Travelers Employee Reviews in United States

Company is very welcoming of youth
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 22, 2016
Co-workers finds work is very difficult because processes are very long drawn out and complicated, causing lots of stress for them when management promises delivery of product sooner than what the systems can give them, Stress is very high that some people have succumbed to health issues
Pros
Good place to get feet wet for a year, then go elsewhere
Cons
For the older generation that aren't ready to retire or near retirement age, it's very possible that your days as am employee are numbered
Extremely long hours
Outside Contents Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 18, 2016
No work life balance. Upper Management is defiantly the boys club. You are forced out if you don't agree with them. 90 hour work week for minimum pay. Coworkers were fantastic. When I had my own personal loss I was told I could not take time off and was put on a performance plan.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
hours
Productive Auto Claim Professional
Auto Claim Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of communication between myself and coworkers and managers. I learn everyday that there are creative and innovative solutions to solve problems. I manage a team of appraisers in efforts to coordinate their daily workloads. The hardest part of my job would be outages in the field, however this is where I get to exercise my strategic mind set. The most enjoyable part of job is know that at the end of the day I've helped our customers!
nice work place
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 17, 2016
Travelers provides opportunities for career growth and development through scholarships and promotions. The General Manager is very experienced and shows respect to staff
Great Place to Work
Service Desk Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 16, 2016
Travelers is a great place to work where the company cares about you. I learned on how to properly handle external relationships with the agents who sell Travelers Insurance on a day to day basis.My co-workers work extremely hard to fulfill the requirements of the job.
one of the best to work for
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2016
average office work mutual task billing customer service GREAT PEOPLE to work with lot of cross training good benefits
Pros
Cons
15 mim
bad
INSURANCE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 12, 2016
HOT MESS, management has no clue what they are doing, call center agent are look down on, pay is to low for all them angry customers
Fun environment
Remittance Processor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2016
the staff were very friendly to me and everyone else. the pace of the department were fast paced but i enjoyed that very much.
Pros
friendly environment
good co -workers and manager
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 20, 2016
work environment is very good and co -workers are so cooperative.
Enjoying working in travelers.for contractors there is no compensation and benefits available.
great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 17, 2016
typical call center environment, very positive management, happy place to work, company really wants employees taking full advantage of resources for example going back to school, retirement. Management focused on assisting you with your career goals
Travelers had a great compensation package
ICU Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2016
They changed management often. The management they selected were generally right out of school and did not have a lot of experience. They did not seek to value experience there.
Very supportive
Cognos Architect (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 11, 2016
Good cooperation and encouragement from the management. Highly Motivated. friendly natured. I will not lose the opportunity if I get a chance to work with the same customer.
Good Company poor work life balance
Outside Claim Porfessional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Travelers is a good company within the insurance industry with annually salaries higher than national competitors. Traveler's ask a lot of their employees which sometime causes an extremely poor work and life balance.
Travelers`
Inland Marine Claim Adjuster - Claim (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Promotional opportunities are somewhat limiting. Excellent work life balance and the culture is fantastic to be working in.
Interned
Outside Property Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great experience for an intern. You get to meet and work with a lot of interesting people and it happens in a very fun and exciting city to be in.
An excellent place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 6, 2016
Very good training and support
I learned how to approve my sales following Travelers Underwriting guidelines.
Very friendly co-workers.
Management are very efficient and professional
Pros
Overt time available
Cons
Undewritting department sometimes they have different judment to approve a sale
Learn your position and move to another company
Sr. Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 6, 2016
Productive and long. Not a great place to work when trying to grow in career. Good to learn skills and move to another company
Pros
Great place to learn insurance industry
Cons
Pay is horrible
Fun Place to work
Sr. Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2016
it is pleasent and fun to work for travelers. the work environment is really good. people of any department are willing to help. you can work from home ,have a good amount of days for PTO/vacation.
Excellent company culture
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2016
I interned at Travelers and it's a great company. The work culture is really amazing with great focus on work-life balance. Everyone working at Travelers takes great pride in the fact that they work there which I found very inspiring. Plenty of opportunities to grow at the firm and learn from senior leaders.
Pros
Great culture, Good pay
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILJuly 5, 2016
it is a good place to work with a friendly atmosphere of co workers and some management. work days are fun with a lot of contest to make extra money. at times it could be difficult because sometimes your day could end without a sale.
Pros
free lunches once a month and plenty of extra money
Cons
it was a long drive to and from work