TREASURE ISLAND Employee Reviews

Don't do it! Do not work here!
Former Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
To begin I worked at the Reception area as a Front Desk Clerk at Treasure Island. My experience there was bad due to mistreatment from brown nosing peers to some management. Honestly, I really should have left many years ago but I hung in there hoping it would get better. There were good some days and absolutely unbearable on other days. If your goal is to move up in the Hotel department just know that you have to kiss a lot of behinds to get there. And you will basically be a low paid assistant until someone leaves, dies, or gets fired. Hearing the words " Thank You" would be nice sometimes rather than expecting a write up for some of the most ridiculous reasons. When dealing with difficult guests it's like "pulling teeth" to get some of the management team to address the problem. Most of the time they are too busy in the background gossiping to do their jobs. It would kill some of them to do a check out or a check in even when it's busy. It would have been nice if everyone were made to feel like they belonged there not just the ones who are chummy with the managers.
Pros
1 hour break, paid vacation, holiday pay
Cons
Micromanagement, disorganized, favoritism, health insurance, no pay raises
Great team support
GREAT Working Environment w/ A Great Team
Woman Owned And Run Business
Competitive Wages
Sound Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2016
Upper management in Entertainment is awesome. They treat you with respect and dignity. Great benefits and compensation
Pros
great place to work
Cons
No one leaves so advancement is slow
It was a good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 16, 2016
I've earned a great sales experience and my communication skills has improved. Overall it was a great environment with a flexible schedule hours and it was a great opportunity to interact with people.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
there is no paid sick days, holidays nor health benefits.
good starter job
Grocery Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2016
a typical shift for me would be bagging for 15 mins then venture off to work in 5 other departmets for the same pay ive been there for 5 yrs not for the pay or benefits because i get none but for the enviorment and my coworkers but the company itself offers no room for growth in less you work for 13 plus years like i mentioned before ive been there for 5 yrs and just make $10.00 hr.i can thank them for pushing me to do better the support on doing other things is definetly there
Pros
networking
Cons
lousy pay
Great for children
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brookly, New YorkMay 22, 2016
Love the children, having fun playing with them. Overall a great school and learned my strengths and weaknesses regarding teaching. Working as a teacher assistant and allowed my passion for children to grow.
Pros
few
Cons
salary, management
Wonderful staff
Deli Clerk/Cook Deli manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
A good company to work for and opportunity for advancement .I worked for the company for almost three years the only problem was parking.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Parking issues
fun enjoyable place
Buser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day working at treasure island is rewarding and fun due to the fact I get to meet new and interesting people everyday. I learned I can comfortably work in a fast paced environment. Management is over all good but has certain aspects it can improve on. I work with great people who make my job more enjoyable.
Productive and fun place to work!
Resort Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2016
Typical day is booking reservations for guests. Management is awesome and accommodating. Co-workers are fun and talkative. The thing I enjoy most is talking to all different people from around the world!
it was an experience, both good and bad.
Pizza Maker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2016
you had work, but then you had drama of everyone into it or managers not really doing their job. more so concerned about friendships than actually coming to work to actually do your job.
Pros
discount for employees
Cons
less personal life situations and more business an professional.
Customers are always right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
I learned that quality customer service is important even when dealing with a difficult customer. Treasure Island is a place where respect is shown to all who a part of the team and the consumer as well.
Great!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  134 W 29th st, New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
working at Treasure Island Storage is Great! The vibe you get working with so many different people looking for storage for so many different things is wonderful!
Fun & Boring Work Environment
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
Working At Treasure Island was fun but the supervisors never had nothing for you to do once your shift started they would always come up with last minute jobs. Treasure Island Was so unorganized with the work schedule & the staff was disrespectful & unprofessional
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2016
Great place to work. Most workers have stayed since day one of opening. Most everyone works well together and pitches in to help each other. They are like family. Best run kitchen I have ever worked out of in over over 30 years! They run smooth.
Pros
Management does listen and really seems to care!
Cons
Not enough hours since people have senority since dsy one. 23 years
Awful experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Coffee shopJune 2, 2016
Was hired as a server for the coffee shop and right off the bat I knew taking the job was a mistake. Management is ridiculous For example, one day right when I clocked in i was told to go on break when I said no (because i had just gotten to work) I was told to go and sit in the corner and figure out my "attitude" problem.... (no i am not kidding).
Also on two occasions my uniforms were missing and they didnt have loners that fit me and one manager said that not having uniforms was no excuse and I would be written up for a short call out as I was not "prepared" to work.... huh? Uniform room loses my uniforms and it was my fault.
Co workers are just nuts. Training is a joke.
I have been in food sevice a long time and never saw such a horror show.
The place is over all a dump, and since it is privately owned it has been on a very rapid decline. Food in the EDR is horrendous! On more then one occasion they had molded bread out for sandwiches, most times the hot line looked and tasted like a hot mess.
Only safe items were sealed Yogurts or puddings but had to check expiration dates as some times they were expired.
They give no perks or discounts to employees and overall could care less about you.
There are much better places to work. Trust me look elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Good Job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Great place to work free lunch- paid vacations- paid holidays it was a great place to show up on a daily good work fair pay I liked working for them
Pros
good place to work
Cons
uniforms were a little hot
Good teamwork.
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNMay 31, 2016
Normal day at work begins with the second i walk in the door first shift is rushing to get out of the door no matter if we are busy or not. We where lucky if all of our employees scheduled for the night showed up. Our schedule was week by week so you never know what your week is going to look like. Very understaffed, so you never know if your going to get the days you request off approved until the week of. No time for your family, this place is very stressful. But for those employees willing to hang on work well together.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Bad managment
Dont work here...
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
Management training for the front desk is very terrible. They don't care about their employees...it's all favoritism at the front desk. No matter if you ask for help you will not get it. Bad place to work....
customers was always pleasant.
cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
busy morning, slow around lunch time
i learned about different food cultures.
management was fair.
great co-workers.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
no benefits for no one except managers
relaxed place to work
Salon/Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
it was a calm place to work, we had to fold towels, walk guest to the appointments for there massages, also stock all the water for the guest. etc
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lazy co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TREASURE ISLAND. Our community is ready to answer.

65%