TREASURE ISLAND JOB CORPS

TREASURE ISLAND JOB CORPS Employee Reviews

Trade school life
Culinary Arts Trainee (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: place to live, free meals, no bills
Cons: very little pay, too many restrictions
Great program to learn about the culinary world and get started within the industry. Opportunity to earn a lot of certifications and a lot of training and experience.
work place enviorment
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2015
it was an ok places to be at the moment, you get a lot of experience by being here and meet a lot of different people........................................................................................................................................................
Yee i Love it
Security Guard, Welcome Booth (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2015
-Good opportunity to help communities of under served populations from a wide variety of locations from Puerto Rico to Samoa and the 50 states in between; rural and urban for advanced training.
-The bad is government management by an old bureaucracy that is incompetent, subcontracting the work to for profit companies.
-The beautiful is seeing a motivated student succeed by getting a good start in a career building a future for business and family.
Productive training center
National Training Contractor Program (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free meals, free education, free room and board.
Cons: bad staff, unwelcoming staff, ignorant trainees
I've been here for a little under a year now and I've made a lot of progress. I came here with no diploma, and pretty much no proof of education period... I'm now a high school graduate and have completed a program provided by the UBC. I will soon be a local 22 Union worker in San Francisco as an apprentice-carpenter.

Job Corp has brought me a long way.
A great place to work and be an assest to youth moving in a positive direction
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2014
Being employed here I have it has been a great pleasure working with my coworkers and the young adults that come and go through the program. Its always a wonderful thing to have a positive influence on someone else's life.
Great balance of school work, physical training and job training
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2014
Morning workout regimen consists of running, push ups, sit ups and followed by an instructional workout video (ie. insanity).
I learned so many so many ways to keep my cool during an altercation and to diffuse a bad situation due to the quality of my training in security. The hardest part of working security would be aggressive and unpredictable assailants. The most fun I have would be the physical training.
great place to be introduced to different cultures
Culinary Arts Student Employee (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2014
Great school to learn required skills to get a job. I am enrolled here at the school. The staff are communicative and patient. There are many different cultures here that you are introduced to and the students are accepting and respectful.
Good place to meet new poeple
Job Corps Trainee (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: government paid for
Cons: immiture students
Go to class, learn about your trade teachers are great well versed and great knowledge if you are willing to learn. Because of the various ages other students may be a little immature but as easy as it is to get into the wrong crowd its just as easy to mind your own and push through. Great opportunity to learn and network
Working with trainees to better their futures
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: loved the students
Cons: wages
The day in the life of Job corps changes each day. Some days were very laid back and some days where very hectic. I would have to sit in on student board meetings and determine if the student could stay in the program or be terminated. There were many fights, drugs and alcohol findings, sexual activities etc.
Good, Bad and Beautiful
AT Solar Instructor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2014
I was an nice work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2013
I liked working with some of the people there. because it was a friendly place. the coworkers didnt mind doing for one another.
fun and productive workplace with rec center
Advance Trainee (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: free meals, an assortment of people, friendly staff, beatiful scenery and a wide range of activity
Cons: pretty muchnon existent health insurance
a typical workday would start out with roll call and then move on to training in the kitchen, cooking pretty much anything, at the end of the work day we would clean up the kitchen and do the dishes in a three compartment sink. the things we learned were things such as cleaning and setting up a salad bar, working in a cafeteria, fixing meals for a extremely large crowd, and catering for a modest size crowd. management was well balanced.my co-workers were rather interesting because you get to meet people from different parts of the country and the world. the most enjoyable part of my day is sitting at breakfast, launch, dinner, or just hanging around with the friends that I made and talking
I didnt enjoy myself
Office Assistant Training (Former Employee), Treasure Island,Sanfrancisco caNovember 6, 2013
Pros: they pay you every two weeks
Cons: you dont get paid much at all.
I didn't feel like they lived up to what is advertise on t.v etc. I came there in 2008 so maybe now they may have a whole new staff and so I can't really speak on them due to me not being there when the new staff took on the center.
Productive work place where you can literally live and learn
Cemnt Mason/Laborer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, lunch and dinner
A typical day was to wake up, shower and shave get some breakfast, attend the morning meeting to see what work needs to be done if the work before was already completed the day before and get to work. Management was fine. They taught me how to supervise and manage my fellow employees which i did on a day to day. My co-workers were a bit emotionally unstable and loved to gossip for the most part but i kept that to a bare minimum to finish the tasks at hand, correctly and on time. The hardest part of the job was deciding to take a break. As in when there is a deadline that has to be met and you are under staffed it is absolutely necessary to work with a few breaks as possible. However just to clarify I did allow my team to take breaks when it was absolutely necessary. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see my co-workers and my employees actually enjoying the work that they do.
Productive workplace but can become too personal at times.
Facility Maintenance Trainee (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2013
This center has a great program but some of the staff do get to personal with students.
Great place to work with kids who need guidiance
Residential Advisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: beautiful location, good benefits
This Job is not physically hard , but it does challenge you. I am a graduate of the program and found it fulfilling to go back and share what I learned when I attended with the students there now. Everyday is unexpected, you never know what is going to happen next. The girls are lively and keep me on my toes.
advance culinay
Student/Internship (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2012
the student would be workng on their tar and some of the student is cooking for the fine dinning
some of the student has not learn nothing
the managment was very poor
not exactly a job
Pay line Security Officer / security cadet (Former Employee), san francisco, CAJune 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch and room
Cons: bad pay
TIJC( treasure island job corps) isnt a job its a program you go to so you can get traning for diffrent types of jobs. I feel that job corpswas a fun and educational place to go to if your feeling down on your luck or need a new start in life
Productive, Nice school, alot of drama, Great Program
Receptionist Internship (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2012
Pros: free food, shelter, clothing, education, and training
Cons: drama
Typical day consist of; School&Training.
I learned that with motivation anything is possible.
The management at TIJC was a good one.
My fellow classmates were nice some were very drama filled.
The hardest part was the drama
The most enjoyable part was going to school and learning a trade
Very fast past enviorment, a joy working with the trainees
On-Call Residential Advisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2012
Very fast past enviorment, a joy working with the trainees.

TREASURE ISLAND JOB CORPS Salaries