Trend Offset Printing Employee Reviews

Joke
Roll Tender (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 26, 2016
Place is insane no ac so its super hot and unbearavle at times water fountains dont work equipment is garbage u can really tell they dont take care of the machines cause most of the things that are supposed to help and cut down on downtime dont work and u dont even get holidays off not evem thanksgivong or xmas
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2016
When i first started working at Trend it was a new type of work for me . The more I worker there I learned from it . I've learned how to make books stack them in a correct order of number , know how to put each book in its correct spot . The hardest part of my job was keep them going without any jams .
A good first job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 8, 2016
A lot of physical labor. Learned a lot about how the shipping part of a business is ran. Co-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job was standing 12 hours 6 days a week.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Good as a learning experiance
Payroll/Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 5, 2015
It was a family owed business. I learned how to help families deal with difficult situations. The staff was very friendly, but management could of been more serious of the type of business they had,
Cons
no benefits
Busy Busy Busy
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2015
A typical day at work is mostly putting out fires, a list of 100 items to do and after running around most of the day may be able to get 10 a day done. Understaffed so not much help but to do the best you can with what you can.
Pros
Always need people.
Cons
insurance gets more expensive each year and you almost have to beg for raises.
descent work place
Roll tender (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2015
review job description

Volunteer:
50+ hours volunteered at Local VFW post 7909
Awesome company to work! I loved it while I was there. The presses are state of the art printing presses and well maintained.
Second Pressman (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TexasNovember 25, 2014
A typical day for me was 15 make readies which was fast paced, dealing with customers directly, while producing a quality product in a timely manor.

I learned the mechanics of printing while I was there and was able to produce what the customer ordered.

Management treated me with respect.

My co-workers consisted of 4 and was able to train them what I learned.

The hardest part for me was leaving.

The most enjoyable for me was when I was asked to fill in and run the press.
good work hours
material handler where (Former Employee) –  los alamitos caOctober 3, 2014
didnt really have time for much besides work runs 24/7 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am shifts
Prison Block-C
Lead Press Operator (Former Employee) –  JaxSeptember 24, 2014
The hard work was not an issue BUT they break labor laws, while I was there we worked 12 hour shifts with NO lunch breaks.

Management is always breathing down your neck to run run run.... one day I was running the V-30 and we were having folder issues at top speed and jamming up books in the folder to the tune of 25-30 which was causing lots of downtime..... so I dialed in the folder to run perfect at 5k under top speed and we ran for hours and hours and hours without a single jam.... well meat head manager told us to speed it back up and I explained the folder issue which was caused by lack of press maintenance and he refused to listen up....I said ok here we go.....back to top speed and baaa boom super jam!... three hours later after broken belts and broken 1/4 folder we were up and running again. They don't listen to there employees!!
Pros
quit
Cons
no lunch breaks for a 12 hour shift
good people to work with
Bailer Room / press operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlApril 22, 2014
learned how to run bailer room and how the magazine printing went
co-workers were good to work with
management was pretty good to work for helped you when ever needed
Pros
company will work for employees when needed
Cons
inventory was not done right
Trend was a very good company initially but the recession has hurt businness to the point the employees are really suffering.
Lead Operator / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2013
I would typically have to come in and get the machine to settle down and run steady.
I did get promoted to supervisor for a few years, I learned how to manage a whole factory by myself on nights and weekends.
Overall the employees at Trend were dedicated and worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the temperature in the plant. 100 plus degrees for 12 hour shifts.
Doing a job well done and beating a deadline
Pros
i was well paid when business was good
Cons
the work was going away. i was not able to make a living for my family anymore.
productive and fast working environment
Printing Jogger (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAOctober 9, 2013
come in and take over from where morning shift left off at .find out how far along we are with the job and what jobs next to prepare my self. every I learned home to adjust , clean, change parts as needed. have a few web breaks makes days hard decrease productivity. good thing is everybody works as a team player to get the job done.
Pros
always had work
Cons
only one lunch break for 12hr. sift, insurance, job oppertunities
Fast paced and necessary deadlines must be met.
inkjet technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2013
Fast paced workplace that required long periods of standing up to 12 hours in one day.
Learned to adapted to changes in environmental situations as the weather changed frequently.
management communicated with each other then passed their ideas along to employees.
Co-workers were the best. Communicated very well and did all duties assigned to them by operators or supervisors.
The hardest part of the job was having a different work schedule every week and not knowing what your hours would be.
The most enjoyable part was the kindness and respect shown by all the employees including management and the best communication you could ask for.
Pros
job security
Cons
short hours in slow time, and no raises due to cutbacks.
open 24/7
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 10, 2013
Long days. Lack of holidays. Worked most weekends. I learned about the different grades of paper.
Depending on Management
Paper buyer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 12, 2013
Wonderful company. Downfall is management depends on owners whims. Lose alot of good employees when owners play politics.
Very nice workplace and good people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJanuary 30, 2013
worked around very exciting and helpful people, everyone was polite and always had a smile on their faces.
I was always on feet and running around but always got the job done
Pros
nice people
Cons
not enough work
9yrs experience
Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2012
Stable well known company that tk e in 9yrs ago with no experience
Nice place
Stacker/ Produnction Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 20, 2012
Nice place to work, long hours, very productive company breaks are ok not long enough but you have to work hard and get the job done
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
is a good company to work for
Top 2nd Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2012
good company to work for, exellent benefits, at the time I work for this company , I have exellent trade and team work for them
At the time it was a good company. Now do not know
Prepress production (Former Employee) –  Los AlamitosSeptember 18, 2011
I enjoyed working there good co-workers and upper management.

2.9