Treasury Wine Estates Employee Reviews

Notoriously awful reputation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 29, 2017
They are notorious for their churn and burn approach to talent in Napa Valley. Most people are laid off within a few months of being hired. The morale among employees is extremely low as well. They frequently ask employees to spam sites like this with fake five star reviews.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Nice People, Hard Workers
Supplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 31, 2016
I had the pleasure of being a contract worker at Treasury Wine Estates, Very nice people who really know their wine and are passionate about the culture.

I hope to get hired on with them permanently in the future.
Wine all the way.
Sr. BI Lead/ Sr. Tech Analyst (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 18, 2016
Accomplish the tasks and you will be rewarded with the best wine available. Extensive collaboration with the business users and develop solutions. Amazing workplace and coworkers.
great team great learning
Asst Hospitality Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calistoga CaAugust 15, 2016
High volume high revenue target destination. motivated staff - scheduling - daily financial reports. opening/closing registers. banking.
great company
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 13, 2016
Great benefits, good company. you must be able to work on weekends and different shifts. Treasury Wine Estates runs 24/6
Low company morale
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 10, 2016
Did not have a good experience here, low company morale. Bad management. Different departments did not work together as a team.
Don't do it!
management (Former Employee) –  St. Helena, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This place is laughable. If you care anything about your own wellbeing this is not the place. The organization is constantly re-organizing management and staff, and if you are not able to navigate through all the different egos and styles, you will be in jeopardy of losing your job, which has it's own stresses.

Classic cooperate winemaking. The place works off of recipes and no winemaker ever needs to even walk in to the cellar. The new folks especially at Beringer just make wine from there computer screens upstairs rather than actually participate in the process.

Egos galore! With very little respect for the hardworking folks that actually do all the labor,

Interns avoid this company like the plague, too much back-biting, and miserable people to make this a fun place to work.
Pros
Cheap wine
Cons
Cheap wine
Very productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Great communication and working as a team.
The people there are very polite.
Management is great and they are well guided.
Interesting employment
Safety (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMay 14, 2015
Interesting job to have but uneasy at the same time. Very competitive and political, but has its perks. Working for this company will bring something different to your work life, always something to talk about.
Pros
Wine industry perks
Cons
Management is constantly changing
Great benefits, terrible leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 8, 2015
After being told that the work climate is in a state of change for the better, I quickly found out that that is not the case. I witnessed nepotism, discrimination and many forms of favoritism. When I addressed them, as I was requested to do, my imediate superiors began to treat me differently, and started scheduling me extra days, and even falsifying reports as to my attendance. I was able to get positive results, better performance numbers and a more equipped team in 2 months of employment there than the manager who terminated me had in 3 years. I could finish my daily duties and start working on my peers projects in 8.5 hours, but the manager demanded I stay a minimum of 10 hours, in order to give the appearance to the director that "we" are fulfilling our obligations.
Pros
Great benefits within the industry and other companies.
Cons
longer than necessary hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, lack of organization.
An unstable US operation
Site Operations Manager - Napa Bottling Center (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAApril 3, 2015
Australian company. Australian management does not understand US market with the result that there are winery sales and lay-offs every six months.
Hard working and dependable Man
Packaging Technician I (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2015
I have worked for Treasury/ Beringer for 15 years. I have learned well from the excellent people I have worked with and have enjoyed the Inventory Process and the learning from all different cultures and peoples.
Great products, Brands and Co workers
Director Business Insights and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 11, 2014
This is a fast paced company with many opportunities for growth. Great global organization which will expand your perspective due to the true global organization. World class products from around the all the critical wine locations from around the globe.
Pros
The finest line in wine
Cons
New start up - still working out the processes
Troubled company but good experience overall
Sales & Hospitality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 24, 2014
Lower level management is typically friendly and easy to work with, however it seems like corporate is incredibly disorganized, and they make very questionable decisions. TWE has been struggling for a long time, but a job at one of the wineries is a good place to be.
Pros
Great wineries. Good people.
Cons
No advancement into better positions. Corporate culture is very bizarre.
Very dysfunctional organization. A sinking ship.
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 7, 2014
I worked at Treasury for over 5 years. When I started I thought I landed in heaven. My superiors and co-workers were awesome then things began to change. Outsiders were brought in at director and VP roles that were very negative and only wanted to lay off people.

The outsiders brought in their non performing friends to act as yes men and women. With the constant pending layoffs everyone is afraid and always looking for another job.

The damage has been done and it would take a miracle to right the ship at this point. It's no secret that the company may be divided and sold off in pieces.
Pros
Good life/work balance. Nice portfolio of wines
Cons
Cronyism and negativity. Horrible management
Wonderful people, still in a transitional phase with management
Trade Marketing Manager, 'Masstige' Brands (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 21, 2013
This company needs several more years of positive revenue in order to recover from the management changes and low morale. However wonderful brands and people keep the company afloat
Great place to start if your new in the business
Executive (Former Employee) –  caAugust 26, 2013
I'm happy to have had the opportunity to work with a great boss.
Sad state of affairs
Employee (Current Employee) –  NapaAugust 17, 2013
Good old boys club dictates, meaning nothing improves and job security is non-existent. Beware.
Pros
Comp & benefits
Cons
Everything else
Horrible experience!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 19, 2013
I worked as a temporary employee for TWE and was treated horribly by the Manager in the department I was working in. Basically, if they like you and you fit into their click, you are in, if not watch your back! It shocks me that a corporation like this would even keep someone on staff that functions this way and treats their employees so horribly, what does that say about TWE?
Pros
Free stuff every now and then, benefits, decent pay
Cons
Management and office politics
Not the best place to work
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 1, 2013
Treasury is a very political place to work. Doesn't matter if you are a good employee or not, If you're not part of the circle and don't know how to keep the upper management happy by agreeing to whatever they say, then you are out.
Its the most stressful place that I have worked in the last 10 years.
Pros
good portfolio of wines
Cons
everything about working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treasury Wine Estates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3