Tri-County Technical College Employee Reviews

Great place to learn more about your education
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCOctober 12, 2017
Typical day resulted in daily office routine. Management was great and always happy to help. Love working with other in the office and working with students when they came in to ask options or questions.
Pros
hours
Cons
it was just intern
Sleepy little place
Career Services Office Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCSeptember 5, 2017
This was a very slow paced job with little room for growth, however it was stable. If you want to work somewhere for a long period of time and don't mind staying in the same position, this may be a good place for you.
Could be so much better
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 31, 2017
I love my job. That being said; I dislike so much about it which could actually be changed easily by the powers that be. The typical day is as one would think a day at a campus is - either teaching a 55 minute class or a 90 minute class. I hold office hours but then I also have NO OFFICE. This makes the task quite difficult.

The workplace culture is unique and not in a good way. Unless one has a full-time position from the start, it's virtually impossible to get a full-time position. I've been there four (4) years and still have only moved up from a part time adjunct, to a slightly more part-time lecturer. I have to teach six classes which is one more than the full-time professors (who don't have any more degrees than I do) and I also advise in the summers. I even earn LESS in the summer time. This is the hardest part of the job. I do more work than full-time instructors and get nothing for it. I have been passed over for a full-time slot when instructors who have left decide to come back.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids who actually come to class and learn and are appreciative of what we do for them.
Pros
2 pm Fridays
Cons
Low pay/Long hours
Good Learning Environment
Instructor - Media Arts Production (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 28, 2017
Instructors are very engaged. Fun learning atmosphere. Students learn a variety of practical skills to get relevant job placement. Great two-year programs, and excellent four-year college preparation.
The position was meaningful which I loved.
Part-Time Academic Tutor for Talent Search (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 22, 2017
I tutored 6, 7, and 8th graders. I loved that I was able to impact their lives and help them find their voice with their teachers. Job felt meaningful as I created life-time relationships with the students.
Pros
influence
Cons
management
Nice
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 15, 2017
Enjoyable place to work with lots of opportunities. This is a great school with nice staff and good community involvement. Tech has really grown over the last ten years.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCApril 23, 2017
Colleagues are nice and helpful. The campus has all the tools necessary to teach. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the great lack of ethics from the current students, a great issue worldwide.
Power stays at the top
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Over a decade there, a state institution, run by men, no maternity leave for a new mother, doesn't look to change... A lot of politics, but overall a good place.
I work at Tri County Technical College
Temporary Worker, Bookstore (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCNovember 6, 2015
My Department is in the bookstore. I do everything from running the cash register to ordering thousands of dollars worth of supplies.
Pros
I am off for weekends and holidays.
Cons
Im a temporary worker.
It's a Job
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCSeptember 2, 2015
This is a fairly easy job. I like how I can interact with many different people from all walks of life. I like the fact that I not only help people, but they actually help me as well.
Great creative space with supportive supervision
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 12, 2015
I absolutely loved working at TCTC. My boss was the best. My tasks varied on a daily basis, which kept things interesting. The culture was amazing, and I will truly miss working there.
Student Development
Student Development Generalist/AA (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 1, 2015
Working at Tri-County was a positive experience for me. I was able to learn the ins and outs of many aspects of student life including student activities, SGA, Student Ambassadors, Disability Services, student account adjustments, disciplinary proceedings, as well as typical office duties (filing, data entry, answering phones.)
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Temporary position with little hope of becoming full-time, no benefits
Only left because was an adjunct and Obama Care could not allow them to give me full time hours any longer as an adjunct with no full time positions
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 26, 2015
I lectured to nursing students in classroom as well as supervised and instructed students in the clinical field, long term care and acute care areas. The hardest part of the job was remembering so many students names. I enjoyed every minute that I was teaching. I loved explaining something to a student and seeing that light bulb light up over their head.
Pros
Teaching students values that nurses tend to forget
Cons
No permanent openings
Taught online and face-to-face math courses since 2000
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Tri-County Technical College provides great support for part-time instructors. I have received training on how to utilize Blackboard, MyLabsPlus and Starfish. Tri-County focuses on student retention and active online participation throughout each course.

The mathematics department head is a great resource for instructors. She is always attentive to our needs and is always available to help via email or in person.
Pros
Student-friendly online environment that promotes student success
Cons
Little chance for advancement
Times are changing
Concerned ex-employee (Former Employee) –  CampusDecember 19, 2014
Caution -
changing times and attitudes
closed thinking at the top
speak one thing and act differently
careful careful careful
Helping others to succeed in their goals is great.
Graphic Designer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCDecember 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help others realize their potential and help them attain their goals.
Review Summary
Call Center "Temporary (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCOctober 20, 2014
A great College to work with. In Pendleton, SC. Close to restaurants for lunch, and Clemson, SC.
Love it and the people i work with
Veterinary Technology Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCOctober 14, 2013
Love this job but can not make it on part time and no more hours are available.The people are great and we work as a team.
The Expanded Duty Dental Assistant Program
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 24, 2013
This program had taught me a lot. I had many rotations to complete during the program where I have been to a lot of different offices and would sometimes assist with the dentist. I have learned that each dentist is different in how they like things done. I am a quick learner so it was easy to learn their ways. I enjoyed every bit of my rotations.
I love my co-workers
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCMay 30, 2012
They were eager to help me and the job was easily accessible while I attended college.