Travis County Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work, meet those in the community, and do something for our country.
Election Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2017
I met many people in our community who care about our country. I learned the importance of getting involved and voting to have your voice heard. I would advise anyone to become a election poll worker.
Too much Politics!
Administration / Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 26, 2017
Skip this job, in my opinion, your health is heavily impacted working in this environment (Law Enforcement and Corrections).
Overtime is not on a voluntary basis, but it is mandatory. Hard to schedule anything for your personal life.
Pros
The peers that you work with are in the same boat as you. Really you're only support.
Cons
Health deteriorating
fun place/easy
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2017
very good company to work for I did not have any problem working
with Travis County during the election year of president Barack Obama every staff was professional.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
break moderate
Proficient
Case Manager/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2017
It was a fun place to work, especially with employees who kept the place filled with humor all the time, even when under stress. The clientele where sometime difficult but that was to be expected. Overall good place to work
Pros
Freedom to be creative
Cons
Exciting opportunity with ping-pong tables at lunch
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
Poorly-supervised contract assignment with inadequate compensation & no opportunity for advancement, fraught with bureaucratic nonsense---no incentive
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Inexperienced management
Summer Youth Liason
Summer Youth Liason (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2017
Working with the children was the best part of this job. Unfortunately one supervisor made the work place very toxic. There was bad communication between the head supervisor and other supervisors and staff.
Pros
Working with the children
Cons
head supervisor
Enjoyable place to work helping the voters.
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
It is a great place to work. Helping voters gives you a good feeling.
Working on Election day can be very stressful since you are working a 14 hour day but in the long run it is very rewarding.
Pretrial Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2017
Travis County is a serious employer who backs up their employees with a strong policy & procedure guideline. Strong respect/playing field from directors and upper-management, they actually treat employees with the equal amount of respect across the board! I can definitely say that this is one of the best of employers I have had to date; they surpass the City of Austin by a long shot. their wages and benefits are very desirable.
Pros
wages, benefits, vacation, flex-time
Cons
nothing
Great Career Choice with More Pros Than Cons
Fleet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2017
What a great company to work for. So many good productive employees have reached their goal and retired. Steady work and steady pay to create the perfect work/ life balance. Travis County has made a positive difference in my life and my loved ones lives. It wasn't apperant in the first couple of years. Now after a decade of service, I can see the difference all the benefits have made in my life. Super stable employer with Management that is interested in your growth and advancing your skills. Training is available and provided by the County at no cost to employee. The County reimburses employees for any Certificates that are job related. We have a team atmosphere with professionalism towards the work and tasks. I work with a team of individuals who understand their role, responsibility. My team are dedicated, professional, and I have 100 percent confidence in all tasks they perform for Travis County.
Pros
Positive Team Atmosphere, Secure Work / Life Balance
Cons
Competitive Start Pay, Raises Come Slow After
Very busy place and fun
Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Always learn something new in the work place. The job place is cool but sometimes it get you down because of lack of motivation.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2017
A typical work day at travis county would consist of pre check on vehicles and equipment.. A layout of job duties, whether that would be dealing public roads or dealing constituents..
Awesome job opportunities
Elections (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Travis County has a lot of job opportunities where you can gain a lot of experience, starting at entry level positions. There is a lot of room for career advancement.
Wonderful people and wonderful workplace
Risk/Safety Specialist, Senior (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Travis County is a great place to work. I enjoyed working safety there as it incorporated so many aspects into the program. The management and co-workers were wonderful.
Great stable organization
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2016
Great stable organization that offers a vast array of benefits and a defined pension. It is rewards in exercising working experience in new areas as the Interim Director allows for the ability to work outside of the defined boundaries.
Pros
Great work-life balance and flexibility
Cons
Budgetary constraints
Very difficult place to move up ward.
Office Specialist/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2016
This was a very busy and very hard position to move up within. There are alot of position and people that get burned out due to work load, hindering services to the community.
Pros
Amouts of services availabe.
Cons
Being able to access those services in a timely manner.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2016
Travis County was just OK work for. Without saying much - things were promised but not delivered. I handled all the alarms for all the buildings that the county owned.
Understaffed illequiped horrible managment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Travis countyOctober 4, 2015
They have no respect for skilled help calust abusive managment no interested in employee input your told to shut your mouth and do your job and be glad you have a job
Benefits
Cons
Bad director
Great place to work. Friendly people.
Travis County District Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2015
It was a good place to work. The pay was great and the people were very kind. Team work was encouraged. The work was steady and sometimes long, but it was not too difficult.
Pros
A lot of work to keep busy.
Cons
Sometimes you had to stay until after 5pm for work.
productive and fun work place
Road Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2015
some times stressful,how to be safe and respecfull,good management,good co-workers,getting up in the morning is the hardest part of the day,getting home is the enjoyable part of the day.
great place to work
System Engineer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  austin, txJune 8, 2015
Awesome, most of the people who work there are good folks. lots of traveling in the county. company vehicle provided as well.
Pros
good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis County. Our community is ready to answer.

Travis County Reviews by Location