Travelers Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2016
If you have a family don't bother working here. Even with fmla they found a way to fire me. They had no grounds and I kept my unemployment after they contested it.
nice work place
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 17, 2016
Travelers provides opportunities for career growth and development through scholarships and promotions. The General Manager is very experienced and shows respect to staff
good co -workers and manager
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 20, 2016
work environment is very good and co -workers are so cooperative.
Enjoying working in travelers.for contractors there is no compensation and benefits available.
Had a wonderful experience here
Seasonal Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 7, 2016
I had a great overall experience at my summer internship with Travelers. I was able to learn a lot about the insurance business and obtain new skills.
Excellent collaborative company with awesome training
Inside Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAFebruary 21, 2016
Travelers offered a unique transparent work environment and a training program second to none in my experience. They promoted a team based atmosphere. The only issue I would say I had was that the job I had with the company could have been done from home. The technology exists and there are are multiple ways to insure that the work is being completed as necessary. Hiring professionals should rid the company of any concern that working from home would promote a lazy employee. On the contrary, the times I was able to work from home I accomplished more with less in office distractions. I loved Travelers and if I was very successful there. Had I been able to continue to work from home as necessary I would still be there.
Pros
Exemplary training
Cons
Inability to work from home when necessary
Decent place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
I worked in the call center and overall it was a decent place to work. I was only there for a summer internship, so I'm unable to really discuss the atmosphere there.
Pros
Sufficient training
Cons
Overbearing managers
Very supportive
Cognos Architect (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 11, 2016
Good cooperation and encouragement from the management. Highly Motivated. friendly natured. I will not lose the opportunity if I get a chance to work with the same customer.
Unrealistic Expectations &
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  No thanksJanuary 30, 2016
In reference to working within this department, you can expect to be provided unrealistic output requirements. Being paid on a salary basis, expect to spend your nights and weekends as well as any FTO time working to meet the monthly expectations. And if you do not achieve them, you will be placed on warning. Miss them again, and the verbal warning turns to written and so on until you are terminated.

There is no support for newly hired employees in the profession, but who are held to the same guidelines.

There has been a large amount of mid-level management turnover as well. They're jumping off like fleas off of a dog.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No work/life balance, No managerial support - All decisions based on an excel macro.
Overall Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 15, 2016
Great place to work and a fun environment! Very collaborative but there is a lot of politics. Mobility is great and they encourage you not to stay in one area for too long.
Cons
politics
Travelers`
Inland Marine Claim Adjuster - Claim (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Promotional opportunities are somewhat limiting. Excellent work life balance and the culture is fantastic to be working in.
Challenging yet gratifying
Account Executive, Public Sector Services (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2016
The nature of the position requires ALOT of travel. However, management is as supportive as they can be. Overall, Travelers is a great organization to be apart of.
Opportunities are available for hard-working individuals
Information Systems Director (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 15, 2016
Management is generally supportive of employees. Very good company for recent graduates. I work in Information Technology and there are good opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement exist.
Cons
Overtime may be required, especially in leadership positions
Fun environment
Remittance Processor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 22, 2016
the staff were very friendly to me and everyone else. the pace of the department were fast paced but i enjoyed that very much.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Fast paced ever expanding company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 12, 2016
Management of local and national workers compensation accounts. Daily communication with employers, employees, providers, and often attorneys to ensure proper claim handling and determination of benefits.
Interned
Outside Property Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great experience for an intern. You get to meet and work with a lot of interesting people and it happens in a very fun and exciting city to be in.
one of the best to work for
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2016
average office work mutual task billing customer service GREAT PEOPLE to work with lot of cross training good benefits
Pros
Cons
15 mim
Upbeat Workplace
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Answer inbound calls in a Customer-Centric culture where co-workers assist you. Management helps with career pathways and the ability to work from home. Mastering the thousands of answers on the intranet takes time to learn and keeps being updated so it can be different tomorrow. The most enjoyable part is helping others and representing the company in a postive way!
Pros
Always free food, snacks and drinks
Cons
Parking and the evening shift.
Not What I Expected
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 30, 2016
There is NO Work/ Life Balance. They requirements and expectations are HIGH to "Meet" in order to stay a float and or "Exceed" in your job you can't have a LIFE outside of work. Although the Benefits are great, Insurance, PTO, etc. The Compensation is minimum is any! A raise is minimum and not something that would be expected every year. There is NO incentives for accounts bound/ issued, Audits exceeding goal, and or business growth at the end of the year. This was not what I was expecting as I came from Mortgage, in that field/ procession there was incentives all the time. It would push everyone to close more accounts, follow up on the customer surveys etc. Management is also "by the book" there is no "Flexibility" We are all adults working for a "Living" dealing with a micromanaging manager for me is defiantly an adjustment for me. I come from a manager and team that knows what needs to be done at the end of every day. If my job is being done, goals are being met or exceeded I don't feel it's necessary to pay for a "Baby sitter".
Pros
Benefits;
Cons
Management; Min. Compensation/ No Insentives; No Flexibility
I like it
Appraiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2016
I like it. It has good benefits and they treat their employees. Well. It is a well run company. It also has a defined benefits package which is worth a good amount.
Pros
Great benefits. Defined benefits package
Cons
Difficult for advancement
Great company; lots of red tape
Account Executive- Commercial Accounts (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 30, 2016
Lots of internal bottlenecks, but that is typical of any large company. Great culture, good compensation, they care about employees. Might vary by office though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.