Travelers Employee Reviews

very productive environment that employer encouraged team to advance in job career
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50265June 6, 2016
I trained employees on computer system, handled medical only claims and made decisions whether claim was payable or denied and processed accordingly. I later handled up to 6 week loss which involved making payments to patient, followed up on reports from doctors care and processed accordingly. My management staff encouraged us to advance if we proved ourselves. The hardest part of the job was handling injured patients that wanted more or thought they needed the benefits if their claim was denied. The most enjoyable part was knowing i accomplished goals set by myself and management team and moving ahead with career.
Pros
variety of work, advancement in career, great health insurance and benefits
Cons
sometimes had to travel and/or relocate
even amount of pros and cons
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2016
The company is up to date and ok with colored hair, tattoos, body modifications, and self expression to generate a very relaxed culture. Unfortunately, even though certain choices are ok with dress code or the ethics guidelines, there are team members, both front line service and sales and higher ups, that will judge you and formulate a very snarky opinion and not be afraid to show it. Favoritism runs rampant in the Traveler's office, and the work is monotonous. The pay, benefits, and close friends that you get from working there can be worth it.. but its ultimately if you can handle getting paid good money to work in a high school environment.
Excellent company to work for. The Travelers is a professional and diverse company who provides necessary tools and training to succeed professionally
Claim Legal Cash Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 21, 2016
Great company, well diverse group, offer inhouse training and classes, flexible hours, great vacation, good benefits, offer 401lk, job posting available, opportunity, equal treatment, good locations
Pros
Great opportunity, women leaders, diversity, courses available, training, community involvement, good benefits, good location, advancement?
Cons
More men in leadership roles.
High Pressure, Low Appreciation, lack of interest in employees.
Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2016
The job has good benefits. Company is full of middle management that micro manages and focuses on outcomes that benefit the company rather than individual customers. Steady presence of '2-faced' employees. Toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Horrific Management and Corporate Culture
Not What I Expected
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 30, 2016
There is NO Work/ Life Balance. They requirements and expectations are HIGH to "Meet" in order to stay a float and or "Exceed" in your job you can't have a LIFE outside of work. Although the Benefits are great, Insurance, PTO, etc. The Compensation is minimum is any! A raise is minimum and not something that would be expected every year. There is NO incentives for accounts bound/ issued, Audits exceeding goal, and or business growth at the end of the year. This was not what I was expecting as I came from Mortgage, in that field/ procession there was incentives all the time. It would push everyone to close more accounts, follow up on the customer surveys etc. Management is also "by the book" there is no "Flexibility" We are all adults working for a "Living" dealing with a micromanaging manager for me is defiantly an adjustment for me. I come from a manager and team that knows what needs to be done at the end of every day. If my job is being done, goals are being met or exceeded I don't feel it's necessary to pay for a "Baby sitter".
Pros
Benefits;
Cons
Management; Min. Compensation/ No Insentives; No Flexibility
Great opportunities for mobile employees
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Great opportunities for advancement for employees if mobile. Above average compensation with bonus potential. High expectations that are measurable and achievable. Work/Life balance has been a focus in recent years but still needs balance.
Pros
Salary, Health benefits
Cons
Limited work from home opportunites
Unrealistic Expectations and Terrible Management
Inside Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Understaffed for amount of work that expected. Management does not have a clue and was unresponsive to requests for changes. High amount of turnover in our department.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management, Work load
Competitive well compensating work environment
Insurance Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 17, 2016
You are well trained in your job expectations but there are many requirements you are expected to meet. If you preform well, the compensation is generous, but if your performance is average, so is your compensation.
Also, there is a clear separation of powers between upper management and employees which make management intimidating and unapproachable.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
upper management separated from regular employees
Productive Auto Claim Professional
Auto Claim Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of communication between myself and coworkers and managers. I learn everyday that there are creative and innovative solutions to solve problems. I manage a team of appraisers in efforts to coordinate their daily workloads. The hardest part of my job would be outages in the field, however this is where I get to exercise my strategic mind set. The most enjoyable part of job is know that at the end of the day I've helped our customers!
Great place to work!
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYApril 21, 2016
You get out what you put in. Work hard, stay away from typical office drama, be present, and be vocal about your ambitions and you will succeed. Remember, you are there to work and put your best foot forward and it will be noticed. The management is great and always have time to help. Bonuses are good and not hard to obtain. You're not micromanaged as you're an adult and capable of adhering to your schedule, plus your bonus is dependent on it. There is a really great family type of atmosphere here and you will become part of the group in no time!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary ranges
very professional place to work.. very nice managers
Calc specialist (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 3, 2016
typical day at work was going thru your case load, and figuring out which formulas or programs were needed to prove/disprove numbers that people(clients , other areas in Pru) said were not correct. Lots of computer work.
- learned that anything can be figures out and that there is an answe for everything.
-Management was great.
-Co-workers were always there for each other. Great Team!
-I can not think of any hard part, but being part of that team was the best!
Pros
managers and benefits
Cons
system glitches
Family First Workplace
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2016
Great benefits, decent corporate culture and family first. Flexible with scheduling and communication with management.
Work at Travelers
Account Executive - Select - Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 3, 2016
Travelers is an excellent company for new in the insurance industry and seasoned veterans of the business The company is global and offers opportunities for its employees to grow and develop within the organization. Employees are encouraged to move within the company to grow professional and personally. The work environment is very friendly and collaborative.
Pros
Employees can move around to different positions within the company; nice work/life balance, very friendly and collaborative environment
Cons
pay for parking; no amenities at the office; each department is like its own company
A job where you can learn
Personal Lines Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2016
Everything was ok. Learned a lot but not a career. Employees were helpful when needed help. The management seemed to be fair. It was great knowing I was able to help ppl get back on track with their lives after going catastrophes or accidents.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks
Travelers`
Inland Marine Claim Adjuster - Claim (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Promotional opportunities are somewhat limiting. Excellent work life balance and the culture is fantastic to be working in.
Good pay job with benefits
Bilingual Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2016
Good pay job with benefits but no job security since consistently every year many different department are closing and outsourcing
Cons
poor management
Excellent company culture
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2016
I interned at Travelers and it's a great company. The work culture is really amazing with great focus on work-life balance. Everyone working at Travelers takes great pride in the fact that they work there which I found very inspiring. Plenty of opportunities to grow at the firm and learn from senior leaders.
Pros
Great culture, Good pay
Extremely long hours
Outside Contents Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2016
No work life balance. Upper Management is defiantly the boys club. You are forced out if you don't agree with them. 90 hour work week for minimum pay. Coworkers were fantastic. When I had my own personal loss I was told I could not take time off and was put on a performance plan.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
hours
Unrealistic Expectations &
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  No thanksJanuary 30, 2016
In reference to working within this department, you can expect to be provided unrealistic output requirements. Being paid on a salary basis, expect to spend your nights and weekends as well as any FTO time working to meet the monthly expectations. And if you do not achieve them, you will be placed on warning. Miss them again, and the verbal warning turns to written and so on until you are terminated.

There is no support for newly hired employees in the profession, but who are held to the same guidelines.

There has been a large amount of mid-level management turnover as well. They're jumping off like fleas off of a dog.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No work/life balance, No managerial support - All decisions based on an excel macro.
good
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 11, 2016
good place to work, good culture, stable company, great people, work life balance also very good. opportunity for progress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.