Travelocity Employee Reviews

Good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2016
This was a good company to work for and it was too bad that it was sold to two other travel companies. Enjoyed working there. It had good morale and was a top company in San Antonio to work for. Good benefits
Pros
One of top 10 companies in San Antonio
Cons
It was short lived due to having to seel.
Great training
LEISURE TRAVEL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Plains, PASeptember 2, 2016
ok work place all leisure travel.. But commission month to month was changed by supervisor team...I enjoyed selling the product learned alot but didnot like how they managed commission sales amount monthly....
Pros
educated in so many Travel destinations
Cons
salary scale
I enjoyed working there.
Travel Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Inbound call center, log in and start. Say hi to everyone. Review new information for travel and company directives. Review on going projects. Take a call, start a conversation with the customer using question to divine what they are looking for make suggestions and give them options, then book their travel experience. Hardest part; trying to solve complaints and problems of my customers, or explaining why we can't. Most enjoyable; Satisfied customer and compliments.
Pros
talking to people, solving the puzzel
Cons
time limitations
Wonderful and talented people who love and live the brand and industry
Destination Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2015
Through any challenge this team has continued to show their resilience and amazing talent. Cohesive teams provide a fun and creative environment that allows every person in the company have input and feel valued.
Pros
People, Benefits, Free Drinks, Pizza Friday, and frequent working lunch provided sessions.
Cons
Commute
Casual
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2015
Typical work day would be assisting customers with travel arrangements. Book flights, car rentals. Contacted airlines if needed. Management was monitoring when you signed off phones or went on standby. Hardest part of job was airlines not cooperating with customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was finding out the different places customers were traveling to.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Management controlled
What Ive Learned!
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 24, 2015
Working at Travelocity has helped me to better my customer service skills all around, I am able to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds. I have also learned to multi task very well, for example working between multiple screens on the computer and handling the call with the best customer service.
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 31, 2015
Your typical call center with little to no knowledge before going on the phones. The company can not teach you everything though. The systems were funky at times.
Pros
Meeting my wife there!
enjoyable workplace
Employee Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
I loved my job helping fellow employees finding the best airfare and hotels to make it easier for them to find new clients for Traveocity.
travel job
customer service support supervisor, (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Barre, PaJune 25, 2015
this job was wonderful we got to interact with the clients and make their dreams of vacation come to life we also solved travel issue with hotel and flight .
Great place, but Expedia owns it now
Training (Former Employee) –  San AntonioFebruary 21, 2015
I worked for over 10 years for Travelocity. Best job I ever had. Went through ups and downs over the years but upper management was always great. (Mid management had its challenges at time).

But Travelocity is really no more. We it is, but it is owned and run by Expedia now, so I guess this is a moot point because this review is for Sabre Holdings (prior owner of this company).
Pros
Chance for Advancement, Good Pay, Great working from home benefits for some
Cons
Mid management was not always great.
No stability
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2014
this job wasnt a pleasant experience, management was unfair no career advancement and poor stability company closed shortly after I left
fast paced envoirnment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of a variety of tasks including supporting the sales team and the E.V.P of Marketing. The hardest part of the job was no advancement, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of duties and travel.
Travel Industry
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 13, 2014
I handled sales and customer service phones calls. It was an overall good call-center environment. I worked with several other reps and management.
Pros
Awarded for good phone calls and sales.
Cons
Shift bids and management changes
Training was fun but the job was difficult.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 10, 2014
Typically I worked full time, night shifts. I were isolated in a cubical taking calls from sometimes very difficult customers. If you had questions the people you'd call were frequently rude, and unhelpful. Until you could get past the learning curve and feel comfortable doing things like changing flights it was a very difficult and there was a high turn over rate.
Travelocity
Front Line Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
Travelocity is a very great company to work for they are amazing from managers to co-workers. it is a very friendly caring environment. Working a velocity is fun you forget its work because of daily activies and involvement of others and peers.
4 Month Contract
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2014
Job completed remotely after 1 week visit. Working remotely was difficult.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Remote effort was difficult to execute.
Fantastic Employer and Opportunities
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
This company was a very valued employer, and I wish I had survived it's organizational restructure.
Productive and fun place to work
Contributor Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 8, 2014
I loved my job at Travelocity and this was a wonderful place to work. I started working entry level and the advancement and opportunities were there as long as you put in the work. This job has taught me what a career is not just a job. My typical day was working technical issues that were submitted by agents and customers. I would determine if they were actual errors or issues that were working as should be. I would preform Mystery Calls to make sure the agents were following proper protocols and had many faq's updated or more information out so the agents can perform their jobs better. The people at Travelocity were considered family, they are what made the job even better. The hardest part of my job was digging in deep and finding what caused the errors, this was a lot of trial and error, but even though it was the hardest it was something I loved as well.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation Time, Employees
Poorly Run but a good company
Senior Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 6, 2014
There are some very talented teams, but the company has been poorly run from the top. The only reason they are still operating is because it is owned by Sabre which has a monopoly. The business is more concerned with keeping a green rating on the building than keeping the people employed.
Pros
Very lenient, allows working from home
Cons
No Cubes-All open work space with little walls, No Trash Cans at Desk and very little drawer Space.
Same company, different department
Executive Resolutions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 3, 2014
I loved working in as an Executive Resolutions Coordinator.Consumer Relations Associate. I was able to write emails to customers and companies and kept up on my communication skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelocity. Our community is ready to answer.