Transwestern Employee Reviews

Unprofessional/hostile atmosphere
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2016
Management is unprofessional and unpredictable. You will not move up unless you are "special" your ideas are ignored and you are just given busy work.
Cons
Micro-managing, unprofessionalism, discrimination
Entrpreneurial and decentralized management
Associate Broker/Realtor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2016
Transwestern allows people to succeed and gives them the freedom to do so with little oversight. The work environment in office is great and they are great about working with employees who may need to move within the organization and can still remain at Transwestern happily.
good place tp work
Operations engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Transwestern is a good and well balanced company to work for. The company allows you to address family time during work hours if need be. They also have a nice training program as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
There is no typical day in property management, work with a great team at my property and wonderful co-workers, upper management is amazing and very approachable, hardest part of the job is the unknown when your property sales, the most enjoyable part is getting to move around and work with others in the company and meet new tenants
Overall transwestern was a great place of employment until complete change in management
Chief Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 11, 2016
My day at 255 alhambra was incredible. My tenants were all a pleasure to be with. I learned to prioritize work orders and handle any and all issues regarding the property including but not limited to HVAC chiller controls. Plumbing, electrical, lighting. I assisted and facilitated Leeds Certification for 255 Alhambra and I saved approximately $100,000 in utilities alone for property.
The most enjoyable part of the day was dealing with the tenant and ensuring tenant satisfaction. Prior Management was incredible to work for which I worked for for 5.5 years until the change in March. And I worked for same GM under Unicco prior to the transition to Transwestern.
Pros
Tenants satisfaction and ability to properly run the property
Cons
Change of Management
Accounting
Sr Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2016
Transwestern is an awesome company to work for and I have been with the company for over 7 years now. The employees and peers are hard working individuals who strive to accomplish the necessary goals that makes Transwestern one of the best companies to work for. A typical work day for me in accounting is very fast past, repetitive with the ability to learn new things daily.I enjoy my work and the individuals I work with as they can sometimes make a stressful position not so stressful around closing periods. I hope to be with the company many more years to come. (only looking for Part Time work)
Good company to work for
Vice President and Sr. Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 31, 2016
The overall company is a great place to work. Good team environment and the company values talented employees. The company culture is one of the best that I have been involved with in my career
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 16, 2015
Fun place to work, great culture! Willing to work with you even if you do not know much about the industry. Extensive training provided. Very fast-paced work environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 20, 2015
Had a great time working there and really enjoyed the staff and culture. A great office environment to learn and build yourself.
Great Place to work
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 11, 2015
Company gives you the tools needed to be successful in the commercial brokerage business. Great leadership and diversity that allows all employees not just brokerage professionals to be successful and grow within the company.
Horrible Management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Midwest RegionJuly 1, 2015
Lack of training
Lack of communication
Lack of Direction
No advancement opportunities
Poor raises

Better Management would make the job more enjoyable.
Pros
It's a Job, learned alot, love my tenants
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2015
very busy in property management office with coordination of vendors an tenant needs. But also rewarding when you can assist everyone with what they need or compromise. Every day was a little different and of course just keeping your regular duties covered as well.
Great
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2015
Even though this was a brokerage house and people were competing against each other it was a great work environment. You knew the people were smart and driven and it motivated you daily to work hard.
Great place for millennials interested in commercial real estate
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Hardest part of the job was balancing the needs of two very different bosses.
They are trying a more analytical approach to CRE and I think it's a good place for millennials who want to get into the CRE field to go and learn the ropes.
Interesting and constantly changing work.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2015
There is not a typical day at my current position. I am handling the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, vendor contracts and relations, tenant relations and day to day activity. I am currently working on 2 office properties, 3 Industrial properties and 1 ground lease. I have learned a lot but it is difficult not to have much direction. I really enjoy all I do and all I have and continue to learn.
Ever changing environment with a multitude of tasks
Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2014
Each day began with opening the phones at the reception desk which was my primary station. Greeting the clients, tending to the guests and registering visitors. This was procedure was interwoven into any and all tasks. As for the facilities portion, ensuring vendors meet insurance requirements, tracking tenant parking and payments, completing quarterly signage updates, monthly angus updates, weekly floor plan updates, conference room set ups, service request and completion orders and any other task that may arise in the course of a day. Organization was KEY!!!! What I learned was facilities management, It was my first time in the field.

I only worked with a direct staff of 3 including my manager. My manager was not much of a people person so that was quite the obstacle but we prevailed and the client was happy. As for my two coworkers our working relationship was amazing. We supported one another and communicated daily with little to no discrepancies.

The hardest part of the job was the realization that advancement would never truly occur since our roles were specifically designed and the staff not interchangeable between clients.The most enjoyed part were the client themselves. Working for Wrigley came with many perks, yes the gum and candy, and the people were great. I miss them often!
Pros
Client, hours, location
Cons
Growth, management
working with multiple leasing agents
Leasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  houstonJuly 26, 2014
Great place to work with lots of opportunity to move up. However, the commute was difficult for me and even harder on my family.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Commute
Good Culture
Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Good culture and work/life balance. Advancement is tough.
Property Administrator overview
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2014
A typical day at work includes answering phones, scheduling, filing, tenant correspondence, etc. Management and co-workers are all friendly. Hardest part of the job is that some days are completely overwhelming, and some days there's just nothing to do. Most enjoyable part is working with good people.
Pros
Free garage parking at the building
Cons
Minimal breaks, inconsistent workflow.
Under-staffed, mis-managed, poor communication
Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  1999 Broadway Denver, COMarch 25, 2014
Liked the facility, Didn't like the management or lack there of.
Pros
Use of company tools for personal projects
Cons
low salary, below average benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Transwestern. Our community is ready to answer.