Travelers

Travelers Employer Reviews

Legal Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great paid time off
Cons: no complaints is the con.
Hard to complain in working for a great company. No complaints. Some of the best benefits and people in the world. Great management, supervisors and coworkers.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: parking
enjoy my job and the people i work for and with on a daily bases. I have learned a lot about finance in the insurance business.
Awful....run
Claims adjuster (Former Employee), TxAugust 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: overall moral low...very high turnover rate
This company is racist. They micromanage and are always bringing you down you can never reach all their metrics and they want your world to be work, work, work. This is an awful company to work for... No loyalty. Run as fast as you can. The pay is good but the stress makes it not worth it.
Auto Liability Unit Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2014
Good place to work, good pay/benefits, diverse employer, challenging job
MIcro-management is the name of this company
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Hunt ValleyAugust 14, 2014
You do not want to work at Travelers. I worked there for 6 years. Everyone in Hartford is a winner, and everyone in Hunt Valley is trying to get a few crumbs. It's horrible.....
High Company Expectations for Production
Claim Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 6, 2014
Pros: paid by-weekly
Cons: downtown saint paul, must pay for parking, does not promote from within
Plan to work full 8 hours with 30 minutes for lunch. Typically, most people do not take brakes unless they are a smoker.

Out dated office equipment, upholstered chairs worn through and casters don't function well.Desk drawers and cabinets don't open and close easily, often dirty, and locks not functioning.

People are hard working individuals, driven – more... with company expectations to produce with little time to converse socially. Management driven by company driven expectations and have little time for individuals or their issues. – less
Don't waste your time.
Insurance Service Rep (Current Employee), KnoxvilleJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro managemet, high stress
I have worked for Travelers for many years and the company has changed so much. Only apply if you like to be micro managed, have seniority not count, alway told what you are doing wrong, crazy matrix in which you are measured, hooked to a phone you cannot get away from unless on your 2-15 min breaks or your 30 min lunch. Schedule change every 6 months.

Over – more... 1/2 the people I know have not had raises in almost 3 years

People are so stress due to the high call volume due to closing 2 business centers and not hiring enough people to pick up the slack. Also when Travelers hires a class of 20 people we are lucky if 10 make it out of training and onto the floor. Once new hires are on the floor taking calls we usually loose 2 or 3 more.

We get about 3 emails a week stating "John Doe no longer works for Travelers we wish him well in his future endevors." – less
Very Silo'ed company with tremendous reinvention of the wheel
Sr. Director Enterprise Information Architecture (Current Employee), Hartford, CT.July 8, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: management is constantly changing and getting fired.
This probably the worst company with the lowest morale and strategic direction I have ever worked at. They could save millions by spend mere thousands but senior & middle management are bumbling fools.
Culture has changed in the last five years
Senior Personal Lines Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good pay (possibly doe) and ability to achieve bonuses
Cons: negative and stressful position with heavy call volume
In 2008 the entire cultural work environment changed under the guise of company growth and product effectiveness. Truthfully there is a much more sinister reason. The company was bleeding and to stop the bleeding, they changed the environment to become call center based. Promotions, raises and bonuses became more competitive and scarce. At one time – more... this was a great company to work for but they are continuously outsourcing despite how hard you work. It is hard to keep up morale with that type of environment even for management. Unbeknownst to new employees they were hired on with lower pay. Tenure is not a factor when it comes to holidays/vacations or pay increases. The corporation does not treat its employees very well. In addition they now force all employees in service to work a rotating weekend and holiday schedule. – less
N/A
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Franklin, TnJune 24, 2014
Pros: nice benefits, (vacation, pension plan, ability to purchase vacation time)
Loved the hours I worked 6:30-3:30..Had some great coworkers!
corporate structure
Senior Construction Risk Control Consultant (Former Employee), Orange, CAJune 21, 2014
provide client services within corporate parameters
knowledgeable coworkers
underwriters make final decisions
Energetic office with Diversity
Life New Business Specialist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: commute to and from work
My position held many responsibilities as I worked in three areas of the department as need was required. Most recently worked on premium payments, learned about the different life products offered by the company while processing life insurance applications, and records management. Management made many demands for change throuoght the day, so being – more... flexible and a team player at a moments notice was key. All my co-workers were great to work with, were also flexible, and we all assisted eachother in processing the work. The hardest part of the job was during absences where we had to not only complete our own work but cover for the absent team member. The most enjoyable part of the job was the comradary and the Events put on by the company for us. – less
Customer Oriented
Claim Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2014
Travelers believes in providing excellent Customer Service, they are extremely customer focused. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the focus on employees.
solid, flexible, risk-averse
Information Engineer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 1, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: very conservative, risk-averse, waterfall processes
This is a decent place to work. Nice people, flexible work arrangements are supported, family-friendly. Heavy processes, old-ish technology.
Pros and Cons
Director of Research & Analytics (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 1, 2014
Pros: profitable company
Cons: pay for your own parking
It's good to have a job at a company that knows how to make money. On the other hand, there is more pressure to produce than at other insurance companies.
great company to work for
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 30, 2014
great company to work for. excellent pay and benefits.

excellent pay and benefits.
It is a reputable company that places high value on customers.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), OhioApril 16, 2014
It is a reputable company that places high value on customers. It puts each customer first when resolving each customer's situation.
Changing Environment
SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 10, 2014
Travelers today is drastically different from the company in 2005.
Enjoyed my job and helping my claimants to get their claims resolved.
Claim Representative (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 26, 2014
I complete first party medical claims for claimants, paid there medical bills, called claimants and medical providers. Did investigations, worked with SIU. Answered phones throughout the day.

I learned how to process first party medical claims. I also learned to be a team player and to help the claimants with any questions they had concerning their – more... claim.

I worked well with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job I would say was when they changed the process.

I enjoyed my entire job, except when the workload got to be overbearing since they did not replace people that were let go. – less
GREAT COMPANY
Medical Provider Appeals Analyst/CSR (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: no growth
I PROCESS MEDICAL APPEALS FOR WORK COMP. THE UNIT IN WHICH I WORK NEED TEAM LEADERS & LESS MICRO MANAGERS. I HAVE AN AVERAGE OF 98.2% QUALITY FOR MY YEARS OF SERVICE W/COMPANY (I CURRENTLY HOLD THE HIGHEST QUALITY & HAS HELD IT FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS) & I'VE DONE ALL THERE IS TO DO @AN APPRENTICE/TENURED LEVEL. OUR DEPARTMENT IS EXPANDING & THERE ARE – more... GREAT OPPORTUNITIES & HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ITS NO GUARANTEE THAT I WILL "MAKE THE CUT". MY COWAORKERS ARE AWESOME. THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB WILL HAVE TO BE; NOT HAVEING THE PROPER RESOURCES TO DO MY JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB IS KNOWING WHAT IM DOING & LOVING WHAT I DO. – less

1 2 3

About Travelers

Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a global leader specializing in business travel management. CWT is dedicated to helping companies – Read more