Travelocity Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful and talented people who love and live the brand and industry
Destination Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2015
Through any challenge this team has continued to show their resilience and amazing talent. Cohesive teams provide a fun and creative environment that allows every person in the company have input and feel valued.
Pros
People, Benefits, Free Drinks, Pizza Friday, and frequent working lunch provided sessions.
Cons
Commute
Casual
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Typical work day would be assisting customers with travel arrangements. Book flights, car rentals. Contacted airlines if needed. Management was monitoring when you signed off phones or went on standby. Hardest part of job was airlines not cooperating with customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was finding out the different places customers were traveling to.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Management controlled
What Ive Learned!
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 24, 2015
Working at Travelocity has helped me to better my customer service skills all around, I am able to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds. I have also learned to multi task very well, for example working between multiple screens on the computer and handling the call with the best customer service.
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 31, 2015
Your typical call center with little to no knowledge before going on the phones. The company can not teach you everything though. The systems were funky at times.
Pros
Meeting my wife there!
enjoyable workplace
Employee Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job helping fellow employees finding the best airfare and hotels to make it easier for them to find new clients for Traveocity.
travel job
customer service support supervisor, (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaJune 25, 2015
this job was wonderful we got to interact with the clients and make their dreams of vacation come to life we also solved travel issue with hotel and flight .
Great place, but Expedia owns it now
Training (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 21, 2015
I worked for over 10 years for Travelocity. Best job I ever had. Went through ups and downs over the years but upper management was always great. (Mid management had its challenges at time).

But Travelocity is really no more. We it is, but it is owned and run by Expedia now, so I guess this is a moot point because this review is for Sabre Holdings (prior owner of this company).
Pros
chance for advancement, good pay, great working from home benefits for some
Cons
mid management was not always great.
No stability
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2014
this job wasnt a pleasant experience, management was unfair no career advancement and poor stability company closed shortly after I left
fast paced envoirnment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of a variety of tasks including supporting the sales team and the E.V.P of Marketing. The hardest part of the job was no advancement, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of duties and travel.
Travel Industry
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 13, 2014
I handled sales and customer service phones calls. It was an overall good call-center environment. I worked with several other reps and management.
Pros
awarded for good phone calls and sales.
Cons
shift bids and management changes
Training was fun but the job was difficult.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 10, 2014
Typically I worked full time, night shifts. I were isolated in a cubical taking calls from sometimes very difficult customers. If you had questions the people you'd call were frequently rude, and unhelpful. Until you could get past the learning curve and feel comfortable doing things like changing flights it was a very difficult and there was a high turn over rate.
Travelocity
Front Line Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
Travelocity is a very great company to work for they are amazing from managers to co-workers. it is a very friendly caring environment. Working a velocity is fun you forget its work because of daily activies and involvement of others and peers.
4 Month Contract
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2014
Job completed remotely after 1 week visit. Working remotely was difficult.
Pros
nice people
Cons
remote effort was difficult to execute.
Fantastic Employer and Opportunities
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
This company was a very valued employer, and I wish I had survived it's organizational restructure.
Productive and fun place to work
Contributor Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 8, 2014
I loved my job at Travelocity and this was a wonderful place to work. I started working entry level and the advancement and opportunities were there as long as you put in the work. This job has taught me what a career is not just a job. My typical day was working technical issues that were submitted by agents and customers. I would determine if they were actual errors or issues that were working as should be. I would preform Mystery Calls to make sure the agents were following proper protocols and had many faq's updated or more information out so the agents can perform their jobs better. The people at Travelocity were considered family, they are what made the job even better. The hardest part of my job was digging in deep and finding what caused the errors, this was a lot of trial and error, but even though it was the hardest it was something I loved as well.
Pros
benefits, vacation time, employees
Poorly Run but a good company
Senior Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 6, 2014
There are some very talented teams, but the company has been poorly run from the top. The only reason they are still operating is because it is owned by Sabre which has a monopoly. The business is more concerned with keeping a green rating on the building than keeping the people employed.
Pros
very lenient, allows working from home
Cons
no cubes-all open work space with little walls, no trash cans at desk and very little drawer space.
Same company, different department
Executive Resolutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I loved working in as an Executive Resolutions Coordinator.Consumer Relations Associate. I was able to write emails to customers and companies and kept up on my communication skills.
its a job but not easy to keep
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 24, 2014
very hard on employees...not family oriented. management is very difficullt to please and there are a lot of clicks in the company., only advancement is if you are dating and or llked by management. if you want to advance you have to kiss alot of but.
Pros
nothing free
Like working with family
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Not limited by the Business Analyst role. Took the lead when the opportunity presented itself and led projects through to successful completion. I functioned in a analyst, project management and market manager roles. Worked with external clients (huge hotel chains and channel managers, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, DerbySoft, HBSi, Disney, MGM Grand, to name a few) as the liaison. Managed projects using the Agile methodology - creating the project, adding and managing stories, facilitating SCRUM meetings and end of iteration demos.

In Travelocity I learned about web applications, SEO, floodlight tagging, cookies, marketing and driving traffic to the website.

Hardest part of the job was the work/life balance - there wasn't any - a typical work week was at least 60 hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers whether in Pennsylvania or local - we had a good time through stressful situations.

Management is non communicative - current management. Previous management was wonderful - transparent and let us know what was happening and would always keep us in the know.
Pros
casual environment, 5.5 weeks vacation
Cons
hours and drive (45 mins without traffic)
Exciting and Challenging to help plan vacations for families.
Associate Customer Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PAJanuary 9, 2014
Company was very good at treating employees with respect. Managers are very knowledgeable about various matters and are very professional. My days were very busy, taking many calls that ranged from booking flights to entire vacation packages. Hardest part of the job was working with the customer to get the right package for their needs within budget. Planning and booking vacations was very exciting and was the most enjoyable part of my job. Co workers also were helpful when I needed help and they had the right information needed that reduced the time on the call looking it up myself.