Travelers Employee Reviews

Productive and Friendly environment
ETL Tester (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2017
Good work culture, team work, freedom to share your views, area to learn and explore new things. Lots of responsibility and learning opportunities. Give value to lot of hard work.
Good intro for inside sales
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 21, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are OK being on a phone all day being monitored and timed and scored for quality call expectations. Bonus structure is not that great.
Don't Go
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 13, 2017
Stressful, Cutthroat, lots of favoritism! You can never do good enough and it is really micro managed. Co-workers are great, customers are nasty. You're expected to save customers who don't pay their bills.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Micromanaged
Productive company to work for
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 11, 2017
Travelers' was a substantial place to work. I managed to work there for many years. I assisted claims examiners in everyday daily functions in order to benefit and continue the productivity of the office. Benefiting the customer, the claimant and the vendors.
Pros
Very close knit office.
Cons
Corporate Management
System Control Analyst/Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNAugust 10, 2017
The good thing of working for Hartford Life was we had good training and employee development program where each employee takes atleast one training a year.

After doing SAS training, I was able to create a SAS program that generates daily stats for different report within the department.
fun place to work
File Clerk/Office Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2017
I liked working there. Do you work and there are no problems. Everyone is very helpful to each other, at least in department i worked in. I would recommend this place.
Pros
flexibility with work schedule if needed
Cons
N/a
Very large financially stable company
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  remoteAugust 8, 2017
Very large stable company that provides an exciting and rewarding place to work. Field management does a good job in attempting to coach their direct reports and personal development
Summary
Unit Manager - Appraisal (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2017
45-60hr work weeks depending on time of year.
Very results driven.
Good benefits and salary but very little budget for team outings, lunches, etc.
Very little development from the top down. Typically a lot of peer help with training/development.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Results driven. Tend to micro manage
Supportive Work Environment, Extremely Fast-Paced
Claim Analyst - Claims (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 6, 2017
Travelers is a great place to work with excellent benefits. The claims roles are very fast-paced. Luckily management is willing to help when things get too crazy. There is always something to learn. Moving up can be difficult but hard work pays off.
Fast-paced, customer service based job.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2017
Travelers has been a good place to work for me. The pay and benefits are great and my experience with management was very good at all levels. They do an excellent job of working with you and the company makes every effort to ensure that you are adequately trained for the role you fill. The claims rolls present a very fast paced working environment and most of the jobs resemble call center jobs in that that will be how most of your work day will be filled; be it making calls on your own claims or working the phone lines taking calls coming through the queue. You have to be self motivated and flexible as the work flow is constantly changing. I would recommend this position to a person who is very organized and is able effectively manage their work load and doesn't mind spending most of their day on the phones. This is not a position for a person who prefers working face to face with customers and would prefer to spend less time working in an office.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Advancement seems restricted to different claims positions

Want to know more about Travelers?

Ask a question
Productive and fun environment
PI Training & Development Director (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAAugust 3, 2017
I love what I do and enjoy the people I work with on a day to day basis. Travelers is a great company to work for from a workplace culture, management teams and the ability to constantly be learning and building skill sets. The job is constantly changing in a positive way that has kept me challenged enough to stay in training for 13 years. Training is my passion and what I enjoy the most about my job. I am looking for a new career challenge.
Pros
Management, workplace culture, financially strong and respected company in the industry
Cons
Want the company to realize the importance of investing in their training deparment
Productive and knowledgable company
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at The Travelers. I was trained very well on the captive insurance market and the hours were suitable for new mothers. Management was easy to work with.
Great office atmosphere
Claim Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2017
Travelers Insurance is an excellent place to work. Flexible hours and good working environment. Good benefits. Always room for advancement. Supervisors always open to talk to.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Distance to travel for work.
Easy going workflow
Software Engineer (Java) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2017
Easy going workflow and workload.
Big team.
Lenient working hours.
Always helping people.
Very low amount of learning.
Terrible management of resources.
Great company
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2017
Excellent work environment. Management was very supportive and provided plenty of opportunities for career development . Position was a work from home job with a take-home car.
Pros
Leadership and development
Cons
A great company to work for
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAAugust 1, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely leaning something new. always looked forward to that part of my job. also great people in the team I was part of.
Pros
Recognition from management
Cons
Company is flexible when time off needed for personal
Property Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 31, 2017
Travelers provides training to prepare you for the job at hand, employees very friendly and supportive. Round table discussions are done to discuss claims to get co-workers point of view.
Pros
Very flexible with personal time off when needed
Cons
Not as flexible with holiday days
Underwrite a successful agency book of business
Property Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Provide front line risk assessment for company by interfacing with agency plant in the underwriting of new and renewal business. Developed marketing and underwriting efforts in collaboration with agents to increase profitability.
Lip service
Business Analyst and Varies Positions (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2017
Corporate espouses a certain type of culture but the reality is that the managers don't follow it. A lot of the positions in the company have been offshored and onshored.
Pros
paid holidays, paid vacations, benefits
Cons
no job security, stress, poor management
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 23, 2017
Had a great internship experience. Got to travel to the twin cities for an event were we were able to interact with leadership as well as other interns from across the country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.