Transwestern

Transwestern Employer Reviews

Under-staffed, mis-managed, poor communication
Operating Engineer (Current Employee), 1999 Broadway Denver, COMarch 25, 2014
Pros: use of company tools for personal projects
Cons: low salary, below average benefits
Liked the facility, Didn't like the management or lack there of.
Fun workplace if you were part of the team.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: transwestern is very active in giving to the community.
Cons: transwestern wasn't a very structured environment.
Assisted the Managing Director and a couple of the brokers with marketing their commercial properties. I maintained 37% of the total sale/lease listings for the office or approximately 800,000 square feet and 86± acres. While there, I taught myself how to create and market flyers and e-blasts using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. I got to – more... know a lot of the clients by telephone. My supervisor was extremely knowledgeable in real estate and his compassion for his family was amazing.

The hardest part of my job was initially teaching myself how to use InDesigne and Illustrator.

The most enjoyable part of my job were getting to be good friends with a few of the people there. – less
Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the tenants with their daily complaints or concerns with accounting/building maintance issues.
Company with a great community feel.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2013
Has been a great company to work for. Feels like a family there and they truly value the individual.
enjoyable place to work
Operating engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2013
My typical day at work is my load activity is very full.
What I learned is I keep learning new stuff every day in this field.
Management is great to work for.
My co-workers are great to work with.
The hardest part of the job is covering multiple properties.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits.
Must be self motivated
Sales and Leasing Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 15, 2013
at transwestern you are left on an island. When I started i was handed a phone book and telephone and was told good luck.
For those who work as individuals
Sales and Leasing Associate (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2013
Transwestern was a great place to work, however lacked leadership and over continuity in the work place.
Good company. Good benefits. Bad regional management.
Building Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2012
Pros: learning how to work on new things almost daily. keeps the brain healthy.
Cons: bad work environment. very low moral among the employees.
A typical day- too much work, not enough help or supplies.
What I've learned- The meaning of micromanagement.
Management- Quick to point out your faults and never recognizing your accomplishments for a job well done. Management sets you up to fail instead of working with you to get the job done quick and in a timely manner.
Co-workers- Primarily good – more... people to work with, when they stick around. There is a high turnover rate because of management.
Hardest part of the job- having to prove that you've been working hard all day, when management questions your work ethic. Even though the "work order system" shows that you've been working and tenants aren't complaining.
Most enjoyable part of the job- my good working relationship with the tenants and going home for the day! – less
Fantastic CRE Services Firm
Director of Market Research/Leasing Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: excellent coworkers; great place to learn the cre industry
Cons: difficult to advance; low pay
Transwestern was a fantastic place to work, and learn about the commercial real estate industry. Difficult to advance within the organization.
Professional workplace among success driven individuals
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free lunches, opportunities to advance
Cons: demanding atmosphere
I worked at Transwestern during a transitional period of my life. Although I was not there a long time (aka years) I enjoyed very much the strong, professional people among whom I worked with. It was a fast paced, deadline heavy environment that demanded a consistent dedication to the "big picture" of what was being accomplished by the company. Management – more... was eager to teach, co-workers were friendly and benefits outweighed disappointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was in making connections with other professionals. – less
Great company and great people
Senior Property Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2012
Great place to work. Hard work and competence are rewarded and you find yourself working with equals who know their job and are fun to work with. Days can be long but work/life balance is emphasized and important.
a good job
building engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 1, 2012
Pros: liked my co workers
Cons: managment
work orders chillers managment thought we where over staffed i liked my co workers nothing hard about the job
Structured environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2012
A typical day for me is managing the switchboard. I learned a little about what goes on behind the sceens at a Commercial Real Estate firm. I also learned that I am not well suited to be a Commercial broker.
Great enviroment, friendly co-workers
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 18, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with clients and employees from all our lines of business.

About Transwestern

Transwestern provides a transcendent array of commercial real estate services, transcontinentally. The company manages a portfolio – Read more