Treat America Employee Reviews in United States

I need a creative environment with creative culinary challenges daily. I like to groom a team that thrives on the success.
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2015
My passion is always the satisfaction of the customer. I long to see the satisfaction on a patron's face while enjoying my creations prepared and executed by myself as well as my staff. I love to share the compliments with my staff to bolster there enthusiasm and make them strive to meet and exceed my standards. Teamwork and accountability are paramount to any successful endeavor.
Negative Environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2015
There is no room for promotion and management is terrible. You work in an environment were you manager is negative and is very disrespectful.
Pros
You get off early enough to miss traffic on the highway
Cons
You only have 45 minutes to get lunch out and you never get any breaks
I'm a hard worker but they work you as slaves.
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KansasJuly 9, 2015
In some places your the only one at the unit for four hours and you don't have time to go to the bathroom or take a break. Then they give you forty five minute to break down the line from breakfast to Lunch.
Pros
fellow employees are great people
Cons
no Breaks
working together with coworker having fun getting the job done.
Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2015
ordering food setting up cleaning sweeping moping keeping the place clean checking the food to see if it,s ok.....making sure you get alone with your coworker and make the boss proud.....
great place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2015
my days always went fast and they always doing something. you are always staying busy and always have something to do and you are always happy everyone I worked with was great
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health care
American Sweatshop
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 1, 2015
If you like going in at 3AM and working until almost 5PM with no breaks or lunch (of course you can take them but makes your day longer) and working with cheap, faulty electronics that you need to do your job. Then get yelled at by the Process Manager if one thing is not completed properly, then this is the place for you! This is five days a week with rotating mandatory Saturdays. And for pay that is marginal at that. New management all coming from one of the top beverage companies have decided to squeeze as much in profits as possible and if that means high turnover it's something they are prepared to accept. Operations manager in Lenexa is in way over his head and has negative people skills to boot, and he is a bully to women. Nothing is done to help drivers do their jobs only to save money. If anything is wrong it's always your fault. Pep talk once a month to feed falsehoods to the gullible. Any perks are just window dressing. This company is headed for a fall and management is too inept to see it. You can't work people like this and maintain quality. Without quality you are at a disadvantage with competition because everyone has the same products and Treat is high priced. Only take a job there if you are a masochist!
Pros
Good coworkers and customers. Support staff very competent.
Cons
Abusive, incompetent management and stupid rules that make job harder.
Very Poor Training and Management
Contract Feeding (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2015
Disrespectful senior management and co-workers.
Management plays favorites if they like you your treated well
if not they demote you and treat you badly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks except lunch and no overtime
Good place to work if you work in Indianapolis or Omaha
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas cityFebruary 4, 2015
Not a bad company to work if you are in Omaha or Indianapolis, but if you are in Kansas City, terrible. No training for management, HR is a big Joke. All they worry is about themselves, they have no interest on their employees. The hardest part of the job is long hours with no compensation.
If you want to work for this company expect negative feed back from upper management, most employees that still there feel like slaves.
Pros
good employees
Cons
they work you to dead.
Stressful job
Line - haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 8, 2015
I would rather not review this company . The vehicles were very unsafe and the hours flirted with braking DOT laws . The management would not listen to the drivers .
good hardworking company with good and fun people.
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2015
I would Show up Stock the food, candy and pop lines before we started then I would spend the next 7 hours pulling candy , food , and pop then loading the onto trucks.

I learned how to work at a very fast productive pace and how to push myself to get the extra bit of work done.

All of my coworkers were very nice and very fun to work with.

The hardest part was adjusting to sometimes having to stay 3 or 4 hours past my shift but I adjusted to it quickly.

The most enjoyable part was just all the great people I met there.
Pros
great workers, food discounts and consistent overtime.
Cons
just the occasional night when the computer program would not work right.
Great Services
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 21, 2014
Very nice work environment possible raise advantage with better Management training. ..Great pizza Found a very nice establishment whom with little wprk will make a Fabulous Food service invironment
Pros
work hours
Cons
co worker duties and guidelines
Fair employer
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas cityNovember 10, 2014
Compensation is directly related to how much and how hard you are willing to work. Great management staff.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
very long hours
simple job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2014
standing for long periods,heavy lifting,get along with co-workers,long hours,pretty simple.
Pros
discount on food items
customer service
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  kansas city moJuly 28, 2014
assist the cook when he is I need of help. cashier as need and assist the customers when they are in need of help. The hardest part of my job is not getting enough hours.
Pros
off on weekends
Cons
short lunch
Very Laid Back Atmosphere
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 27, 2014
The company is very unorganized, but working on getting things together. Management is ok, but doesn't offer room for individual improvement. Many years here, not much has changed.
Chef
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2014
Very Limtied creativity with tight budget guidelines and very mismanaged
fun place to work,enjoyed the college students and staff
Senior Cook (Former Employee) –  Concordia, KSFebruary 26, 2014
a lot of multi tasking and very busy to be ready for lunch, the days always went fast. all co workers got along well and teamwork was good. always something new to learn or a different way of doing things. my manager was great and taught me to make decisions and in her absence take charge. the hardest part of the job would be never knowing how many we would be serving, and the best part was always getting the job done no matter what was thrown at us.
Pros
manager and staff were great and hard working
Cons
treat didnt offer much to employees, no bonuses, no christmas, no job well done.there visits seemed to bring the team down
Good pay , good work environment .
Route Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2014
Opened branch at 3am and worked 12-13 hrs a day . Ran a route almost everyday due to lack of employees or call offs . Hardest part of job was learning 50 different routes & not knowing which 1 you were gonna be on each day . Independent work with little to no supervision .
Pros
free lunch, ins benefits, paid vacation etc
Cons
long days with salary pay
A company that preaches its family orientated but could care less about its employees
chef de cuisine (Former Employee) –  kansas cityFebruary 14, 2014
Terrible company to work for. Treat recently took over the account that I was working at, it took them five months to install a time clock for the hourly employees. The hr department is a joke. The so called cooperate chef of the company knows more about his daughter basketball team than fesh quality food. Benefits are horrible. And the best part is that I was laid off via email. REALLY EMAIL. If you want to work for a less than average company then treat is for you.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
under paid staff, no training, horrible comunication
Dont waste your time or career
chef (Former Employee) –  denverOctober 26, 2013
The absolute worst company ever worked for. Zero communication with management (in Kansas City), HR, health insurance issues, back stabbing, if you want to work in a poorly run cafeteria have fun.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything

2.6