Transwestern Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 11, 2015
Company gives you the tools needed to be successful in the commercial brokerage business. Great leadership and diversity that allows all employees not just brokerage professionals to be successful and grow within the company.
Horrible Management
Administrative (Former Employee), Midwest RegionJuly 1, 2015
Pros: It's a Job, learned alot, love my tenants
Cons: Everything
Lack of training
Lack of communication
Lack of Direction
No advancement opportunities
Poor raises

Better Management would make the job more enjoyable.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
very busy in property management office with coordination of vendors an tenant needs. But also rewarding when you can assist everyone with what they need or compromise. Every day was a little different and of course just keeping your regular duties covered as well.
Great
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 29, 2015
Even though this was a brokerage house and people were competing against each other it was a great work environment. You knew the people were smart and driven and it motivated you daily to work hard.
Great place for millennials interested in commercial real estate
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Hardest part of the job was balancing the needs of two very different bosses.
They are trying a more analytical approach to CRE and I think it's a good place for millennials who want to get into the CRE field to go and learn the ropes.
Interesting and constantly changing work.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2015
There is not a typical day at my current position. I am handling the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, vendor contracts and relations, tenant relations and day to day activity. I am currently working on 2 office properties, 3 Industrial properties and 1 ground lease. I have learned a lot but it is difficult not to have much direction. I really enjoy all I do and all I have and continue to learn.
Ever changing environment with a multitude of tasks
Facilities Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Pros: client, hours, location
Cons: growth, management
Each day began with opening the phones at the reception desk which was my primary station. Greeting the clients, tending to the guests and registering visitors. This was procedure was interwoven into any and all tasks. As for the facilities portion, ensuring vendors meet insurance requirements, tracking tenant parking and payments, completing quarterly signage updates, monthly angus updates, weekly floor plan updates, conference room set ups, service request and completion orders and any other task that may arise in the course of a day. Organization was KEY!!!! What I learned was facilities management, It was my first time in the field.

I only worked with a direct staff of 3 including my manager. My manager was not much of a people person so that was quite the obstacle but we prevailed and the client was happy. As for my two coworkers our working relationship was amazing. We supported one another and communicated daily with little to no discrepancies.

The hardest part of the job was the realization that advancement would never truly occur since our roles were specifically designed and the staff not interchangeable between clients.The most enjoyed part were the client themselves. Working for Wrigley came with many perks, yes the gum and candy, and the people were great. I miss them often!
working with multiple leasing agents
Leasing Administrator (Former Employee), houstonJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: commute
Great place to work with lots of opportunity to move up. However, the commute was difficult for me and even harder on my family.
Good Culture
Administration (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Good culture and work/life balance. Advancement is tough.
Property Administrator overview
Property Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: free garage parking at the building
Cons: minimal breaks, inconsistent workflow.
A typical day at work includes answering phones, scheduling, filing, tenant correspondence, etc. Management and co-workers are all friendly. Hardest part of the job is that some days are completely overwhelming, and some days there's just nothing to do. Most enjoyable part is working with good people.
Under-staffed, mis-managed, poor communication
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), 1999 Broadway Denver, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: use of company tools for personal projects
Cons: low salary, below average benefits
Liked the facility, Didn't like the management or lack there of.
Fun workplace if you were part of the team.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: transwestern is very active in giving to the community.
Cons: transwestern wasn't a very structured environment.
Assisted the Managing Director and a couple of the brokers with marketing their commercial properties. I maintained 37% of the total sale/lease listings for the office or approximately 800,000 square feet and 86± acres. While there, I taught myself how to create and market flyers and e-blasts using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. I got to know a lot of the clients by telephone. My supervisor was extremely knowledgeable in real estate and his compassion for his family was amazing.

The hardest part of my job was initially teaching myself how to use InDesigne and Illustrator.

The most enjoyable part of my job were getting to be good friends with a few of the people there.
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the tenants with their daily complaints or concerns with accounting/building maintance issues.
Company with a great community feel.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2013
Has been a great company to work for. Feels like a family there and they truly value the individual.
enjoyable place to work
Operating engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2013
My typical day at work is my load activity is very full.
What I learned is I keep learning new stuff every day in this field.
Management is great to work for.
My co-workers are great to work with.
The hardest part of the job is covering multiple properties.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits.
Must be self motivated
Sales and Leasing Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2013
at transwestern you are left on an island. When I started i was handed a phone book and telephone and was told good luck.
For those who work as individuals
Sales and Leasing Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2013
Transwestern was a great place to work, however lacked leadership and over continuity in the work place.
Good company. Good benefits. Bad regional management.
Building Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: learning how to work on new things almost daily. keeps the brain healthy.
Cons: bad work environment. very low moral among the employees.
A typical day- too much work, not enough help or supplies.
What I've learned- The meaning of micromanagement.
Management- Quick to point out your faults and never recognizing your accomplishments for a job well done. Management sets you up to fail instead of working with you to get the job done quick and in a timely manner.
Co-workers- Primarily good people to work with, when they stick around. There is a high turnover rate because of management.
Hardest part of the job- having to prove that you've been working hard all day, when management questions your work ethic. Even though the "work order system" shows that you've been working and tenants aren't complaining.
Most enjoyable part of the job- my good working relationship with the tenants and going home for the day!
Fantastic CRE Services Firm
Director of Market Research/Leasing Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: excellent coworkers; great place to learn the cre industry
Cons: difficult to advance; low pay
Transwestern was a fantastic place to work, and learn about the commercial real estate industry. Difficult to advance within the organization.
Professional workplace among success driven individuals
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches, opportunities to advance
Cons: demanding atmosphere
I worked at Transwestern during a transitional period of my life. Although I was not there a long time (aka years) I enjoyed very much the strong, professional people among whom I worked with. It was a fast paced, deadline heavy environment that demanded a consistent dedication to the "big picture" of what was being accomplished by the company. Management was eager to teach, co-workers were friendly and benefits outweighed disappointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was in making connections with other professionals.