Transwestern Employee Reviews

Awesome Company with great Mangers
Chief Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 16, 2017
A place where you can grow and received education to further your career. They give you opportunity to show your people skills as well as your mechanical skills daily in a challenging atmosphere.
Management is shifting
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
I've loved working for this company, but they recently made changes to the asset management team, and I no longer feel the support I once had. They offer great benefits.
I got rise every year
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CASeptember 27, 2017
When I was working for transwestern I was very independent doing all facilities and work orders from every tenants, attending vendors for some work to do.
Cons
short breaks
A great work experience working for TW!
Director, Building Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Great management, support and executives. Wish I still worked for them, unfortunately all good things must end. Would jump at the opportunity to go back to work for them.
Administrative Assistant
Receptionist/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
This job is meant for 2 people not 1, was very overwhelming and had little help from my coworkers when I asked I always got an excuse as to why they can't. Plus I was having to go in on w/ends just to try to catch up! I'm sorry while the people we're great to work with the workload was just to much for me.
Pros
VP bought us lunch on occasion.
Cons
It's only a 3 person office.
Professional and Friendly Work Environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 27, 2017
A typical work day would start with a cup of coffee while planning the daily tasks. The management was very friendly and helpful. The workplace culture was very professional but friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with fellow co-workers.
Pros
local, helpful boss, pleasant co-workers
Cons
traffic
Global, full service real estate firm with an entrepreneurial foundation
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 24, 2017
Transwestern once was overlooked as a true competitor in service delivery by the largest institutional real estate clients. When the debt free company emerged from the Great Recession while retaining all of its team members, it made a conscious and timely decision to aggressively expand its account holdings, brand recognition, and positive reputation throughout the leasing, investment sales, development, property management, and research sectors.

Transwestern is a great company that expects a lot from its employees while giving a lot back to them. Senior leadership is available and approachable. Teamwork drives every project. Depth of experience and professionalism mean that someone within the organization can assist with any issue.

I enjoyed my time at Transwestern very much and recommend it to anyone considering joining the team.
Flexible yet structured
Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2017
Review tenant ledgers, accruals, monthly reports, tenant reconciliations/coordination/resolution, approval of bill coding, vendor correspondence, Tenant Improvements and Building Improvement coordination and bidding process. There are many items that I handle and I believe that I am a team player, yet know how to delegate and ensure projects are completed timely.
Seattle Division
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 17, 2017
I worked for Transwestern for a very short time, they have people in leadership roles who are terrible at their jobs. The overall workload would have been tolerable had it not been for how badly the employees were managed.
Pros
Most weekends off
Cons
Rampant abuse of power by people who were inept at leadership in upper management personell
productive, constantly learning something new.
maintenance porter (Current Employee) –  1800 west loop southMay 9, 2017
always on my feet working with my hands on machines that catch my attention and that I dont mind working on. constantly talking to tenets and making good communication and relationship with everyone.
Pros
lunch and learn, free drinks, 10% discount at cafetiere
Good place to start working if your an entry level engineer or maintenance tech.
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 2, 2017
Good place for younger folks to learn and grow, not so much for mid Career development. Turn over rate seems high for individuals in the early leadership roles. Pay and benefits are average at best. And pay role structure is sub-par. There are good possibilities of meetings very interesting people and the company almost always seem to be hiring.
Pros
Good entry-level positions
Cons
Benefits/management
Excellent Company
Internship, Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA 22102March 26, 2017
A friendly company with a cohesive work experience. Very helpful in providing hands on experience and assistance for new employees. Great management team dedicated to teaching and providing A class service.
Decent Company
Property Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Nice workplace culture and Entrepreneurial Spirit. Their is no such thing as a typical workday. Property Management and CRE is always an ever evolving day.
na
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
I have nothing to say about the company Transwestern Commercial. Just didn't match the culture and wasn't fond of my supervisor. Working from home gave me very little idea of the company culture.
Unprofessional/hostile atmosphere
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2016
Management is unprofessional and unpredictable. You will not move up unless you are "special" your ideas are ignored and you are just given busy work.
Cons
Micro-managing, unprofessionalism, discrimination
Entrpreneurial and decentralized management
Associate Broker/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Transwestern allows people to succeed and gives them the freedom to do so with little oversight. The work environment in office is great and they are great about working with employees who may need to move within the organization and can still remain at Transwestern happily.
good place tp work
Operations engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Transwestern is a good and well balanced company to work for. The company allows you to address family time during work hours if need be. They also have a nice training program as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
There is no typical day in property management, work with a great team at my property and wonderful co-workers, upper management is amazing and very approachable, hardest part of the job is the unknown when your property sales, the most enjoyable part is getting to move around and work with others in the company and meet new tenants
Overall transwestern was a great place of employment until complete change in management
Chief Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2016
My day at 255 alhambra was incredible. My tenants were all a pleasure to be with. I learned to prioritize work orders and handle any and all issues regarding the property including but not limited to HVAC chiller controls. Plumbing, electrical, lighting. I assisted and facilitated Leeds Certification for 255 Alhambra and I saved approximately $100,000 in utilities alone for property.
The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the tenant and ensuring tenant satisfaction. Prior Management was incredible to work for which I worked for for 5.5 years until the change in March. And I worked for same GM under Unicco prior to the transition to Transwestern.
Pros
Tenants satisfaction and ability to properly run the property
Cons
Change of Management
Accounting
Sr Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2016
Transwestern is an awesome company to work for and I have been with the company for over 7 years now. The employees and peers are hard working individuals who strive to accomplish the necessary goals that makes Transwestern one of the best companies to work for. A typical work day for me in accounting is very fast past, repetitive with the ability to learn new things daily.I enjoy my work and the individuals I work with as they can sometimes make a stressful position not so stressful around closing periods. I hope to be with the company many more years to come. (only looking for Part Time work)