Tri-City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Friendly place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 29, 2017
Team work, friendly co-worker, very busy office, learning new skill, and the Doctor and management very out going, time took us out to lunch, I high recommend it.
Family oriented team throughout the hospital
Occupational Therapy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 6, 2017
Tri-City Medical Center is overall a loving family oriented team where everyone looks out for each other. There are wonderful long term benefits for full and part time positions.
Technology advancment and Growth
Operations Manager, Sterile Processing Department (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 21, 2017
TCMC is dedicated to providing quality care and allowed me to make changes needed to support this. The hospital is always looking to bring on quality Doctors and Surgeons to help support community needs.
Pros
My Direct Leader is excellant
review
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 28, 2017
Advancement can occur depending on the department, and your ethic. If you fit the company image you can move forward to any level. They work with school schedule and advancement.
Pros
insurance benefits
Cons
managers
Challenging, yet rewarding place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 21, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Tri-City and was sad to have to leave. However, Arizona was the best choice for my son and myself. I would recommend this opportunity and amazing hospital to anyone qualified.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Per diem-no benefits
Poor Salary but great family atmosphere
Adult Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 24, 2017
I recently found out I am paid less than a new-grad hired at the hospital, although I have 11 years experience as a nurse. I have loved the people I work with and have felt supported by the nurses around me, but it is frustrating to work for an organization that does not support an employee's financial goals and put value in retaining talent through competitive salaries.
Poor management
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 11, 2017
Clinical and allied health departments are always short staffed. Departments are too heavy with middle managers who are not qualified for their jobs and lack the ability to lead.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always short staffed and no confidence in managers to lead
good place to start gaining clinical practice
Child/Family Mental Health Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  caAugust 10, 2017
enjoyed the co-working relationships for support to help overcome the challenges. good place to gain clinical experience and earn hours for licensing.
tough community to help families in need due to lack of or no resources. Clinical and administrated decisions are confronted daily.
Pros
good clinical experience
Cons
High case load; too much work for 8 hour days.
Okay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 4, 2017
Its okay place to work. Management and leadership is poor. I wouldn't recommend working here. Its okay if you cant get a job elsewhere in the county. Needs improvement.
Fast paced and productive work place
Student Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CA 92056August 2, 2017
Greet guests and patients, walk around to see if anyone needs assistance, take food trays to family members or patients. The workplace is very fast paced but is interesting as well. You get to see all that goes on in all places of the hospital. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help out people and go into the ER.
Ha
Advanced Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2017
bad place to work, I was not happy working here.. they are so mean to people due to your skin color... if your ask me, its not a great place to work, they need to change management
Excellent staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 19, 2017
Community driven, focused on the well being of the surrounding community. Excellent staff, patient care and wonderful cafeteria! The food is exceptional!
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
n/a
Very professional atmosphere to work, great co-workers
Billing Collector (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 11, 2017
My Typical work day was printing census and working on large accounts for Hospital. meeting with patients for payment arrangements and offering other options to assist them with their bills.
Pros
Enjoyed helping people
Cons
Pay increased not enough
Great place to learn acute care skills
Student Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 22, 2017
With a large rehabilitation team consisting of outpatient and inpatient therapists, much is to be learned in learning OT dynamics in inpatient settings. Fast-paced as all inpatient settings, team members are very knowledgeable and seasoned. Therapy service delivery is always changing, you get to keep pace with latest developments in Medicare/reimbursement schemes.
Toxic Work Environment
New-Grad RN - 1 North/Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 15, 2017
Having worked for Tri-City for almost 5 years, I always accepted the toxicity for what it was. I figured that it would common in any big medical facility, but I was wrong. As an employee of Tri-City, you will not receive support from management and administration. You will be worked very hard with little if any notoriety for your hard work. Sadly, at TCMC, you are just a number. You are replaceable, and this is evident given the overwhelming number of registry nurses that TCMC is having to hire. TCMC finds it very difficult to retain employees for worthy reasons. Having worked on many floors in this facility, I have witnessed an overwhelming lack of satisfaction among the staff on most floors. Unless you're desperate, don't work at TCMC.
Pros
Good benefits, good people on respective floors
Cons
Bad management, little support, overworked
Great Place
Lift Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 13, 2017
The company is awesome great benefits and the environment is good. Very fast past a lot of room to advance and move up or around the hospital. Will recommend.
A hospital in Southern California.
CEO i (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 7, 2017
This is a large hospital that provides a broad range of services to north county residents. It compares with other similar sized hospitals in the area overall.
Most Staff are Friendly
Supervisor, Charge RN, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 28, 2017
Many of the managers lack the education and skills they require from the nurses. Little to none support for nurses. Pay is competitive with great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits
Hospital setting.
Unit Secretary (Resource Float Pool) (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 24, 2017
Worked night shift. Checked in with Administrative Supervisor go over patient census and possible admissions from the E.R. to Hospital. Assist Staffing Coordinator with answering phones, confirming staff. Make rounds to each unit; go over patient charts enter any new written orders by Doctor or Nursing staff. Unit Secretary and administrative duties.
There are better places around. Go there.
NP (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 23, 2017
Poor management trickles down. Doctors in ER yell and scream at staff. Managers do too and stab employees in the back. Staffing is horrendous. Hired for days, you get scheduled for nights. Hired Monday through Friday, you are scheduled every weekend. You work and don't get paid.
Pros
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri-City Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Tri-City Medical Center Reviews by Location