TranSystems Employee Reviews in United States

well balanced company
Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2015
Limited growth potential. The company is focused only on transportation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. As a consulting firm you must always be searching for more work, while doing your current work at the same time. This creates a lot of stress.
Overall a very professional and friendly work environment
Senior Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2015
A typical day would be to work on assignments provided with a daily update to manager or more frequently as needed. Occasional lunch with fellow employees and full blown recognition of birthdays with cake, pies, cookies, or honoree's choice. Monthly staff meetings along with special occasion meetings or outings. Opportunities for advancement do exist.
Pros
Great support from IT, staffing, etc.
Cons
Modification of office standards.
Great place.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2015
Professional office in a prime location (Crown Center Complex) with great benefits. Nice people all around.close to downtown
Excellent work environment
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 3, 2015
Was a good place to work. However the Portland office is long since closed. I enjoyed working with all the staff of the old MNB Architects Engineers office.
Productive, team based environment
Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 20, 2015
As an intern for TranSystems, the team was required to take down data from LA County bus stops both in the immediate surrounding area and choice locations spanning across the entire county. A large group of coworkers made the work environment fun and supportive, promoting many team-oriented practices in the field. While the work was challenging and varied, the distribution of the work via the management could have been more organized. Interns were oftentimes waiting on upper management to properly assign teams to certain areas, sometimes making the intern team spend time in the office as opposed to getting work done earlier rather than later.
Pros
Team based environment, flexible work hours
Cons
Lack of consistent work assignment for interns
its a ok job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 29, 2015
the days were long I learned how to run a belly dump the bosses were great the people I work with were good driving though mud the most fun on the job was going home after work
Good place to work.
Scheduler, Dispatch, Driver (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 24, 2015
Drive for 12 hours, so the hardest part of job is the other drivers on the road. Alot of interesting people to work with, most are retired and drive for something to do because its seasonal. While in the office I enjoyed conversating with the drivers, makes it more personable. Hardest part om my job is its seasonal.
Pros
Good pay and teammates.
Cons
Seasonal
Was a good place to work for many years.
Payroll Administrator and clerk, receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLApril 5, 2015
Put payroll in computer for the drivers, calculated mileage, input their expenses and created their check. The management in the first 10 or so years were great (family owned business) the towards the last 10 or more years changes were made. People laid off or fired. The owners passed and their children took over and it was not a good place to work. A lot of yelling, cussing and people were very much intimidated. They were not paying the office people and cutting back the drivers pay. When I left they owed me 5 weeks pay, which I never did get.

I have never gave up on a job but I could not go on with everything that was happening.
Pros
Good for 15 years. Owners treated me family and were very fair.
Cons
At the end not getting paid and being abused every day by the owner.
drove nights hauling suger beets
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 23, 2015
worked nights drove from beet pile to factory to unload
how to deal with the traffic
was great to work with
had a great bunch of co-workers always willing to help
weather
the customers and co-workers
Pros
met a lot of good people
Cons
never really had any
Interesting place to work.
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTFebruary 21, 2015
I was in different locations for this job. I started hauling sugar beets in North Dakota And then was trans to Utah where I hauled asphalt for ten miles of road work near Wendover, Nevada. The pay was good, however very little benefits.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much in benefits
Excellent
driver (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement. Saftey programs are excellent and provide participation from employees.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
seasonal
loader operator and feild loader operator
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 2, 2015
My typical day started out driving anywhere from 5 to 40 miles to the beet piling grounds or to the Holmer which is the field loader. Then I went through the checked all fluids and made sure everything was in good working order. and then I loaded beet trucks for 12 hours a day. most co-workers were easy to work with. the hardest part of the job was chipping and scraping all the dirt and weeds out of the Holmer.
Pros
running equipment
Promising Future
Mid Level Mgr (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 11, 2014
Exciting strategy planned for 2020 to double in revenues and invest in its people for long-term development and retention.
Pros
great aspiring leaders in the pipeline
Cons
working to improve culture as we come out of a recessionary period
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Paul, IDJanuary 3, 2014
I worked from 3pm to 3am. The management was nice when the roads were really bad we didn't drive. They took good care of their workers.
Great company
Inspector 1 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 31, 2013
Great company. Left to pursue other job oppertunities. Since I left have been on many projects ran by there inspectors. Very much enjoy it.
Outstanding people, outstanding work environment
Project Manager / Planner (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2013
TranSystems was always a great place to work. TranSystems acquired VZM around 1996, which was the original firm I worked for. The people there were exceptional. The projects were largely maritime and transportation projects that included a great deal of travel. They were exciting planning and design projects.

The management was creative and fun. In the early days as VZM we often had company retreats that usually involved spending weekends in places like Carmel, Tahoe, Bodega Bay, and other inspiring places. These retreats were creative and inspirational and always fun.

My co-workers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. They were conscientious and fun to work with. We generally worked as a team and learned how to work with others who were new to the environment.

The hardest part of the job was the pace of the work. We would sometimes work late to get the job done, but we always knew that we could count on each other.

Working with some of the most talented and professional people I have ever known made this job the best!
Pros
exceptional people and great friends
Cons
did not last
Immoral Management Issues
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas CitySeptember 15, 2013
Company had perks of endless activities involving meals, company massages, game rooms and team outings. Those should all matter, but not as much as the character of your founders and managers. In the workplace there are backstabbers. This is a cancer.

There was major ethical or moral differences in how the company and how I believed the firm should operate; cultural differences; work ethic clashes, and so on. Engineers' creed~
Pros
activities
Cons
low ranking to high ranking management
Work as techicion
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTMay 13, 2013
The ability to work and learn how to do maintenance on a fleet of tractors and trailers. Work on newer model freight liner trucks. The management of the company was number one in safety. The hardest part of the was being away from my family. How the co-workers put a smile on my face everyday.
Pros
time off
Cons
away from my famliy
the job keep you working and moving around
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, NDOctober 22, 2012
the day here is get your rout and truck. get your loads in each shift and bring back the truck on time for the next driver. the co-workers are fun and happy to work with. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone go home at the end of the shift.
Pros
they have and keep you working
Cons
wish it was year round
Decent Company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 20, 2012
Decent Company to work for.

Significant projects when they can land the projects.