Treasure Island Resort & Casino Employee Reviews in United States

A good place with different opportunities for all
Catering server/setup (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNAugust 23, 2016
The plus side is that you can easily switch departments and greatly change your daily grind, gaining valuable experience in multiple different fields, so you may one day have a real career anywhere else.
On the other hand, there are a lot of managerial decisions that you are forced to comply with, even if you don't agree with them. The nature of working at a casino is to specifically cater to the needs and wants to those who spend more at the machines, the high-rollers. It's a culture based on greed and selfish desires that I no longer want to be a part of.
Pros
Gain work experience, decent healthcare
Cons
Sometimes incompetent management, immoral atmosphere
Not your average Security job - in a good way!
Security (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 17, 2016
I have worked in most areas of the Security Department (Officer, Dispatcher, Supervisor & Management) here at Treasure Island over my 16+ years here. The best part about this job is that you will experience and learn new things every shift. We are not a "stand at a post for 10 hours department". We are very active and handle a variety of different calls and deal with many different types of people. Our Officers are encouraged to be proactive and handle incidents from start to finish. We provide a comprehensive training program to our department personnel that allows for both personal and professional growth / development. Treasure Island is always growing and expanding, looking toward the future. If you are looking at being a part of a growing company & a department that is very progressive, I would strongly recommend the Security Department at Treasure Island Resort & Casino!
Pros
Excellent benefits (have our own on sight medical clinic), teamwork oriented atmosphere, 4-10 hour day schedule (three consecutive days off each week).
Cons
Will work weekends however current Officers are given first opportunity to bid when openings occur.
Great Co-workers, Poor Communication
Box Office Attendant (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 13, 2016
The co-workers in my department are fun to work with and make the work enjoyable. My greatest frustration with this employer is a lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Safety Bonuses, Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Treasure Island
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 29, 2016
It's a great place to go and have fun but also a great place to work in. Everyone there is very friendly and you feel welcome once you walk into the building. It's absolutely incredible.
Fun working place, Great environment, Great understanding supervisors and Great Co-workers
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work was to wait for morning meeting, then get your list of rooms though out the day. Go set up your cart and your off on your own to clean your rooms the way you were trained.
I learned from this job was how to properly clean a room, and to do it with in the time given.
Management was great, if you needed anything at all you were always welcomed into the office to let your supervisors know what is going on.
Co-workers were great, they helped you when you had a rough day or rough rooms, they made sure they would work the same speed as you with you in the same room, and have positive attitudes to keep each other going.
The hardest part of the job was trying to finish 30+ rooms in a 8 hour shift
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything in over all everyone was nice, everyone worked as a team, great supervisors and very nice communities.
Pros
30 min lunch, two 15's, full time healthcare insurance, employee of the month benefits, employee discounts
Not loyal to employees.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 20, 2015
After 16 years put in most in management positions, I was let go for something very petty. I put in large amounts of hours, came in barely able to walk and was still let go for trivial reasons.
fun. fun. fun
Cashier/Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJanuary 21, 2015
By far the best job I have ever had. I worked in a restaurant over night and it was amazing. You met some nice people. The only thing I have to say is that management isn't the greatest. Hours are long but worth it.
Pros
tips, snacks, coworkers, customers
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNMay 17, 2015
Fun work environment
Diverse and friendly staff
Great benefits
Knowledgeable and experienced superiors
Ever-changing settings and adjustments to surroundings
Pleasing to the eyes, challenges growth and learning.
Buffet Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNSeptember 24, 2015
This is a very physically demanding job. I enjoy lots of customer interaction. My boss is supportive ad pleasant to work with.
Pros
Fast pace, fun place to work
Cons
Short brakes
Great co-workers and benefits
Hospitality Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNMarch 16, 2014
The staff is great and the benefits are great. Management is wonderful and the atmosphere is great.
Good for some people, but never where I planned to make a career.
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNOctober 10, 2013
From a surveillance standpoint, I enjoyed the department at Ho Chunk better although we have a lot more high-tech gaming software applications at TI.

The department is run by an experienced director who is at the point were he feels he has all the solutions to all problems and does not need input from his lower management team, which makes adapting to new situations difficult. He provided me with false pretnece regarding his capability and background in order for me to accept the position. Probably the only director or upper level manager I personally felt cheated by in all my employment. I have a good aspiring shift supervisor.

I stare at a computer for 8 hours a day and although it's not difficult work and has a lot of responsibility, I don't feel comfortable just sitting in a chair all day typing and trying to catch card-counters on the blackjack table. I need to get and use my hands and move around a little bit more.

Hardest part is the lack of personal communication with fellow employees outside of our department.

Most enjoyable part is working with a couple guys that are in a similar situation as myself.
Pros
the hours i work (4pm - midnight)
Cons
not having a rotating shift, so i never have a weekend off, making it difficult to socialize with friends and family
Externship Review Summary
Marketing Externship (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNMay 28, 2012
Though my externship, I have been provided exposure to the full scope of concert event planning and management during time with Treasure Island Resort and Casino, including First Aid processes, and can be depended on for pre and post event management.
Pros
energetic workplace
Cons
inconsistent shifts
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNNovember 25, 2013
Workplace is encouraging, always meeting new people, consistent appreciation events (buffet lunches, etc) great benefits of employment, great HR department.
Pros
on-the-job discounts
Cons
high turn over rate on my shift in my department
Horrible pay for the responsibility
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNDecember 9, 2013
They have horrible work/life balance. Expect to be on call 24 hours a day, even on your days off. If you are willing to drive 30 minutes north, you can make twice as much money for less work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
pay, time off
not fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  red wingApril 10, 2012
a typical day at work is nothing. you dont really do anything fun. you dont really learn anything from doing the job and there is no job advancement opportunities. the coworkers there are in it just for the paycheck.
Its a job.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNMay 27, 2013
thats ir. its a job. not much to it. management it bad and wont listen and lots of rude people.
Pros
decent benifets
Cons
pay sucks
Business/IT Professional
Plan and lead training sessions (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNMarch 17, 2014
Plan and lead training sessions for new and existing clients
Manage all aspects of assigned business and casino applications including installation, implementation, documentations, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting.
Collaborate with other IS staff and vendors to provide support Create, monitor and process user requests in the work order tracking system by following established Procedures.
Hard to get hours that work with my schooling and kids
Passport Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 24, 2014
I enjoy my job at Treasure Island, however I am also going to school and with the added 2 hour commute every day and trying to get some time with my children, I am trying to see what I could find closer to Rochester. I am trying to keep hours that work with my school hours, unfortunately I do need to sleep also,
Pros
great place to work, great people
Cons
hours not working
Fast Paced environment that keeps you on your toes
F&B, E&S, disposables and uniforms buyer (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Everyday is a new challenge.
I've learned so much by working here about the Hospitality business. I am truly grateful.
Stressful!
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNOctober 1, 2013
Much of what I learned I can not write about. The hardest part of working there is seeing people lose in gambling. The most enjoyable part are my co-workers.
Pros
receiving tips from guests
Cons
people who make it hard to work there.

Treasure Island Resort & Casino Reviews by Location