Travelport Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work, but due to multiple attempts to IPO the company has suffered repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Consulting Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  COAugust 26, 2015
As my most recent position was through a 1099 contract, I can't speak about (or rate) the benefits and job security portions. I have had a great experience with this company and the lower level employees and management. I can't comment about upper manamgent as I have not had any interaction with them. The company is currently undergoing restructuring and work force reductions due to the latest IPO attempt.
Pros
Good people, fun and interesting projects
Cons
Repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 15, 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Very good work place with supportive and caring Management
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 12, 2015
I started my career with Travelport and enjoyed a lot workng with this company as Intern, because management was supportive and learned a lot of things from manager, mentor and all my colleagues. My manager and HR are very responsible and caring on me. I am completely happy with this experience.
Flexible Work life balance but very little direction
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Travelport offers flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home. However, there is almost no direction or training provided. The people are nice, but much of the workforce is near retirement age.
The vacation time packages are awful.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
awful PTO packages, little training or direction
Supportive work place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, MO, USAOctober 20, 2015
Very supportive management and co-workers with ample opportunities to grow travel domain knowledge along with technical expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Senior Corporate IT Recruiter
Senior Talent Corporate Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2013
• Travelport has a RPO(Recruiting Process Outsourcing) through Randstad SourceRight
• Working directly with hiring managers from the approval process of the requisitions to the offer stage.
• Recruiting Cyber Security Identity Management Architects, C#.Net Developers, UNIX Network Engineers, Technical Project Managers, Business, Websphere WAS Administrators.
• Surpassing recruiting goals over 120% for the past six months
• Generating an average of $110K per month in new hires, internal transfers, and contracting assignments.
• Sourcing candidates through various channels such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Monster, Google, CareerBuilder, Dice, etc
• Weekly and Bi-weekly intake and update calls with hiring managers
Pros
supporting hiring managers in different countries
Cons
compensation is still behind market value
Productive and professional Place to Work
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Langley, ENGJune 19, 2013
Laissez faire work place where employees are expected to perform their duties in a timely manner and to a high standard.

I learned prioritisation and self management.

The management are highly professional, helpful and interested in the employees career development.

The co-workers were very friendly and willing to offer assistance and advice for the greater good of the team.

The job wasn't without its challenges but there was no hard part about it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work culture and the atmosphere. I also enjoyed learning about different rules and regulations that led to my personal progression.
Internship
Intern Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 26, 2015
I worked for about 8 hours a day. I learned CSS, html, and jsp. My coworkers, mentors, and manager were always friendly and looking to help me learn. It was very rewarding seeing your code/fixes actually being used while you were there. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, they were friendly and always had something to share. I learned a lot during my internship from new languages, coding procedures, version control, etc. Definitely good company to be an intern for.
Great Idea but poor management
MS Project Server Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJuly 21, 2015
I was a contracted for Travelport for nearly a year and all I can say is I never look back! Some of the people are very nice others not so much. This is not a team environment for like "dog eat dog". It wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance is very good
Cons
Team Memeber and Technology
Good company
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJune 24, 2015
The company is on the cutting edge of technology. The employees work well in team settings. The company is very mature in it's workforce. A lot of knowledge could retire in the next 5 to 8 years.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Training funds are low.
Great Culture & Work/Life Balance
Principal InfoSec. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Somewhere waaaay down south. Way down yonder, son!July 25, 2012
Travelport is a great company to work for if you value a great culture and work/life balance.

Their benefit package is quite inviting as well; however, you'd want to pay attention to their financials since Travelport is principally owned by a private equity firm. So peel the layers if you're thinking long term.

Overall, good company to work for. The CIO is looking to progressively place the company as an industry leader.
Good place to wotk.
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  EnglewoodJuly 1, 2015
Travelport is good place to work.Full of talented people.Management is secret. Senior Leadership's vision are not clear to lower level people.
Good Internation company
Buyer for Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for an organization with the parent company in the UK. I learned international purchasing laws and set up relationships that have lasted past my employment with Travelport.
My typical work day consisted of reviewing and negotiating requisitions with suppliers, then contracting through purchase orders.
I assisted many levels of management to procure goods and services for the function of the day to day business as well as special projects and build outs.
I worked closely with the internal teams for supply and demand purchases, reviewed and scored vendor quotes.
Pros
many levels of interaction in daily duties
Cons
no growth opportunity
Billing system UNIX admin
Sr. Lead Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 22, 2015
Travelport proved difficult in the aspect of having o work both US and UK hours. I enjoyed many portions of my job but not all.
Technical Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 27, 2013
Making all the reports and fixing all the broken computers. checking all the broken/used computers and checking all the programs. Finishing all the tasks that my intern boss gave me.

I learned a lot of stuff such as fixing all the hard-drive, software and broken computers. Also how to handle all the missing programs.

The Management are very great. they are very organized. they make sure all the work gets done on time.

the hardest part of the job is, it is very hard if I am dealing with hard tasks and making everything on point.

the most enjoyable part of this job intern is I learned a lot of stuff and this is what I want to do in the future. I enjoy every single day I come to work because I enjoy and love what I am doing.
It is a good company to work for
Full time SCM Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Travelport, nice environment and people. I spent four and half years working at this company and previously I worked there for two and half years.
In crisis
Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2012
Travelport has a wonderful history, but not much of a future. Travel distribution is changing quickly, and intermediaries like Travelport are being eliminated from the distribution chain.

A series of transactions subsequent to the private equity deal that took the company private left Travelport with a crippling debt burden. With the recent loss of United Air Lines as a hosting client, Travelport is left without a major hosting contract, and few strategic alternatives.

Great place for technologists, but don't plan on spending more than a few months or a year or two.
Pros
some really talented people, above average compensation
Cons
lack of strategy, dying industry
Excellent place to work with good challenges and good opportunities
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Excellent place to work with good challenges and good opportunities. Supportive management team. Good rewards structure. Flexibility in work timings.
helpful and understanding management team
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
The employees and management team were all nice and understanding. I learned a lot a lot about finance and accounting from the staff there.
Pros
on the job training, healthy work environment
Cons
pay not that great
good team
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
• Utilized Agile Methodologies to manage full life-cycle development of the project.
• Implemented MVC design pattern using Struts Framework.
• Form classes of Struts Framework to write the routing logic and to call different services.
• Created tile definitions, Struts-config files, validation files and resource bundles for all modules using Strutsframework.
• Developed web application using JSP custom tag libraries, Struts Action classes and Action.Designed Java Servlets and Objects using J2EE standards.
• Used JSP for presentation layer, developed high performance object/relational persistence and query service for entire application utilizing Hibernate.
• Developed the XML Schema and Web services for the data maintenance and structures.
• Developed the application using Java Beans, Servlets.
• Used WebSphere Application Server and RAD to develop and deploy the application.
• Worked with various Style Sheets like Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).