Travelport Employee Reviews

Leadership and management was OK, went through a lot of changes
Director, Product Marketing and Management (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 7, 2017
Company was run by ex-private equity team. Did not have much experience in leadership and management. Too many changes in management, company was a tough place to work at.
Corporate culture has changed since this company went public
Senior Software Development Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 2, 2017
It all depends on your manager. I found some managers are too bossy and has discouraged free thinking and thwarted creativity. Company is also trying to outsource a lot of the jobs. A lot of cost cutting going on. Used to be a very good place to work but it is now declining.
Pros
working remote and nice bonus
Cons
outsourcing jobs
It is the best place to work
Sr. AWS & DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 17, 2017
The management is really good and the colleagues are very friendly as well as supportive in working aspect, loved working in TravelPort it is the best place to learn.
Company is changing
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Travelport is a company that is continually changing. Upper management is constantly changing the structure of the various groups leading to confusion and frustration of the staff.
Tough environment with little opportunity for growth
Senior Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
Most of Travelport's employees are close to retirement age or very young. The new management team closed the Kansas City Office and laid off a lot of the development talent in favor of off shore outsourcing.
Productive and fun place
Senior Software Developer Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2017
Productive and fun place, this is the company with lot of great IT professionals using latest tech ologies and adapting to ever chnaing IT rules and regulations
Look somewhere else
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2017
Work/life balance is horrible. Expected to work weekends and all hours day and night. The ability to progress in your career is non-existant. Virtual employees are ignored. No jobs for virtual employees. Salary is anemic and supposed bonuses are a joke. Annual raises are sad.
Overview
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2017
I think TRPT has potential to be a great company, but it feels like the company was stagnant for many years and they are trying to recover now from it.
Working Environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2016
Excellent place to work and great working environment. Management is supportive and can be trusted to a certain extent as doing the right things by employees.
Sr. Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2016
Good company, not a lot of room for advancement. Some interesting projects to work on but then becomes stale. Fun co-workers
Great work/life Balance
Financial Analyst FP&R (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2016
I really enjoy Travelport, other workers are kind, work load can be demanding, yet very doable. Travelport business is moving slowly and progressing with technology. Systems are old and need upgrading. Not a lot of training.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Love my job
Senior Administrator and programs coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 21, 2016
I've been very lucky to work for wonderful bosses here at Travelport. I've been given good feedback, fair treatment, great work life balance and growth opportunities.
Excellent Culture
Program Manager / Project Manager / SCRUM Master (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 26, 2016
Excellent Culture, great people. Very skilled staff in a very complex system. Quality management and great place to work
Pros
Great Culture
Flexible Work life balance but very little direction
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Travelport offers flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home. However, there is almost no direction or training provided. The people are nice, but much of the workforce is near retirement age.
The vacation time packages are awful.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
awful PTO packages, little training or direction
fun work palce
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 15, 2016
we had very fun place
and had good team work with supportive management.
we support each other in team members and made good work environment.
Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 15, 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Internship
Intern Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 26, 2015
I worked for about 8 hours a day. I learned CSS, html, and jsp. My coworkers, mentors, and manager were always friendly and looking to help me learn. It was very rewarding seeing your code/fixes actually being used while you were there. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, they were friendly and always had something to share. I learned a lot during my internship from new languages, coding procedures, version control, etc. Definitely good company to be an intern for.
Supportive work place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, MO, USAOctober 20, 2015
Very supportive management and co-workers with ample opportunities to grow travel domain knowledge along with technical expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Billing system UNIX admin
Sr. Lead Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 22, 2015
Travelport proved difficult in the aspect of having o work both US and UK hours. I enjoyed many portions of my job but not all.
Very good work place with supportive and caring Management
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 12, 2015
I started my career with Travelport and enjoyed a lot workng with this company as Intern, because management was supportive and learned a lot of things from manager, mentor and all my colleagues. My manager and HR are very responsible and caring on me. I am completely happy with this experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travelport. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval