Travelers Employee Reviews

Great team, great supervisor
Case Manager/ Examiner Trainee (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work was coming in and giving 110%. I take pride is my work, and I am very passionate about completing and meeting my goals.
Top Tier Company
2nd Vice President Strategic Planning & Innovation (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2017
Strategic focused company who is able to provide great opportunities for growth while enabling the right work/life balance for employees. I love my tenure with the company.
Strong stable company
Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 19, 2017
During my tenure at St. Paul Companies / Travelers there was significant change but since I have left the company has been very solid and steady.
Productive and challenging workplace environment
Infrastructure Delivery Services, Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and challenging workplace environment with global presence. IT infrastructure is fluent and new technologies continue to be adopted. Workforce is professional and diverse. Internship and leadership development programs are well received.
Life as a Document Prepper
Kelly Services Contracted Part-time (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day entailed going to my desk and going through a boxes of files, and save for special projects that was it. My co-workers were nice people, and the management was fine. The job itself was not particularly hard, just tedious.
great place to work
claim professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work and love the management. They have awesome benefits. There is so much help here you wouldn't be lost for long.
Very boring, Very nepitistic
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2017
You will probably like your manager, everyone at Travelers is pleasant. The problem is that it is very boring and whenever someone does something wrong management assesses it in a passive-aggressive manner instead of just being straightforward. The work is very boring corporate finance, but the hours are extremely reasonable.Also, 90% of the interns are the children of someone who works there already, which isn't right.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, compensation is ok for interns
Cons
passive-aggressive environment.
Intense work Multiple Company Functions
Case Manager for Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Intense workplace; but absolutely great coworkers but becoming less of a participation at company functions. A unit is overseen by one manager and each unit is very isolated
Pros
Extensive vacation; great benefits
Cons
Disjointed management
Provided work direction, helped with requirement clarification, did analysis/design walkthrough.
Lead Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Travelers is leading business insurance provider in USA. Travelers also provides Personal insurance in terms of auto, home and renters. The project is aimed to design and develop travelers home page and travelers Business application. Under this project .NET framework was upgraded to 4.5.2 and MVC. We also added a module which enables users to share the web page as Email, PDF or on sharing platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Strict Work Schedules
Committed and strong team buil
Business Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2017
Dedicated, strong team builder committed to setting positive tones and ready to embrace challenges. Proactive project manager with the ability to anticipate and head off problems that may jeopardize deadlines, budgets and user acceptance.
Insurance representative trainee (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Everyone is so quick to help out and be supportive of new hires. A lot of training and learning. Make sure to stick to your schedule and always be early.
productive
Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Involved in Planning, Designing, Developing and Executing Test Scenarios for Manual and Automated Test cases
Created Modular Driven Automation Framework from the Scratch
Developed automated test scripts using Selenium and in Java Eclipse
I worked for this company over 20 years ago in Baltimore and Pittsburgh
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2017
I would not be able to give a review for Travellers today, because my experience with them was so long ago. I do not know what their current culture may be like.
Terrible managment.
Risk Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Management in the Boiler and Machinery division is atrocious. Training is less than mediocre. Compensation and benefits are reasonable. Over all, not a pleasant year of work.
Good Experience
Worker's Compensation Claims Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 27, 2016
Travelers was good place to learn the perspective of Worker's Comp department and the expectations of the insurers while on Worker's Comp disability.
Solid Company overall
Agency Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 27, 2016
Great place to start your underwriting career. With no prior insurance experience I was given all of the tools to succeed. The training program was less than desired. The pat 5 years have afforded me the experience in underwriting, process improvement and process development.
Pros
Great benefits, Great work life balance.
Cons
Micro managed more than any other company I have worked for.
Great place!
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh, paDecember 21, 2016
Great company! They paid well and treated us great! In the end, a change in management led to micro managing and that was difficult however, the company over is great!
Pros
treated well, good pay
Cons
micro managing
Productive and fun with my second family
Auto Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 20, 2016
I am so thankful for the experience gained and kept from my time with Travelers. However in 2005 with new management those there for 25 years or longer were being written up and the thought among many was because of the high salary and pensions which was unfortunate to say the least.
Pros
Everything at Travelers was a Pro in my opinion.
Cons
Good compensation for full time emplyees
Research & Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 19, 2016
The company is making good money, the employees have a chance of sharing the profits of the company. 22 business days PTO is very generous.
Established
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 18, 2016
An established company with room for advancement and great compensation. A typical day at work is answering phones for approximately 8 hours. The management is nice however not consistent. The hardest part of the job is answering the phones constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonuses.
Pros
benefits, bonuses
Cons
not consistent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.