Tree of Life Employee Reviews

A good learning experience in outside sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2017
This was a good company to work for. Unfortunately they became nationally a little arrogant about the amount of business they did and began to tell customers what they should be doing, and that is not the proper way to execute sales.
Horrible management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VA 23233March 3, 2017
When a job offers you significantly more than the average, it is rarely because you are a super wonderful person. You can deduce the rest.
Fun workplace
Assistant Director, IT (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 22, 2017
When I was first hired on, my primary duty was ensuring data integrity from universities that came into the Tree of Life (ToL) systems. Also, verifying data that left ToL systems. As I moved up to Assistant Director position, we were getting systems in place to monitor most of the data coming/going, so I started focusing more on sysadmin responsibilities. I worked with VMware hosts, Windows/Linux servers, deploying new on/off site backup solution, helping desktop support when more technical issues came up, and imaging/deploying both physical and virtual solutions. It was challenging in a good way, and make me really enjoy the work.
Pros
Fun and relaxed atmosphere, new technical challenges and opportunities to learn
Cons
Not much upward movement potential
Fresh prepared meals
Server (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2016
everything on the menu is prepared fresh from local bought sources and is just delightful to taste.It is a family like setting and is a wonderful place to work
Fun small business with family oriented crew and staff.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2016
Very family oriented but growing small business that travels Frequently over Jacksonville, St Augustine and many other cities Around the Jacksonville proximity.
well taught and behaved children
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYOctober 27, 2016
my days at work with tree of life were enjoyable. The kids were very well behaved and taught well. they had very good listening skills, nd the teachers were great to learn from.
Great enviroment for kids of all ages
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2016
The work days go by significantly fast. I really enjoy working with children. I have learned patient and communication skills. Co-workers are a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job is having patience all day everyday with the children.
Pros
good scheldules
Cons
health care
Myofascial Release Massage, and Craniosacral Therapy.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIMarch 27, 2016
Amazing transformation experience! Owner is very knowledgeable, and presents therapy as an integral part of each client's health care plan. Always giving the client the scheduled amount of time, and not rushing the process.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Client cancellation policy not as strict as it should be.
Good solid company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 19, 2016
They have a good solid company that has good relations with suppliers. There are some good employees that make it fun to work with, but there are some that have an ego problem.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Not having the same days off
It was a great work area, bad location. Store Closed. Non Profit
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 18, 2015
The Tree of Life Store was a great job, great work environment, bad location. The only customers that came to the store were the ones that knew where we were.
The CEO wanted to make the inventory high class for low and middle class thus removing all items that did not suit her idea. We were left with 6 items in the store. Each item $100.00 or more. Our customers couldn't afford the items and no customers no money coming in thus ending in the store closing.
Typical day was deposit money,count register, promote sale on social media, promote sale in store, clean up a bit if needed, and begin networking through email, phone or chamber meetings.
Only two people worked at the store.
I learned how to run a store from the ground up, from inventory, pricing, networking for donations, setting floor,and promoting sales.
Pros
Great pay, nice hours, only two people in the store.
Cons
Bad location, store closing
Was a GREAT company to work for.
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2015
Tree of Life was an awesome employer. They were genuinely interested in the growth and development of their employees. It is a true shame that they were sold and no longer exists.
A single project for the non-profit WHEEL/SHARE
Project Architect (Former Employee) –  SeatteSeptember 22, 2015
The project took a lot longer than projected due to political red tape, but the client (WHEEL) was very patient and determined. Great collaboration between the design team and the owner.
Pros
A great cause - providing a work of art in a public park
Cons
It took a long time.
Great place to work.
Direct Support Coach (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2015
At Grace Place, the individuals were given skills to enhance their educational needs, living-skills, leisure services, and skill-building.
Pros
Client care
Cons
staff support
Good company to work for...
Sales Collateral Coordinator: Customer Excellence (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 30, 2015
I interact with all of the Divisions of our company on a daily basis. I gather information for our outside reps and put it together in a format that they, in turn, can present to our customers.
Pros
Free samples of new products
Cons
Distance to travel to work
Productive Family Oriented
E-commerce Mgr, Purchasing Asst; Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 17, 2015
Receptionist, Customer Service, Create and update databases for stores and the internet store, back up sales associate
Great Company!!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMay 12, 2015
The atmosphere and working conditions were very good and I would have continued to stay on had my personal life not changed. We moved to Maryland shortly after I left.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, bonuses recognition
Cons
Can't remember anything bad about the company.
Decent place to work, learn a lot about the food industry.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 7, 2015
Ensure routes are dispatch on-time and make adjustments when needed, based off of if the drivers arrive late or call out sick and if the warehouse is running behind. Schedule backhauls for routes and manage the driver day. Supervise the office staff and drivers for daily assignments. Take call from customers to see if additional order can be added to the next day's route. Maintain D.O.T. files and have daily meeting with the Transportation Manager. Liason between Transportation and warehouse.
A fun and great way to nework
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 4, 2015
A typical day worker for Tree of Life is a busy and great way to get out the house and get to know your city.I have learned to manage in different types of work fields.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
You have to stay busy
this is not just a company but a family
Labor Hand (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXJanuary 10, 2015
we started around sunrise and finished up shortly after sun set.
i learned how to run a chainsaw and self discipline.
it was managed by three brothers.
my co workers were like my brothers we became very close.
Pros
friendly peolpe and a great work enviroment
Cons
we worked through lunch most days
Patients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tracy City, TNJanuary 2, 2015
The only great thing I can say about this company is if it weren't for the patients the job would suck. They expect you to drop whatever your doing and give you only 30 minutes in advance to go to a patients house which is 40 minutes away from you all because the one employee don't want to go to the house....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tree of Life. Our community is ready to answer.