Travelers Employee Reviews

Fast paced company
Receivable Account Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 27, 2017
competitive wages
good vacation/pto time off
ok benefits
close to everything downtown (location)
great people to work with
some growth potential
good food in cafe
Pros
good pay
Cons
need to provide more training and update systems
Secure place to work
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 26, 2017
A typical day at work is speaking with our customers about their policies. It is a very fast paced environment.

The hardest part of the job, is making sure we are able to continue to maintain our high level of customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
schedules are always changing
Poor knowledge of State LAw by management team creating a hostile work enviroment
Staff Field Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 25, 2017
NO advancement and poor management team brought in within the last 5 years of my employment with the company. Managers who had no knowledge of the repair industry and laws constantly putting my licenses in Ct in jeopardy. If you were good at what you did there was no advancement within the company. Felt strictly as a number to management.
Great co-workers with strong work ethic and knowledge of industry standards,
Pros
pay package
Cons
no room for advancement and poor management performance and structure
Solid company
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2017
Offers a varied array of jobs to meet most skill sets from call center to executive leadership roles. Believes in promoting internally, creating a positive experience for current employees.
Welcomes Diversity
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 23, 2017
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of opportunities locally. The home office is in another state and there are few departments in the VA office. Promotions sometimes depend on interpersonal relationships and not necessarily the person best suited for the job. A lot of the positions are held by representatives that have held them for decades. It does not allow for promotion until someone retires.
Pros
good benefits, diversity welcomed and celebrated, volunteer opportunities
Cons
few opportunities for advancement
Great Benefits
Auto Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
Travelers is a growing company with growth potential. The work life balance is excellent. They provide many opportunities for community involvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you work with. Management is very hands on and the volume can become very high
Customers are the highest priorty
Auto Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 20, 2017
Travelers Insurance is a great company and has decent compensation and benefits. Travelers places high importance on customer service and satisfaction.
Messy coworker's
Worker's Comp Pre Auth (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
It was a for the moment job. Until something better surfaced. Messy co-worker's that were always trying to set new employees up for failure. Not a pleasant environment at all.
Pros
It was a pay check
Cons
Salary was not competative
Great Company
Senior Director Corp Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 20, 2017
Innovative company with good ethics. I enjoyed working at Travelers very much. The company offers great benefits and its people are very dedicated to the industry.
Personable and enjoyable for a big company
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 17, 2017
A typical day for an intern involved many opportunities for learning, as well as working on projects that were intended to be beneficial to co-workers beyond the intern's time with the company. Folks were excited to have interns as help, and as apprentices. Management was largely enthusiastic about their roles, and very dedicated to the goals of the enterprise, as well as the people involved. Tasks could often be a bit boring and monotonous, however the atmosphere was pretty upbeat for a giant insurance company.
Pros
Decent pay, good atmosphere, committed
Cons
Slow-moving, not always up-to-date
Excellent Work Place
Claim Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
It is a complete joy and pleasure working for Travelers. It is a very inviting atmosphere, they are very flexible and provide opportunities to have a good work life balance.
Pros
Flexibility
inconsistent management
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2017
stated goals are not actual goals.
high management turn over... so none of them know what they want.
coworkers are generally unhappy
combative inappropriate coworkers are not removed or dealt with.
Great company culture
Senior Infrastructure Project manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2017
Great company to work with. Balance work culture environment, opportunity of growth and much more professional advancement.
Good pay and benefits compensation.
Changes in senior management impacted work culture.
Regional Director, Field Training (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 13, 2017
New management brought in a new team. Results tanked. management has since changed. Company is struggling to maintain a operational combined ratio to succeed.
Good Company
Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2017
Travelers is a good place to work for, when in a local office there are plenty of advancement opportunities. Growth is encouraged! The culture they have built makes it a place you enjoy going to everyday.
Great work/life balance, great people
Associate Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 6, 2017
Travelers is a great place to work. A highlight is the emphasis on having a healthy work/life balance - I can work from home as required and work the hours that fit my schedule. We are also given a good amount of paid time off.

I enjoy the challenging work - every day is a new problem to solve. It's very rewarding getting to use the creative side of my brain to solution. Management is very supportive and the facilities are very nice. I think the people I get to work with is part of what makes Travelers great. No one is looking to throw you under the bus. Everyone acts as a team.
Pros
Sufficient Paid Time Off, Quality facilities, New Technology
Cons
Poor compensation model
Great location in downtown Hartford
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 6, 2017
very large company that is located in the middle of downtown giving easy access to mass transportation, eateries and other companies. Diverse group of people to work with
Pros
location
Cons
must pay for parking
Productive and fun place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 5, 2017
Great company and great people - I enjoyed being able to lead the employee volunteer and fund raising events for local non profit organizations. Company provides great benefits
Pros
Flex working hours
Cons
Distance
Good company
Claim Analyst-Subrogation (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 3, 2017
I really liked working here. The promoted from within and gave everyone a fair chance. I was promoted 4 times in my career. It was sad tho when several of us lost our jobs due to restructuring.
Pros
Breaks, lunch
Cons
Good Insurance
Great employer
Catastrophe Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Raeford, NCMarch 3, 2017
Management is very loyal to employees and have helped me transfer from PA to WA to NC. The hardest part is being away from home, but when you are home, the days are enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval