TreeHouse Foods Employee Reviews

bareable workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 4, 2017
The workplace can sometimes fast- paced and a hot environment due to the roasters used to cook the product. And at the same time in the winter the complete opposite is true.
Pros
Inside out of the weather
Cons
two twenty minute breaks.
Company with lack of direction
Contractor Condiments Commercialization PM (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2017
A lot of manual work and redundancy. Employees aren't appreciated or recognized for going above and beyond. Many upper level managers don't have a clear understanding of processes or how the Indians get things done.
Horrible place to work if you have a life outside of the job..
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 22, 2017
I don't have anything positive to say about this company. The atmosphere has changed with the past 2 ownerships. The job itself was great, but the company, not so much.
Good People
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 14, 2017
TreeHouse has great people working for them. The company is working on continued integration with the newly purchased portions of the company. Communication is still something that can be improved upon.
poor management
Industrial Electrician/ Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 10, 2017
I would often times find myself doing work on the same machine time and time again because management would want to take a perfectly good machine and modify it
Pros
Ok Pay, plenty of time off
Cons
extremely hot work environment, poor management
great place to work
PACKING MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHAugust 9, 2017
if i didnt move states away i would still be working for them loved it there. Management listens to ideas you have to improve. stress free environment.decent break times.
Poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 18, 2017
There are some members of management that think that everyone else is stupid and they are the smartest. They will tell such great stories how awesome you are but bottom line when they mess up (and they always do) it will be your fault. No accountability from management and no backing you up when needed. There are some great people I had the chance to work with but unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep me there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, no work-life balance
Easy going
Caser operator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, KYJuly 15, 2017
Great place to work and awesome people to work with very fast pace
Always be on time
Remember to check your borad before leaving everyday
Fun place
Not the best place to work to work.
Packing Lead (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJuly 13, 2017
Honestly all I can say about this company, it that they just took advantage of their workers. Workers, hardly moved up postions, the reason being that, in the warehouse i worked for it was just favoritism, if the supervisors liked you enough or you as the worker just said yes to everything they wanted, then you would "probably" get somewhere. They would make you do specific job dutties that you didnt have the title for nor the pay. Majority of the supervisors didn't know what they were doing, and if the supervisor called a shot and managment would get upset they would blame the worker.
Pros
401K & Health Insurance
Cons
Favortisim, Hard to move up within the company.
High Turnover
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJuly 12, 2017
Would go to work and get on the forklift and move product to different locations as they were needed. I learned how pasta was made and how to handle the different products that were made.
No fun no activity
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJuly 10, 2017
Bonus every 3 month , get 25 dollar to ur check with perfect attendance, free cake nd free bread once a while good meeting before we start work
Good enviroment always think safe first
Pros
Free cake
Cons
Not enough break
Great place to work at
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 2, 2017
I like working at the tree house. Its a great invierment. The staff that works their is great to work around i dont mind that they push us to tbe limit.
Pros
Great place to work at
Safety conscious environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJune 28, 2017
On work day consist of making sure the production line are ready to run by directing maintenance techs to assigned work area. Expediting repairs to minimize downtime.
Pros
Safety conscious environment. Salary employees are payed overtime
Cons
Cannot retain maintenance technicians
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 25, 2017
Great experience for a small company. The company is private own and isn't family oriented. The company has 4 different shifts all working 12 hour shifts. The main point to complete your job successfully is staying on task to complete your job in a timely manner.
Pros
all drinks are 25 cents
Cons
short breaks
Overall a decent place to work, but was not the job for me
Processor II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
I was a processor 2 which was responsible for preparing all of the ingredients for the batches to be mixed the next day. It was a lot of heavy lifting (I am a female but my two coworkers were females too and they did the job just fine.) Lifting 50 pound bags and boxes repeatedly. The warehouse is very unorganized and they don't have all of the tools required to make job as easy as possible.

Treehouse, if you happen to read this PLEASE organize that warehouse ASAP and also look into ways that would make it easier to the liquid ingredients such as the mustard, honey, anchovies, ect. One day I had literally 60% of my body inside of the mustard barrel attempting to collect the condiment with a small scoop. A nice cup style scoop would be better for the ingredients like that they also have a machine that holds the barrels and tilts them as well. That would also help.
Pros
Benefits on the first day of the 2nd month of working, 401k match, convenience store in break room, management trusts you, discount on products made at plant, if you want OT its there
Cons
Short breaks (two ten minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch), if you have a family you will see much less of them, warehouse unorganized, did not have all tools to perform job at maximum efficiency
Kept me moving i wasn't just standing in one place
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 1, 2017
Exceptionally focused and seasoned Sanitation Worker with a superb eye for detail and customer service record. Adept multitasker able to handle a high volume of simultaneous sanitation tasks quickly accurately and safely. Skilled in working independently with little to no direction or as part of a professional food processing facility sanitation team. Manages to be on time and on task.
Pros
Nice people free lunches 4 dollar raise after 3 months
Cons
Short breaks benefits after 90 days
Productive and safe workplace
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNMay 13, 2017
The typical day at work is productive and organized. The workplace is clean and safe. There are rules and equipment to protect you while you work. You work as a team and everyone has a part.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, keep busy
Cons
Work in hot or cold temperatures
N/a
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOMay 11, 2017
Confidential a typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture , the hardest part of the job , the most enjoyable part of the job - Confidential
Decent paying job
Quality Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, KYMay 4, 2017
Days are filled with clerical job duties as well as keeping up with quality of the product, putting holds on what is not up to par. I learned to do environmental swabbing to make sure there is nothing in the machines that can be mixed in with the product that can cause illnesses. Management is sometimes okay but sometimes can be rude. The hardest part of the job is being forced to do overtime when I have a toddler at home and I'm a single parent so it just makes it difficult. In my job there use to be some perks that came along with it and use to be enjoyable but that's all been pretty much taken away.
Pros
Health insurance first day of employment, 3 weeks vacation for the department i work in
Cons
Short Breaks, they do not care about your home life, forced overtime
good employee support
Leader (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 22, 2017
at this company i enjoyed working i had good learning oportunities since i started as a packer and wotk my self up to be a team lead i learned much about quality the only thinng i didnt like was working the weekends and had not much time to be with the family wich is hard
Pros
we had safety rewards
Cons
also we had good 15 minute breaks