Travelex

Travelex Employee Reviews

Travelex is a high quality company
Washington State Sales Manager (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Comissions
Cons: Long hours
Travelex is a sales focused organization that rewards the motivated high achieving professional.

The job does require lots of travel and a strong work ethic.
fun to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), new york, nyMarch 25, 2015
the workplace is very productive. Overall rating I will give it 3. the benefits are only for full timer and yet its not full benefits. I can't really say if the job is secure. There are not much advancements. Management is really unprofessional.
Fun and exciting company
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2014
Awesome benefits package, awesome place to work got laid off wish i could go back.
a
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), new york, new yorkJanuary 10, 2014
This is a large company at which you can learn a lot since the environment is more of a small office feel.
Great place
Sr Sales Analyst/ Business Development Lead (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Good Technical Knowledge
Great Team
Great Management
Good Knowledge Sharing
Built a great team
Never a dull moment working at Travelex
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 28, 2013
Pros: airport location
Cons: commute was terrible
Balance a great amount of different Currency, from all around the world. I learned a lot about sales working for travelex. Management was outstanding, co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the 2 hour commute everyday. Great Management, great co-workers..
Poor job, poor pay
Global foreign exchange specialist (Current Employee), west midlandsNovember 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything.
Only been working at a supermarket bureau for a couple months. Horrific how Travelex treat their staff. Pressure to sell sell sell. and when we don't sell, or meet our targets asked why we haven't sold anything and treat it likes it our own fault. Pressure to sell Cash Passports and Travellers cheques and to talk to customers and ask them 1000 questions before you can give the currency to customers. makes me and the customer feel uncomfortable.

meant to have 30 day checks where you talk to the team leaders. Had my 30,60,90 day review done in one day. didn't realise we had objectives to meet. and being "observed". which is stupid as the most time ive spent with my team leader was the doing my training (if you can call it that) when i first started the job. so i dont have a clue how i can be observed. I was then told my probation was to be extended for another month. This is due to not talking to customers even though my sales and product sales are up to scratch. so clearly im doing something right.

Recently was told that i had to transfer to another bureau. I have a drivers licence but don't have contact with a car. this will make my journey in total of approx 2 hours there and 2 hours back with a total of 6 buses. When asked if i could think about the fact i was moving to another bureau and get back to her with my answer was told "No, the decision has been made. You haven't a choice". I was left pretty fuming. as buses are not cheap, i would spend most of my wages on getting to and from work (what with the poor pay). Im a 21 year old who has just returned from University so – more... income is important right now. Couple of phone calls later was asked if i was happy with the decision, i was not and told her so and said i was not moving to the other bureau. was told by my team leader that she would fight for me to stay at the bureau i am at. Couple of hours later got sent an email with a new rota in. Complety wiped out of the bureau i work at and added in the bureau they want me to work for. even after telling her i was not moving to the other bureau. Now its making me feel like that if i dont go to this other bureau that i havent got a job at the bureau im working for now.

all in all don't accept employment. I am trying to get out this mess but having no luck. – less
Meet fun interesting travelers, exchange their currency and hear great stories!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 12, 2013
Great place to work, I met amazing travelers, learned about they countries they visited and had a overall great work experience.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), memphis, tnOctober 10, 2013
Pros: awesome work environment
Very flexible work hours
management was great
Very understanding manager
self paced learning environment
Foriegn currency exchange
basic business services, such as western union transactions, storage, etc...
Always interesting.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Newark, New JerseyAugust 31, 2013
There is never a dull moment as I work in the airport so there are always new challenges and interesting travelers to look at.
Worse job I have ever had
Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, CAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: decent pay, at first
Cons: zero appreciation, and no support from hr
Complete lack of leadership at the senior level, zero work/life balance, and impossible expectations. Hard work is not rewarded, and management will steal ideas of employees, and present them as their own. Senior management will also take credit for cost saving ideas, which were driven by subordinates.
jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), Kenner, LAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: geting to meet all kinds of new people
Cons: earned “top seller” for two consecutive quarters in 2011.
Travelex was a very exciting place to work i've learn alot working there Recording all information that’s required, Filing Documents and Receiving Order's. Organized weekly sales reports for the sales department to track product success. Answered questions regarding store and products, while maintaining knowledge of current sales and store promotions. current
over all I've learn alot from all my past jobs,
Best job ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: early hours
Cons: sometimes had to work alone
I enjoyed working for Travelex and was always happy there. There were incentives for making goals and the people were great.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2012
Pros: learning about different cultures and money
Cons: currency exchanging is not very consistent depending on traveling seasons.
Working at Travelex you meet people of many different cultures. It is great and the diversity in people is something I will always remember
Expect to be treated like an adult.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 13, 2012
Pros: lots of independence.
Cons: there are many shifts that end well into the night.
A typical day at Travelex would be seeing your foreign and domestic cash balances and making note of whats available to be sold. You learn how to find nuanced ways of upselling and that even small sales can become huge if you educate the customer properly. Expect to be given lots of independence branches don't have a supervisor there 24/7 but rather your expected to drive results through sales performance. Hardest part of the job would be being able to keep busy during the slow times without any foot traffic, and the most enjoyable would be all the different kinds of people you'll meet by working at the airport.
Easy and Complicated At the Same Time
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2012
Some locations are very busy due to customer volume, but other locations are also slow due to lack of customers. Management is nice and helpful. Overall, the environment is chaotic.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Consultora de Ventas (Former Employee), New York,NY,usaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: seguro medico
Cons: no había contras
manejo de grande cantidades de dinero en la caja y trato directo con el cliente

About Travelex

Foreign exchange is at the heart of our business. We make at least one foreign exchange transaction a second which means that – Read more

Travelex Salaries