Travelers Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Multi-State Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37932September 28, 2016
I worked in this very busy call center for 3 years. They have very good benefits including paid time off and good insurance. Room for advancements within the center.
Nice place to work Loved co-workers.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2016
Typical day of work was to get an injured workers file from various insurance companies. We set are own interview with client , doctors, wrote reports. Goal was to return to work.
Pros
Set own schedule.
Cons
Waiting in doctors office.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 28, 2016
I worked as a CSR, assisting insured and agents with writing policies. Assisted with billing problems and processed payments. Ensured customers satisfaction for agents and insured.
Benefits
Inside Adjuster
Property & Casualty Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Handled liability claims
learned the Travelers way of handling liability claims
Management was ok
Hardest part was when I got layed off, because they did away with my position
Meetingf and working with people was most enjoyable
great place to work
Sr. Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06183September 26, 2016
I loved working at QBE Reinsurance. I learned a lot about insurance, It was a small office and everyone got along great.

If i ever have another opportunity to work for this company I would love it.
Pros
location, hours, pay and the people
Cons
the company relocated and had to let some of us go
Day in the Life
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 21, 2016
A good company with very nice people. A lot of room to grow, but challenging to get opportunities. Easy to build working relationships. The hardest part with my role is staying busy. I tend to get bored easily in my current role, but there are a lot of other job opportunities to explore.
Pros
Flexible, a lot of different divisions and areas
Cons
Hard to grow and very individualized
Relationship, Account, Program management.
Senior Program Manager (Project Management) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 21, 2016
It is a great place to work. Very collaborative culture working on state of the art technology etc. Would like to work here again.
claims adjuster
Field Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Travelers is a well run company that provides great benefits that start on your first day. Life, Health, Dental, vision. 401k matching, Flex spending. An overall good company to work for. Pay claims adjuster top in the industry. very demanding job due to the line of work.
Unrealistic Expectations and Terrible Management
Inside Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Understaffed for amount of work that expected. Management does not have a clue and was unresponsive to requests for changes. High amount of turnover in our department.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management, Work load
Great opportunities for mobile employees
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Great opportunities for advancement for employees if mobile. Above average compensation with bonus potential. High expectations that are measurable and achievable. Work/Life balance has been a focus in recent years but still needs balance.
Pros
Salary, Health benefits
Cons
Limited work from home opportunites
good
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 11, 2016
good place to work, good culture, stable company, great people, work life balance also very good. opportunity for progress
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day meant being constantly busy. I learned a lot of things in the Public Sector underwriting division as an account manager but mostly enjoyed but not limited to communications between agents and company, communications with team members and how important it is to keep communication constructive, pleasant at all times valuing each person's opinion.

The hardest part of the job I would have to say was the constant overflow of business and needing to work overtime continuously in order to keep up. All the account managers were having to do this.

Making sure my employer, my agents and my team members are satisfied with my work, and the most enjoyable part was talking with the agents and being able to answer all their questions and fulfilling their needs.
Pros
excellent health insurance, flexible hours, good pay, jean day, parties and celebrations for birthdays
Cons
overtime
Had a wonderful experience here
Seasonal Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 7, 2016
I had a great overall experience at my summer internship with Travelers. I was able to learn a lot about the insurance business and obtain new skills.
Travelers review
Senior Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 6, 2016
Travelers is a forward thinking insurance company. My experience was a positive one. My co-workers were very knowledgeable in their tasks. Management was very good in communicating with their employees.
Work at Travelers
Account Executive - Select - Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 3, 2016
Travelers is an excellent company for new in the insurance industry and seasoned veterans of the business The company is global and offers opportunities for its employees to grow and develop within the organization. Employees are encouraged to move within the company to grow professional and personally. The work environment is very friendly and collaborative.
Pros
Employees can move around to different positions within the company; nice work/life balance, very friendly and collaborative environment
Cons
pay for parking; no amenities at the office; each department is like its own company
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 25, 2016
Great opportunity and have been very successful and ability to achieve multiple awards during my time. Looking to establish a long term relationship with a company in a claims environment.
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2016
If you have a family don't bother working here. Even with fmla they found a way to fire me. They had no grounds and I kept my unemployment after they contested it.
Cons
Professional and highly engaging work environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2016
Travelers is a wonderful company to work for. They provide excellent leadership and support to their professional staff. I found my experience working for them to be by far the most rewarding and satisfying. Expect the application process to be highly competitive but know that it is worth putting in the extra work and effort in order to win a job offer from this company.
Company is very welcoming of youth
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 22, 2016
Co-workers finds work is very difficult because processes are very long drawn out and complicated, causing lots of stress for them when management promises delivery of product sooner than what the systems can give them, Stress is very high that some people have succumbed to health issues
Pros
Good place to get feet wet for a year, then go elsewhere
Cons
For the older generation that aren't ready to retire or near retirement age, it's very possible that your days as am employee are numbered
Extremely long hours
Outside Contents Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2016
No work life balance. Upper Management is defiantly the boys club. You are forced out if you don't agree with them. 90 hour work week for minimum pay. Coworkers were fantastic. When I had my own personal loss I was told I could not take time off and was put on a performance plan.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
hours