Tri-Starr Personnel Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
upset in the end
for the most part helpful and nice (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216May 4, 2017
When my job was ending and they knew it. They didn't even try to find me another job, except for one that I let them know that I do not like call centers. I did receive paid holidays after 1200 hours worked. After 1 year I got 5 days of paid time off, this is what they called it. I call it vacation. Since they did not call me after my last day, after 30 days of not working I lost all my time in with them and would have to start off. I called them every week to let them know that I was available.
Pros
after so many hours worked I got 6 different holiday pay from them.
Terrible company for terrible people.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
Terrible company with zero benefits for there contractors which they wont even qualify for until 1 year of employment.
Management is either clueless or not present during day to day operations and will find creative ways to cheat both contractors and clients out of there money.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
too numerous to mention.
Agents very helpful and courteous.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
All the agents are very helpful and are prompt to return phone calls to notify you of any changes and to give information. All in All service is great. I would recommend this agency to everyone interested in finding a great job.
Pros
prompt attention is given to job seeker.
Cons
healthcare
Game me my start in Recruiting
Medical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2016
I will forever be grateful to the MedTek Group who took a chance and gave me my start in the Medical Recruiting arena 10 years ago now. Without that chance, I am not sure I would be where I am today.
Great place to start temp
Administrative Assistant For Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78205July 6, 2016
Fun, always something new.
so much from computer, to meeting new people
great management
honest and team players
meeting new people on a daily basis.
Cons
Paying for Parking
Never Again
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2016
I worked with this company literally for only 2 months. There were the most unprofessional, rude, lying people I've ever met. Literally the worst Temp agency I've worked for. So happy I left. Found a way better job with a way better pay rate.
Pros
Cons
Lowest Payrates of competitive companies, Only worry about themselves, record conversations and try to make you look bad.
Good
Temporary Clerical (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,m TexasJanuary 30, 2016
TriStarr is a temporary personnnel placement organization under contract to the City of San Antonio. They assigned me to various City of San Antonio Departments throughtout the city for a specific time frame. Their ability to re-assign me within a few days after the competion of my duties with my currently assigned department was fantastic.
Pros
Good personnel counselor
Cons
Tri-Starr Personnel is a placement agent so I will write the review on Tesoro, which is where I am placed.
Accounts Payable Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tesoro CorporationDecember 30, 2013
The accounting position I am currently in provides adequate challenges and successes and is very fulfilling, though temporary. The SAP accounting software is similar to the version used in my previous employment so it is both familiar, yet different, so that is an ongoing learning process. Our days consist mainly of quiet busy production and management is consciencious and keeps us all educated on changes and expectations. The work is not hard but it can be hard to wait for information to complete the process. I mostly enjoy the days when I complete several tasks without requiring input from other departments, thus, shortening the waiting time. The work environment is made up of several contractors that work efficiently with long term permanent employees so it is very satisfying.
Pros
The work is easy yet challenging, co-workers are friendly and focused so our common goal is accomplished
Cons
Most days there are no breaks, just a short lunch, when our queue is high and there are deadlines to meet
Professional, friendly office staff
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasNovember 12, 2013
This is a temporary staffing agency that I've done a couple of projects for in the San Antonio, Texas area. This is one of those unique agencies that are very efficient at job matching. Both of my assignments were very rewarding experiences.
Pros
Proficient recruiters
Weird Place to Work
Credentialing and HR Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2013
Extremely supportive when you start. Catch a manager lying and you are out of there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri-Starr Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9