Travelers Employee Reviews

Unrealistic Expectations &
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  No thanksJanuary 30, 2016
In reference to working within this department, you can expect to be provided unrealistic output requirements. Being paid on a salary basis, expect to spend your nights and weekends as well as any FTO time working to meet the monthly expectations. And if you do not achieve them, you will be placed on warning. Miss them again, and the verbal warning turns to written and so on until you are terminated.

There is no support for newly hired employees in the profession, but who are held to the same guidelines.

There has been a large amount of mid-level management turnover as well. They're jumping off like fleas off of a dog.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No work/life balance, No managerial support - All decisions based on an excel macro.
Cut throat culture
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2016
You were never given credit for going above the call of duty. Sunday mornings twice a week on salary was required without appreciation.
Pros
Salary and Golf
Cons
Manager and HR
Dynamic work environment and outstanding management system and job advancement and training
Law Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 11, 2015
Great company!! Interested in your Job development and provides training. I mostly enjoyed working with my management team of whom I learned from tremendously personally and professionally. I was introduced to many diverse and challenging tasks! Friendly and supportive management. Overall great work environment !!. Although it was a huge company I always felt part of it!
Pros
Great management ; excellent benefits;job advancement and opportunities
Cons
Work life balance was my challenge as the work hours could be very long at times.
Not very busy a lot of down time
assistant (Former Employee) –  PANovember 19, 2015
There was not a lot of help given to me when I started in my position. I was taught by other co-workers but done over the phone since they were located in other parts of the country. The hardest part of my job was finding ways to stay busy. I like to work and I like being very busy and like having great relationships with my boss and co-workers and thrive on my co-workers trusting me to get projects done for them. I feel there is a lack of respect coming from upper management for someone in my kind of position. My manager barely even said good morning to me even on my first day, he definitely was not very approachable either and plays favoritism.
There are other employees that work in other locations were fantastic and very helpful when I was I need of instructions. Their benefits package was fair and they are very understanding that sometimes things in your personal life come up that need attention.
The job culture was pretty good as well.
Pros
great benefits, good vacation/PTO time right from the start
Cons
manager has hard time developing a relationship with his Assistant, not a very busy locations for Admin workload, way to much downtime
Stable company with outstanding benefits
Agency Risk Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 29, 2015
The company is very conservative however the management team is very supportive. There are a lot of office politics and red tape which is to be expected. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with wonderful peers and managers. The employees really lean on each other for support and on-going training.
Pros
hour lunch breaks, 4 weeks paid vacation with option to purchase another week, benefits start on first day.
Cons
No growth potential in current role
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day meant being constantly busy. I learned a lot of things in the Public Sector underwriting division as an account manager but mostly enjoyed but not limited to communications between agents and company, communications with team members and how important it is to keep communication constructive, pleasant at all times valuing each person's opinion.

The hardest part of the job I would have to say was the constant overflow of business and needing to work overtime continuously in order to keep up. All the account managers were having to do this.

Making sure my employer, my agents and my team members are satisfied with my work, and the most enjoyable part was talking with the agents and being able to answer all their questions and fulfilling their needs.
Pros
excellent health insurance, flexible hours, good pay, jean day, parties and celebrations for birthdays
Cons
overtime
Stable work
Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 24, 2015
You will be working with some of the best co-workers ever. The management works hard at motivating and producing fun parties you. You will always be challenged and continued growth is guaranteed, There is actually room for advancement, you are always encouraged to push yourself to your limits and attain your career goals.
Pros
salary
Cons
stress
Work at Travelers
Account Executive - Select - Entertainment (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 3, 2016
Travelers is an excellent company for new in the insurance industry and seasoned veterans of the business The company is global and offers opportunities for its employees to grow and develop within the organization. Employees are encouraged to move within the company to grow professional and personally. The work environment is very friendly and collaborative.
Pros
Employees can move around to different positions within the company; nice work/life balance, very friendly and collaborative environment
Cons
pay for parking; no amenities at the office; each department is like its own company
very productive environment that employer encouraged team to advance in job career
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IA 50265June 6, 2016
I trained employees on computer system, handled medical only claims and made decisions whether claim was payable or denied and processed accordingly. I later handled up to 6 week loss which involved making payments to patient, followed up on reports from doctors care and processed accordingly. My management staff encouraged us to advance if we proved ourselves. The hardest part of the job was handling injured patients that wanted more or thought they needed the benefits if their claim was denied. The most enjoyable part was knowing i accomplished goals set by myself and management team and moving ahead with career.
Pros
variety of work, advancement in career, great health insurance and benefits
Cons
sometimes had to travel and/or relocate
the best part of working here
Nurse Case Manager, Workers Compensation (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 21, 2015
The teamwork is terrific.
The company promotes strongly from within.
plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Comprehensive training, and great benefits
Appointment Coordinator - Boiler Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 25, 2015
Great company to work for. They have great compensation and benefits for all.

I started here as a temporary employee, with a contract and was hired on mid term. They are very open to what you think may help or advance the deparment.
Productive but quiet workplace with a lot of down time.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 21, 2016
I get my truck and head to the post office and pick up the mail. Head back to the home office and drop off the mail. then I have about an hour of down time before heading back out to make pickups and drop offs at the other offices and post office again. I get back to the home office to drop off more mail and say hello to my boss and other co-workers that are just getting in to work. From there I take my lunch. I make my runs to the other offices one more time and then my day is typically done. The hardest part of my job is the shift (3:30am-12:30pm). I Usually enjoy the freedom I get from driving around and not having my boss breathing down my neck.
A variety of systems to work with, helpful and instructive co-workers and managment staff, beautiful location and an easy comute.
Sr. Administrative Asst. - Personal Ins. Marketing (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 26, 2015
Travelers is an excellent company to work for. They are a five star company with wonderful staff and benefits. Job advancement is encouraged and the management staff assists you in your career advances. Unless there are company changes your job security is not an issue.
Upbeat Workplace
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Answer inbound calls in a Customer-Centric culture where co-workers assist you. Management helps with career pathways and the ability to work from home. Mastering the thousands of answers on the intranet takes time to learn and keeps being updated so it can be different tomorrow. The most enjoyable part is helping others and representing the company in a postive way!
Pros
Always free food, snacks and drinks
Cons
Parking and the evening shift.
Account Resolution Analyst - Agency Bill (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 24, 2015
Working at Travelers was a great experience. I learned a lot about the insurance industry and found a love for it. The pay was great and so were the benefits.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of movement because no one leaves
Company is very welcoming of youth
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 22, 2016
Co-workers finds work is very difficult because processes are very long drawn out and complicated, causing lots of stress for them when management promises delivery of product sooner than what the systems can give them, Stress is very high that some people have succumbed to health issues
Pros
Good place to get feet wet for a year, then go elsewhere
Cons
For the older generation that aren't ready to retire or near retirement age, it's very possible that your days as am employee are numbered
Productive Auto Claim Professional
Auto Claim Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work consists of communication between myself and coworkers and managers. I learn everyday that there are creative and innovative solutions to solve problems. I manage a team of appraisers in efforts to coordinate their daily workloads. The hardest part of my job would be outages in the field, however this is where I get to exercise my strategic mind set. The most enjoyable part of job is know that at the end of the day I've helped our customers!
Professional learning internship experience
Product Pricing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 22, 2016
Interning for this big company was the best experience and opportunity for me as a university student before graduating. This gave me practical insight and lessons on the corporate environment and day-to-day operations as a pricing analyst and underwriter. The capstone projects have concretely built the level of professionalism and a teamwork mindset. It was immensely effective for me to apply what I was currently learning in my major classes and apply them to job tasks in front of my desk at work. Practically applying regional market trends and data in Microsoft Access and Excel was the biggest asset I gained from the Product Planning department.
Pros
Capstone projects, in-house education seminars and team and department meetings
Cons
Short internship period
very professional place to work.. very nice managers
Calc specialist (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 3, 2016
typical day at work was going thru your case load, and figuring out which formulas or programs were needed to prove/disprove numbers that people(clients , other areas in Pru) said were not correct. Lots of computer work.
- learned that anything can be figures out and that there is an answe for everything.
-Management was great.
-Co-workers were always there for each other. Great Team!
-I can not think of any hard part, but being part of that team was the best!
Pros
managers and benefits
Cons
system glitches
Not What I Expected
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 30, 2016
There is NO Work/ Life Balance. They requirements and expectations are HIGH to "Meet" in order to stay a float and or "Exceed" in your job you can't have a LIFE outside of work. Although the Benefits are great, Insurance, PTO, etc. The Compensation is minimum is any! A raise is minimum and not something that would be expected every year. There is NO incentives for accounts bound/ issued, Audits exceeding goal, and or business growth at the end of the year. This was not what I was expecting as I came from Mortgage, in that field/ procession there was incentives all the time. It would push everyone to close more accounts, follow up on the customer surveys etc. Management is also "by the book" there is no "Flexibility" We are all adults working for a "Living" dealing with a micromanaging manager for me is defiantly an adjustment for me. I come from a manager and team that knows what needs to be done at the end of every day. If my job is being done, goals are being met or exceeded I don't feel it's necessary to pay for a "Baby sitter".
Pros
Benefits;
Cons
Management; Min. Compensation/ No Insentives; No Flexibility