Travelers Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Staff Counsel (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Assisted attorney's with Workers' Compensation claims ;learned essential legal skills; good management; loyal employees; unreasonable expectations of a few attorneys; good compensation and benefits
Fun place to work
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Fun place to work and the managers are awesome.
I worked from home in houston texas.
typical day to day work is to answer the phone
accept payment and assists the customer on coverage changes.
The hardest part of the job when there is a customer that's very irate that don't want to hear what they wanted to hear.
the most enjoyable part of my job is people.
Co workers are friendly.
Managers are friendly.
Pros
bonus quarterly
Cons
nothing
Bad place to work
Claim Representative - Property (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Full of managers and not enough workers. Work load is extremely unreasonable as are their various requirements. Micro managed. There have been many long time employees that have left (25 years or more). Moral extremely bad. Stay far away.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2017
I have nothing but positive things to say about working at Travelers Insurance - best company I have ever worked for. Flexible hours, great pay, great people!
Pros
Benefits, pay
Unorganized
Medical/Surgical Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Travelers was a great company to work for. The position was a contract position. The training was very good, I learned a lot of knowledge about additional insurance information.
Great company benefits, but you are just a number
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2017
I had some of the best co-workers, but they lack home life balance. I felt like insurance was a good line of business to be in, but they have cut positions to increase the numbers.
unrealist expectations
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 6, 2017
I was told testing for licenses would be 8 weeks. It was 3 days. It was incredible amount of information to learn so quickly. They do not give you a change to be success. They would save lots more money on representatives they leave. The money you make takes a long time to get the amount quoted to employee.
Pros
testing free.
Cons
work weekends, holidays, nites. no time to learn the materials.
Great Company
Account Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 6, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Travelers for the last 28 years and looking forward to many more years in the Insurance Industry.
Good solid company. Bad management. Very much a micromanaging company
Large Account Risk Management/Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Good company but highly addicted to micro-managing its employees. The company paid well and had very good benefits. Was able to work with large, sophisticated construction companies.
good company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 2, 2017
good company and I am very enjoy and happy working with Traveler. I learned a lot of things e.g how to handled Manual & automatic rating for commercial account.
All work & no play. A very robust environment. Cannot enjoy simply being at work.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 27, 2017
The culture is very traditional, not really adaptable. Doesnt make for an environment where someone can simply be themselves. Wasnt really a relaxed environment!
Pros
Large company
Cons
Can easily get shoved in a box
Overall pretty good
Terminal Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 27, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities to move up in the company. You get to meet so many different people, from so many different walks of life. The down side to working for a company who is busy on the holidays is, you are always working on the holidays.
Pros
You are always moving
Cons
Holidays are the busiest time
Many managers for few workers
Registered Nurse Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 25, 2017
Punitive work environment with little reward. No opportunity for advancement for medical case management unless you only want to become a manager. Punitive style of management. Lack of any independent activity requiring approval for any activities.
Call center with an Office Space feel.
Customer Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Travelers is a company that educates and gets you prepared for what you will be doing. As an individual you must be structured and able to conform to strict guide lines.
Pros
Training and Benefits
Cons
Timed and recorded.
Great team, great supervisor
Case Manager/ Examiner Trainee (Former Employee) –  Diamond Bar, CAJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day at work was coming in and giving 110%. I take pride is my work, and I am very passionate about completing and meeting my goals.
Top Tier Company
2nd Vice President Strategic Planning & Innovation (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2017
Strategic focused company who is able to provide great opportunities for growth while enabling the right work/life balance for employees. I love my tenure with the company.
Strong stable company
Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 19, 2017
During my tenure at St. Paul Companies / Travelers there was significant change but since I have left the company has been very solid and steady.
Productive and challenging workplace environment
Infrastructure Delivery Services, Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 17, 2017
Productive and challenging workplace environment with global presence. IT infrastructure is fluent and new technologies continue to be adopted. Workforce is professional and diverse. Internship and leadership development programs are well received.
Life as a Document Prepper
Kelly Services Contracted Part-time (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day entailed going to my desk and going through a boxes of files, and save for special projects that was it. My co-workers were nice people, and the management was fine. The job itself was not particularly hard, just tedious.
great place to work
claim professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work and love the management. They have awesome benefits. There is so much help here you wouldn't be lost for long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.