TravelCenters of America

TravelCenters of America Employee Reviews in United States

productive enviroment with advancement opportunity
Truck Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VA 24382July 26, 2016
My typical day at work consist of taking care of all aspects of putting customers into the shop system, taking care of obtaining authorization from company's, obtaining payments once jobs are completed. I also take care of ordering the parts and keeping track of inventory used. on a average day I process any where from 4000 to 20000 dollars worth of payments in a day. I'm an amazing people person which comes in use on talking to upwards of 300 people a day. I'm currently looking for a new challenge with advancement opportunities.
Pros
healthcare and dental
Cons
working weekends
decent company bad upper management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJuly 25, 2016
with company many years just bad upper management and no room for advancement
Field manager two faced company knows but no support from upper management
would not recommend any one working for company or Petro Truck Stops (They own both)
F M promoted two of my assistants to GM position to truck stop a mile down road Paid them both more than I was Making and expected me to continue to go over and run train and perform their
back office duties.
After 13 years of service and they had the nerve to promote not one but 2 of my assistants with 6 mo training and pay them more base salary than what I was getting whats wrong with this picture ?
Pros
employees good to work with
Cons
field manager two faced
Great place to work at a fast growing company.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 11, 2016
Great place to work at a fast growing company. Co-workers friendly and business casual atmosphere. Westside location is a great way to avoid daily downtown traffic.
Complete accounting entries
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2016
Good people to work with. No room for advancement. Same thing everyday. Learned problem solving. Family owned but, then bought out by a corporation.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No room for advancement
Local management team is wonderful
Lead Site Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJuly 4, 2016
.Local management is great. Co-workers are wonderful. Love my job and perform to the best of my abilities everyday. Hardest part of day is figuring out what Corporate Office is loading.
good job.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 30, 2016
been with TA for about a year now and I enjoy what I do just wanting to be able to do more then just the minor repair and learn and do more repairs on these truck.
loving staff
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHJune 27, 2016
My night would consist of getting everything ready for the evening audit. Making sure all the guests were checked in, making sure their paperwork was in the correct spot. Running reports at certain times, checking guests in at all times of the night.
Needs better management
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  New Paris, OHJune 27, 2016
Needs better management and employees who know what they are doing, hard to to my own work with having to assist everyone else at the same time...
If your into the sink or swim motto / culture you'll feel right at home with this company!
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Willington, CTJune 25, 2016
Like our parents always said the apple doesn't fall from the tree, this place is a joke, I wouldn't spend my time referring the worst person in the world to work in that .... hole, I'm just saying.
there are worst places to work but this store ranks #1.
Pros
non
Cons
all the above
while working at ta rogers mn
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJune 22, 2016
underpaid, unable to pay employees the proper dues, jobs always threaten by management, shop is never clean, all tools broke
over all this was not a good environment for employment,drivers dislike the shop and only getting worse under new management,they tend to force the newest techs. onto over nights with min. pay, employees are a vary high turn over as well
the only pros. about this job is the small tool program for new people starting,over time when they needed and over a long period of time they become willing to help pay for dot and ase certs. personalty i had worked there just under 2 years and would never consider going back. by far the most unprofessional shop or job i have ever had. as far as ceo or head management for the northern states ( mike ) is outstanding willing to work with all employees and always trys to come to an understanding with people
Management displayed many hostile behaviors
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJune 20, 2016
Hostility in the work place was a huge issue in this company. There was no respect for management from employees and vice versa.
Pros
Easy pace, Excellent for balancing school and work
Cons
Hostility and tension often palpable in work environment, limited productivity
Terrible Management
Fuel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 15, 2016
I worked random days and had lots of call ins due to workers quitting and or calling out. The management is terrible. Manager was clueless to a lot the happened and rarely picked up his phone for situations resulting in having to call fellow workers to fix problems.
Cons
Horrible managment
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Imlay, NVJune 11, 2016
There was always something new and different. Job performance reviews with raises on a regular basis. Set schedules with some overtime
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 10, 2016
I was required to assist customers with problems they might have with their cell phone carrier.
I was required to meet sales goals on a weekly basis.
fair place to work
Manager in Training/cook (Current Employee) –  Austintown, OHJune 2, 2016
Travel Centers of America is a decent place to work at. Many different personalities to handle each day. The work is not hard but you need to be a self motivated person.
Fun and interesting work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LAMay 31, 2016
In a typical work day I would meet atleast 20 people of various backgrounds and engage them in conversation. I further learned how to operate cash registers and how to operate fuel dispensers. The co-workers were enjoyable, and overall an effective team. The hardest part of the job would have been trying to calm down an irate customer, while the most enjoyable part of the job would have been making someone's day with a joke or a compliment before they got back out on the road.
Pros
Enjoyable workplace, Familiar area, New people
Cons
Moody customers, Typically fast-paced
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier, Diesel Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Earle, ARMay 26, 2016
Assisting public, patients and understanding co-workers and manager were easy to work with, hard parts irate customers, great place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks, constant standing
great adventure
food court manager (Former Employee) –  Wildwood, FLMay 24, 2016
great adventure new state new job never in management had to learn it all. great people. co workers helped in many ways sent me to their schools if needed help some one was there to show me
Pros
new state
Cons
away from home
The culture of the organization could be better.
Trainer/Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2016
I love the university. It needs an overhaul of its culture, but it provides many opportunities to faculty, staff, and students. Great leadership, but that is due to change.
Truck stop, Good food, Great conversations
Server (Former Employee) –  Limon, COMay 19, 2016
Graveyards in a truck stop got lonely. It was a great opportunity to meet many different types of people as well as learning to handle situations on your own since there is only one server and no management on shift.

TravelCenters of America Reviews by Location