Travelers Employee Reviews

Travelers is a good company with great benefits.
Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 4, 2016
I work in Premium Audit. It is a nice job, very independent. Meet new people. Get to travel. However, this job has no work/life balance. It is very metric based and extremely demanding. Working from home has advantages, however, the work also never leaves. I worked 50+ hours a week and being salary was not really compensated for the time I put in. I had to leave due to extreme stress and having to work so many hours to make production. The management was good, it was the production goals that were unrealistic.
Pros
Make own schedule, flexibility, good PTO and benefits
Cons
Long hours, working from home- never leave work
even amount of pros and cons
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2016
The company is up to date and ok with colored hair, tattoos, body modifications, and self expression to generate a very relaxed culture. Unfortunately, even though certain choices are ok with dress code or the ethics guidelines, there are team members, both front line service and sales and higher ups, that will judge you and formulate a very snarky opinion and not be afraid to show it. Favoritism runs rampant in the Traveler's office, and the work is monotonous. The pay, benefits, and close friends that you get from working there can be worth it.. but its ultimately if you can handle getting paid good money to work in a high school environment.
Very boring, Very nepitistic
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2017
You will probably like your manager, everyone at Travelers is pleasant. The problem is that it is very boring and whenever someone does something wrong management assesses it in a passive-aggressive manner instead of just being straightforward. The work is very boring corporate finance, but the hours are extremely reasonable.Also, 90% of the interns are the children of someone who works there already, which isn't right.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, compensation is ok for interns
Cons
passive-aggressive environment.
Solid Company overall
Agency Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 27, 2016
Great place to start your underwriting career. With no prior insurance experience I was given all of the tools to succeed. The training program was less than desired. The pat 5 years have afforded me the experience in underwriting, process improvement and process development.
Pros
Great benefits, Great work life balance.
Cons
Micro managed more than any other company I have worked for.
Excellent company to work for. The Travelers is a professional and diverse company who provides necessary tools and training to succeed professionally
Claim Legal Cash Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 21, 2016
Great company, well diverse group, offer inhouse training and classes, flexible hours, great vacation, good benefits, offer 401lk, job posting available, opportunity, equal treatment, good locations
Pros
Great opportunity, women leaders, diversity, courses available, training, community involvement, good benefits, good location, advancement?
Cons
More men in leadership roles.
Competitive well compensating work environment
Insurance Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 17, 2016
You are well trained in your job expectations but there are many requirements you are expected to meet. If you preform well, the compensation is generous, but if your performance is average, so is your compensation.
Also, there is a clear separation of powers between upper management and employees which make management intimidating and unapproachable.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
upper management separated from regular employees
Established
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYDecember 18, 2016
An established company with room for advancement and great compensation. A typical day at work is answering phones for approximately 8 hours. The management is nice however not consistent. The hardest part of the job is answering the phones constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonuses.
Pros
benefits, bonuses
Cons
not consistent
Productive and fun with my second family
Auto Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 20, 2016
I am so thankful for the experience gained and kept from my time with Travelers. However in 2005 with new management those there for 25 years or longer were being written up and the thought among many was because of the high salary and pensions which was unfortunate to say the least.
Pros
Everything at Travelers was a Pro in my opinion.
Cons
High Pressure, Low Appreciation, lack of interest in employees.
Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2016
The job has good benefits. Company is full of middle management that micro manages and focuses on outcomes that benefit the company rather than individual customers. Steady presence of '2-faced' employees. Toxic corporate culture.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Horrific Management and Corporate Culture
Intense work Multiple Company Functions
Case Manager for Worker's Compensation (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Intense workplace; but absolutely great coworkers but becoming less of a participation at company functions. A unit is overseen by one manager and each unit is very isolated
Pros
Extensive vacation; great benefits
Cons
Disjointed management

Want to know more about Travelers?

Ask a question
Productive Auto Claim Professional
Auto Claim Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of communication between myself and coworkers and managers. I learn everyday that there are creative and innovative solutions to solve problems. I manage a team of appraisers in efforts to coordinate their daily workloads. The hardest part of my job would be outages in the field, however this is where I get to exercise my strategic mind set. The most enjoyable part of job is know that at the end of the day I've helped our customers!
Great opportunities for mobile employees
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2016
Great opportunities for advancement for employees if mobile. Above average compensation with bonus potential. High expectations that are measurable and achievable. Work/Life balance has been a focus in recent years but still needs balance.
Pros
Salary, Health benefits
Cons
Limited work from home opportunites
very productive environment that employer encouraged team to advance in job career
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50265June 6, 2016
I trained employees on computer system, handled medical only claims and made decisions whether claim was payable or denied and processed accordingly. I later handled up to 6 week loss which involved making payments to patient, followed up on reports from doctors care and processed accordingly. My management staff encouraged us to advance if we proved ourselves. The hardest part of the job was handling injured patients that wanted more or thought they needed the benefits if their claim was denied. The most enjoyable part was knowing i accomplished goals set by myself and management team and moving ahead with career.
Pros
variety of work, advancement in career, great health insurance and benefits
Cons
sometimes had to travel and/or relocate
Good solid company. Bad management. Very much a micromanaging company
Large Account Risk Management/Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Good company but highly addicted to micro-managing its employees. The company paid well and had very good benefits. Was able to work with large, sophisticated construction companies.
Good work environment
Staff Counsel (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Assisted attorney's with Workers' Compensation claims ;learned essential legal skills; good management; loyal employees; unreasonable expectations of a few attorneys; good compensation and benefits
Call center with an Office Space feel.
Customer Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Travelers is a company that educates and gets you prepared for what you will be doing. As an individual you must be structured and able to conform to strict guide lines.
Pros
Training and Benefits
Cons
Timed and recorded.
Terrible managment.
Risk Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Management in the Boiler and Machinery division is atrocious. Training is less than mediocre. Compensation and benefits are reasonable. Over all, not a pleasant year of work.
Working Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work for. Good benefits and accomodating culture. Professional environment with a touch of kindness and understanding. Your treated with dignity.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Slow movement
Family First Workplace
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2016
Great benefits, decent corporate culture and family first. Flexible with scheduling and communication with management.
Unrealistic Expectations and Terrible Management
Inside Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Understaffed for amount of work that expected. Management does not have a clue and was unresponsive to requests for changes. High amount of turnover in our department.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance, Management, Work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.