Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

Could Be Great Place to Work In Right Position
Sales & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJune 27, 2017
I was hired into a program that I do not think was appropriately developed yet. The position was inaccurately described, and this ultimately lead me to apply for a job I had no business applying for. There are a ton of perks at working at Trend Micro. Many of the employees are fun and friendly. There is always free food, and at first glance Trend is a great company to work for.. It did not work out for me, but I would not totally dismiss them.
Pros
Abundance of free food, AMAZING benefits, 3 weeks of time off a year
Cons
Poor management
Great team
Regional Account Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
Great management and team. Products generally kept pace with competition and security threats. Very successful selling to T-mobile and other large enterprise.
Great benefits, so-so management
Director (Former Employee) –  Main USA officeApril 19, 2017
Would consider returning to work at Trend if I have the opportunity to in the future. New Canadian management is not very inspiring and employees were mostly demoralized. I hope that changes soon.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
New management has demoralized main office
Relaxed enviroment
Inside Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Overall great company, but pay structure and commissions could be better. Commission is level across the board versus determined by individual territory.
Educated People and Company & had some perks.
Team Supervisor / Lead-Senior Spam Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 18, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. The pay was okay and good benefits. Had Ping Pong, Pool Table, and free perks in the break rooms.
Pros
I liked my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
Management didn't have a clue how to run our department, what the word value meant, Culture appeared to be one sided.
It was my dream job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. My team was amazing and I loved the work we did. The company's vision is great and they were constantly changing to keep up with the fast paced technology in today's world. All of the changes were for the best and I loved growing with the company and adapting with the change.
Pros
Teammates, management, job responsibilities, constant change for the better
Cons
I moved out of the state and leave the company
Productive and certainly productive
HR Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Typical day at work includes working closely with HR Business Partners on employee data changes and having several meetings for company projects relating to HR.
na
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Company was good, lots of improving in the future. Leadership was still in the phase of trying to figure things out There will be good things to come
Good to start working for and get experience.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2016
Trend Micro is a good company to learn and work for. It needs more stability in its company strategy and approach. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of strategy and approach.
Positive attitude and always seek for improvement
Sr. Threat Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 6, 2016
Whenever needs a fresh look at a problem, this company come to me for a fresh perspective.
Don't rely on common methods to solve a problem but address each situation with creative solutions. look at each problem with a fresh perspective.
Use creativity in any role I am in within the team. take the day-to-day tasks and challenge the status quo to see where improvements can be made.
Smart People Great Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 5, 2016
Worked with an excellent team of professionals. Management is smart and receptive. Overall, culture is Sales based organization with a good tech feel.
Great people
Inside Channel and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 17, 2016
great experience for me and was afforded many opportunities. I worked there for over 6 years and had 3 different positions.
Great work/life balance
Marketing Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 15, 2016
The company has nice people to work with. It provided a great work/life balance. I enjoyed working with other cross-functional teams.
Friendly work environment. Work from home option
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Many very bright, capable and easy going engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new code, and the hardest part could be adding new features to existing code, depending on how old the code was, and who had previously worked on it.
Smart People Great Culture
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
Great HR team! Strong Leadership! Great Environment!

Everyday brings new challenges and change which is a good thing for me!

Can gain a good global perspective, while having the ability to be be geocentric and culturally rooted.
Pros
Great Sales Organization!
Cons
Great Benefits but 401(k) match could be increased!
Best environment with great people
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2015
The only con I had was the long drive in the morning. Other than that, once I got to work I would have a talk with my boss to see what possibilities I could do around the office. I didn't know what career path I want to follow so my boss and I did many tasks from coding in android to ruby on rails. I also made presentations to talk about their products and had to present to the whole office just like a normal corporate presentation. I also jumped in on calls with large corporations and tagged along to important meetings.
Pros
Amazing boss
Cons
Long Drive
Quiet work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 23, 2015
I had a great time working at Trend Micro, but at moments it was very stressful dealing with angry customers or trying to manage who gets access to the building. Trend Micro will have to be notified by the facility manager, if any visitors will be trying to access the building. At times we would have to turn vendors or people away because we were not informed about it. Trend Micro wants to keep a safe environment and make sure no strangers have access. Since I work in the front desk alone, it was very quiet and majority of the time I would transfer calls. Some days I would get angry callers, but as always I would stay calm and stay professional. Only once I was threaten on the phone, but I knew it's normal.

The employee at Trend Micro were very kind and always treated me with respect. If I had trouble with anything at all, someone would help me right away with my situation.

I loved their coffee & bagel day and Birthday cake day which is celebrated once a month.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Nice work enviornment
Ent. Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Don't expect much from upper management
Decent product solution
Great employees
Free coffee
Culture use to be more of a family vibe where everyone felt like they owned a piece of the company and took more pride in the company.
New Irving Sales director replaced a great VP of sales and in my opinion no where near the level of management and lack of an eye for true dedicated talent
Pros
Free instant coffee
Cons
Management & Culture
Daily productivity at work place
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at American Management Association would always start with the 9:30 meeting to go over the tickets and the days would be answering the help desk call and following thru with solving the user problems. Each day brought a new challenge and problems whether it was to fix a PC or to troubleshoot a Citrix VDI unit.
Proactive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2014
Daily management of assigned accounts....

Learned end point and network security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trend Micro Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.