Tri Counties Bank

Tri Counties Bank United States Employee Reviews

Great Community Bank
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Grass Valley, CAMarch 8, 2015
A typical day starts at 8:30am we open night drop and process transactions, if it is a cash ordering day, I order cash. We open at 9:00 and handle customers transactions all day in between doing my job duties assigned to me.

We all work as a team. I think the hardest part of the job is the sales goals. Hard to achieve.
Great Employer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Red Bluff, CADecember 30, 2014
A typical day in the office involves preparing and planning staff for any appointments to be held on that particular day. Also, coaching and leading the staff to success was a huge part of my daily activities while maintaining customer satisfaction at each interaction.
Not good
Senior Banker (Former Employee), South valley regionMay 13, 2014
Pros: im not there anymore
Cons: everything about it
This company's only focus is sales sales sales. They forget that they are a community bank and not a national name brand bank. The regional manager is a total power hungry and the managers are a bunch a hypocrites. The only ones that get ahead in this company are the ones who kiss the most tail. Never in my life have I been fired for speaking up when something wasnt right. When they see you as a threat the will give you your walking papers. Human resources also is no help. Horrible, hostile place to have worked.
fun and very rewarding
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Turlock, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: fun, great customers, rewarding
Cons: working hours
-business calling
-scheduling
-HR
-conference calls
-implementation of business plan
-management of employees' activities
Fun place to work
Personal Banker/Business Banking (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2014
Great people to work with. make your own hours. Broker is very helpful
ok Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2014
Good place to begin your banking career. Upper management is out of touch with branch level employees.
Great sales culture and training
Senior Banker (Former Employee), Auburn, CAFebruary 19, 2014
I opened new accounts for customers walking in and went out into the community to search for business. I learn a lot about commercial lending. Management was excellent to work with. The hardest part of the job was juggling between sales and customer service. I most enjoyed getting out into the community to prospect.
good stepping stone
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 4, 2014
good company to gain experience with but not much opportunity for advancement
IN STORE BRANCHES LONG HRS
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2014
TRI COUNTIES BANK WAS A THOUGH COMPANY TO WORK FOR. AFTER RELOCATING COMPANY DID NOT HELP ME IN RELOCATING ME TO A CLOSER LOCATION. SALES ARE VERY HARD TO COME BY AND THERE IS ALOT OF GOING OUT AND GETTING BUSINESS.
Caring and fun
Senior Banker (Current Employee), Redding, CANovember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent customer service
Talking to customers about their financial needs.
Listening with compassion
Produtive and fun.
Teller (Former Employee), Lincoln, CASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great working enivirnent.
Cons: no cons.
My day would begin by greeting my co workers and customers then going into the back room and getting my cash drawer. I learned a great deal about handling cash and improving my customer service skills with the help of great management. I enjoyed working with my co workers as well. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and understanding their needs.
stressful sales, sales and let me mention sales bank.
Banker (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: when you walk in it feels like a community bank where everyone knows your name.
Cons: if your not producing, your being shown the door.
Little man complex. Community bank with global bank goals. Not realistic. Most of upper management has been brought over from National banks which skews the reality of a community bank. Community bank by name only.
Draining
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Central CaliforniaMarch 29, 2013
Pros: they never miss paying on time.....if that is considered a pro
Cons: read my review- look elsewhere there is no room for growth
This company drains your spirit- you are underpaid undervalued and it is understood and expressed that you can easily be replaced and will be at any time; yet they are so scared of their own shadow they focus on "coaching" the employees who should find a new job rather than "coaching" and appreciating the ones that work hard. The compensation is not worth it for all the hard work you do and the only consistent thing is the inconsistency of direction. Whatever you do is never good enough and the culture is stressful. You are surrounded by a bunch of employees telling their managers what they want to hear. You have zero chance for a promotion unless you are from Wells Fargo. This bank was very different 7 years ago and now it is a bank that doesnt care about their employees or their customers. Annual merit increases are based on budget which has been minimal to none, however the bank leaves it in their budget to cater to the VP's to go to Pismo Beach every year for a week on a private plane and VIP service.
Too sales focused, not customer service
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no raises, no employee value
Awesome co-workers, poor managers, company too sales focused, not enough customer service focused.
horrible place to work!!!!!
CSR (Former Employee), raleys in storeFebruary 16, 2013
Cons: everything
Wow what a HORRIBLE place to work!!! Never in my life I have ever been treated so badly but yet did so much for that company! I even got my friend a job there at a different location and she hates its as well. Save your time and apply somewhere else. McDonald's would be a much better place to work for then here.
Awful place to work
Unappreciated (Current Employee), Central CaliforniaFebruary 2, 2013
Don't waste your time by working for this company. Awful management, and they don't practice their values. Do yourself a favor and go work for a company who actually cares!
This is the worst place to work
Senior Banker (Current Employee), Yuba City, CADecember 4, 2012
Cons: management has a heart of stone
Please do yourself a favor and keep moving if you're seeking a career with this Bank. If you want to go back 15 years in computer technology, not have a voice to plan your sales strategy, strapped to a teller window and work outrages hours then go for it. This is the most thankless bank you can work for "believe it". Management lacks development and coaching skills to keep the staff motivated and on track. There's simply no balance with this bank - which is not what they market. What's the next step... hit the forward button and share your talent with a bank that cares.
Great People along with their core values.
Customer Care Representative via phone (Former Employee), Chico, CAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: b.b.ques, ice cream socials, tickets for local levents.
Cons: out grew the connecting of the new employees. due to our growth...
I was employed at Tri Counties Bank for eight years; I held three different positions in three different departments. First was call center representative, second was credit under writing and auto dealer financing, and third was consumer collection and insurance lapse agent.

All of my memorable experiences were due to the people that worked and had fun while working, which established professional and personal working relationships with.

Beginning with the President, the mission was to provide excellent customer service to our entire customer. Without them we would not have our jobs, the vision was to constantly listen to the employees, their concerns, or how to effectively streamline procedures.

“Since we/they on the front lines".

Which created a close family environment; that lead to growth at a rapid pace.....
Sucks with a capital S
Teller (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJune 6, 2012
Pros: cool customers
Cons: horrible management and two-faced co workers.
Everyone talks about each other behind their backs. Management is lazy and creates lots of drama that is unneeded in the workplace. BM talks about other employees when they are not present. ABM talks about BM when he is gone, then defends him when he is there. I have worked in various places that drama exist in the work place. And this is worse than a daytime soap opera. Would never recommend any friend to work there. Everyone is two-faced and drama queens. Stay away if you have a bank account there close it as soon as possible. B of A is better than this toilet.

December 4, 2012

Thanks for your comment, I've been wanting to complain for months about the BM and how we are treated. This bank needs a complete overhaul.

Productive and fun place to work
Merchant/Vault Teller (Former Employee), Palo Cedro, CAApril 6, 2012
Pros: great work environment
Cons: advancement opportunities
serving bank customers. balancing atm. inputing account information and transactions into bank system. The branch was very customer oriented and friendly.

Tri Counties Bank Salaries