TRC Employee Reviews

great place to work
Customer Service Coordinator/ Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2017
Received a full time job offer where I have been for the last 5 years. Salary and pay should have been more but it worked FOR THE TIME FRAME i WAS THERE.
Do not work there
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2017
this company struggles at the management level. cut throat and deceiving. high level of turnover. contracts lost to confusion within departments. communication is horrible.
Very laid back work environment but still sticks to deadlines.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 24, 2017
Will have to occasionally travel out of State for projects. When in town, the environment is very casual. Must be professional when at meetings or meet and greets with clients.
The Job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2017
It is a quick pace work environment and stressful due to the pressures of management. The harder you work the more that is expected of you. It seems that you can never get things right.
ok
Purchaser / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2017
* Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
* Service business operations, Responsible for the facilitation of purchase orders
* Processes a high volume of purchase orders, excel in multi-tasking and prioritizing work assignments
* Reporting directly to the Senior Buyer, assist with vendor selection and bid evaluations
* Performs administrative duties for executive management
No job culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 18, 2017
There was no job culture or team building. Huge gap between management and the rest of the employees. The CEO was never in the office and raised our health care and took away our paid holidays . HR was very unprofessional and disclosed personal employee info.
Pros
good pay
Cons
HR and management
Company ended up closing the location but the people were great
Clerical/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 28, 2017
They never really had any positions open and had many people applying so they ended up closing the location. Then the receptionist was one for all locations, so I think it went under, but I got along great with the staff as well as made good money on the jobs given to me there, but there were no benefits or 401K or anything like that as it was a temp agency.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No work available and way too many applicants
Good experience
Oxygen Technician (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 22, 2017
They hired me on as a temp just to fill some orders. Great experience but no job security. My production was also higher than that of the hired in employees
Pros
Laid back
Cons
No job security
staff
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNAugust 14, 2017
everyone is supper nice supports you with everything that you teach you stuff that you wouldn't learn anywhere else like to build up your self confidence
Advancement is limited
Civil Designer/Rec Land Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for TRC in the first 5-7 years. When senior staff started to retire and leave it became more difficult to complete assigned tasks as they were not explained to me however I was expected to figure them out with no guidance and complete them in the same manner and timeframe as a senior staff member.
Coworkers are great, management and advancement is nonexistent
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2017
Pro - Great coworkers. Flexible hours.
Cons - Management is out of touch with the people that do the actual work with little appreciation. General feel is be happy you have a job. Place is where talent is turned into complacency.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
No body listens or cares about anything the boss seems to always be scrambled and doesnt know what to do
Maintenance/Landscaping (Current Employee) –  Newbury, OHJune 5, 2017
It just seems like theres alot of trust issues and confuseion all the time. On top of that theres no overtime hardly and the pay aint worth the work put in.
Pros
Basicly can do whatever you want
Cons
I learned something new every day!
Director, Performance Quality (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
Professional consulting and engineering services environment. Diverse client base. Wide range of projects/services. Employees motivated to do quality work for their clients. Numerous nationally recognized subject-matter-experts to collaborate with or to be mentored into a new field to you.

Company culture is weak in the area of work-life balance.
Pros
Cross-function collaborative team projects.
Cons
Business priorities poorly communicated and randomly changing.
A great company that was purchased and is being taken private
VP Director of Internal Audit, Controls & Compl. (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 11, 2017
TRC has been a great company that made continuous improvements in all phases of the business. Since it will soon be taken private and some talented staff have been let go, the next year may be difficult
Pros
People are heard
Cons
Being taken private
A few kinks in a generally good company
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 28, 2017
The best part of my job is the ability to work from home. Other than my own management team's struggle, I believe TRC can be a great place to work. I would have looked for employment within other sectors but I am not willing to relocate.
Pros
Cons
Poor management team
Previous Employee
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2017
Good place to work. Car program is pretty nice. Hard to get to know people if you are new to the company. Many came from CA and usually stay with those they know.