of my face
Administration (Former Employee) –  corporateMay 24, 2015
Transwest is a Mickey Mouse corporation with pathetic management.This company doubled in revenue during my time employed with no expansion of the department. YET, numbers were required to be met along with no over time. However, like many aspects of the company there were favored people allowed to do as they pleased without over time limitations, any that applied to others. Favoritism runs this company, no family or spouses are considered for employment unless of course it's THEIR family and friends, otherwise you are told it's against company policy. Your day and happiness depends on the mood of the owners wife, everyone is scared of her and bows down. She also gossips about employees of her personal opinions to other employees. If SHE isn't happy with you, your gone, yet shows no one any appreciation or respect for their dedication to the company. There are no rewards, recognitions, polices in place or annual reviews. You are not given raises, you beg for them. Your not given reviews, you beg for those. Theirs also no programs available to employees to assist in their professional growth with the company, and if you ask you'll never receive a response. Suggestions to policies or issues with processes are Never addressed and followed up. Management operates under 'scare tactics' to get the jobs done, policies are not made, enforced or a source for management consistencies. Childish environment. Don't expect anything from them if you decide to apply because you are nothing to them and never will be.
Pros
Nothing- ANYWHERE is better then here!
Cons
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COJanuary 30, 2015
finish wood products, machine all pieces for jobs, and take to bench and put together from blueprints, maintenance for building and bosses apartment , remodel all apartment kitchens and bathrooms to new, help other coworkers with their jobs and to make sure things get out on time.
Pros
good businesses to work for
Cons
slow on work
Childish and can not keep a maintenance manager or employees
Shop diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  denver coJanuary 28, 2015
I worked there for 3 months and had 3 maintenance managers and at least 6 people quit. Normal day at work I go and I leave !
Co workers over all are good people no one else wants to work there either so they are not happy making everyone else unhappy. hardest part the top says it all. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my friend and leaving to go home. All in all I did not enjoy working here.
Pros
pays good
Cons
everything else
get to be outdoors
Lot Ambassador (Current Employee) –  everett waJanuary 11, 2015
i need a job where i can be more productive. there is no room for advancement.
Pros
10 hour days, overtie
Cons
no room for advancement
A warehouse / driving position
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 19, 2014
A typical day at work for me involved pulling team stock orders , working on inventory shelves ( prior to inventory ) checking the customer orders on my shelf , and comparing them with the invoices(checking quantities, part numbers , payment methods and addresses ) I would load my truck , strap/ tie down my load , then go to pick up parts at other branches . Once I was fully loaded , I would set up my delivery route , refuel , and hit the highway . I really liked my customers , and knew all of them by name . I would unload the parts , and have the customers sign the invoices , sometimes requiring collecting cash/ a check for C.O.D.s . My route was the south run , which included Denver , Englewood ,Littleton , Sedalia , Castle Rock , Centennial , Aurora and Parker .
On my return trip to the shop , I would call dispatch and ask if he had any pickups , on the way back . I would return to the shop ,unload any pick ups / cores / or returns , reload my truck , and make another delivery / pick up run. I was required to do warehouse clean-up , put parts away , and pre-inventory work when I returned at night.
My first year and a half with the company , I worked at the Trailer Store ,pulling orders , shipping / receiving / and loading parts , and general warehouse clean-up . I am forklift certified .
Pros
i liked my, supervisors, coworkers, and customers.
Cons
i worked alot of hours, pay was average
Stay away!!
Wood Worker (Former Employee) –  Commerce CityOctober 4, 2014
I worked in this wood shop and it is a joke!
Management is horrible they micro manage everything and treat the employees like garbage. The wood shop manager would literately give me drawings on napkins to build and then write you up if it took to long to build. The last straw was the managers brought me in the break room and locked the door thinking they were going to intimidate me. I told them I quit and then they wanted to fill out a questionare on why I quit. And the pay is a joke! $12 an hour and no raises. They kept blaming the economy for the lack of raises.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything
Do not apply unless you want to be lied to.
OPE (Former Employee) –  FountainMay 19, 2014
When I was hired, I was told I had a Salary plus commission job, in fact that is how they advertise it. Do not be fooled, this is a 100% commission job. You will work endless hours attempting to obtain there ridiculous goal of sales. Claims of endless leads were a mirage. I worked endlessly prospecting showing 30% growth in new business month after month and received no commission. In fact when I questioned it due to them advertising base plus commission, they explained to me that I owe them money because it is actually 100% commission structure. The Parts Managers have no actual power and management above them cares very little for there employees unless you are hitting the goal. Getting activity on account maintenance takes weeks, follow through on pricing takes a minimum of 3-5 days because one man requires everything goes through him. If your customers need something immediately, your screwed. I have seen price requests go months without being approved. I was promised customer leads galore. There was nothing but old lists from "customers" that had done little to no business with Transwest, and the ones that did had nothing good to say. I was questioned about stops made due to GPS. Assumptions were made because they couldn't electronically track your stuff. I guess 30% growth isn't a good way to track a sales person. If I were you, I would not get involved in this mess.
Pros
good co-workers at the store level.
Cons
pay, benefits, work/life balance, micromanagment beyond belief.
Run from this place dont walk
employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2014
This multifaceted "company" is poorly ran. The owner rarely coverses with employees, thus perpetuating an indentured servitude atmosphere. The other managers use an opposite approach and micromanage to ridiculous lengths. As an employee you are told if you dont like any aspect of your job "there are 20 other people waiting for your job". In this company you are definitely a number and not a human being. Should you choose to sign on despite this glowing review expect mulitple undelivered promises, unwanted/unexpected schedule changes that will not be in your favor. Prepare to be overworked and underpaid. There is a reason this company has a massive turnover rate.
Pros
paycheck....and that's it.
Cons
management is horrible, pay is worse
no benefits.room for advancement
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento californiaMarch 23, 2014
i have been working for an owner operator since July 2013 and i been promoted lead driver after 2 months. The OWNER/CEO never keeps promises and leads me on as far as finding me better routes and consistent home-time. i wanted to switch jobs once and when employers would call him he would tell them the person who verify s employment is out of the country..
Pros
set salary
Cons
no benfits.
Poor company to work for treat you like just another #
TECH (Former Employee) –  COLORADOJuly 2, 2013
You come to make money and they find ways to cheat you out of your hours. Thaey micro manage you at this dealer always looking over your shoulder and rushing you to fix the trucks without the right parts and tools poor mangement on service side
Pros
fellow techs helpful
Cons
micro managed, everthing is a two year contract or pay back everything
Ran like there first time opening a dealership
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COMay 8, 2013
This is from another employee. I agree with the previous post. If you like to work for a company that has no communication and is micromanaged from the top, then this is the right place to work. The only good thing about this company is your co-workers, almost all of them are good to work with and help out when possible. It seems to me, management runs every shop like it is their first shop (Fountain). One shop, Denver, carries all the parts and for some reason won’t let other shops, Fountain, carry the same parts which takes business away. No tools until you need them; unless it is for certain engines that you hardly see anymore then they don’t get the tools at all CAT. Even if the engines will be out on the road for the next 10 to 15 years. The health benefits cost the employee too much and you can get insurance elsewhere cheaper. I have a suspicion that the difference in cost is to pay for upper managements benefits. If you need a letter of credible coverage, you have to ask HR not the insurance company. Does that sound right? It didn’t to me!
Pros
lower level employees worked well together
Cons
healthcare benefits, upper management

2.7