Treasure Island Resort & Casino

Treasure Island Resort & Casino Employer Reviews

Fun working place, Great environment, Great understanding supervisors and Great Co-workers
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Welch, MNApril 16, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch, two 15's, full time healthcare insurance, employee of the month benefits, employee discounts
A typical day at work was to wait for morning meeting, then get your list of rooms though out the day. Go set up your cart and your off on your own to clean your rooms the way you were trained.
I learned from this job was how to properly clean a room, and to do it with in the time given.
Management was great, if you needed anything at all you were always – more... welcomed into the office to let your supervisors know what is going on.
Co-workers were great, they helped you when you had a rough day or rough rooms, they made sure they would work the same speed as you with you in the same room, and have positive attitudes to keep each other going.
The hardest part of the job was trying to finish 30+ rooms in a 8 hour shift
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything in over all everyone was nice, everyone worked as a team, great supervisors and very nice communities. – less
Business/IT Professional
Plan and lead training sessions (Former Employee), Welch, MNMarch 17, 2014
Plan and lead training sessions for new and existing clients
Manage all aspects of assigned business and casino applications including installation, implementation, documentations, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting.
Collaborate with other IS staff and vendors to provide support Create, monitor and process user requests in the work order tracking – more... system by following established Procedures. – less
Great co-workers and benefits
Hospitality Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Welch, MNMarch 16, 2014
The staff is great and the benefits are great. Management is wonderful and the atmosphere is great.
Fast Paced environment that keeps you on your toes
F&B, E&S, disposables and uniforms buyer (Current Employee), Welch, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Everyday is a new challenge.
I've learned so much by working here about the Hospitality business. I am truly grateful.
long time employee
Security Officer (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNDecember 28, 2013
I have been with this company for almost thirty years. I started when they were a bingo hall. I have seen this company slowly grow to where it currently is present day. Been with them through the ups and downs of this business.
Horrible pay for the responsibility
Marketing (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great co workers
Cons: pay, time off
They have horrible work/life balance. Expect to be on call 24 hours a day, even on your days off. If you are willing to drive 30 minutes north, you can make twice as much money for less work.
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNNovember 25, 2013
Pros: on-the-job discounts
Cons: high turn over rate on my shift in my department
Workplace is encouraging, always meeting new people, consistent appreciation events (buffet lunches, etc) great benefits of employment, great HR department.
Good for some people, but never where I planned to make a career.
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNOctober 10, 2013
Pros: the hours i work (4pm - midnight)
Cons: not having a rotating shift, so i never have a weekend off, making it difficult to socialize with friends and family
From a surveillance standpoint, I enjoyed the department at Ho Chunk better although we have a lot more high-tech gaming software applications at TI.

The department is run by an experienced director who is at the point were he feels he has all the solutions to all problems and does not need input from his lower management team, which makes adapting – more... to new situations difficult. He provided me with false pretnece regarding his capability and background in order for me to accept the position. Probably the only director or upper level manager I personally felt cheated by in all my employment. I have a good aspiring shift supervisor.

I stare at a computer for 8 hours a day and although it's not difficult work and has a lot of responsibility, I don't feel comfortable just sitting in a chair all day typing and trying to catch card-counters on the blackjack table. I need to get and use my hands and move around a little bit more.

Hardest part is the lack of personal communication with fellow employees outside of our department.

Most enjoyable part is working with a couple guys that are in a similar situation as myself. – less
Stressful!
Cage Cashier (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNOctober 1, 2013
Pros: receiving tips from guests
Cons: people who make it hard to work there.
Much of what I learned I can not write about. The hardest part of working there is seeing people lose in gambling. The most enjoyable part are my co-workers.
Its a job.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Welch, MNMay 27, 2013
Pros: decent benifets
Cons: pay sucks
thats ir. its a job. not much to it. management it bad and wont listen and lots of rude people.
Fun Workplace
Vault Cashier (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNJanuary 10, 2013
Always Changing
Fill kiosk machines on the Casino floor, Fix any errors they have.
Externship Review Summary
Marketing Externship (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 28, 2012
Pros: energetic workplace
Cons: inconsistent shifts
Though my externship, I have been provided exposure to the full scope of concert event planning and management during time with Treasure Island Resort and Casino, including First Aid processes, and can be depended on for pre and post event management.
not fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), red wingApril 10, 2012
a typical day at work is nothing. you dont really do anything fun. you dont really learn anything from doing the job and there is no job advancement opportunities. the coworkers there are in it just for the paycheck.