TREASURE ISLAND Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work .
AS. MANAGER OF DELI (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2017
the begin of the day started with me taking customers orders for meat orders.Then i would prepare the salads for the day as well catering orders .I would clean up for the night close .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break, bad store mangers
It was ok, i may work there again
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 30, 2017
It was a job, it was relaxed for the most part, but there were a few managers that didn't want to be there, and it showed. It was my first valet job in las vegas , and then i got a job at cosmopolitan.
friendly environment
System admin (Former Employee) –  LautokaOctober 29, 2017
will definitely work with them if i ever go back to Fiji islands. my first job had great experience with people and also building my skills. can never go wrong when it comes to feeling comfortable at your job.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
its back home in Fiji
Started out great turned into a nightmare
Maid (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2017
16 years and every time it changed owners it got worse. At the end management expected the impossible and had no sympathy for anyone. It is management that determins whether you are a happy and work hard or miserable and do the bare minimum. The managers are not properly trained or respectful to any employee under them. I had witnessed yelling, cussing,and even throwing things when they in front of guest. There is no praise but plenty of degrading. They will lie to cover their own butts knowing full well your job could be on the line. The place is filthy and again nobody seems to care about ACTUALLY making things better. STAY AWAY!! When you don't take care of your employees don't expect them to take care of you.
Pros
I met some very nice people, and benefits were good.
Very nice casino
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2017
Have a excellent Human Resources. very good team. It has many benefits.
housekeeping dept
Hotel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNOctober 2, 2017
over worked, under paid, poor management, there nothing else to say about this company. If you open your mouth about anything being wrong or someone or something is not following their own rules, you are "walked". Meaning terminated.
Pros
paid lunch time
Cons
managment
Love what I do
Gilley Girl (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 24, 2017
I have learned a lot working at Treasure Island and now I'm ready to add to my experience. I enjoy the work environment and all the repeat clientele we get through excellent customer service.
Great staff
House Person (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
Very good environment and great place to work just have to wait through being on call to last. Other than hours I wouldn't change a thing about Treasure Island.
I loved my job, but I didn't love working.
Retail Sales Associate/ jeweler in training (Former Employee) –  Alexandria Bay, NYAugust 28, 2017
I loved what I was SUPPOSED to do here, however the owners didn't create a good work environment. Although my manager and I were close and she is incredible, we both ended up leaving due to the owners in consistency and the stressful work environment we were placed under. Starting off, I did love my job and how creative I got to be through making jewelry and working with customers... it just didn't end so well.
Pros
Discounts, creative atmosphere
Cons
Often inconsistent schedules, stressful work place.
Severely Stressful
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNAugust 21, 2017
Poor management and lack of thought for employees. A very hostile environment. They treat you like just a number and don't really care if you have a life or family outside of work.
Awful work experience
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2017
They are very inconsiderate with their fellow employees. Managers do not know how to speak or treat an employee, my experience there with the produce manager was horrible, he was very unprofessional yelling at me in front of customers.
Good money
I'm not saying (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNAugust 13, 2017
Great money and benefits, but it's hard to have a family life. I get along with almost everyone but the higher ups protect some of the most awful people who are not good at their job and are just there for a paycheck then that just leaves the rest of us to pick up the slack. That sucks.
Pros
Great benefits, good money
Cons
no weekends off
Fun
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJuly 30, 2017
Treasure island was a fun place to work. Lots of different types of people to interact with. The atmosphere is also fun to be in. It's unlike other jobs in three area.
wouldnt recommend to anyone
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Welch, MNJuly 23, 2017
if you are a hard worker b prepard to do your work plus everyone elses. if you are a slacker no worries someone else will finish your work for you. management sucks they will not work with you no matter the situation and do not appreciate the hard workers and baby the ones who do nothing all day
Pros
incentive, paid lunch, good benefits
Cons
horrible supervisors, have to do everyones work for them on top of your own
Privately owned company
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2017
Good company to work for, easy to get along with everyone. Nothing bad to say. Better to transfer in company than to leave to a new one. Easy to learn what your jobs duties are.
Fun work place
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
It was a fun working experience for a teenager. It was a fairly simple job and had a good time working with everyone. During summer it is really really hot.
fun fast pace place to work
Poker room supervisor (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNJune 19, 2017
your in a temperature controlled environment so its nice i the winter and summer. for the area the pay is fair. you work a lot of hours and its a great starting job but if you have any criminal history its really hard to get in.
Amazing people to work with!
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Welch, MNJune 11, 2017
Great, fun and enjoyable place to work. Benefits are GREAT! Vacation pay, holiday pay and a bonus holiday as well. Management is very easy to work with and always make sure people are happy!
Benefits
ok place to work if you dont have any other options
Bartender/Apprentice Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2017
Gilleys was a typical fun bar environment, until upper management started being replaced every 3 to 6 months and hiring bar managers with not having a clue to what goes on in a bar, due to no previous management experience. workplace culture was very good and fun when everyone wasn't being micromanaged. the hardest part of the job was honestly just putting my head down and letting the managers walk all over everyone including myself. because I had a family to support. the best part of the job was all those great nights when things were busy and people were happy. I didn't see many
of those days in the last year of employment. I would not recommend any one to seek employment here..
Pros
energetic fun place from time to time with great co-workers
Cons
poor poor managment, in the last two years and not getting better.
Not that bad
Lead Observer/Assistant Surveillance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2017
I have had only a few bad days while on the job. All in all not that bad. I always got paid on time. I was given time and space to excel at my job, and I am greatfull.