Tri-City Medical Center

Tri-City Medical Center Employer Reviews

Great Mission, Poor Management
Clinical Social Worker I Adult Out Patient (Former Employee), Pomona, CADecember 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great benefit to community when functioning as a team
Cons: nepotism, exclusivity, poor mediation skills, work place bullying
I really had a deep love form my job. I had great rapport with my clients. I was able to handle many crisis and other clinical issues adequately and professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interactions I had with such a diverse case load with such diverse issues. I enjoyed helping them and learning how to improve my services via clinical – more... supervision. The most difficult part of the job was communicating effectively with administrators. The culture of the job is not too diverse and some communication strategies were offensive and gravely misunderstood. There was a lot of gossip with little resolution and some workplace bullying which caused unnecessary distress and sudden departures of quality staff. I hope that those issues will resolve themselves as the clients ultimately pay the price when they are constantly shifted from provider to provider and unable to acheive relief from their symptoms causing significant functional impairements :(. – less
Good Staff
Therapist (Current Employee), Oceanside, CANovember 20, 2014
I have enjoyed the diverse caseload. It's obvious that the staff take pride in their work.
Disgusting Company to work for!
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Pomona, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: horrible management and depressing work environment!
Stay away from this company! Its so unfair that this mental health company is roped in with a location in Oceanside. It has nothing to do with Oceanside! The mental health center that really deserves the worst reviews ever is the location in Montclair and Pomona! Worst work environment I have ever seen! Absolutely depressing! For a company that tries – more... to promote mental health wellness, they do not lead by example! They spend more time getting rid of people than actually helping their employees and building upon people's strengths and values. Backstabbing is rampant among management and employees. There is one particular person who is Indian who is an absolutely horrible person! She will slander anyone and for any reason! I don't understand how that woman is still employed there but then again, management there is a joke and they don't care about their employees! There are a lot of great people there who don't deserve to be treated like garbage! But management will treat you poorly and then get rid of you if you bring up some pressing issues. They tell you stuff like "you can vent to me" and then they stab you in the back, first chance they get! They will also meddle in your personal affairs. They will flat out tell you that you cannot associate with other people you work with. They will call it a "company conflict". This company abuses their right to be an "at will" employer. Countless people have been terminated for irrational reasons! I don't understand how the labor board hasn't done anything about this! They will fire you in the most awkward and bizarre way and then they won't give you a reason why! They will say they don't have to provide a reason for firing you! This company does not deserve even one star! They seriously need to be reviewed by the labor board! And they need to be shut down! They provide a bunch of useless services to people anyways so wise up government and shut this company down, once and for all!!!!! – less
THE WORST MENTAL HEALTH AGENCY THAT EXISTS
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: salary, flexible work hours
Cons: lack of support from management, negative work environment, no positive reinforcement, low employee morale, high turnover, stressful, easily burned out, excessive meetings and documentation, no work life balance, no employee recognition
This is a review for Tri-City Mental Health Center at 2008 North Garey Ave., Pomona, CA:

The agency sets you up for failure by giving you inordinate amounts of paperwork along with a high productivity standard, resulting in you having no other choice but to take work home or suffer consequences. Staff are extremely stressed out and the worst part of – more... it all is that there is no recognition for all the hard work and client care the clinical staff put in. Employee morale is the worst that I've seen at any agency I have ever worked for. Management is not supportive of staff as they are more interested in prying into your personal lives and crossing boundaries that are beyond unethical. Management also does not value professionalism, in fact they despise it. This is by far the worst community mental health agency one can work for. They are more interested in retaining the staff that have been known to openly commit fraud, by making up a ridiculous amount of hours to exceed productivity and pretending to see clients. In fact, management encourages this. The turnover here is high due to employees getting terminated often (because you are not liked or you voice your honest opinion) and in general, quitting because they are frustrated with the miserable and corrupt environment they are exposed to. It's not uncommon for people to start working and quit after a few days, few weeks, or few months. And, if you tell management that you are leaving, be prepared to get threatened. They don't want others to know the truth about how the agency is run. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away. Don't allow the salary to entice you, after all, it’s the ONLY reason why anyone would want to work here. – less
Productive and Team Oriented Workplace
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great staff, job freedom, training opportunities
Cons: mangement did not listen to employees, fraternization issues, gossiping problems
As an employee for Tri-City Hospital, I was able to enjoy working with the best security staff in my 14 years of security. I was able to contribute great ideas and implement different things and procedures to make this the best security staff available. I received defensive tactics training, conflict resolutions training, and many other types of training.
Run far away from this place....the community can't even stand this place.
Therapist (Former Employee), Pomona, CaJuly 20, 2014
Cons: toxic management, toni (executive director) has 'splitting' tendencies, caseloads in excess of 55, i was asked to do unethical charting practices (signing off on care plans/assessments i never did), the list goes on....
No wonder this place went bankrupt a few years ago. If you are a clinician considering an internship or career here don't do it. Your ethics and morals will be tested by management and not your clients. If you also feel that having 15 min sessions with clients is appropriate then this is the place for you. Staff live in constant fear they'll be fired – more... if they say anything against this dictatorship. Please apply elsewhere where you can actually grow as a therapist. The individual and group supervision are elementary at best. – less
enjoyed working with a variety of different types of patients
Registered Nurse, Medical Oncology (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: dealt with a variety of different diagnoses
Cons: no breaks
Worked with a variety of different types of patients such as those with a variety of illnesses, infections and surgical procedures. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and their families facing death. Worked with co-workers as part of a team but was also encouraged by management to work autonomously. Enjoyed working with my co-workers – more... and getting to know my patients and their families. – less
Excellent Hospital
Emergency Room Technician I (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: team setting, advanced healthcare
Cons: short-staffed
Great team to work with, extremely professional and always striving to advance.
Run for the hills!!!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: everything else, especially managers/executive team
Short, sweet, and to the point:

If you want to keep your sanity, stay away from this place!

Toxic work enviroment.

If the Clinical Director does not like you, her and her puppets (program managers/program coordinators) will make your stay there miserable.

Leadership team is ego-hungry.

All they care about is "productivity," or better said "revenue." – more... They do not care at all about their clients, as they make it seem to be. – less

May 28, 2014

Hiring and firing is at a rate of left and right. Some employees do not even last one month!

Productive and fast pace
Access Management Representative (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 15, 2014
Emergency department is always very busy. Working at Tri-City will keep you on your toes, for sure. Great compensation and benefits. Not much managerial support but staff was great.
Tri City: Be prepared to hate what you love doing
Adult Department (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 7, 2014
***This is a review of Tri City Mental Health Center in 2008 North Garey Avenue, Pomona CA 91767*** For some reason, indeed mixed the reviews along with Tri City Medical Center.

CONS

-Poor career advancement opportunities

Even though the pay is above the average for a state contracted agency (clinicians right out of school usually get $47k-49k starting), – more... prepare to work. And work. And work. Only to stay and stall in your position.
You can work really hard at Tri City and get high praises but unless you're in the inner circle, it's not going to mean much, because it's not a professional environment that values expertise.
When the clinical director proudly says that this is only a stepping stone for people and would rather promote from the outside than from within, that says something. You think that boost morale?

Money, Money, Money

Simple math: high productivity equals higher funding from the state. Your hours billing for Tri City is a terrifying mandated lifestyle and breeds a culture of quantity, not quality. The intense demands for productivity at Tri City create a dilemma for many: cheat or risk being fired. Due to the heavy pressure from supervisors, some of the staff that I saw (therapists and case managers) often exaggerate their hours like seeing clients for 20 mins and billing them for 60 minutes. Or why see clients at all? Just bill for those services! No one will notice, right? Supervisors often encourage over billing and would look the other way as their positions depend on their staff's productivity. What incentive do they have to be honest? This is the real world, not an ethics class.
The staff that don't want to compromise their values, actually see their clients, and work hard almost always quit because they become frustrated and cynical, often wondering how people can bill 140+ hours a month and still have time to have 2 hour lunches (that means out of the 8hrs working, they have to bill 7hrs to at least get to 140). Impossible? Not at Tri City!
Understandably, this results in a cyclical exodus of inordinate amounts of talent from the agency. Which brings us to:

High Turnover Rate

Turnover of staff is sky high. It doesn't seem to be a problem for Tri City as employees are treated like a dispensable commodity. The quality of clinicians doesn't seem to matter either. Some "clinicians" could use more therapy than their clients. And you'll also find the rare clinicians who has never had the experience of having their own personal therapies themselves, yet they advocate the practice to their clients. Is there something wrong with this picture?
Tri City stresses that they're a client driven agency, even though you get bombarded with reminders of productivity in every meeting. Group supervisions turn into chart audits so that they don't lose money when the auditors do their yearly visits.

Toxic working environment

Palpable friction between staff, lots of talking about teams/people behind their back, lots of schmoozing by staff to supervisors, employees seem openly dissatisfied-- every meeting seems to end with somebody complaining about someone or something-- just a generally very sad and depressing working environment.
If you happen to make the mistake of sharing some mundane fact about you or your personal life, the whole company learns about it. Gossip is widespread especially in the adult program. You gain a little weight=you're pregnant. You take some time off=you had a mental breakdown. You get ostracized for not conforming to the culture of Tri City and people talk behind your back. Sooner or later, it's gonna get to you. What does management do about it. You guessed it. Nothing.

Pros – less
its good
Lead sonographer (Current Employee), Oceanside, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: distance
greaat place to work friendly staff! it is enjoyable and managment is fair
adversity-friendly
Community Rehabilitative Support (CRS) Coordinator (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches in meetings.
Cons: getting bombared when shortage of staff.
Assisted individuals and collateral contacts on a daily basis.
Seeking assistance from the management team during crisis situations.
Friendly, joyful, charismatic co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with escalated individuals.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having great team spirit.
Tri-City Mental Health was pleasant and productive workplace.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: strong team member that effectively communicate within company
Cons: did not always have the full cooperation from clients and families members
A typical day at work includes working strongly with the entire staff assisting the needs of clients. I learned how to manage my time according to each client needs and assist co-worked as needed. How to reach out to co-worked when needed keeping a positive outlook on situations. The hardest part of the job was not taking thing personal in the beginning. – more... As I learned how to separate life experience by identifying with my own needs. I also learned to enjoy interacting as a team play with staff and clients. I became more alert and teachable within my surrounding. Most of all I enjoy working with management receiving the necessary training and their input on how to be productive, learning my strengths. Meeting with them weekly one on one, openly expressing concerns and needs as I continue to grow in a positive involvement.. – less
Needs new leadership
Manager, Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAOctober 5, 2013
Co-workers were excellent. Leadership was dysfunctional causing many to fear for their jobs. Good hospital with some quality physicians but administration lacking ethics.
good staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), oceanside caSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: one pt a time
Cons: low pay
great staff.
always willing to help
only one pt at a time
flexible hours
Internal growth is a challenge
Current Employee (Current Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: many departments are understaffed but work load continues to increase
Once a wave of good leadership and talented employees leave a facility, the facility has the potential to implode. Layered with no merit increase incentive and failing employee satisfaction the work environment can become toxic - especially when no executive vision to improve the current situation has been verbalized. It becomes a challenge and near – more... impossibility to grow/advance a career in such a tumultuous setting. – less
I worked only through agency
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 26, 2013
I liked the nice environment and helpful nurses. I learned how to do different procedures I never knew about. Everybody works like a team. I never witnessed an argument the whole time I was there.
Worked with Mental Health Record Dept.
RECORDS INFORMATION CLERK (Former Employee), East Chicago IndianaAugust 20, 2013
Pros: year raise
Cons: no union
Open up office
Pulled Records
Talked to client about there record
Mailed Release to SS Office
Worked side by side with co-worker
I did't have a hard part to this job
I enjoyable part to this job is I was there over twenty seven years
Nice, small, community hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: runs on skeleton crew at night.
Poor management. Recently began laying off RN's, CNA's, and other ancillary personnel due to financial problems and Obamacare.

About Tri-City Medical Center

For those in southern California's North County, the Tri-City Healthcare District is there to take care of your medical needs. – Read more