Treat America Food Services Employee Reviews

Hard work with great staff
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
When I started working at Roche, as a contractor, the company I worked for was Crystal Food Service owned by Marsh Supermarkets. They sold the company a few years after I started to Treat America based out of Kansas City.

I was the General Manager overlooking three cafeterias and the corporate catering. Our budget went down and our quality of service remained high. I had a team of employees who worked well together and did a great job handling the fast paced jobs that we all had.

I enjoyed the Mon-Fri hours so I could enjoy my family life. I enjoyed my boss, District Manager, as he empowered me to do my job well.
Pros
Free lunches, Great Staff, Rewarding Job
Cons
Distance from home (1hr)
good environment
Warehouse Worker / Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJuly 17, 2017
Learned a lot during my time with the company from the basics of logistics to proper management. Enjoyed showing up everyday and seeing what new things i could use to better myself in the company.
Fun work place to work
MONEY ROOM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2017
I love and care for the company that is why I stick with my job for over 11 years until now. Even though the benefit is okay. I have learned a lot of my responsibility into the job especially with the a lot of money in our room. The hardest part of my job is when our room is not balance right then we have find out where it is. I enjoy working with people I love, my boss is the best.
This company has lost its way
FSD (Former Employee) –  IndplsMarch 30, 2017
HR has totally taken over a company that is so poorly managed that the only contracts they get are the ones Aramark and Compass don't want. The new supervisor for Indy isn't going to be able to change that either. Hired based on longevity instead of people skills. All the good managers have left or are leaving. Treat needs to stick to vending and let better companies run the cafes
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Too many to list
Lenexa company kitchen sucks
Order filler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 24, 2017
The pay was horrible the only reason I was making decent money because the first year we were getting a lot of overtime the lead supervisor for the order filler side right now is weak and does not know how to be a good supervisor he scared of confrontation in the company is not a good company to work for I wouldn't do it if I were you.....
Working for Treat America Food Services
Chef Manager/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2017
While working for TA I learned so many different skills, and was given the opportunity to work with great people who are always will to help but also stand back and let you learn on your own.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cold
Head Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indpls inNovember 19, 2016
I had to reapply at another location very disappointed in the company take all night to tell u about this company nothing good to tell u about this company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch only off clock
Terrible management
Pack out (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 13, 2016
Management was awe fuel unethical foul language Awful to work for. No training expected to do a job without training then they got mad when yo did not know what the job entailed.
Pros
Unethical foul language by manager
Cons
Nothing good to say about company
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasSeptember 25, 2016
Co-workers were nice. Simple menu. No evenings, weekends or holidays. Low paying job. Expensive benefits. Upper management was very unprofessional and disorganized, especially the HR department. They do not value their front line employees and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. Revolving door, high employee turnover.
Pros
Nice co-workers, decent schedule
Cons
Terrible management; low wages; poor benefits
False advertising
Never worked for them (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2016
I applied for this company in the KCMO area for their food service position. I got a call to come in for an interview. I get to the interview & meet with this guy telling me that they're looking for a driver. I was extremely frustrated because my time and money was wasted. The posting says nothing about a needing a driver's license, or a driver. The position called for a food service worker at a midtown location. This company seems very unprofessional and unorganized to me. I haven't worked for them &wouldn't want you after that experience. Beware people.
Pros
I haven't experienced any
Cons
They're confused about what position they want to fill
Food Service,Guest Service
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2016
Excellent food service company to work for. Great people,quality food. Great guest service within all aspects of the company.
Lack of support from Corporate Office.
Catering, FOH, Vending Mgr (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 26, 2016
No support from upper management.
3 years hard work w/ no financial compensation.
Judged because of my tattoos by upper management.
Pros
Nights and weekends off. Bonus.
Cons
Low morale among employees.
Spacious Workplace and great customers
food service (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Learned a lot everyday.
Serves breakfast and lunch. I learned a lot administrative work. A very nice location for this company (Treat America).
Most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody get along and having big events for the company i.e. Holiday Party.
Hardest part of the job is when needed to talk to HR or other big bosses. It is hard to reach for them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
communicating main office
Decent Job
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2015
A typical day at work is just driving around filling vending machines. It can be back breaking work as you are constantly lifting and carrying totes full of snacks and crates full of pop. You get to work by yourself and it is a "work at your pace" kind of job. The faster you get all your stops done, the sooner you'll be off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours
terrible place to work
money room clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2015
The manager in the money room acts nice when you are there for awhile but after that she treats you like a dog and talks down to you and makes you feel little, and she is very rude and sarcastic on purpose, nobody likes her, they've lost all original employees due to this problem they won't fix! The head manager of the dept. quite also. Do not waste your time working here, you will end up in jail or hurting someone.
Pros
the other people in the company are nice
Cons
you work in one small room with some one terrible
Great restaurant with one ill tempered manager
Catering Coordinator and caterer (Former Employee) –  Des MoinesMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Splash because it is very fast paced and independent. I learned a lot about different varieties of seafood and wine. One manager was very hot headed and yelled at many employees. It was intense. Other than that-no complaints.
Pros
discounted fresh seafood
Cons
the manager
Great place to work.
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2015
Day to day must be a self starter. my managers jive me the freedom to make and fix my own mistakes. Co-work around me do what needs to be done without having to be asked. I love working with the customers.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
pay lower than I would like.
Horrible
Food line worker (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 27, 2015
Even if it is your last resort do not take this job it's dirty they are non compliant the managers are horrible the upper staff don't know what they're doing harassment and so on. They are Unorganized, roaches everywhere I can't believe they're still open to top it all off they serve food to customers and when the health department came in they looked over everything!! Disappointed in the system. They would prewarn the cooks and everyone in the back to get rid of old things and try to pick up asap before inspector got to there section its Ridiculous. Never will I point my finger in there direction for work at all by no means!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!! Dirty unhealthy and unethical
Cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSSeptember 15, 2014
Great company to work for if you need to start somewhere
maintain cash payable
problem solving
customer realtions
Not a good company to work for
Chef (Former Employee) –  WVSeptember 5, 2014
The company's culture is all about the bottom line, can't get the tools you need to do the job. They expect you to work with a very limited staff. Horrible benefits that cost as much as if you got them on your own. No help from upper management in fact they are basically nonexistent. They could be a good company in future if they changed the way they conduct business and treat the employees.
Pros
None that come to mind
Cons
bad insurance, no structure, management doesnt seem to care, they will tell you one thing but do the oppisite

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Treat America Food Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6