Trend Offset Printing Employee Reviews

lots of work and hours to be given
Stitcher Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 16, 2017
this is a hard company to work for never knowing what days each week your off or even working since there is not set schedule, you may work 45 days straight 12 hour shifts before a day off then only get one day off or may work one or two days in a week depending on work load,
Pros
lots of work and hours
Cons
no set schedule or time off given
A very disorganized company,,,expected to wear many hats and not compensated,,,
Purchasing/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJuly 5, 2017
A typical day consists of a fast paced, go, go, go as soon as you enter the door ... until exhaustion sets in by the end of the work day. Giving 110% is never enough. Information is not fully shared where needed to allow one to do their best yet still expected to perform at 150%. Management not friendly at all ... always dismal & grim. A lot of walking on eggshells & whispering tones.
A good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 28, 2017
Trend is a good place to work. I had learn a lot about in there I got so much experience working at warehouse. The environment is good but the hardest thing is working under a lot of noise
Brown nosing helps you keep your job
Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJune 20, 2017
Its not what you know, its how good you kiss up to management. If you dont sweet talk your boss You wont last. They send people home and let their favorites work longer hours.
Pros
Uniforms, and free boots
Cons
Good work ethics are not recognized
No work
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJune 12, 2017
Took over the company and preceded to lay everyone off . They came in and got rid of all of the bindery . They lied from the beginning told us that they wanted to expand and within 6 months layed everyone off
Inconsistent management philisophy
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 20, 2017
Good rapport with fellow sales and support personnel. Limited management sales support with pricing and strategy. Changing directions and go to market programs. Cumbersome credit process. Antiquated pricing system.
Friendly Employees
Supervisor- Neydeen Hernandez (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Trend Offset Printing is a good place to work for some people and not so much for others. If you are looking to advance in a position this may not be the place for you. although there is room for advancement it is not a easy task.
Pros
Great Manager occasional free lunches
Cons
not much room for advancement and slim chances of pay incerse
printing press room
operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 22, 2016
12 hours shift. working in the printing press room. learning new things everyday because of technology. management trying to keep up with the competetors. good co-workers. not enough break.
getting the job done. I will like to go back to printing press again or manufacturing environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short break
quiet productive
Uniformly jog and hand (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CADecember 21, 2016
My machine would be running about every day , good work experience for a 1st job , learned how to roll tend , operate a electric pallet jack . I ove the paychecks , they work you like a dogg , no steady schedule , some are racist . For a 1st job its "okay"
Night Shift unfair position
Warehouse/Forklift Operator, Contract (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 25, 2016
Ok place however management was laxed in the morning on day crew leaving a lot of work behind for night shift. we had to complete which was an unfair position to be left in daily.

Want to know more about Trend Offset Printing?

Ask a question
A company hungry for change and growth
Project Manager and Training Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 18, 2016
Trend is a vibrant and exciting place to work. The employees make the company what it is and the majority have a "can do" flexible, "get it done right" outlook and embrace opportunities for development and training. Employees appreciate frank and honest feedback and continually look for ways to improve both in performance and in procedure. Communication throughout the company needs further growth and development.

Trend's plusses are the fact that it is nimble and can change to provide a customer with what they want and need.

The hardest part of the job is to get buy in and peer acceptance from some of the longer serving managers.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when employees tell you that you have made a positive long lasting difference in their careers.
Traditional printing company that prints magazines and catalogs
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 12, 2016
The printing industry has changed and Trend is positioned to meet these challenges head on. The current task of the company is to compete with the larger organizations that are providing the marketplace with a more engaging and focused offering.

My goal is to take my sales skills that I have honed throughout my career and apply those to a different, more thriving sales environment.
Pros
Great reputation and culture
Cons
Challenging marketplace for traditional printed products
Joke
Roll Tender (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 26, 2016
Place is insane no ac so its super hot and unbearavle at times water fountains dont work equipment is garbage u can really tell they dont take care of the machines cause most of the things that are supposed to help and cut down on downtime dont work and u dont even get holidays off not evem thanksgivong or xmas
n/a
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2016
When i first started working at Trend it was a new type of work for me . The more I worker there I learned from it . I've learned how to make books stack them in a correct order of number , know how to put each book in its correct spot . The hardest part of my job was keep them going without any jams .
A good first job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 8, 2016
A lot of physical labor. Learned a lot about how the shipping part of a business is ran. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job was standing 12 hours 6 days a week.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Good as a learning experiance
Payroll/Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 5, 2015
It was a family owed business. I learned how to help families deal with difficult situations. The staff was very friendly, but management could of been more serious of the type of business they had,
Cons
no benefits
Busy Busy Busy
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly putting out fires, a list of 100 items to do and after running around most of the day may be able to get 10 a day done. Understaffed so not much help but to do the best you can with what you can.
Pros
Always need people.
Cons
insurance gets more expensive each year and you almost have to beg for raises.
descent work place
Roll tender (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2015
review job description

Volunteer:
50+ hours volunteered at Local VFW post 7909
Awesome company to work! I loved it while I was there. The presses are state of the art printing presses and well maintained.
Second Pressman (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasNovember 25, 2014
A typical day for me was 15 make readies which was fast paced, dealing with customers directly, while producing a quality product in a timely manor.

I learned the mechanics of printing while I was there and was able to produce what the customer ordered.

Management treated me with respect.

My co-workers consisted of 4 and was able to train them what I learned.

The hardest part for me was leaving.

The most enjoyable for me was when I was asked to fill in and run the press.
good work hours
material handler where (Former Employee) –  los alamitos caOctober 3, 2014
didnt really have time for much besides work runs 24/7 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am shifts