Treasure Coast Hospice

Treasure Coast Hospice Employee Reviews

Enjoy the concept and work but management destroy moral
RN (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 9, 2016
I love hospice and working with the patients, families, and my coworkers but The management has ruined a great company. There is no consideration for the worker or the fact that they have a life outside hospice. The day does not end and the hours you were told you would work are not adhered to. Because the positions are salaried there is no compensation for the overtime hours that are a daily occurance not the rare instance. The situation puts the nurses working at minimum wage. Nurses are not allowed to say no that their day has ended or they will be disciplined and even fired for having a life outside hospice. No vacations are approved because the admissions department can not keep employees so there is not staff to allow for vacations. A typical 10 hour shift turns into 14 hours and an 8 hour shift turns into 12 hours. While the nurses work endlessly, the managers get to go on home and can't be reached for help. The fact that higher management does not question why more the 25 nurses have quit this company in a year tells you just how much the company values their nurses. A nurse is "not allowed to say no" They would do well to consider the statement "take care of your employees and they will Take care of the patients.
Pros
The patients.
Cons
No breaks, no respect, no compensation for overtime
Awful company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Martin County, FLJune 30, 2016
Run..don't walk away from this company. Management is clueless. Working as a nurse in various hospice companies could not prepare me for the backstabbing cliques in this company. Overworked to the point that patient care suffers. Turn over is tremendous except for management.
Benefits
Cons
Backstabbing two faced personnel.
great staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 5, 2017
This is an awesome company to work for, great employees and staff! The staff is great and the fact that you go into different facilities to work with different clients.
Pros
great employees
Cons
overturn in CEO
Exceptional community services
Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 26, 2016
The most rewarding work experience of my career. Keep up the exceptional work. The services provided to the community are invaluable. The most dedicated and professional co-workers that i have ever worked with.
Pros
Opportunities for OT
Cons
Large service area...travel...traffic
Exciting teamwork with a lot to learn
Certified behavioral health technician (Former Employee) –  port st lucie, stuartMay 24, 2016
I HAVE LEARNED THAT TREASURE COAST HOSPICE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO:

I would love to join a healthcare group that cares and assists with patients with needs (special or otherwise)

I will learn every day from both the staff and patients.

I am organized. I am respectful and adhere to whatever my supervisor mandates.

Co-workers can work as a team. I feel no competition, just the desire to become a part of a team. Maybe learn from my co-workers. I use the utmost care when taking suggestions.

The hardest part of a BHT job is to respect and understand the individual you are working with. I listen, weigh the options and if there are any questions, notify my supervisor.

The most enjoyable part of my day is to witness progress and a desire to learn from patients.
Pros
A chance to help
Cons
Difficult patients trying to make their way
Supportive work environment
Director of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 24, 2016
Working with volunteers was very rewarding. Although "hospice" may sound scary to some this was definitely a positive enriching experience
Pros
Co workers and work environment
Cons
Medical coverage
Supportive work environment
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  Mayes Center for HopeDecember 14, 2012
I have worked at TCH for 8 years, starting in the clinical social work department and transitioning to community outreach. While everyone's experience is different, and each day can bring rewards and challenges, I feel passionate about the people I work with and the community we serve. If you are looking to join an organization that truly makes a difference during the often difficult journey at end of life and have an area of expertise to share TCH may be the right place.
Pros
healthcare benefits, recognition programs, growth opportunities
Caring Staff Members
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 26, 2015
The co-workers are very involved in providing the best and most supportive therapy to client's and their families. Grief therapy was the main modality that was used, but when working with children, play therapy was used. Community activities were often taking place such as camp good grief and fundraisers.
Very rewarding and fullfilling opportunity
Education Coord/Manager of Volunteer Svcs (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 2, 2016
Each and every day at Treasure Coast Hospice to me was indeed a treasure because I got the opportunity to train volunteers from all facets of life, each with their own journey to share. I get an understanding of their background and what fulfillment they get from volunteering at a hospice organization. I get more reward out of each session than I could possibly give them. Going into facilities and touching the patients, sharing with them, hearing their stories and just being there in that crucial moment for them is more rewarding than I can ever explain. Being able to touch someone's life when no one else is willing to is indeed a special gift that should not be taken lightly and that's what I got to do with great pleasure, working at Treasure Coast Hospice. I worked with a great team of individuals to put procedures in place that will benefit the patient and their families. The Pet Peace of Mind program - having a volunteer go into the home of a patient who cannot take care of their pets and walk the dogs, feed, take to the vet/groomer, gives the patients the peace of mind knowing their extended family member is being cared for. The hardest part of my job was when the patient (my buddy as we called them) died. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job was helping a volunteer to see what their true gift was and matching them with the appropriate patient and also seeing the smile on the face of a patient as a volunteer walks into their room to visit. I am blessed to have had this journey at Treasure Coast Hospice.
Great caring people, good experience in the medical field.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 28, 2016
Everyone at the Treasure Coast Hospice (in my experience) has been extremely caring and loving. A patient's comfort is priority.
Strongly believe in the mission of TCH
Admissions - Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 1, 2012
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers and knowing that the time and effort that I put in daily, heled so many people and their families. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, and their work ethics complemented mine. The majority of the employees in my department were very hard working. Unfortunately, I witnessed many employees in other departments who were promoted to management though they lacked knowledge and/or motivation, and others who worked very hard and knew their jobs well, but were laid off or terminated. However, I personally was treated very well and appreciated by the management in my department.
I learned a lot regarding death and the transitions leading to death
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mainly St. Lucie County and Martin county at timesAugust 9, 2015
I review my patients for the day
review the medical records and try to accomplish a possible admitting diagnosis
review with patient the declines and what led them to the decision of hospice
discuss all findings with Doctor
call in/or have doctor call in medications and pick them up for me to administer first dose of med
perform a complete assessment on the patient
call into report line what my findings were.
Pros
schedule and autonomy of job
Cons
loss of some of my skills
So close
Admistrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FloridaSeptember 14, 2012
My typical day varied all the time the skills I utilzed were many on numerous levels. I was not bound to just one area of the company, I was multi department accessible.
I think that management misses the big picture by not cultivating the people that work within the organization. It seems that many people have great skills but they are not in the correct position. Personal feelings and judgements are a cause for unfounded bias. The area I speak of is non-clinical. When issues are brought forth by staff members many things are not addressed. The people I worked with were dysfunctional at best. Boundries were set to only be set aside for the continuous issues that became the exceptions to the rule. If you did demonstrate teamwork it was taking as success of the managing staff member not as the group effort.
I learned how to better assess a situation and become more business minded rather that nurturing within a work enviornment.
The hardest part of my job was trying to accomplish tasks without being interupped because someone couldn't figure out a situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working on a situation that required thinking outside the box because it challenged my creativity an imagination. Realizing the satisfaction of a job well done was quite rewarding.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
very limited advancement
Compassionate and Caring
Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working as a nurse for Hospice allows one on one patient care, as opposed to many other positions that nrse to patient ratio is so high, that patient care from the nurse usually consists of administering meds and treatments your entire shift with no time to actually show that you care.
Pros
Pay, overtime
Cons
Pay, overtime
Dynamic growing organization with innovative and inspirational initiatives.
VP of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Innovative, fast paced organization which facilitated a challenging and stimulating work environment. Staff is wonderful and great to work with.
Pros
Dynamic growing organization
Worst place for compassion
Central Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 1, 2015
You think you have management on your side and they stab you in the back. Run as quick as you can away from the possibility of working here.
Cons
No breaks allowed you are always on the clock
A mentally difficult place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 2, 2013
A typical day from 7pm-7am. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job was listening to family members cry after their loved one passed away. I learned many things working here such as setting up equipment. The most enjoyable part of this job was, comforting patients.
Run in the opposite direction
clinical (Current Employee) –  floridaDecember 5, 2012
Working with the patients is the only reason anyone would ever want to work at Treasure Coast Hospice. Administration are bullies with little to no ethics. Very sad. The compensation is low, the benefits are poor and the staff are terribly overworked.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
everything else

Comment – June 9, 2013

It is sad that you feel this way. Please do everyone, patients and staff, a favor and leave. I really doubt if you have a hospice heart.I have been here for 21 years, have seen the ups and downs in this organization and would never choose to work anywhere else, including hospitals. Proud to be a TCH employee

Great employer
Human Resource and Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 27, 2012
Great co-workers that go above and beyond for the hospice patients we care for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treasure Coast Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

Treasure Coast Hospice Reviews by Location