Treasure Coast Hospice

Treasure Coast Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Compassionate and Caring
Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working as a nurse for Hospice allows one on one patient care, as opposed to many other positions that nrse to patient ratio is so high, that patient care from the nurse usually consists of administering meds and treatments your entire shift with no time to actually show that you care.
Pros
Pay, overtime
Cons
Pay, overtime
I learned a lot regarding death and the transitions leading to death
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mainly St. Lucie County and Martin county at timesAugust 9, 2015
I review my patients for the day
review the medical records and try to accomplish a possible admitting diagnosis
review with patient the declines and what led them to the decision of hospice
discuss all findings with Doctor
call in/or have doctor call in medications and pick them up for me to administer first dose of med
perform a complete assessment on the patient
call into report line what my findings were.
Pros
schedule and autonomy of job
Cons
loss of some of my skills
Worst place for compassion
Central Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 1, 2015
You think you have management on your side and they stab you in the back. Run as quick as you can away from the possibility of working here.
Cons
no breaks allowed you are always on the clock
Dynamic growing organization with innovative and inspirational initiatives.
VP of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Innovative, fast paced organization which facilitated a challenging and stimulating work environment. Staff is wonderful and great to work with.
Pros
dynamic growing organization
Cons
culture
A mentally difficult place to work.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 2, 2013
A typical day from 7pm-7am. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of this job was listening to family members cry after their loved one passed away. I learned many things working here such as setting up equipment. The most enjoyable part of this job was, comforting patients.
Supportive work environment
Director of Community Outreach (Current Employee) –  Mayes Center for HopeDecember 14, 2012
I have worked at TCH for 8 years, starting in the clinical social work department and transitioning to community outreach. While everyone's experience is different, and each day can bring rewards and challenges, I feel passionate about the people I work with and the community we serve. If you are looking to join an organization that truly makes a difference during the often difficult journey at end of life and have an area of expertise to share TCH may be the right place.
Pros
healthcare benefits, recognition programs, growth opportunities
Run in the opposite direction
clinical (Current Employee) –  floridaDecember 5, 2012
Working with the patients is the only reason anyone would ever want to work at Treasure Coast Hospice. Administration are bullies with little to no ethics. Very sad. The compensation is low, the benefits are poor and the staff are terribly overworked.
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
everything else

Comment – June 9, 2013

It is sad that you feel this way. Please do everyone, patients and staff, a favor and leave. I really doubt if you have a hospice heart.I have been here for 21 years, have seen the ups and downs in this organization and would never choose to work anywhere else, including hospitals. Proud to be a TCH employee

Strongly believe in the mission of TCH
Admissions - Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 1, 2012
I enjoyed my work and my co-workers and knowing that the time and effort that I put in daily, heled so many people and their families. I enjoyed most of my co-workers, and their work ethics complemented mine. The majority of the employees in my department were very hard working. Unfortunately, I witnessed many employees in other departments who were promoted to management though they lacked knowledge and/or motivation, and others who worked very hard and knew their jobs well, but were laid off or terminated. However, I personally was treated very well and appreciated by the management in my department.
So close
Admistrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FloridaSeptember 14, 2012
My typical day varied all the time the skills I utilzed were many on numerous levels. I was not bound to just one area of the company, I was multi department accessible.
I think that management misses the big picture by not cultivating the people that work within the organization. It seems that many people have great skills but they are not in the correct position. Personal feelings and judgements are a cause for unfounded bias. The area I speak of is non-clinical. When issues are brought forth by staff members many things are not addressed. The people I worked with were dysfunctional at best. Boundries were set to only be set aside for the continuous issues that became the exceptions to the rule. If you did demonstrate teamwork it was taking as success of the managing staff member not as the group effort.
I learned how to better assess a situation and become more business minded rather that nurturing within a work enviornment.
The hardest part of my job was trying to accomplish tasks without being interupped because someone couldn't figure out a situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working on a situation that required thinking outside the box because it challenged my creativity an imagination. Realizing the satisfaction of a job well done was quite rewarding.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
very limited advancement
Great employer
Human Resource and Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 27, 2012
Great co-workers that go above and beyond for the hospice patients we care for.