Tri-City Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

High frequency of turnover in upper management
Administration (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 11, 2015
Used to be a great place to work at but the high frequency of turnover in upper management has brought the clinic down in morale and productivity.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
High frequency in turnover in uppermanagement.
Good entry level experince for Medical Assistants and Health Education Specialists.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Clinic and Program Managers really care about staff and clients and work really hard to support. The most enjoyable part has been working and mentoring caring staff and creating access to much needed health care and support programs for the must vulnerable in need who would otherwise not have appropriate, compassionate health care. Community Clinics are on the front lines of health care and the Affordable Care Act Implimentation.
Tri City
Patient Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 27, 2014
lack of communication between departments, managers of the phone room don't even know work flow or procedures in the department they are managing, Workers are blamed for anything a patients states with no investigation. Pt can't state you cussed them out with no proff and they will blame it in you with out asking you about the situation. They determine the outcome of a complaint before they talk to the employee about what happened. They do random layoffs every 6 months. There is no support from managers for any issues that occur. Patients have no consequences for their negative actions at this clinic, they feel the pt is always right, even when they a cussing you out because you are an appointment scheduler and no a medicine refill person.
Pros
learned alot on my own
Cons
random layoffs every 5 months
wasnt really a team player kind of work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 22, 2014
everyone clicked with race, when I needed help no one really wanted to help me and the training process sucked because I didn't really get trained I got passed around to different MA'S that all had different ways of working.
Pros
all of the different clics you get to do to obtain knowledge of the work
Cons
race
I enjoy working with diverse populations
Eligibility Coordinator, HOPE Project (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 29, 2014
I have extensive work history working with diverse populations both socially and economically. I am eager to provide advocacy for individuals in need of assistance.
I work well with others and have fostered many lasting friendships with my staff and coworkers.
Great people
Administrator, Clinical Programs (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 12, 2014
Grant writing
Motivation
Improving health life style
Wait time for patients to see physicians
Bullying in the workplace
Administration Assistant/Front office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 10, 2013
The coworkers harass you at work while you are trying to get information to patients. Treating patients nicely is number one key in my book, but this company treats patients like trash.

I quit this job recently due to work harassment and also due to management work ethics.

Tried to resolve the issue, but they wouldn't take note of it.
Cons
no respect to fellow employees, staff, or doctors and patient relations
An wonderful community based organization to work for
Health Education Coordinator Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 7, 2013
I loved working for Tri-City Health Center. The multiple programs that are provided through this organization are critical to the populations that they serve. The management that was in place at the time I worked for here was supportive and encouraging of using various new methods to reach our target populations and ensured continuous funding. My co-workers were dedicated and passionate about the work that we did. The hardest part of my job was when I was unable to locate the appropriate and necessary service referrals for clients. The most loved part of my job was being able to provide a needed service to my local community.
Was a good place to work....not anymore
current employee (Current Employee) –  Fremont, ILAugust 2, 2013
New Leadership (CEO/CFO) hires are horrible. Looking elsewhere.
Pros
good medical/dental benefits
Cons
new leadership team
glad to have worked for one of their smaller departments
Behavioral Services Provider (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 26, 2013
was a good place until a new Director was hired. Some of the colleagues I worked with became friends and I continue to appreciate them.
Non-profit
Finance (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 26, 2013
Good benefits, work/life balance and nice people to work with.
n/a
Linkage Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 24, 2013
I learned a lot. Super busy with lots of clients. Co-workers where fun to work with. The hardest part was seeing some clients die.
Excellent Benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  all sites Mowry, Liberty, Path and Main St.March 5, 2013
Mother of three beautiful children, working at TCHC has thought me great lessons to help me become a better Parent to my children.

Good place to work if you're passionate about helping people, reliable and responsible.
Good place to work, excellent benefits, continually changing, never a dull moment.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 4, 2013
a typical day at work - you hit the ground running as patients is the number one priority. i've learned a lot and can take that experience with me. management is great, my co-workers are great too! The hardest part of the job is not being able to meet all of patients needs and most enjoyable part of the job, is my co-workers and being able to help as many people as we can.
Pros
excellent benefits...
Cons
dependent on grants to keep agency going...
It's overall a good place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  FREMONT CASeptember 5, 2012
The health benefits and 401K are great. It's a great place to start out.