Travelers Employee Reviews in United States

Fun environment
Remittance Processor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2016
the staff were very friendly to me and everyone else. the pace of the department were fast paced but i enjoyed that very much.
Pros
friendly environment
good co -workers and manager
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 20, 2016
work environment is very good and co -workers are so cooperative.
Enjoying working in travelers.for contractors there is no compensation and benefits available.
great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 17, 2016
typical call center environment, very positive management, happy place to work, company really wants employees taking full advantage of resources for example going back to school, retirement. Management focused on assisting you with your career goals
Travelers had a great compensation package
ICU Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 13, 2016
They changed management often. The management they selected were generally right out of school and did not have a lot of experience. They did not seek to value experience there.
Very supportive
Cognos Architect (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 11, 2016
Good cooperation and encouragement from the management. Highly Motivated. friendly natured. I will not lose the opportunity if I get a chance to work with the same customer.
Good Company poor work life balance
Outside Claim Porfessional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Travelers is a good company within the insurance industry with annually salaries higher than national competitors. Traveler's ask a lot of their employees which sometime causes an extremely poor work and life balance.
Travelers`
Inland Marine Claim Adjuster - Claim (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Promotional opportunities are somewhat limiting. Excellent work life balance and the culture is fantastic to be working in.
Interned
Outside Property Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great experience for an intern. You get to meet and work with a lot of interesting people and it happens in a very fun and exciting city to be in.
An excellent place to work
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 6, 2016
Very good training and support
I learned how to approve my sales following Travelers Underwriting guidelines.
Very friendly co-workers.
Management are very efficient and professional
Pros
Overt time available
Cons
Undewritting department sometimes they have different judment to approve a sale
Learn your position and move to another company
Sr. Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 6, 2016
Productive and long. Not a great place to work when trying to grow in career. Good to learn skills and move to another company
Pros
Great place to learn insurance industry
Cons
Pay is horrible
Fun Place to work
Sr. Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 5, 2016
it is pleasent and fun to work for travelers. the work environment is really good. people of any department are willing to help. you can work from home ,have a good amount of days for PTO/vacation.
Excellent company culture
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 5, 2016
I interned at Travelers and it's a great company. The work culture is really amazing with great focus on work-life balance. Everyone working at Travelers takes great pride in the fact that they work there which I found very inspiring. Plenty of opportunities to grow at the firm and learn from senior leaders.
Pros
Great culture, Good pay
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Western Springs, ILJuly 5, 2016
it is a good place to work with a friendly atmosphere of co workers and some management. work days are fun with a lot of contest to make extra money. at times it could be difficult because sometimes your day could end without a sale.
Pros
free lunches once a month and plenty of extra money
Cons
it was a long drive to and from work
Great place to work, Somewhat Stressful Job
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
People and management are absolutely wonderful, but the claim professional position is definitely a stressful one! Opportunities to move within the company are certainly there, though!
very professional place to work.. very nice managers
Calc specialist (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 3, 2016
typical day at work was going thru your case load, and figuring out which formulas or programs were needed to prove/disprove numbers that people(clients , other areas in Pru) said were not correct. Lots of computer work.
- learned that anything can be figures out and that there is an answe for everything.
-Management was great.
-Co-workers were always there for each other. Great Team!
-I can not think of any hard part, but being part of that team was the best!
Pros
managers and benefits
Cons
system glitches
work environment, time to move up
Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2016
Great company to work for but you have to work for a year before moving up in company. Employee events to get involved in, very diverse group of people.
Pros
employee relation
Cons
moving up with experience
Good pay job with benefits
Bilingual Claims Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2016
Good pay job with benefits but no job security since consistently every year many different department are closing and outsourcing
Cons
poor management
Travelers
Claims Adjuster/Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 21, 2016
This is an awesome company to work for with great benefits. They take care of their employees and want you to move up within the company.
Travelers Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 21, 2016
My job there was a Customer service Rep.
I enjoyed both management & coworkers along with the job itself.
The salary was low for the area but they had good benefits to compensate for low salary.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low salary
Productive but quiet workplace with a lot of down time.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 21, 2016
I get my truck and head to the post office and pick up the mail. Head back to the home office and drop off the mail. then I have about an hour of down time before heading back out to make pickups and drop offs at the other offices and post office again. I get back to the home office to drop off more mail and say hello to my boss and other co-workers that are just getting in to work. From there I take my lunch. I make my runs to the other offices one more time and then my day is typically done. The hardest part of my job is the shift (3:30am-12:30pm). I Usually enjoy the freedom I get from driving around and not having my boss breathing down my neck.