Tree of Life Employee Reviews in United States

Myofascial Release Massage, and Craniosacral Therapy.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 27, 2016
Amazing transformation experience! Owner is very knowledgeable, and presents therapy as an integral part of each client's health care plan. Always giving the client the scheduled amount of time, and not rushing the process.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Client cancellation policy not as strict as it should be.
It was a great work area, bad location. Store Closed. Non Profit
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 18, 2015
The Tree of Life Store was a great job, great work environment, bad location. The only customers that came to the store were the ones that knew where we were.
The CEO wanted to make the inventory high class for low and middle class thus removing all items that did not suit her idea. We were left with 6 items in the store. Each item $100.00 or more. Our customers couldn't afford the items and no customers no money coming in thus ending in the store closing.
Typical day was deposit money,count register, promote sale on social media, promote sale in store, clean up a bit if needed, and begin networking through email, phone or chamber meetings.
Only two people worked at the store.
I learned how to run a store from the ground up, from inventory, pricing, networking for donations, setting floor,and promoting sales.
Pros
Great pay, nice hours, only two people in the store.
Cons
Bad location, store closing
Good solid company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 19, 2016
They have a good solid company that has good relations with suppliers. There are some good employees that make it fun to work with, but there are some that have an ego problem.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Not having the same days off
Was a GREAT company to work for.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2015
Tree of Life was an awesome employer. They were genuinely interested in the growth and development of their employees. It is a true shame that they were sold and no longer exists.
A single project for the non-profit WHEEL/SHARE
Project Architect (Former Employee) –  SeatteSeptember 22, 2015
The project took a lot longer than projected due to political red tape, but the client (WHEEL) was very patient and determined. Great collaboration between the design team and the owner.
Pros
A great cause - providing a work of art in a public park
Cons
It took a long time.
Good company to work for...
Sales Collateral Coordinator: Customer Excellence (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 30, 2015
I interact with all of the Divisions of our company on a daily basis. I gather information for our outside reps and put it together in a format that they, in turn, can present to our customers.
Pros
Free samples of new products
Cons
Distance to travel to work
Decent place to work, learn a lot about the food industry.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2015
Ensure routes are dispatch on-time and make adjustments when needed, based off of if the drivers arrive late or call out sick and if the warehouse is running behind. Schedule backhauls for routes and manage the driver day. Supervise the office staff and drivers for daily assignments. Take call from customers to see if additional order can be added to the next day's route. Maintain D.O.T. files and have daily meeting with the Transportation Manager. Liason between Transportation and warehouse.
Great place to work.
Direct Support Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2015
At Grace Place, the individuals were given skills to enhance their educational needs, living-skills, leisure services, and skill-building.
Pros
Client care
Cons
staff support
Great Company!!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 12, 2015
The atmosphere and working conditions were very good and I would have continued to stay on had my personal life not changed. We moved to Maryland shortly after I left.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, bonuses recognition
Cons
Can't remember anything bad about the company.
Productive Family Oriented
E-commerce Mgr, Purchasing Asst; Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 17, 2015
Receptionist, Customer Service, Create and update databases for stores and the internet store, back up sales associate
A fun and great way to nework
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
A typical day worker for Tree of Life is a busy and great way to get out the house and get to know your city.I have learned to manage in different types of work fields.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
You have to stay busy
Productive, great experience working with latino's, young people, but noisy with hysters.
Selector/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 19, 2014
selecting orders, boxing or toting, palletizing, labeling. Running electric pallet jacks. Worked general merchandise then grocery at first, later with accuracy of orders, sent to vitamins... supplied GNC and grocery store over the counter naturapathic and vitamins and went to quality control, checking all dept's orders for accuracy, completeness, and packing. Alert to safety issues for others,self and warehouse.
Pros
good wages, unbelievable benefits cheapest employee participation ever encountered
Cons
10/12 thru 1/3 mandatory 50 plus hours a wk., longest shift worked 16 hrs
externship
PT Max Pain Management (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, paOctober 27, 2014
I was an student extern at "Tree of life" performing office work such as, filing, charting, and answering the telephones. I also performed medical assistance duties in "Pt Max Pain Physical Therapy" as an student extern, performing front and back desk work. I performed different exercise routines with patients, set patients on electronic nerve simulator, assisted patients to the therapist, and did janitorial work through out the day. In conclusion I was hired "on call" after completing my hours of externship.
Pros
hired after completion of externship hours (on call) pt max
Cons
short breaks, externship
this is not just a company but a family
Labor Hand (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJanuary 10, 2015
we started around sunrise and finished up shortly after sun set.
i learned how to run a chainsaw and self discipline.
it was managed by three brothers.
my co workers were like my brothers we became very close.
Pros
friendly peolpe and a great work enviroment
Cons
we worked through lunch most days
Would have stayed if my car didn't break down-no ride!
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2014
It was fun working with some people.Very fast passed,good workout.You would get a list of say 200-300 hundred items,get your hand jack and some boxes and hit the warehouse shelves.Collect said items as fast as you could,your timed at the end of the night!On an average you would have at least 3 lists.Sometimes at the end of shift you help others if you have time.When you got done ,you could leave,sometimes you had to stay longer(couldn't leave til your orders were done)
Pros
could leave when done got paid for time scheduled
Cons
cut throat job some co-workers would hold you up so your time off
Patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tracy City, TNJanuary 2, 2015
The only great thing I can say about this company is if it weren't for the patients the job would suck. They expect you to drop whatever your doing and give you only 30 minutes in advance to go to a patients house which is 40 minutes away from you all because the one employee don't want to go to the house....
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Regional Sales Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2014
Building business in an industry that is consistent and steady, customer service oriented.
Learned importance of customer service at the highest level, as without proper service they will make a change to a competitor.
Management was fair and consistent.
Co-workers were friendly, fun to work with and down to earth.
Hardest part was keeping customers happy and content.
Most enjoyable was actually providing the customer service that help to keep our customer happy.
Pros
job security
Cons
customer fickleness
Typical day at work for Tree of Life
Warehouse/Distribution (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2013
Warehouse distribution were my primary duties. Filled and packed orders, completing invoices, shrink-wrapping, forklift driving and pallet jacking.

I learned a new computer system that was tied into scanning products.

The management team was fair and promoted a positive working atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job was the end of the month when orders were at their peek levels and had to be filled right away.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being there. I only left because the company itself shut down or otherwise I would definitely still be working there.
Natural Foods distributor.
ACCOUNT SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 1, 2012
I worked for Tree for 21 years before they were purchased by Kehe and my position moved to Florida. I started out as an hourly employee and was promoted to Purchasing Assistant, Customer Service Manager and then Account Support Manager.
I supervised a staff of 4 in the last position I had; supervised up to 24 as the Customer Service Manager.
I entered and reported promotions and price changes to large chain grocery stores, working with account managers and customers. Planned budgets and payroll expenses. Responsible for all hiring and training.
I learned most aspects of distribution during my tenure.
Pros
promotes from within.
Cons
off-site departments impeded problem resolution.
Productive work environment with friendly management team
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2013
Working at Tree of Life, just like any other job had its pros and cons. I was taught how to load trucks and drive a sit-down forklift while I was employed with this company. Their management team was friendly and enjoyable to work with along with the fellow employees. Compensation at this job was good yet benefits were too expensive to afford.
Pros
friendly management team, taught valuable skills, and good compensation
Cons
expensive beneifts program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tree of Life. Our community is ready to answer.