Tri-County Technical College Employee Reviews

It's a Job
Administrative Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCSeptember 2, 2015
This is a fairly easy job. I like how I can interact with many different people from all walks of life. I like the fact that I not only help people, but they actually help me as well.
Great creative space with supportive supervision
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 12, 2015
I absolutely loved working at TCTC. My boss was the best. My tasks varied on a daily basis, which kept things interesting. The culture was amazing, and I will truly miss working there.
Student Development
Student Development Generalist/AA (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 1, 2015
Working at Tri-County was a positive experience for me. I was able to learn the ins and outs of many aspects of student life including student activities, SGA, Student Ambassadors, Disability Services, student account adjustments, disciplinary proceedings, as well as typical office duties (filing, data entry, answering phones.)
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Temporary position with little hope of becoming full-time, no benefits
Only left because was an adjunct and Obama Care could not allow them to give me full time hours any longer as an adjunct with no full time positions
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 26, 2015
I lectured to nursing students in classroom as well as supervised and instructed students in the clinical field, long term care and acute care areas. The hardest part of the job was remembering so many students names. I enjoyed every minute that I was teaching. I loved explaining something to a student and seeing that light bulb light up over their head.
Pros
Teaching students values that nurses tend to forget
Cons
No permanent openings
Taught online and face-to-face math courses since 2000
Adjunct Math Professor (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Tri-County Technical College provides great support for part-time instructors. I have received training on how to utilize Blackboard, MyLabsPlus and Starfish. Tri-County focuses on student retention and active online participation throughout each course.

The mathematics department head is a great resource for instructors. She is always attentive to our needs and is always available to help via email or in person.
Pros
Student-friendly online environment that promotes student success
Cons
Little chance for advancement
Times are changing
Concerned ex-employee (Former Employee) –  CampusDecember 19, 2014
Caution -
changing times and attitudes
closed thinking at the top
speak one thing and act differently
careful careful careful
Helping others to succeed in their goals is great.
Graphic Designer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCDecember 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help others realize their potential and help them attain their goals.
Review Summary
Call Center "Temporary (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCOctober 20, 2014
A great College to work with. In Pendleton, SC. Close to restaurants for lunch, and Clemson, SC.
Love it and the people i work with
Veterinary Technology Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCOctober 14, 2013
Love this job but can not make it on part time and no more hours are available.The people are great and we work as a team.
The Expanded Duty Dental Assistant Program
Expanded Duty Dental Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 24, 2013
This program had taught me a lot. I had many rotations to complete during the program where I have been to a lot of different offices and would sometimes assist with the dentist. I have learned that each dentist is different in how they like things done. I am a quick learner so it was easy to learn their ways. I enjoyed every bit of my rotations.
I love my co-workers
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCMay 30, 2012
They were eager to help me and the job was easily accessible while I attended college.
Professional and Productive Environment
Temporary Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 1, 2012
My typical day begins at 8:00am. I work and communicate with one supervisor, a secretary, and an accountant. This job is a paid by a federal grant which means I am continually monitoring applicants and recruting individuals ensuring that they qualify for our services. I go to various high schools throughout the week and enjoy what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to talk to various diverse groups.
Pros
an hour for lunch, good pay, regular hours 8-5pm
Cons
no overtime, no healthcare, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri-County Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4