TravelCenters of America Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Cashier/ shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 26, 2017
It is a fast paced environment so you have to know how to move your feet. The management is great and so are the people you work with. You have plenty of chances for advancement. Overall this company is a great company to work for.
Pros
Free meal, employee discounts, alot of hours
Cons
No overtime
Decent Job for cashiers.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Was a great place to work.
Current Management not professional.
Needs more one on one with training management and cashiers.
Suggest more female friendly workplace.
people just there for a paycheck
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 21, 2017
complete jerks with no knowledge and skills. management did not care for the employees at all. hostile work environment. general lack for personal saftey.
Ability to make your own schedule to work on multiple tasks.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Porter, INFebruary 19, 2017
There were various amounts of tasks and maintenance duties. There were core jobs that needed to be kept up with, but when those were completed, you had the freedom to work on other different projects.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Sometimes dirty work.
a job
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 17, 2017
the job was okay but they make a lot of promises they don't keep. also pay is not to good and understaffed seems to need to build more in the communication department.
I love my job
Truck Service Advisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAFebruary 13, 2017
I have been with the company six years. We have the best management team I have EVER worked for. My managers actually care about EVERY employee they have and go above and beyond what you'd expect from management. I know if I have an issue I can go to my manager at any time as he'll do whatever he can to help. The opportunity for advancement is there if you are willing to work for it. They actually recognise and appreciate everything you do for the company. I can't see myself working for another company
Pros
Management that care, Great co workers, awesome customers
Ok place to work
waitress (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2017
I love my set schedule. Great employees great mgr. Great hrs. I just hate area. What to relocate, but that's impossible. I been there 3years and ready to start something new
Had a great mentor and I learned quite a bit from him
DBA Popeyes (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Worked one on one with my direct supervisor on creating a Performa,
Had the opportunity to train and promote the incoming RGM
Pros
great benefits, nice people, fun atmosphere
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed working there done it over 20 years but wanted out of management mainly because work force today does not respect the company or customers It is nothing for an employee calling in or not caring if they do things correctly
Pros
Customers
Cons
Employees
A productive and fun place to work.
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Harrisville, PAFebruary 10, 2017
Working at Travel Centers of America was a at times a roller-coaster ride, you rarely knew what expect on a daily basis. I learned many things in my time with the company, I would say the most valuable of all the things I learned is how to treat everyone with respect regardless of whom they were or what position they held. The management team at TA are a positive group of people that encourage growth and unity among coworkers and really are the backbone of the crew. My experience with the workplace culture is that of a team based culture that supports working together to accomplish the same goal. The hardest part of working at Travel Centers of America is the uncertainty of not knowing what your shift will hold for you that particular day, at times it is difficult to stay motivated knowing that you could face a lot of adversity without warning. The most enjoyable part of working at TA is the gratification of being a part of something bigger then yourself.
Pros
Meal program
Cons
Long periods of time on your feet
Had fun working with customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tekonsha, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I did customer service and worked as a cashier i made sure all customers were taken care of and we even helped the truck drivers and made sure they 100% customer satiisfaction with fuel
Pros
Lunch break was fine
Cons
Not sure
Service clerk
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dexter, MIFebruary 10, 2017
I loaded and unloaded truck's as well as stocked the shelves and waited on the store customer's. The hardest part of the job was if the merchandise truck was running behind schedule and you had to pick your pace up to unload the truck and stock merchandise without getting a long line of customer's to cash out on the cash register. I did like serving our customer's.
Working at Travel Centers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tallulah, LAFebruary 8, 2017
I started working there as an waitress, and was asked to be an shift leader, through the time of working there, i've learned how to deal with customers complaints. And teach other employees how to also. the hardest part of the job was when we get really busy overnite, when i had to help cook and take orders at the same time. But other wise i liked working there.
Important duties to keep drivers and their companies running on shcedule
Truck Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alda, NEFebruary 8, 2017
I learned how to write work orders for truck drivers or their companies in need of mechanical help, or in need of additives ect... I also learned the basics of keeping trucks running and on the road. Management has changed since I have worked there, and the hardest part of the job is making sure every customer is satisfied. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to help out the customers.
explaining company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomsbury njFebruary 5, 2017
there is nothing bad to say about the company. everthing is by the books, there is no issue on misleading the customers. workers are the best people i have worked with
Truckstop environment.
Store Lead and Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 5, 2017
Not a terrible place to work, pretty average. Worked very hard for this company. Must follow corporate guidelines and regulations.
Only a job...Not a career
Truck Service Adviser Lead (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILFebruary 3, 2017
Different crowd. Been called every name in the book. The company does not care for their employees but only for the customer. Only thing positive is the crew I work with.
Ok job
Parts and Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maybrook, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Work here after high school was fine for me at the time was not what I was looking for but out cash in my pocket. Nice for ppl in the trucking ind..
What a shame
Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 27, 2017
I worked here for three months. I made $10.50 an hour plus commission, but commission only if you made the company over $3k in labor. Which is hard to do, when the Service Advisors cut time due to drivers throwing fits or companies throwing fits for inconvenience.
The management takes hours worked off your check. I worked 80 hours, was paid for 55. Several employees told me that was standard, to save TA money and no one complained because most were felons who needed the income. I complained to TA directly, who blew me off, or encouraged me to speak with the Area Manager, who was also supportive of "saving money."
I would NEVER work for TA again. Or any other truck stop maintenance facility. I have allowed my ASE's to expire, since it doesn't pay well. I make way more doing armed security and I don't get dirty.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad commission system, no room to advance, Good Old Boy network
work on own pace
Yard Porter (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJanuary 26, 2017
I would go around getting the trash can empty and put in new bags .sweep sweeping sweeping parking lots around the trucks and wash tank and pressure washing the sidewalks and gas station cut grass unload trucks and clean showers and help with the bathrooms
Pros
free drinks food discount
Cons
rude customer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TravelCenters of America. Our community is ready to answer.

TravelCenters of America Reviews by Location