Travelers Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent collaborative company with awesome training
Inside Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAFebruary 21, 2016
Travelers offered a unique transparent work environment and a training program second to none in my experience. They promoted a team based atmosphere. The only issue I would say I had was that the job I had with the company could have been done from home. The technology exists and there are are multiple ways to insure that the work is being completed as necessary. Hiring professionals should rid the company of any concern that working from home would promote a lazy employee. On the contrary, the times I was able to work from home I accomplished more with less in office distractions. I loved Travelers and if I was very successful there. Had I been able to continue to work from home as necessary I would still be there.
Pros
Exemplary training
Cons
Inability to work from home when necessary
Great company to work for.
SR. Consultant - TA (Former Employee) –  HArtford, CTFebruary 19, 2016
Talent Acquisition is a great place to work at Travelers. Excellent management team, very supportive always got your back. Very talented group of recruiters. Highly motivated group of people.
Professional and established organization.
Regional Manager - Central Florida (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Enjoyed my career with The Travelers; top-notch training and educational career growth. My only reason for leaving was for career advancement due to The Travelers corporate reorganization.
Opportunities are available for hard-working individuals
Information Systems Director (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 15, 2016
Management is generally supportive of employees. Very good company for recent graduates. I work in Information Technology and there are good opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement exist.
Cons
Overtime may be required, especially in leadership positions
Culture is rewarding
Welcome Team Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 12, 2016
The company is continually finding new ways to excite and rewards its employees. Management is dedicated to helping their team members advance.
Unrealistic Expectations &
Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  No thanksJanuary 30, 2016
In reference to working within this department, you can expect to be provided unrealistic output requirements. Being paid on a salary basis, expect to spend your nights and weekends as well as any FTO time working to meet the monthly expectations. And if you do not achieve them, you will be placed on warning. Miss them again, and the verbal warning turns to written and so on until you are terminated.

There is no support for newly hired employees in the profession, but who are held to the same guidelines.

There has been a large amount of mid-level management turnover as well. They're jumping off like fleas off of a dog.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No work/life balance, No managerial support - All decisions based on an excel macro.
Dependable
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
I am considered a go to person for assisting with special projects. Learning all lines of business was one of my achievements with Travelers Insurance. The most challenging part of my job was multi-tasking high premium accounts with the same deadlines.
Pros
Team Building projects
Cons
Out-dated computer software
N/a
Market Analyst - Product Management (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 25, 2016
Not applicable at the moment - would not like to submit at this time - overall experience has been good but do not wish to disclose additional information
Claims Processing
Supervisor, Claims Department (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2016
This was my first job. Loved learning about healthcare and claims processing. People and Management are supportive. The company invested 3 months of training and 2 weeks of system training
Pros
people and company
Cons
needed to grow
Upbeat Workplace
Customer Service Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Answer inbound calls in a Customer-Centric culture where co-workers assist you. Management helps with career pathways and the ability to work from home. Mastering the thousands of answers on the intranet takes time to learn and keeps being updated so it can be different tomorrow. The most enjoyable part is helping others and representing the company in a postive way!
Pros
Always free food, snacks and drinks
Cons
Parking and the evening shift.
Great Experience throughout internship
Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 5, 2016
Was able to gain great understanding of the company as well as the insurance industry through their training and mentoring process.
Great Company
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 30, 2015
This is a excellent company to work for and the environment is fantastic. The executives are on top of the business and teamwork is highly recommended. The hardest part of the job is communication across all departments/
Pros
Employee Quality
Cons
Hours
Average
Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 28, 2015
I don't believe this work was hard at all very self explanatory and repetitive this position was a team effort, and everyone was like family.
Not the place to advance
legal (Current Employee) –  New YorkDecember 22, 2015
Apply if you don't want to go anywhere in your career don't have family obligations and like to take anti anxiety medication, especially if you enjoy being belittled, judged on your beliefs looks background and if you want to be made feel useless daily! This is your ideal place
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short breaks no flexibility poor management HR policy violations constantly favoritism
The Dream Job for learning and advancement!
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 16, 2015
I initially was hired as the workforce specialist for the Claim Customer Service site in Richmond VA. This was my first experience with working on a virtual team and management. This caused one of the biggest learning opportunity in my career experience. The virtual team role was new for me and I felt myself drowning. Never afraid to ask for help, I reach out to the site director for guidance and mentorship. I also returned back to school to obtain for BS in Business Management. A typical day would include forecasting, scheduling, planning recommendations requiring gap analysis, technical assistance and system acceptance testing
Providing statistical call-center data analysis for daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly report standard, formats and procedures.
Delivering presentations and findings for call-center core measurements, statistical data analysis, improvements and control methods to entry level staff, management peers and senior leadership team members. I absolutely adored my virtual team peers and my the site leadership team.
Pros
Learning and obatining new skills, team dynamics, job advancement and forward thinking culture
Cons
N/A
Easy to use
Catastrophic Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
Easy to use. People were amazing. Teams would come together to help others. We started very early and organized out calendars to get to people quickly. I learned that there is something to be learned everyday. I had the most amazing manager who helped me all the time. My co-workers were exactly the same. The hardest part was seeing houses just gone. I enjoyed helping people.
Special Investigative opportunity
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJDecember 12, 2015
Loved working from home. Able to make my own hours. Conducted interviews and travelled throughout the trip-state area.
Pros
work from home
Cons
I learned a lot of new computer systems at Travelers.
Agent support operations (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2015
Travelers gave me the opportunity to succeed and utilize my computer skills in a friendly work environment. A typical day at work would be busy and they would keep you working and the Management was very nice and knowledgeable.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow you work history.
Cons
We were laid-off
a enjoyable place to work.
account manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 1, 2015
place with supportive management., beneficially to employee and committed to consumers. a job that will allow you to grow.
Appointment Coordinator - Boiler Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 25, 2015
Great company to work for. They have great compensation and benefits for all.

I started here as a temporary employee, with a contract and was hired on mid term. They are very open to what you think may help or advance the deparment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelers. Our community is ready to answer.