Travis County

Travis County Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Court Clerk (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work was always busy. We had a high call volume of jurors. We were also open to the public, we processed U.S. Passports for U.S. citizens. I learned alot about the court systems and how the jurors were summoned.
County has good benifits
Deputy Constable (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 21, 2014
Had a great time working at the department and doing the field work that I was assigned to do.
Job Interview
Corrections (Current Employee), Del valleMarch 9, 2014
Application process for corrections is somewhat long. written and physical testing is done onsite. most importantly is be truthful with the investigator and everything is down hill. oral board was scary but made it through. They will tell you on the spot if you made it or not. after that smooth sailing. good starting salary. Good luck
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2014
I am the first point of contact that greets customers in the Texas Agrilife Extension department. I answer a multi line phone, greet our customers and assist them with their inquiries. I receive and distribute incoming mail and packages. I am in charge of ordering copier paper and copy supplies as needed. When time sheets arrive, I disseminate them – more... accordingly and ensure they are returned on time. I am also responsible for ensuring the phone log’s are disseminated and returned with in two weeks. I receive copy and distribute mileage/travel checks. I prepare the address labels for the outgoing unit envelopes and post cards. I file incoming correspondence alphabetically. I utilize the office computer to perform data entry and maintain department information. I assist the master gardener’s with scheduling other volunteer’s to assist with answering the master gardener volunteer phone line. I maintain the list of requested supplies and forward it to my supervisor for her review and order. Keep a schedule of our TTVN (Trans-Texas Video conference Network) and make sure that it is set up prior to scheduled appointments. I am one of the primary people who keeps up with our inventory for Travis County and Texas A&M. I keep up our postage and order supplies as needed. I help make postcards for Extension agents programs; I help register people who come in to sign up for a Private Applicator License class. I type mileage for agents and make sure they are turned in on time, so they can get their refund check in a timely manner. I put in work orders if there is something that needs fixing in our office. After putting in a work order and I see no one has come out I follow up with facilities to see when the problem will be fixed. I order postage supplies as needed as well as putting postage on the our out going mail. I assist with Scheduling vans for agents and the 4H Americorps after school programs. I receive Agents Highlight reports at the beginning of the month and make sure they are all formatted the same and once I have made the necessary changes I put them together and make sure there are no mistakes and then send them to the director. I assist all other departments as needed. – less
Productive Workplace
Assistant Purchasing Agent III (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work. Nice benefits. The work we do here benefits the constituents of Travis County and surronding counties
Organization is key.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 1, 2013
Pros: healthcare and personal/sick/paid vacation
Cons: not challenging work
The work in this office repeats every few weeks. It is the same routine daily just with different names. Some day are slow and some days are fast. Our office handles two different duties and obligations. You need to be on top of your work because you never know the amount of daily traffic that will walk into the office.
ok place
Court Operations Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2013
typical day consist of court duties/court staff, assisting the public & attorneys in person or via phone, preparing & editing orders/letters and researching case files.
Great experience
Intern Office Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TxJune 1, 2012
I did extensive research. The hardest assignment was the health issues speech. And the most enjoyable was the pep assignment.