Treasure Coast Hospice Employee Reviews

good to patients terrible to staff
medical records health coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLSeptember 2, 2017
very click environment if you were not like by the click you were a target of gossip and lies to destroy you chance of a carreer
no chance of adavancement
supervisor never helped you
staff was scared to complain for rebuttal of losing your job
Pros
good patient care
Cons
low pay
Terrible Management and organizational skills
Admissions RN (Former Employee) –  Martin and St. Lucie CountyAugust 8, 2017
Terrible Management. Most unorganized facility I've ever worked at and I've been a nurse for 17 years. Poor training methods. Management is very cut throat and undermining. They go through staff like water.
Pros
Patient's and families are great
Cons
Terrible Management.
N/a
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 18, 2017
Over 10+ years at this agency. I love working with patients and family members. This agency has gone through many changes throughout the years, not sure which direction they are headed now.
Worst management i have ever worked for.
CASE MANAGER/RN (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 5, 2017
Although I love the concept and enjoyed working with the patients and there family's on the final journey of their lives, management has been destroying the company. There is zero respect for nurses. In 4 years I have seen over 20+ nurses leave including several great managers. Also at least 5 Doctors have left in that time frame. If you value being respected as a nurse or a person,I highly suggest you look for employment elsewhere. Management is completely Incompetent.
Very rewarding experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLMay 21, 2017
Treasure Coast Hospice was a very rewarding experience. This organization really cares about their employees. I especially enjoyed the "round table" meeting we had with CEO annually to express our thoughts and ideas.
Compassionate Staff
Clinical Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 4, 2017
A compassionate team of clinical/medical caregivers. One of the best places I have ever work. Great team support as staff cares for patients. excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Excellent rapport between field staff and administration.
great staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 5, 2017
This is an awesome company to work for, great employees and staff! The staff is great and the fact that you go into different facilities to work with different clients.
Pros
great employees
Cons
overturn in CEO
Family environment, great co-workers, compassionate setting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 28, 2016
Great company to work for, Learned how to give great patient care, improved organizational skills, time management, and meeting people from all over.
Exceptional community services
Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 26, 2016
The most rewarding work experience of my career. Keep up the exceptional work. The services provided to the community are invaluable. The most dedicated and professional co-workers that i have ever worked with.
Pros
Opportunities for OT
Cons
Large service area...travel...traffic
Supportive work environment
Director of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 24, 2016
Working with volunteers was very rewarding. Although "hospice" may sound scary to some this was definitely a positive enriching experience
Pros
Co workers and work environment
Cons
Medical coverage
Very rewarding and fullfilling opportunity
Education Coord/Manager of Volunteer Svcs (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 2, 2016
Each and every day at Treasure Coast Hospice to me was indeed a treasure because I got the opportunity to train volunteers from all facets of life, each with their own journey to share. I get an understanding of their background and what fulfillment they get from volunteering at a hospice organization. I get more reward out of each session than I could possibly give them. Going into facilities and touching the patients, sharing with them, hearing their stories and just being there in that crucial moment for them is more rewarding than I can ever explain. Being able to touch someone's life when no one else is willing to is indeed a special gift that should not be taken lightly and that's what I got to do with great pleasure, working at Treasure Coast Hospice. I worked with a great team of individuals to put procedures in place that will benefit the patient and their families. The Pet Peace of Mind program - having a volunteer go into the home of a patient who cannot take care of their pets and walk the dogs, feed, take to the vet/groomer, gives the patients the peace of mind knowing their extended family member is being cared for. The hardest part of my job was when the patient (my buddy as we called them) died. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of my job was helping a volunteer to see what their true gift was and matching them with the appropriate patient and also seeing the smile on the face of a patient as a volunteer walks into their room to visit. I am blessed to have had this journey at Treasure Coast Hospice.
Enjoy the concept and work but management destroy moral
RN (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJuly 9, 2016
I love hospice and working with the patients, families, and my coworkers but The management has ruined a great company. There is no consideration for the worker or the fact that they have a life outside hospice. The day does not end and the hours you were told you would work are not adhered to. Because the positions are salaried there is no compensation for the overtime hours that are a daily occurance not the rare instance. The situation puts the nurses working at minimum wage. Nurses are not allowed to say no that their day has ended or they will be disciplined and even fired for having a life outside hospice. No vacations are approved because the admissions department can not keep employees so there is not staff to allow for vacations. A typical 10 hour shift turns into 14 hours and an 8 hour shift turns into 12 hours. While the nurses work endlessly, the managers get to go on home and can't be reached for help. The fact that higher management does not question why more the 25 nurses have quit this company in a year tells you just how much the company values their nurses. A nurse is "not allowed to say no" They would do well to consider the statement "take care of your employees and they will Take care of the patients.
Pros
The patients.
Cons
No breaks, no respect, no compensation for overtime
Awful company
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Martin County, FLJune 30, 2016
Run..don't walk away from this company. Management is clueless. Working as a nurse in various hospice companies could not prepare me for the backstabbing cliques in this company. Overworked to the point that patient care suffers. Turn over is tremendous except for management.
Benefits
Cons
Backstabbing two faced personnel.
Great caring people, good experience in the medical field.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 28, 2016
Everyone at the Treasure Coast Hospice (in my experience) has been extremely caring and loving. A patient's comfort is priority.
Exciting teamwork with a lot to learn
Certified behavioral health technician (Former Employee) –  port st lucie, stuartMay 24, 2016
I HAVE LEARNED THAT TREASURE COAST HOSPICE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO:

I would love to join a healthcare group that cares and assists with patients with needs (special or otherwise)

I will learn every day from both the staff and patients.

I am organized. I am respectful and adhere to whatever my supervisor mandates.

Co-workers can work as a team. I feel no competition, just the desire to become a part of a team. Maybe learn from my co-workers. I use the utmost care when taking suggestions.

The hardest part of a BHT job is to respect and understand the individual you are working with. I listen, weigh the options and if there are any questions, notify my supervisor.

The most enjoyable part of my day is to witness progress and a desire to learn from patients.
Pros
A chance to help
Cons
Difficult patients trying to make their way
Compassionate and Caring
Crisis Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working as a nurse for Hospice allows one on one patient care, as opposed to many other positions that nrse to patient ratio is so high, that patient care from the nurse usually consists of administering meds and treatments your entire shift with no time to actually show that you care.
Pros
Pay, overtime
Cons
Pay, overtime
I learned a lot regarding death and the transitions leading to death
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mainly St. Lucie County and Martin county at timesAugust 9, 2015
I review my patients for the day
review the medical records and try to accomplish a possible admitting diagnosis
review with patient the declines and what led them to the decision of hospice
discuss all findings with Doctor
call in/or have doctor call in medications and pick them up for me to administer first dose of med
perform a complete assessment on the patient
call into report line what my findings were.
Pros
schedule and autonomy of job
Cons
loss of some of my skills
Caring Staff Members
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLApril 26, 2015
The co-workers are very involved in providing the best and most supportive therapy to client's and their families. Grief therapy was the main modality that was used, but when working with children, play therapy was used. Community activities were often taking place such as camp good grief and fundraisers.
Worst place for compassion
Central Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 1, 2015
You think you have management on your side and they stab you in the back. Run as quick as you can away from the possibility of working here.
Cons
No breaks allowed you are always on the clock
Dynamic growing organization with innovative and inspirational initiatives.
VP of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Innovative, fast paced organization which facilitated a challenging and stimulating work environment. Staff is wonderful and great to work with.
Pros
Dynamic growing organization
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treasure Coast Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.