Tri-county Community Action Agency Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RI 02879February 2, 2018
A typical day was learning hard and soft skills. I was able to get an internship at URI. The hardest part of the job was getting up early, and then also driving to the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills that are applicable to other jobs and outside of my life.
Domestic Violence
Relief Worker (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 7, 2017
- paperwork
- learned more about domestic violence / SA , attitudes, case manager, VADATA
- calm, quiet environment
- most enjoyable working with families
Most enjoyable part of the job
parent educator (Former Employee) –  Center, TX 75935July 17, 2017
Is actually helping someone, working with parents and children and somehow making a difference in their life! I actually can continue my education while working with TCCA..
Challenging and Caring
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Augustine, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A challenge and a blessing to be able to assist someone in need. Currently assists nine counties with utility assistance and school when funding is available. Most of all, helping our elderly in our communities makes you feel great and appreciative
Pros
Client Assistance
Cons
Disabling some of the clients
Benefit the children
Assistant Cook/Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJune 20, 2015
Cook/Clean for 100+ children
All the different allergy types
Fun and helpful
Making sure every center got their food hot and on time
Cleaning for the next day
Pros
Benefit the children
Cons
Undercompensated for the work done
An awesome program that gives our children a Head Start in life. The Head Start children are overall great students when they leave our program.
Family Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 16, 2012
A typical day begins with a follow-up from the previous day. I complete what was not completed. I work on documenting any parent contact in files. I work on updating information that has occur ex. home visit log or any notes sent home to parents. I learned by updating my information constantly, I dont have to do it at the end of the month. therefore, my monthly and quarterly reports are easy to produce because the information is there. I make calls to setup home visits, make follow-up calls from home visits and calls due to unexcused absences.The management has taught me to always be prepared when asked for information pertaining to my case load.I have co-workers who are team players. When we are given an assignment, we all work together as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to help those in need. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a parents or parents have achieved a sense of self reliance. This makes me feel I had a hand in changing someone's circle of depending on public assistance.I feel my work is not in vain. I love helping people!!!
Pros
my job is very flexible when i have dr.'s appts., or if i need to attend my son's iep meeting or time off.
Cons
we only have 30 minutes for lunch.
Challenging work environment. Very helpful in honing communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Bridgeton, NJ (Former Employee) –  Center CoordinatorNovember 10, 2011
As a former supervisor for the Head Start Program, this job provided great experience in the field of early education. It also was ideal for learning about operating a nonprofit agency.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
chaotic workplace, low pay, no job training, no job security, long commute.