Travelzoo Employee Reviews in United States

Great company, but limited vision
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2014
Travelzoo is a great place to work and has provided opportunity for advancement. The sustainability of the local deals business is in question, with little vision by Senior Management to change our direction and course for the future.

I love working at Travelzoo and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to grow their career.
Pros
travelzoo experience ($1, 500 stipend annually)
Cons
limited vision for growth, limited revenue potential based upon publishing standards, unattainable sales targets
Great company
iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Oradea (remote)November 13, 2013
I was working on implementing new features and new design to the app. Also optimizing the app.
Great company, great team!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Typical day at Travelzoo would be to set up calls and appointments for new partnerships on the Travelzoo Local platform. There were internal meetings to be in attendance for as well. Our division mimicked the group buying platforms comparable to Groupon or Living Social. My co-workers and my manager were wonderful, very supportive and we worked together to achieve a common goal. I made a lot of money. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes to our division and compensation structure and upper management. There were fundamental changes that needed to happen that were ignored. Rules were made and forgotten. There were organizational changes that occurred that ultimately limited my ability to succeed in the division moving forward. The most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding expectations and making a ton of money, my territory and the nature of the businesses I was calling on. Other perks included the relationships I established with my accounts and colleagues, and finally the creative aspect of the deals I was structuring.
Pros
money, great team, flexibility, great work/life balance, solid company, excellent benefits
Cons
antiquated business model, deteriorating division, failure to stay ahead of competition