Treasure Island Resort & Casino Employee Reviews

Favoritism
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJune 21, 2017
Typical work day: Long, forced overtime.
What I learned: Customer Service
Management: Uninformed, lack of communication.
Workplace culture: smoke cigarettes, talk trash.
Hardest part: Dealing with angry players
Most enjoyable part: Making tips
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management, Hostile Players, Toxic attitudes
Lots of options for cross-training
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNMay 26, 2017
A good place to work with plenty of room for advancement. The benefits are fantastic. Opportunities to cross-train and currently overtime options as well.
Break in Casino
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2017
Good place to break in to get "Strip experience". No motivation by most staff and management, The mentality here is "Its a job". The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers.
Not terrible
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Smoke shopMay 19, 2017
Not a horrible place to work, benefits arent bad for the price you pay, management all sorta sucks wherever you work in the casino. Pay is decent depending on the job you have there. Can be stressful at times.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, some overtime
Cons
Strict call in policy, rude customers, bad management, no advancement options
Treasure Island
Front Desk & Housekeeping Specialty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. Management on the whole is relaxed and understanding. Everyone seems happy to be at work which creates a really unique and awesome work atmosphere.
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNMarch 10, 2017
If you don't want a day off and want to work every weekend this is the company to work for. You will pretty much work every weekend. If you request days off they will get denied so everyone has just learned not to request and just call in. So you are always overworked and short staffed. Seniority doesn't really matter at the island. If you can handle the poor management the guests will scare you away by yelling at you constantly about losing all their money. The only benefit about working here is the pay is good and on occasion they give you free food.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Never getting weekends off and poor management
Decent place to work
Many Postions (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 25, 2016
If you are willing to commit your self solely to Treasure Island you can advance. You need to stay out of Tribal Politics to keep employment. Pay is decent and benefits are OK
A good place with different opportunities for all
Catering server/setup (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNAugust 23, 2016
The plus side is that you can easily switch departments and greatly change your daily grind, gaining valuable experience in multiple different fields, so you may one day have a real career anywhere else.
On the other hand, there are a lot of managerial decisions that you are forced to comply with, even if you don't agree with them. The nature of working at a casino is to specifically cater to the needs and wants to those who spend more at the machines, the high-rollers. It's a culture based on greed and selfish desires that I no longer want to be a part of.
Pros
Gain work experience, decent healthcare
Cons
Sometimes incompetent management, immoral atmosphere
Not your average Security job - in a good way!
Security (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 17, 2016
I have worked in most areas of the Security Department (Officer, Dispatcher, Supervisor & Management) here at Treasure Island over my 16+ years here. The best part about this job is that you will experience and learn new things every shift. We are not a "stand at a post for 10 hours department". We are very active and handle a variety of different calls and deal with many different types of people. Our Officers are encouraged to be proactive and handle incidents from start to finish. We provide a comprehensive training program to our department personnel that allows for both personal and professional growth / development. Treasure Island is always growing and expanding, looking toward the future. If you are looking at being a part of a growing company & a department that is very progressive, I would strongly recommend the Security Department at Treasure Island Resort & Casino!
Pros
Excellent benefits (have our own on sight medical clinic), teamwork oriented atmosphere, 4-10 hour day schedule (three consecutive days off each week).
Cons
Will work weekends however current Officers are given first opportunity to bid when openings occur.
Treasure Island
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 29, 2016
It's a great place to go and have fun but also a great place to work in. Everyone there is very friendly and you feel welcome once you walk into the building. It's absolutely incredible.
Great Co-workers, Poor Communication
Box Office Attendant (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 13, 2016
The co-workers in my department are fun to work with and make the work enjoyable. My greatest frustration with this employer is a lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Safety Bonuses, Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Communication
Pleasing to the eyes, challenges growth and learning.
Buffet Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNSeptember 24, 2015
This is a very physically demanding job. I enjoy lots of customer interaction. My boss is supportive ad pleasant to work with.
Pros
Fast pace, fun place to work
Cons
Short brakes
Not loyal to employees.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 20, 2015
After 16 years put in most in management positions, I was let go for something very petty. I put in large amounts of hours, came in barely able to walk and was still let go for trivial reasons.
Surveillance Operator (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNMay 17, 2015
Fun work environment
Diverse and friendly staff
Great benefits
Knowledgeable and experienced superiors
Ever-changing settings and adjustments to surroundings
fun. fun. fun
Cashier/Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJanuary 21, 2015
By far the best job I have ever had. I worked in a restaurant over night and it was amazing. You met some nice people. The only thing I have to say is that management isn't the greatest. Hours are long but worth it.
Pros
tips, snacks, coworkers, customers
Cons
Hard to get hours that work with my schooling and kids
Passport Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 24, 2014
I enjoy my job at Treasure Island, however I am also going to school and with the added 2 hour commute every day and trying to get some time with my children, I am trying to see what I could find closer to Rochester. I am trying to keep hours that work with my school hours, unfortunately I do need to sleep also,
Pros
Great place to work, great people
Cons
hours not working
Fun working place, Great environment, Great understanding supervisors and Great Co-workers
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work was to wait for morning meeting, then get your list of rooms though out the day. Go set up your cart and your off on your own to clean your rooms the way you were trained.
I learned from this job was how to properly clean a room, and to do it with in the time given.
Management was great, if you needed anything at all you were always welcomed into the office to let your supervisors know what is going on.
Co-workers were great, they helped you when you had a rough day or rough rooms, they made sure they would work the same speed as you with you in the same room, and have positive attitudes to keep each other going.
The hardest part of the job was trying to finish 30+ rooms in a 8 hour shift
The most enjoyable part of the job was everything in over all everyone was nice, everyone worked as a team, great supervisors and very nice communities.
Pros
30 min lunch, Two 15's, Full time healthcare insurance, Employee of the month benefits, Employee discounts
Business/IT Professional
Plan and lead training sessions (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNMarch 17, 2014
Plan and lead training sessions for new and existing clients
Manage all aspects of assigned business and casino applications including installation, implementation, documentations, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting.
Collaborate with other IS staff and vendors to provide support Create, monitor and process user requests in the work order tracking system by following established Procedures.
Great co-workers and benefits
Hospitality Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNMarch 16, 2014
The staff is great and the benefits are great. Management is wonderful and the atmosphere is great.
Fast Paced environment that keeps you on your toes
F&B, E&S, disposables and uniforms buyer (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Everyday is a new challenge.
I've learned so much by working here about the Hospitality business. I am truly grateful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treasure Island Resort & Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Treasure Island Resort & Casino Reviews by Location