TranSystems

TranSystems Employer Reviews

Truck Driver (Former Employee), Paul, IDJanuary 3, 2014
I worked from 3pm to 3am. The management was nice when the roads were really bad we didn't drive. They took good care of their workers.
Great company
Inspector 1 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 31, 2013
Great company. Left to pursue other job oppertunities. Since I left have been on many projects ran by there inspectors. Very much enjoy it.
Outstanding people, outstanding work environment
Project Manager / Planner (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: exceptional people and great friends
Cons: did not last
TranSystems was always a great place to work. TranSystems acquired VZM around 1996, which was the original firm I worked for. The people there were exceptional. The projects were largely maritime and transportation projects that included a great deal of travel. They were exciting planning and design projects.

The management was creative and fun. In – more... the early days as VZM we often had company retreats that usually involved spending weekends in places like Carmel, Tahoe, Bodega Bay, and other inspiring places. These retreats were creative and inspirational and always fun.

My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. They were conscientious and fun to work with. We generally worked as a team and learned how to work with others who were new to the environment.

The hardest part of the job was the pace of the work. We would sometimes work late to get the job done, but we always knew that we could count on each other.

Working with some of the most talented and professional people I have ever known made this job the best! – less
Immoral Management Issues
Engineer (Former Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 15, 2013
Pros: activities
Cons: low ranking to high ranking management
Company had perks of endless activities involving meals, company massages, game rooms and team outings. Those should all matter, but not as much as the character of your founders and managers. In the workplace there are backstabbers. This is a cancer.

There was major ethical or moral differences in how the company and how I believed the firm should – more... operate; cultural differences; work ethic clashes, and so on. Engineers' creed~ – less
Work as techicion
Technician (Former Employee), Sidney, MTMay 13, 2013
Pros: time off
Cons: away from my famliy
The ability to work and learn how to do maintenance on a fleet of tractors and trailers. Work on newer model freight liner trucks. The management of the company was number one in safety. The hardest part of the was being away from my family. How the co-workers put a smile on my face everyday.
Decent Company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 20, 2012
Decent Company to work for.

Significant projects when they can land the projects.
Bad management
Regional IS Admin (Former Employee), kanas city, moApril 30, 2012
Pros: good benefits, friendly and helpful people
Cons: mostly guys, bad management of the it department
Great friendly people at this company but the IT department is very unorganized and inexperienced. We once had our exchange server down for a week and a half after a new Network Manager was named. There was one particular person in the IT department that I enjoyed because he worked very hard and in a timely manner to get my tickets done, but he is no – more... longer with the company. – less