Tri-City Medical Center

Tri-City Medical Center Employer Reviews

Run far away from this place....the community can't even stand this place.
Therapist (Former Employee), Pomona, CaJuly 20, 2014
Cons: toxic management, toni (executive director) has 'splitting' tendencies, caseloads in excess of 55, i was asked to do unethical charting practices (signing off on care plans/assessments i never did), the list goes on....
No wonder this place went bankrupt a few years ago. If you are a clinician considering an internship or career here don't do it. Your ethics and morals will be tested by management and not your clients. If you also feel that having 15 min sessions with clients is appropriate then this is the place for you. Staff live in constant fear they'll be fired – more... if they say anything against this dictatorship. Please apply elsewhere where you can actually grow as a therapist. The individual and group supervision are elementary at best. – less
enjoyed working with a variety of different types of patients
Registered Nurse, Medical Oncology (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: dealt with a variety of different diagnoses
Cons: no breaks
Worked with a variety of different types of patients such as those with a variety of illnesses, infections and surgical procedures. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and their families facing death. Worked with co-workers as part of a team but was also encouraged by management to work autonomously. Enjoyed working with my co-workers – more... and getting to know my patients and their families. – less
Excellent Hospital
Emergency Room Technician I (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: team setting, advanced healthcare
Cons: short-staffed
Great team to work with, extremely professional and always striving to advance.
Run for the hills!!!
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CAMay 15, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: everything else, especially managers/executive team
Short, sweet, and to the point:

If you want to keep your sanity, stay away from this place!

Toxic work enviroment.

If the Clinical Director does not like you, her and her puppets (program managers/program coordinators) will make your stay there miserable.

Leadership team is ego-hungry.

All they care about is "productivity," or better said "revenue." – more... They do not care at all about their clients, as they make it seem to be. – less

May 28, 2014

Hiring and firing is at a rate of left and right. Some employees do not even last one month!

Productive and fast pace
Access Management Representative (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 15, 2014
Emergency department is always very busy. Working at Tri-City will keep you on your toes, for sure. Great compensation and benefits. Not much managerial support but staff was great.
Tri City: Be prepared to hate what you love doing
Adult Department (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 7, 2014
***This is a review of Tri City Mental Health Center in 2008 North Garey Avenue, Pomona CA 91767*** For some reason, indeed mixed the reviews along with Tri City Medical Center.

CONS

-Poor career advancement opportunities

Even though the pay is above the average for a state contracted agency (clinicians right out of school usually get $47k-49k starting), – more... prepare to work. And work. And work. Only to stay and stall in your position.
You can work really hard at Tri City and get high praises but unless you're in the inner circle, it's not going to mean much, because it's not a professional environment that values expertise.
When the clinical director proudly says that this is only a stepping stone for people and would rather promote from the outside than from within, that says something. You think that boost morale?

Money, Money, Money

Simple math: high productivity equals higher funding from the state. Your hours billing for Tri City is a terrifying mandated lifestyle and breeds a culture of quantity, not quality. The intense demands for productivity at Tri City create a dilemma for many: cheat or risk being fired. Due to the heavy pressure from supervisors, some of the staff that I saw (therapists and case managers) often exaggerate their hours like seeing clients for 20 mins and billing them for 60 minutes. Or why see clients at all? Just bill for those services! No one will notice, right? Supervisors often encourage over billing and would look the other way as their positions depend on their staff's productivity. What incentive do they have to be honest? This is the real world, not an ethics class.
The staff that don't want to compromise their values, actually see their clients, and work hard almost always quit because they become frustrated and cynical, often wondering how people can bill 140+ hours a month and still have time to have 2 hour lunches (that means out of the 8hrs working, they have to bill 7hrs to at least get to 140). Impossible? Not at Tri City!
Understandably, this results in a cyclical exodus of inordinate amounts of talent from the agency. Which brings us to:

High Turnover Rate

Turnover of staff is sky high. It doesn't seem to be a problem for Tri City as employees are treated like a dispensable commodity. The quality of clinicians doesn't seem to matter either. Some "clinicians" could use more therapy than their clients. And you'll also find the rare clinicians who has never had the experience of having their own personal therapies themselves, yet they advocate the practice to their clients. Is there something wrong with this picture?
Tri City stresses that they're a client driven agency, even though you get bombarded with reminders of productivity in every meeting. Group supervisions turn into chart audits so that they don't lose money when the auditors do their yearly visits.

Toxic working environment

Palpable friction between staff, lots of talking about teams/people behind their back, lots of schmoozing by staff to supervisors, employees seem openly dissatisfied-- every meeting seems to end with somebody complaining about someone or something-- just a generally very sad and depressing working environment.
If you happen to make the mistake of sharing some mundane fact about you or your personal life, the whole company learns about it. Gossip is widespread especially in the adult program. You gain a little weight=you're pregnant. You take some time off=you had a mental breakdown. You get ostracized for not conforming to the culture of Tri City and people talk behind your back. Sooner or later, it's gonna get to you. What does management do about it. You guessed it. Nothing.

Pros – less
its good
Lead sonographer (Current Employee), Oceanside, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: distance
greaat place to work friendly staff! it is enjoyable and managment is fair
adversity-friendly
Community Rehabilitative Support (CRS) Coordinator (Former Employee), Lynn, MANovember 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches in meetings.
Cons: getting bombared when shortage of staff.
Assisted individuals and collateral contacts on a daily basis.
Seeking assistance from the management team during crisis situations.
Friendly, joyful, charismatic co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with escalated individuals.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having great team spirit.
Tri-City Mental Health was pleasant and productive workplace.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Pomona, CAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: strong team member that effectively communicate within company
Cons: did not always have the full cooperation from clients and families members
A typical day at work includes working strongly with the entire staff assisting the needs of clients. I learned how to manage my time according to each client needs and assist co-worked as needed. How to reach out to co-worked when needed keeping a positive outlook on situations. The hardest part of the job was not taking thing personal in the beginning. – more... As I learned how to separate life experience by identifying with my own needs. I also learned to enjoy interacting as a team play with staff and clients. I became more alert and teachable within my surrounding. Most of all I enjoy working with management receiving the necessary training and their input on how to be productive, learning my strengths. Meeting with them weekly one on one, openly expressing concerns and needs as I continue to grow in a positive involvement.. – less
Needs new leadership
Manager, Marketing and Business Development (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAOctober 5, 2013
Co-workers were excellent. Leadership was dysfunctional causing many to fear for their jobs. Good hospital with some quality physicians but administration lacking ethics.
good staff
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), oceanside caSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: one pt a time
Cons: low pay
great staff.
always willing to help
only one pt at a time
flexible hours
Internal growth is a challenge
Current Employee (Current Employee), Oceanside, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: many departments are understaffed but work load continues to increase
Once a wave of good leadership and talented employees leave a facility, the facility has the potential to implode. Layered with no merit increase incentive and failing employee satisfaction the work environment can become toxic - especially when no executive vision to improve the current situation has been verbalized. It becomes a challenge and near – more... impossibility to grow/advance a career in such a tumultuous setting. – less
I worked only through agency
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 26, 2013
I liked the nice environment and helpful nurses. I learned how to do different procedures I never knew about. Everybody works like a team. I never witnessed an argument the whole time I was there.
Worked with Mental Health Record Dept.
RECORDS INFORMATION CLERK (Former Employee), East Chicago IndianaAugust 20, 2013
Pros: year raise
Cons: no union
Open up office
Pulled Records
Talked to client about there record
Mailed Release to SS Office
Worked side by side with co-worker
I did't have a hard part to this job
I enjoyable part to this job is I was there over twenty seven years
Nice, small, community hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: runs on skeleton crew at night.
Poor management. Recently began laying off RN's, CNA's, and other ancillary personnel due to financial problems and Obamacare.
Run!!!!!
Therapist (Former Employee), Pomona, caMarch 21, 2013
Pros: pay is good.
Cons: everything else.
I was a former therapist at this agency and i was so glad the day i quit. Management is a joke and u cant complain because nothing at this agency is either confidential and borders on unethical. The clinical director is a poor leader and not open to suggestions or opinions as well as her program supervisors. Managers are all her personal friends and – more... money is always put before client care. The children's department is micromanaged, therapist are not respected as clinicians, and supervision is a joke. Administrative concerns are key component of supervision rather than clinical discussion and conceptualization of cases. Group supervision is a one hour lecture and show and tell rather than a group led discussion on clinical concerns. Finally, they hire and fire people that go against the grain and hierarchy because a ridiculous one year probationary period which makes worrying about job security a constant. I will say one good thing... The pay is great, and unfortunately thats how they keep interns. No licensed therapist would be crazy to stat there and put up with the stress this agency inflicts on its staff. – less
Fun place to work
RadTech (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: energetic staff
Cons: too much traffic
Very busy Imaging department. Well managed by conscientious management personnel.
great place to work, nice people
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: was able to work independently
Cons: short breaks
Very productive/busy place, nice co-workers, the boss was great, enjoyed talking to customers and vendors
Productive and fun workplace with great people!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 3, 2012
Pros: drove the company car, free lunches, learned the emr system, etc.
Cons: worked more than 40 hrs. per week and only paid 40 hrs. on salary, wasn't willing to switch me to hourly pay, etc.
I was able to learn a lot of skills in research and also using the new GLO-EMR system to put patient data information. I liked going out on the field everyday with the doctors using the laptop which contained the EMR system. The hardest part of the job was literally being thrown into a project, such as research, and teaching myself with a little help – more... from the research coordinator. It was interesting and fun...I learned a lot and was able to find, screen, and qualify many patients for the research study. I met a lot of interesting people going out on the field with the doctors and helping the patients in any way that I could. – less
The most unprofessional HR dept on this planet
Contingent Search Recruiter (Former Employee), OceansideOctober 14, 2012
Cons: read my review, need i say more
Don't take my word for it, look at their current management job description. It's a perfect example of how dysfunctional they are, they can't even put together a decent job description. I worked as a contingent search recruiter for Tri-City. It was the single most horrible experience I have ever had with a client. The Director in charge of recruiting – more... never responded to anything, and always blamed other people. Everybody I spoke to, both in HR and the hiring managers whose positions I was working on all blamed the Chief HR Officer for the failures in the HR dept. Jobs are given out based on who you know, not what you know. Nepotism at its finest! This place is a joke. You're better off being unemployed than working here. – less

About Tri-City Medical Center

For thoseĀ in southern California's North County, the Tri-City Healthcare District is there to take care of your medical needs. – Read more