Tri-City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace and awesome cafeteria.
Sr. Staff Accountant for Hospital, (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, close to home
Cons: Limited oportunity for further advancement
Fast paced environment during weeks of closing, I learned about physician recruitment loans & subsidiary agreements, enjoy working as part of a team, hardest part of the job is dealing with some staff that doesn't accept job criticism or opinions very well, other than that, I enjoy my inter-action with my co-workers and my job.
A extremely under estimated facilty
Per Diem- Adult/Peds Critical Care-Neo-Rehab Svc (Former Employee), Vista, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: They really liked having me work there.
Cons: It was just to far for the little pay I received!
An organized census per RT/patient ratio.

Fine-tuned my ventilator skills from experienced RTs.

The department was managed superbly from what I saw.

A wide-variety of well-respected therapist known around San Diego county.

Getting to work! I lived thirty miles away. That's 60 miles round-trip.

That when I was available they always scheduled me.
tri city
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Medford, MAApril 13, 2015
Tri City was a great place to work at I learned a lot there right out of HIgh School Working there was like being with family all day long. Had it good and bad days but I learned so much from everyone there.
learning
CST (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 23, 2015
I continued to improve my skills as a surgical technologist. I am glad I got to meet new people whom I still call my friends even though they are across the country now, we still keep in touch.
caring and dedicated staff
Unit Coordinator/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: has a lift team for nurses.
Cons: i worked an 8 hour shift prefer a 12 hour shift
Pleasant Doctors and Board Members whom are always looking for ways to improve their services to serve the community needs. They invest in Education and technology and survey clients for input on these improvements and ask what else can they do to meet their needs.
Nice co-workers
Rehab (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria food! nice co-workers
Cons: layoffs
Great place to work but beware they have had many layoffs in the past. TCMC has had a lot of Administration changes in the past five years and they are run by a Board of Directors that has had much drama in the past. Great doctors and nurses but since it is a stand alone district hospital they will always have financial challenges.
Best job I've ever had
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Vista, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I loved working for Tri-City. This hospital treats everyone with respect no matter what department you work in. My experience with the Pharmacy staff and Management was phenomenal. Great company all around.
Great pay and benefits
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 16, 2015
I was a housekeeper there for a little over 3 years. I enjoyed what I did, but what made it most worth-while was the benefits, the pay, and the annual raises. My least favorite part, was the hours I personally worked. I worked 3-11:30 at night, few holidays off, and only one weekend a month off. I would definitely still be there if certain personal issues didn't arise.
Enjoyable place to work.
Staff RN for level II-III NICU (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 15, 2015
A great facility with a great group of people to work with. Inconsistent hours is a challenge.
Enjoyed the everchanging challenges of this position.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Oceanside, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: challenging situations, never boring.
Cons: constant changes in management and management styles.
I cannot describe a typical day because there were no typical days. Every day presented a challenge and this is something that I enjoyed. We had a very diverse population and the work was fast paced. There – more... were many challenges and I learned new things on almost a daily basis. Because of the populations we worked with my co-workers and I collaborated quite a bit. What one person did not know, another always did.

I enjoyed working with a treatment team and collaborating with therapists, doctors and nurses in the hospital setting.

Management at this facility seemed to be in constant fluctuation. There were several turn overs that would see many people laid off with new people filling positions and making rapid changes. This type of instability was the most difficult aspect of the position. – less
Great Mission, Poor Management
Clinical Social Worker I Adult Out Patient (Former Employee), Pomona, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great benefit to community when functioning as a team
Cons: nepotism, exclusivity, poor mediation skills, work place bullying
I really had a deep love form my job. I had great rapport with my clients. I was able to handle many crisis and other clinical issues adequately and professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... the interactions I had with such a diverse case load with such diverse issues. I enjoyed helping them and learning how to improve my services via clinical supervision. The most difficult part of the job was communicating effectively with administrators. The culture of the job is not too diverse and some communication strategies were offensive and gravely misunderstood. There was a lot of gossip with little resolution and some workplace bullying which caused unnecessary distress and sudden departures of quality staff. I hope that those issues will resolve themselves as the clients ultimately pay the price when they are constantly shifted from provider to provider and unable to acheive relief from their symptoms causing significant functional impairements :(. – less
Good Staff
Therapist (Current Employee), Oceanside, CANovember 20, 2014
I have enjoyed the diverse caseload. It's obvious that the staff take pride in their work.
Disgusting Company to work for!
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Pomona, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: horrible management and depressing work environment!
Stay away from this company! Its so unfair that this mental health company is roped in with a location in Oceanside. It has nothing to do with Oceanside! The mental health center that really deserves the – more... worst reviews ever is the location in Montclair and Pomona! Worst work environment I have ever seen! Absolutely depressing! For a company that tries to promote mental health wellness, they do not lead by example! They spend more time getting rid of people than actually helping their employees and building upon people's strengths and values. Backstabbing is rampant among management and employees. There is one particular person who is Indian who is an absolutely horrible person! She will slander anyone and for any reason! I don't understand how that woman is still employed there but then again, management there is a joke and they don't care about their employees! There are a lot of great people there who don't deserve to be treated like garbage! But management will treat you poorly and then get rid of you if you bring up some pressing issues. They tell you stuff like "you can vent to me" and then they stab you in the back, first chance they get! They will also meddle in your personal affairs. They will flat out tell you that you cannot associate with other people you work with. They will call it a "company conflict". This company abuses their right to be an "at will" employer. Countless people have been terminated for irrational reasons! I don't understand how the labor board hasn't done anything about this! They will fire you in the most awkward and bizarre way and then they won't give you a reason why! They will say they don't have to provide a reason for firing you! This company does not deserve even one star! They seriously need to be reviewed by the labor board! And they need to be shut down! They provide a bunch of useless services to people anyways so wise up government and shut this company down, once and for all!!!!! – less
THE WORST MENTAL HEALTH AGENCY THAT EXISTS
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: salary, flexible work hours
Cons: lack of support from management, negative work environment, no positive reinforcement, low employee morale, high turnover, stressful, easily burned out, excessive meetings and documentation, no work life balance, no employee recognition
This is a review for Tri-City Mental Health Center at 2008 North Garey Ave., Pomona, CA:

The agency sets you up for failure by giving you inordinate amounts of paperwork along with a high productivity – more... standard, resulting in you having no other choice but to take work home or suffer consequences. Staff are extremely stressed out and the worst part of it all is that there is no recognition for all the hard work and client care the clinical staff put in. Employee morale is the worst that I've seen at any agency I have ever worked for. Management is not supportive of staff as they are more interested in prying into your personal lives and crossing boundaries that are beyond unethical. Management also does not value professionalism, in fact they despise it. This is by far the worst community mental health agency one can work for. They are more interested in retaining the staff that have been known to openly commit fraud, by making up a ridiculous amount of hours to exceed productivity and pretending to see clients. In fact, management encourages this. The turnover here is high due to employees getting terminated often (because you are not liked or you voice your honest opinion) and in general, quitting because they are frustrated with the miserable and corrupt environment they are exposed to. It's not uncommon for people to start working and quit after a few days, few weeks, or few months. And, if you tell management that you are leaving, be prepared to get threatened. They don't want others to know the truth about how the agency is run. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away. Don't allow the salary to entice you, after all, it’s the ONLY reason why anyone would want to work here. – less
Productive and Team Oriented Workplace
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great staff, job freedom, training opportunities
Cons: mangement did not listen to employees, fraternization issues, gossiping problems
As an employee for Tri-City Hospital, I was able to enjoy working with the best security staff in my 14 years of security. I was able to contribute great ideas and implement different things and procedures to make this the best security staff available. I received defensive tactics training, conflict resolutions training, and many other types of training.
Run far away from this place....the community can't even stand this place.
Therapist (Former Employee), Pomona, CaJuly 20, 2014
Cons: toxic management, toni (executive director) has 'splitting' tendencies, caseloads in excess of 55, i was asked to do unethical charting practices (signing off on care plans/assessments i never did), the list goes on....
No wonder this place went bankrupt a few years ago. If you are a clinician considering an internship or career here don't do it. Your ethics and morals will be tested by management and not your clients. – more... If you also feel that having 15 min sessions with clients is appropriate then this is the place for you. Staff live in constant fear they'll be fired if they say anything against this dictatorship. Please apply elsewhere where you can actually grow as a therapist. The individual and group supervision are elementary at best. – less
enjoyed working with a variety of different types of patients
Registered Nurse, Medical Oncology (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: dealt with a variety of different diagnoses
Cons: no breaks
Worked with a variety of different types of patients such as those with a variety of illnesses, infections and surgical procedures. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and their families – more... facing death. Worked with co-workers as part of a team but was also encouraged by management to work autonomously. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and getting to know my patients and their families. – less
Excellent Hospital
Emergency Room Technician I (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: team setting, advanced healthcare
Cons: short-staffed
Great team to work with, extremely professional and always striving to advance.
Run for the hills!!!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: everything else, especially managers/executive team
Short, sweet, and to the point:

If you want to keep your sanity, stay away from this place!

Toxic work enviroment.

If the Clinical Director does not like you, her and her puppets (program managers/program – more... coordinators) will make your stay there miserable.

Leadership team is ego-hungry.

All they care about is "productivity," or better said "revenue." They do not care at all about their clients, as they make it seem to be. – less

May 28, 2014

Hiring and firing is at a rate of left and right. Some employees do not even last one month!

Productive and fast pace
Access Management Representative (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 15, 2014
Emergency department is always very busy. Working at Tri-City will keep you on your toes, for sure. Great compensation and benefits. Not much managerial support but staff was great.