Tri-City Health Center Employee Reviews

company picnics
Healthcare Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 14, 2017
I had a good experience at Tri- City Health Center, they had company events and picnics that were nice. Got a chance to meet other staff at the company. They had a lot of employee luncheons.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fast-paced environment
Outreach and Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 18, 2017
Very little downtime, busy, stressful at times. Great environment for people who get bored easily and who like taking on challenges. Lack of employee recognition.
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 6, 2017
Great place to grow your skills also a great environment for expanding your connections. Need to step lightly with management a lot of turns overs. Over all have fun while doing any job, learn how to enjoy your surroundings co-workers. best HR team in a long time very informative!
Pros
HR teams assume
Cons
Rummer, not knowing how to cut thru the lies.
Pay is definitely higher compared to other health centers but management is poor.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 10, 2017
. The company definitely needs better management. If a problem occurs, nobody is willing to hear your voice or do something about it. Also they find a way to overwork their employees, especially MA's and upper management does not even look back to receive feedback.
Pros
bonuses on holidays
Cons
overworked
Clinical setting with several audits
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 20, 2017
Federally Qualified health center with several clinical settings that are very fast pace. Long days and hours with audits, and meetings. Ongoing workflow modifications, and clinician performance reviews.
Good company to work for
Medical Assistant, Pediatric/Teens (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2017
A great learning place. Very fast pace and great training in all different departments. You're able to move to different departments to get all types of experience in the medical field.
Great Team!!!
Case Manager/Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 4, 2017
I enjoy working with my team. We all get along well and support each other.

There are extremely flexible with PTO.

I have learned a great deal of information. TCHC offers a lot of valuable trainings.
There is always something that needs to get done.
Administrative Assistant - Operations (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538March 24, 2017
I love working for this Community Health center, it is all about growth and expanding into new opportunities to serve the underserved. They are constantly changing and moving in a positive direction.
Good non-profit place to work
Compliance Project Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Working for Tri-City allowed me the opportunity to learn managing skills, focusing on patient satisfaction as well as employee's satisfaction.
co-worker are the best
Member Service (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 26, 2015
fast past, patient and clients are best,however i enjoy what i could give to our patients. management is not the greatest. its not a place to grow or their wont let you.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
no growth
High frequency of turnover in upper management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 11, 2015
Used to be a great place to work at but the high frequency of turnover in upper management has brought the clinic down in morale and productivity.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
High frequency in turnover in uppermanagement.
Good entry level experince for Medical Assistants and Health Education Specialists.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Clinic and Program Managers really care about staff and clients and work really hard to support. The most enjoyable part has been working and mentoring caring staff and creating access to much needed health care and support programs for the must vulnerable in need who would otherwise not have appropriate, compassionate health care. Community Clinics are on the front lines of health care and the Affordable Care Act Implimentation.
Tri City
Patient Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2014
lack of communication between departments, managers of the phone room don't even know work flow or procedures in the department they are managing, Workers are blamed for anything a patients states with no investigation. Pt can't state you cussed them out with no proff and they will blame it in you with out asking you about the situation. They determine the outcome of a complaint before they talk to the employee about what happened. They do random layoffs every 6 months. There is no support from managers for any issues that occur. Patients have no consequences for their negative actions at this clinic, they feel the pt is always right, even when they a cussing you out because you are an appointment scheduler and no a medicine refill person.
Pros
learned alot on my own
Cons
random layoffs every 5 months
wasnt really a team player kind of work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 22, 2014
everyone clicked with race, when I needed help no one really wanted to help me and the training process sucked because I didn't really get trained I got passed around to different MA'S that all had different ways of working.
Pros
all of the different clics you get to do to obtain knowledge of the work
Cons
race
I enjoy working with diverse populations
Eligibility Coordinator, HOPE Project (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 29, 2014
I have extensive work history working with diverse populations both socially and economically. I am eager to provide advocacy for individuals in need of assistance.
I work well with others and have fostered many lasting friendships with my staff and coworkers.
Great people
Administrator, Clinical Programs (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2014
Grant writing
Motivation
Improving health life style
Wait time for patients to see physicians
Bullying in the workplace
Administration Assistant/Front office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 10, 2013
The coworkers harass you at work while you are trying to get information to patients. Treating patients nicely is number one key in my book, but this company treats patients like trash.

I quit this job recently due to work harassment and also due to management work ethics.

Tried to resolve the issue, but they wouldn't take note of it.
Pros
Cons
No respect to fellow employees, staff, or doctors and patient relations
An wonderful community based organization to work for
Health Education Coordinator Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 7, 2013
I loved working for Tri-City Health Center. The multiple programs that are provided through this organization are critical to the populations that they serve. The management that was in place at the time I worked for here was supportive and encouraging of using various new methods to reach our target populations and ensured continuous funding. My co-workers were dedicated and passionate about the work that we did. The hardest part of my job was when I was unable to locate the appropriate and necessary service referrals for clients. The most loved part of my job was being able to provide a needed service to my local community.
Was a good place to work....not anymore
current employee (Current Employee) –  Fremont, ILAugust 2, 2013
New Leadership (CEO/CFO) hires are horrible. Looking elsewhere.
Pros
Good medical/dental benefits
Cons
New Leadership Team
glad to have worked for one of their smaller departments
Behavioral Services Provider (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 26, 2013
was a good place until a new Director was hired. Some of the colleagues I worked with became friends and I continue to appreciate them.