Travelers Employee Reviews

Unrealistic Expectations &
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  No thanksJanuary 30, 2016
In reference to working within this department, you can expect to be provided unrealistic output requirements. Being paid on a salary basis, expect to spend your nights and weekends as well as any FTO time working to meet the monthly expectations. And if you do not achieve them, you will be placed on warning. Miss them again, and the verbal warning turns to written and so on until you are terminated.

There is no support for newly hired employees in the profession, but who are held to the same guidelines.

There has been a large amount of mid-level management turnover as well. They're jumping off like fleas off of a dog.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No work/life balance, No managerial support - All decisions based on an excel macro.
Dependable
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I am considered a go to person for assisting with special projects. Learning all lines of business was one of my achievements with Travelers Insurance. The most challenging part of my job was multi-tasking high premium accounts with the same deadlines.
Pros
Team Building projects
Cons
Out-dated computer software
N/a
Market Analyst - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 25, 2016
Not applicable at the moment - would not like to submit at this time - overall experience has been good but do not wish to disclose additional information
Claims Processing
Supervisor, Claims Department (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2016
This was my first job. Loved learning about healthcare and claims processing. People and Management are supportive. The company invested 3 months of training and 2 weeks of system training
Pros
people and company
Cons
needed to grow
Upbeat Workplace
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Answer inbound calls in a Customer-Centric culture where co-workers assist you. Management helps with career pathways and the ability to work from home. Mastering the thousands of answers on the intranet takes time to learn and keeps being updated so it can be different tomorrow. The most enjoyable part is helping others and representing the company in a postive way!
Pros
Always free food, snacks and drinks
Cons
Parking and the evening shift.
Great Experience throughout internship
Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Was able to gain great understanding of the company as well as the insurance industry through their training and mentoring process.
Not the place to advance
legal (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 22, 2015
Apply if you don't want to go anywhere in your career don't have family obligations and like to take anti anxiety medication, especially if you enjoy being belittled, judged on your beliefs looks background and if you want to be made feel useless daily! This is your ideal place
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks no flexibility poor management HR policy violations constantly favoritism
The Dream Job for learning and advancement!
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 16, 2015
I initially was hired as the workforce specialist for the Claim Customer Service site in Richmond VA. This was my first experience with working on a virtual team and management. This caused one of the biggest learning opportunity in my career experience. The virtual team role was new for me and I felt myself drowning. Never afraid to ask for help, I reach out to the site director for guidance and mentorship. I also returned back to school to obtain for BS in Business Management. A typical day would include forecasting, scheduling, planning recommendations requiring gap analysis, technical assistance and system acceptance testing
Providing statistical call-center data analysis for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly report standard, formats and procedures.
Delivering presentations and findings for call-center core measurements, statistical data analysis, improvements and control methods to entry level staff, management peers and senior leadership team members. I absolutely adored my virtual team peers and my the site leadership team.
Pros
Learning and obatining new skills, team dynamics, job advancement and forward thinking culture
Cons
N/A
Easy to use
Catastrophic Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
Easy to use. People were amazing. Teams would come together to help others. We started very early and organized out calendars to get to people quickly. I learned that there is something to be learned everyday. I had the most amazing manager who helped me all the time. My co-workers were exactly the same. The hardest part was seeing houses just gone. I enjoyed helping people.
Special Investigative opportunity
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJDecember 12, 2015
Loved working from home. Able to make my own hours. Conducted interviews and travelled throughout the trip-state area.
Pros
work from home
Cons

Want to know more about Travelers?

Ask a question
I learned a lot of new computer systems at Travelers.
Agent support operations (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2015
Travelers gave me the opportunity to succeed and utilize my computer skills in a friendly work environment. A typical day at work would be busy and they would keep you working and the Management was very nice and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow you work history.
Cons
We were laid-off
Account Resolution Analyst - Agency Bill (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 24, 2015
Working at Travelers was a great experience. I learned a lot about the insurance industry and found a love for it. The pay was great and so were the benefits.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of movement because no one leaves
Rewarding
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 21, 2015
A very rewarding employer. Flexible employer with good paid time off benefits.

There is a lot of work for each employee so it is a demanding work load.
the best part of working here
Nurse Case Manager, Workers Compensation (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 21, 2015
The teamwork is terrific.
The company promotes strongly from within.
plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Comprehensive training, and great benefits
Not very busy a lot of down time
assistant (Former Employee) –  PANovember 19, 2015
There was not a lot of help given to me when I started in my position. I was taught by other co-workers but done over the phone since they were located in other parts of the country. The hardest part of my job was finding ways to stay busy. I like to work and I like being very busy and like having great relationships with my boss and co-workers and thrive on my co-workers trusting me to get projects done for them. I feel there is a lack of respect coming from upper management for someone in my kind of position. My manager barely even said good morning to me even on my first day, he definitely was not very approachable either and plays favoritism.
There are other employees that work in other locations were fantastic and very helpful when I was I need of instructions. Their benefits package was fair and they are very understanding that sometimes things in your personal life come up that need attention.
The job culture was pretty good as well.
Pros
great benefits, good vacation/PTO time right from the start
Cons
manager has hard time developing a relationship with his Assistant, not a very busy locations for Admin workload, way to much downtime
Working for travelers was a little disorganized due to the dept being new .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
Other than the role being new to the company , it was a pleasure working with the company. I worked in the call center 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday. Handling claims,process claims, received payments for auto , and home policies.
I would rather sell donuts at D&D than working for Travelers ever again
director of finance (Former Employee) –  HartfordNovember 16, 2015
This is definitely the worst company I ever worked for. The PI leadership team created a culture based on fear and that just brought the worse out of people.
Terrible Company
Auto Damage and Medical Payments Claim Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 15, 2015
Stay away from this company! Terrible management, no work-life balance and high stress! Pay is good but its not worth it.
Pros
Gym, Good Pay
Cons
High stress, Terrible Management, NO work-life balance
Decent Place to work
Insurance Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 11, 2015
All day phone calls. Never had a team meeting. People were quitting left and right. Ridiculous guidelines to adhere to. Understaffed.
Pros
Lunch provided on saturday
Cons
tied to the phone, low moral
Great coworkers, Too much bureaucracy in management
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 7, 2015
The coworkers were all great people and even the management was always looking out for each other however there did seem to be too much bureaucracy. I would recommend as a place to work