Trek

Trek Employer Reviews

General company
Electronics Technician in the service depot (Current Employee), Medina, NYOctober 10, 2012
Pros: the company would have picnics and competitions. it was a fun time and a great break form the job.
Cons: the rumors about the move. insufficient numbers of test fixtures.
The typical day starts at 7AM and ends at 3:30PM.
The work was challenging. Although the equipment I worked on had schematics the details on how the equipment actually functioned was very sketchy. Only a few "key people" had the knowledge of the functioning of the equipment. A number of products were "projects" that had "special" circuits or were modified – more... and the changes were not recorded on the posted schematics. Test procedures were really not all telling as what to expect following a particular test. No photos of the equipment were readily available; that should be afixed on the test procedure paperwork.
Co-workers were friendly and easy to talk to. Although the two fellows with whom I worked were friendly enough but I felt I worked mostly alone unless I made explicit requests for help.
The most difficult and the most frustrating part of my job was the drive to and from work; it was a 1 hour drive from Rochester to Medina. Additionally, there was talk about moving to another location. Rumors abounded as to the location with the most "popular" location being Lockport, with others being Batavia, and an other was to remain in Medina. A "survey" was sent around inquiring what I would do if the company was to move. This unknowing and the rumors made it very hard to remain optomistic and to be loyal to the company. – less
Interesting, challenging, and educational developing new products.
R&D Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Medina, NYJuly 12, 2012
On a typical day I would be building and/or testing a product we've designed, troubleshoot and repair products as necessary Develop verification strategies for performance, capability & durability test of products. Calibrate products to specifications.

About Trek

Trek Bicycle's mission is to build the best bikes in the world. The company is a top designer and maker of high-end bikes, which – Read more