Travis Credit Union Employee Reviews

Tcu
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Dixon, CADecember 4, 2017
Great work environment with great pay benefits and a 401k plan . I learned my whole banking experience with Travis credit union. the most enjoyable part of working for Travis credit union is the staff that they selectively hire and interacting with my members.
Pros
pay benefits and enviorment
Company that takes care of employees
Sr. Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAOctober 28, 2017
Travis Credit Union is a great company to work for. They have great benefits, competitive pay, and truly know how to take care of their employees. I would definitely recommend Travis Credit Union as a place to work if you are interested in working in the financial industry.
great company
Senior Remote Funding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 11, 2017
Travis is a great Credit Union has been around quite a while they take really good care of there employees. They make sure you succeed and help you if you want to advance
Pros
great management
Poor managment
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 8, 2017
I am looking for another job because management is so bad at Travis Credit Union they are in a high school clique and treat you terribly if you make one single mistake. I have never had management make me feel bad for making a small error usually a manager should have your back and Coach you next time around not reprimand you as a human being. They definitely treat people differently if you are in their clique. The way management speaks about the departments in a meeting makes you feel belittled and stupid because you don't have 30 years of experience. I also feel the environment is more reactive than proactive.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Understaffed, terrible management, favoritism, the lack of support
Fast Paced environment
CARD SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 21, 2017
Work is a fast paced environment which makes the day go by fast but the department is very understaffed. New management have poor attitudes and are very impersonal and lack communication with staff. The hardest part of the job is how negative and unprofessional the management team can be.
Pros
Pay is great, coworkers are nice.
Cons
Career advancement, poor management
Great company
Loan Processor SearchPros (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 28, 2017
I would actually still be an employee, if I wasnt presented with another position. I took the risk, but definitely missed the culture and the Real Estate division.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Floating Sr. Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 11, 2017
It's considered a nice place to work overall. The only thing, I have to say is, a lot of favoritism. It's hard to move up if you're not one of theirs but I gained a lot of knowledge, and experience throughout the years working for them.
Pros
Good health benefit, and the pay is competitive
Cons
Little room to move up
Poor work environment
Consultant DBA (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 2, 2017
Not professional environment. Small IT group with professional without enough experience. Old technology, team not been trained or self develop to new technology.Management do not experience and neither technical knowledge
Wonderful Place to Do Business
AVP Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 25, 2017
Travis offers a variety of products and services that fit all needs of their members. They are a heavily community focused credit union that encourages staff involvement.
My experiance working with Travis Credit Union.
Insurance Services Repo Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMarch 2, 2017
I knew this was only a temporary job so I didn't get comfortable.
I really didn't work there very long to build a relationship with my coworkers.
Cons
The staff had aweful additutes.
Great Company to work for.
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 2 (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Travis Credit Union really cares about the financial well being of their members. A typical day at work consists of helping/assisting members with loan quotes and questions. Finalizing them on the spot or scheduling a time to finalize with them. I have learned so much about the Real Estate world. I am very knowledgeable on Conventional, FHA and VA loans. Our workplace culture was to always communicate with one anther any time you have an appointment set up with a member, so the other reps can be available to in coming members. The hardest part of the job is to make outbound calls, since there wasn't time in the day to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to assist members with their financial needs. To be able to see them happy once I was able to save them money or help them get into a new home.
Pros
Great team work and health benefits.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Your slammed with learning so much in a call center environment with an emphasis on someone getting on the phones a asap after two weeks into training when you need an average of four to understand their products and applications. You get calls and still really dont know if you can assist since the training is rushed. Ok to work for..people seem to size you up but there is floor support when you need it. Just uncomfortable to want to stay.
Pros
Onsite gym
Cons
Not a warm environment
Clustered and Outdated
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 20, 2016
Travis uses systems that are broken and out of date. A lack of willingness to make meaningful improvements contributes to extremely poor morale company wide.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Outdated systems, greedy and doesn't listen to employees.
Good atmostphere, loyal members and caring employers
Teller & Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAOctober 24, 2016
This was a great place to work! The hours were good, the employers cared about their employees and the overall atmosphere and attitude was very positive. They provide great and continuous training and support, plus opportunities to grow within the company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 17, 2016
The company is fantastic. The Vaca Commons branch is with out a doubt best branch because it has the best people! They have very good benefits and reasonable pay. They do a very good job in training their new recruits. The main thing with the job is don't mess up a lot, other then that your golden.
Okay company if you do not want to commute.
MSR Rep II (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 26, 2016
Typical work day is providing service to members with their account questions, online banking, loans, etc. Co-workers are great, but zero room to advance unless you are favored by management. I used to put a lot of effort into my position and seek other duties in my department but my effort now is to find a different opportunity elsewhere. If management in your department knows it's about favoritism but doesn't bother addressing it because nothing can be done, it's not a good workplace especially if you have experience to advance.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Favoritism
Collections
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vacaville CAJuly 30, 2015
Collections is a very fast paced job and can be very stressful at times. Collections is a very rewarding job if one can adjust to the strict policy and guidelines of the government laws in the protection of both the company and consumer.
Pros
Very fast paced
Cons
very faced paced
Stable job
representative (Current Employee) –  Vacaville CAJune 30, 2015
stable job. good benefits and 401k package. not much room to advance. short breaks. very strict company. very political. great co-workers.
Excellent place to work
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 15, 2015
Travis Credit Union was an excellent place to work, I only left because I moved out of state. I worked at the corp office. I loved my department, managers and co-workers. I learned new things daily.
Pros
Treats on regular basis, community involvement
Best Credit Union Career Experience
Teller#2 (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 9, 2015
I would have never left this job if I didn't have to move over five hours away for it for my spouses career. I was there almost four years and had many opportunities to advance myself. Employees got along really well and spent much of the time together outside of working hours. Even management to the president of the company are wonderful and friendly people that will remember your name. The pay and benefits were wonderful which made it hard to complain about the day to day stresses of a banking environment. Which was mostly nothing because TCU doesn't have sales pressure like the big banks. They really care about they're members. And the members are great as well. Not a bad this to say at all. Hopefully, I will find a career similar to this.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Environment, Company as a Whole, Coworkers
Cons
Not all TCU branches are the same. Some more uptight.