Treasury Wine Estates Employee Reviews in United States

great company
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 13, 2016
Great benefits, good company. you must be able to work on weekends and different shifts. Treasury Wine Estates runs 24/6
Low company morale
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Did not have a good experience here, low company morale. Bad management. Different departments did not work together as a team.
Very productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Great communication and working as a team.
The people there are very polite.
Management is great and they are well guided.
Interesting employment
Safety (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 14, 2015
Interesting job to have but uneasy at the same time. Very competitive and political, but has its perks. Working for this company will bring something different to your work life, always something to talk about.
Pros
Wine industry perks
Cons
Management is constantly changing
Great benefits, terrible leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 8, 2015
After being told that the work climate is in a state of change for the better, I quickly found out that that is not the case. I witnessed nepotism, discrimination and many forms of favoritism. When I addressed them, as I was requested to do, my imediate superiors began to treat me differently, and started scheduling me extra days, and even falsifying reports as to my attendance. I was able to get positive results, better performance numbers and a more equipped team in 2 months of employment there than the manager who terminated me had in 3 years. I could finish my daily duties and start working on my peers projects in 8.5 hours, but the manager demanded I stay a minimum of 10 hours, in order to give the appearance to the director that "we" are fulfilling our obligations.
Pros
Great benefits within the industry and other companies.
Cons
longer than necessary hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, lack of organization.
An unstable US operation
Site Operations Manager - Napa Bottling Center (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 3, 2015
Australian company. Australian management does not understand US market with the result that there are winery sales and lay-offs every six months.
Hard working and dependable Man
Packaging Technician I (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2015
I have worked for Treasury/ Beringer for 15 years. I have learned well from the excellent people I have worked with and have enjoyed the Inventory Process and the learning from all different cultures and peoples.
Great products, Brands and Co workers
Director Business Insights and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 11, 2014
This is a fast paced company with many opportunities for growth. Great global organization which will expand your perspective due to the true global organization. World class products from around the all the critical wine locations from around the globe.
Pros
the finest line in wine
Cons
new start up - still working out the processes
Troubled company but good experience overall
Sales & Hospitality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 24, 2014
Lower level management is typically friendly and easy to work with, however it seems like corporate is incredibly disorganized, and they make very questionable decisions. TWE has been struggling for a long time, but a job at one of the wineries is a good place to be.
Pros
great wineries. good people.
Cons
no advancement into better positions. corporate culture is very bizarre.
Very dysfunctional organization. A sinking ship.
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 7, 2014
I worked at Treasury for over 5 years. When I started I thought I landed in heaven. My superiors and co-workers were awesome then things began to change. Outsiders were brought in at director and VP roles that were very negative and only wanted to lay off people.

The outsiders brought in their non performing friends to act as yes men and women. With the constant pending layoffs everyone is afraid and always looking for another job.

The damage has been done and it would take a miracle to right the ship at this point. It's no secret that the company may be divided and sold off in pieces.
Pros
good life/work balance. nice portfolio of wines
Cons
cronyism and negativity. horrible management
Wonderful people, still in a transitional phase with management
Trade Marketing Manager, 'Masstige' Brands (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 21, 2013
This company needs several more years of positive revenue in order to recover from the management changes and low morale. However wonderful brands and people keep the company afloat
Great place to start if your new in the business
Executive (Former Employee) –  caAugust 26, 2013
I'm happy to have had the opportunity to work with a great boss.
Sad state of affairs
Employee (Current Employee) –  NapaAugust 17, 2013
Good old boys club dictates, meaning nothing improves and job security is non-existent. Beware.
Pros
comp & benefits
Cons
everything else
Horrible experience!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 19, 2013
I worked as a temporary employee for TWE and was treated horribly by the Manager in the department I was working in. Basically, if they like you and you fit into their click, you are in, if not watch your back! It shocks me that a corporation like this would even keep someone on staff that functions this way and treats their employees so horribly, what does that say about TWE?
Pros
free stuff every now and then, benefits, decent pay
Cons
management and office politics
Not the best place to work
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 1, 2013
Treasury is a very political place to work. Doesn't matter if you are a good employee or not, If you're not part of the circle and don't know how to keep the upper management happy by agreeing to whatever they say, then you are out.
Its the most stressful place that I have worked in the last 10 years.
Pros
good portfolio of wines
Cons
everything about working there.
Very lean corporate business model based on analysts, distributor execution and spend per case.
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2013
My experience with Treasury Wine Estates was extremely positive for the first 3 years I was there. Everyone had a job to do and you were left alone to complete the task. Groups and individuals were recognized for above average performance and the culture of the company was one of a family all working towards the same goal.

The company went through tremendous change over the past two years and as a result, a more corporate modeled structure was implemented where micro management and analysts were valued higher then sales experience and market relationships.
Pros
great wines, large supplier with extended distributor focus, nielsen driven
Cons
very poor work/life balance, constantly reorganizing and eliminating positions, little recognition
Productive workplace
WIM Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAOctober 22, 2012
A typical day includes lots of multi-tasking and prioritization. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The motto is work hard, play hard.