TREASURE ISLAND

TREASURE ISLAND Employer Reviews

Prodctive, fun workplace with a family oriented team atmosphere
table games dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Pros: small casino with large fast paced games where i learned a lot.
Cons: the property was sold to someone who didn't appreciate it's history
Dealing at The Treasure Island was a crazy and fun time. Vegas was in the midst of a brand change. I learned an immense amount about my job and life. I enjoyed all 5 years I spent there.
little gem
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 20, 2014
Company went out of business, fun, unique store, family oriented
Great place
Deli Department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: strict rules
Great locations near downtown and polite customers. Pay and benefits are good even at entry levels. Food is great so no need to go out for lunch and everyone is helpful.
comfortable quiet eniviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2014
Good job to have during the summer for a little cash. Good job for diverse networking. Met a lot of great people.
underpaid under appreciated
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free food, good co-workers
Cons: rude managers, low pay, very poor chance of advancement. constant pay check mistakes
I worked there for 6 months till I realized you won't be going anywhere with your job, as there are security officers that have been working there since the casino opened. On top of an extremely unpleasant manager, the work environment was just not something I wanted to stick around for long. Though my amazing co-workers made my time somewhat worth – more... while, it just wasn't enough. – less
Longtime employee
Custodial Technician (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: breaks can be cut short
I have worked at the casino for almost 30 years. I started when it was a bingo hall and watched it grow to present.

Being in security has its pros and cons. You do meet many people from all walks of life. My job is to check IDs to keep minors out, theft reports, assist with unruly guests. The con is being on the receiving end with guests when they – more... have lost an item or theft.

You are the first and last impression for guests – less
work hard
auditor/supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2013
Casino life is very hard. Lots of opportunity. Just know your worth
Excellent place to grow.
Assistant Manager of Coffee Shop & Room Service (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 1, 2013
Pros: grass-roots staff. many employees have been there since day 1.
Cons: tough to get over the flux in clientele.
Treasure Island was an awesome place to work. You have the ability to advance quickly if you set your mind to it and everyone there works with a mentality of offering mentoring and coaching to anyone who wants it.
Company Bankrupt
Hallmark Manager (Former Employee), Toms River, NJOctober 18, 2013
Was fun while it lasted! I learned a lot in my time with this company.
Paid every week
Vault Cashier (Former Employee), Red Wing, MNSeptember 13, 2013
co-workers ok some times too many bosses. most part enjoyed the people
Fun workplace with amazing peers and supervisors
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Welch, MNApril 24, 2013
Pros: break every hour, amazing peers
Cons: drunken customers, high pressure
Deal Blackjack for an hour then take a 15minute break, rinse and repeat till the job is over.

This job taught me how to deal with customers who are upset ( they generally lose money )

The hardest part about this job was dealing with drunken customers who tend to insult you alot.
Two breakrooms, easy to get to on short breaks.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2013
Pros: good parking. free lunch
Cons: no benifits until full time.
Good people to work with. Someone new to talk to everyday. Other dealers are helpful and easy to talk to. Schedule posted 2 weeks in advance.
scheduling was never certain
Busboy/Laborer (Former Employee), las vegasMarch 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad scheduling
workplace was not bad but the schedule was never certain working different hours of every week.
Good Pay but not a very enjoyable atmosphere
Hospitality Traveler (Former Employee), Welch, MNFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management, no team work
I liked how much I could earn having this job but the job itself wasn't that great. The employees were always bad mouthing each other and made going to work a dreadful experience.
Fun and exciting work enviroment.
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJSeptember 5, 2012
Treasure Island was a great experience since it was a seasonal store. The main department gave me the chance to be creative in the set up of the layout of the floor plan and to be creative with displaying the merchandise.
Day at Treasure Island
Front-end Supervisor/ Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2012
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: sometimes i do not get breaks
Treasure Island Foods is a family grown business that has 7 locations throughout the Chicago land area. I work full time as a customer service supervisor. I have a store of 160 employees. Every day is something different which I love.
As for my duties nothing is below my title. If I need to grab a til and go open up or bag I have no problem. I like – more... to trouble shoot every situation. I not only balance the stores total sales for the day, I also help with the inventory quarterly. Check dates of products in the store so we have can pass city health inspections without getting ticketed. The hardest part of the job for me leaving the job there and not taking it home with me. We are a very close knit family and if there is a problem or an emergency we are always there for each other. – less
generally a good place of employment
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 19, 2012
good general direction from Director-ship. the company's main financial goals are to beat last year; not to create budgets just to change them and not have them achieved
Fun Place to work at.
Room Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2012
Pros: free lunches, good benefits
Cons: n/a
Was a good place to waork as a team player.Managers were very helpful .
Fun and allowed you to express oneself
PABX Operator and Showroom Usher/Fountain Worker (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NvJanuary 8, 2012
Pros: family atmosphere, free lunches and very caring
Cons: variety of food in the edr
It was fun working here, it felt like being apart of a family. Everyone cared, if help was needed it was given.
Friendly Staff
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee), RotherhamOctober 5, 2014
Treasure Island is a very friendly and fun atmosphere to work in. I really enjoy working there as it teaches you a lot of skills. The hardest part of my job is probably when it get really busy and you're trying to serve as many people as possible as it can become quite overwhelming. But the staff all reassure you and help out if you're struggling. I – more... love making the kids happy for example when I paint their faces and their smiley happy faces give you a sense of achievement because you know you've done a good job. – less