Tree of Life Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 22, 2018
I volunteered at Tree Of Life, Cat Rescue where I helped to socialise feral cats and kittens that had been rescued from dangerous environments. I played with them, fed them, and cleaned up after them. At some point, I would have learned how to give them medicinal shots, but by that time I had found a job to commit to and the lady in charge let me go because I had missed a couple of days due to the holidays.
Pros
Being around cats
Cons
Lack of communication
Excellent internship opportunity!
Rehab Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 7, 2018
I was able to expand my skill set in the health care field under the supervision of medical professionals caring for traumatic brain injury survivors in a rehabilitation setting.
Great Training
Residential Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2017
The company has great training for new staff. The diversity lacks cohesiveness. There is no room to grow and the stagnant mind of the management makes the environment poor.
Awesome restuarant with a big emphasis on locality and nutrition
Culinary Extern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 24, 2017
The position was an unpaid externship so theres little to judge financially or benefits wise but I can say my experience there was unique and rich. I baked, cooked, prepped, and learned a lot about advertisement and marketing of plant based foods. Job culture was cool to work with employees out a sobriety program with new outlooks on life, and the food was multicultural, delicious, and healthy.
Pros
Free awesome food
Cons
I couldn't stay longer
Clinicals
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 19, 2017
I did a clinical rotation at this facility. It was a great learning experience. I got to work with an inderdiscilplinary team and learn a variety of skills. We even got to go out on public outings with the patients and work on therapy goals.
Company acquired - no longer exists
CIO / VP of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Not applicable as this company is now closed and out of business forever. While they existed, it was a pretty good place to work most days. The location was excellent.
Good place to work but it no longer exists.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Tree of Life no longer exists. KeHE acquired the company and therefore no need to write a review of a nonexistent company. However, you require 150 characters.
nothing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 7, 2017
I was a Order Selector there. I pretty much rode on a electric pallet jack and selected customers orders all day long. Quite boring if you ask me. It went by pretty fast, just boring.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
pay sucked
Productive work place
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  7040 Castor Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19149September 6, 2017
Working at Tree of life is a great experience especially coming straight out of school. I've learn many of my Medical Receptionist skills from their clinic. You meet many of different individuals with wonderful characteristics, and the employees are very helpful.
Pros
Free Lunch ins, Helpful staff members
job
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 3, 2017
I loved my job at Tree of Life. But there were alot of changes and there was a lot of people laid off and I was one of them or I would still be there.
Pros
lived the job, good money
Cons
Got laid off
Wonderful Environment
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJMay 30, 2017
Delegate duties such as typing, copying, and scanning. Hire, terminate, and train staff. Create schedules. Work with the Director to sustain and grow programs and service. Manage administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the organization.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Salary and Benefits were unfair
Wholefoods Warehousing
IT Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-TrentMay 23, 2017
I haven't worked here in a very long time so any review I would submit would not be representative of the current environment; however, this review field is mandatory.
Very fast paced must have patience
Daycare Teacher (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 19, 2017
I loved working here. The kids were amazing. It was a very fast paced job always on your feet. Constantly being asked question. Constantly keeping the kids busy.
Pros
Lunch break and break during nap time
Cons
Noisy
A good learning experience in outside sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
This was a good company to work for. Unfortunately they became nationally a little arrogant about the amount of business they did and began to tell customers what they should be doing, and that is not the proper way to execute sales.
Horrible management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VA 23233March 3, 2017
When a job offers you significantly more than the average, it is rarely because you are a super wonderful person. You can deduce the rest.
Fun workplace
Assistant Director, IT (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 22, 2017
When I was first hired on, my primary duty was ensuring data integrity from universities that came into the Tree of Life (ToL) systems. Also, verifying data that left ToL systems. As I moved up to Assistant Director position, we were getting systems in place to monitor most of the data coming/going, so I started focusing more on sysadmin responsibilities. I worked with VMware hosts, Windows/Linux servers, deploying new on/off site backup solution, helping desktop support when more technical issues came up, and imaging/deploying both physical and virtual solutions. It was challenging in a good way, and make me really enjoy the work.
Pros
Fun and relaxed atmosphere, new technical challenges and opportunities to learn
Cons
Not much upward movement potential
Fresh prepared meals
Server (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2016
everything on the menu is prepared fresh from local bought sources and is just delightful to taste.It is a family like setting and is a wonderful place to work
Fun small business with family oriented crew and staff.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2016
Very family oriented but growing small business that travels Frequently over Jacksonville, St Augustine and many other cities Around the Jacksonville proximity.
well taught and behaved children
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYOctober 27, 2016
my days at work with tree of life were enjoyable. The kids were very well behaved and taught well. they had very good listening skills, nd the teachers were great to learn from.
Great enviroment for kids of all ages
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2016
The work days go by significantly fast. I really enjoy working with children. I have learned patient and communication skills. Co-workers are a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job is having patience all day everyday with the children.
Pros
good scheldules
Cons
health care