Travis Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for.
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 2 (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Travis Credit Union really cares about the financial well being of their members. A typical day at work consists of helping/assisting members with loan quotes and questions. Finalizing them on the spot or scheduling a time to finalize with them. I have learned so much about the Real Estate world. I am very knowledgeable on Conventional, FHA and VA loans. Our workplace culture was to always communicate with one anther any time you have an appointment set up with a member, so the other reps can be available to in coming members. The hardest part of the job is to make outbound calls, since there wasn't time in the day to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to assist members with their financial needs. To be able to see them happy once I was able to save them money or help them get into a new home.
Pros
Great team work and health benefits.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Your slammed with learning so much in a call center environment with an emphasis on someone getting on the phones a asap after two weeks into training when you need an average of four to understand their products and applications. You get calls and still really dont know if you can assist since the training is rushed. Ok to work for..people seem to size you up but there is floor support when you need it. Just uncomfortable to want to stay.
Pros
Onsite gym
Cons
Not a warm environment
Clustered and Outdated
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 20, 2016
Travis uses systems that are broken and out of date. A lack of willingness to make meaningful improvements contributes to extremely poor morale company wide.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Outdated systems, greedy and doesn't listen to employees.
Good atmostphere, loyal members and caring employers
Teller & Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAOctober 24, 2016
This was a great place to work! The hours were good, the employers cared about their employees and the overall atmosphere and attitude was very positive. They provide great and continuous training and support, plus opportunities to grow within the company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 17, 2016
The company is fantastic. The Vaca Commons branch is with out a doubt best branch because it has the best people! They have very good benefits and reasonable pay. They do a very good job in training their new recruits. The main thing with the job is don't mess up a lot, other then that your golden.
Okay company if you do not want to commute.
MSR Rep II (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 26, 2016
Typical work day is providing service to members with their account questions, online banking, loans, etc. Co-workers are great, but zero room to advance unless you are favored by management. I used to put a lot of effort into my position and seek other duties in my department but my effort now is to find a different opportunity elsewhere. If management in your department knows it's about favoritism but doesn't bother addressing it because nothing can be done, it's not a good workplace especially if you have experience to advance.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Favoritism
Collections
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville CAJuly 30, 2015
Collections is a very fast paced job and can be very stressful at times. Collections is a very rewarding job if one can adjust to the strict policy and guidelines of the government laws in the protection of both the company and consumer.
Pros
Very fast paced
Cons
very faced paced
Stable job
representative (Current Employee) –  Vacaville CAJune 30, 2015
stable job. good benefits and 401k package. not much room to advance. short breaks. very strict company. very political. great co-workers.
Excellent place to work
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 15, 2015
Travis Credit Union was an excellent place to work, I only left because I moved out of state. I worked at the corp office. I loved my department, managers and co-workers. I learned new things daily.
Pros
Treats on regular basis, community involvement
Best Credit Union Career Experience
Teller#2 (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 9, 2015
I would have never left this job if I didn't have to move over five hours away for it for my spouses career. I was there almost four years and had many opportunities to advance myself. Employees got along really well and spent much of the time together outside of working hours. Even management to the president of the company are wonderful and friendly people that will remember your name. The pay and benefits were wonderful which made it hard to complain about the day to day stresses of a banking environment. Which was mostly nothing because TCU doesn't have sales pressure like the big banks. They really care about they're members. And the members are great as well. Not a bad this to say at all. Hopefully, I will find a career similar to this.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Environment, Company as a Whole, Coworkers
Cons
Not all TCU branches are the same. Some more uptight.
Energetic
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Good Company, great benefits, great leaders. Feed you well for trainings and a lot of room to move up. CEO is awesome, very organized company.
Great Credit Union to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 28, 2014
Travis Credit Union is a great employer and is very employee oriented

I have learned a great amount of leadership skills from the credit union

I enjoy working with my colleagues and have made a lot of friends

The challenge with TCU is staffing.
Pros
Great senior management
Cons
Shortage of staff
Co-workers
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 12, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers when I worked at Travis Credit Union.
Enjoyable and great working enviorment.
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 2, 2014
A typical day would helping the customers either behind the desk or behind the teller line. Helping each one with their financial needs.
Pros
Enjoyed my 9-5 p.m. shift
Cons
Working a lot of overtime due to being under staffed.
ok place to work
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 16, 2013
ok place to work, management is looking to grow business. Few options for promotions as most management stays in their positions for years.
benefits
Cons
limited job promotions
Great place to work, boss not so great.
Exception Item Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 23, 2012
At Travs CU I was able to learn many different jobs in the back office processing of Credit Unions. For the first 5 years I had a great boss the last six not so great.
Pros
able to learn
Cons
micro-management
Not all peachy as it seems
Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CaFebruary 24, 2012
Never met a bunch a group of people who love to tell on each other. I thought I was in a professional environment. Felt like kindergarten. They adopted this love it or leave it attitude. They care for you as much as they say they do. One positive is they do give you good benefits but not worth it if you have to deal with management. Blind leading the blind. Funny how you have a group of upper management with only a handful have college educations running a billion dollar credit union.
Pros
medical, dental, vision, 401k benefits.
Cons
upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Travis Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2