Travel Traders Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
Part time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMNovember 15, 2015
Busy work days, customer service, I love working with and meeting new people. management is easy to talk to. hardest part are the hours.
Leadership
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
Management of store on a daily basis
stocking and counting inventory
job was vey straightforward
taught you accounts payable/ receivable
Pros
the bonus
Cons
NA
Great Place to work at
Guest service associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2015
Fun and productive place to work. Each person gets their chance to grow as an individual and grow as team member as well. Everyone is welcoming and extremely helpful. Coworkers all get along as if the were family. Mutual respect between associates and Managers were present.
working for the company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  indian wells Hyatt hotelJuly 30, 2015
Not a good company to work for they just care about making money, don't really care for there employees. Funny how management plays favorite and so do distract management to cover thier butt. If management dont like you, they will try and push you out.
Pros
good hours
Cons
management sucks
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2015
This is not a fun company to work for at all. They are there to make the most money as possible with little regard to the employees. They will use and abuse you until they dont need you anymore. This is a perfect job for a complete tool who can not think for themselves. They want you to be grateful that you are making low wages and barely can support yourself. They want you to sell overpriced items and upsell. They will use you for a year and then throw you out when a raise is due. Just google them and you will see the CEO plead guilty to charges a few years ago. If you need something temporary this is it. Just dont plan on staying or growing with the company if you can think for yourself.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 2, 2015
There really wasn't a typical day at Johnston & Murphy. Some days were very boring and slow some days were very busy. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping the customers come up with style ideas and accessorizing for the men.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 28, 2015
This job provided me with the hours that I needed. It was not until my boss' boss quit that the issues arose. However, overall it was a fun job. I just wish it paid more then $9 per hour.
Pros
hours
Cons
upper management
My first job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2015
My previous experience working as a Retail Sales Associate for Travel Traders, provided me the opportunity to gain knowledge in assisting customers, processing shipment, markdowns, inventory, and working behind the cashier.
It would be great.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas TxApril 3, 2015
A typical day at work would be busy with assisting guests, receiving, checking and displaying merchandise. It is also fun meeting various
people from all over the world.
Good Job
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 26, 2015
I work at Travel Traders in a hotel, and it has been the best retail job I have ever had. The staff from Travel Traders and the hotel are very nice as well as helpful. Management is very fair as well as the coworkers. It is a very relaxed environment, and no task is too hard; they can be just time-consuming. I would only not recommend this job to someone who is not social; being outgoing and friendly is a requirement.
Pros
Free food from the hotel and a good working environment
Cons
Quite a lot of multitasking if one can handle it
great place to work management is lacking
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indian wells (Hyatt Regeancy) gift shopMarch 14, 2015
if your friends with the manager you will be fine if not then you will work twice as hard as anyone else while the management team has a good time.
Pros
co workers
Cons
3 years no raise
productive
fun (Former Employee) –  Palmer house hilton Chicago,illinoisMarch 4, 2015
They were a fun company to work for. They put me through college which is not easy. no day was ever the same working for them. My coworkers were the best. so was management.
ok place
Senior Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2015
there is not allot of work objective, poor management.There is no work incentive for the employees, its like working for a factory. The management is poor trained. They do not give the employee room for growth.
Fun to work in different hotels
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2014
My time was spent working between two hotels. I preferred one location over another. I spent my day checking in and putting out products along with helping guests. Since you work alone most of the time it can be boring. One location was slow a lot and there wasn't much to do. I enjoyed talking to flight crews when they would stop in. It was fun to hear all their accents and slang. The hardest part is working alone.
Pros
free meals from the hotels
Cons
denied vacation, hard to get a raise, hard to get time off
Fun Workplace right next to Seaport Village
Gift Shop Sales Associate at Hyatt Hotel (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2014
Travel Traders left me with new knowledge of retail and sales. Working in this professional environment taught me how to preform retail merchandising when receiving orders, processing them, and stocking them on the floor. This job task was a weekly thing that had to be completed in a very busy environment, so being quick on our feet was a must. As for my co-workers I loved working with them. We where a team and worked together to complete any job task that was brought upon us.
Pros
employee discounts and discounted lunch in the hotel.
Productive and fun place to work
Stockroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMarch 31, 2014
Great team work where we all contribute to promote sales, organize product, and we deliver great customer service.
Pros
great team work
Cons
nothing
dead- end job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNMarch 13, 2014
if your just looking for some extra cash this company would be good for you, but there is no room for career advancement. The company does not have their employees backs and they do not take care of them. i was promised commission but 2 moths after i was supposed to get it they told us there was a miscommunication in home office and no one was getting paid. you dont get paid enough for all the extra work (paperwork, inventory) that you have to do.
Pros
30% discount. meet new people
Cons
unprofessional managers, owners that dont care
good
Associates and Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2014
the place was sometimes very busy but intersting since meeting a lot of new faces every day makes me learn more about the culture and way of dealing with my jobs. the staff is very cooperative and we were helping and had a good time
productive
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Travel Traders Inc is a productive work place. The guests are very friendly friendly and always puts a smile on your face. Every team member is nice and friendly
Low Compensation - unnecessary paperwork - good envirement - knowledgeble co workers - good chance to interact with public
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Strict management controls - over stocked gift shop - knowledgeable coworkers - good interaction with public. - oportunity to sell - many reports at night. Antiquated financial system.