Tri Counties Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Great place
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for over 27 years and I love it. I have learned a lot about banking in these years and I would say that this company has helped me a lot.
Tri Counties Bank was a great community bank to work for.
Sr Teller (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, CAJune 9, 2016
Tri Counties bank created an environment where the customer was top priority. A typical day was taking deposits, verifying funds, making sure checks were not fraudulent and making sure work was scanned and secured. Management was somewhat detached. You were expected to be there the hours you were scheduled to work and overtime was very limited. There was a camaraderie among co-workers and if something needed to be done we were all willing to help each other. The hardest part of this job was the changes in policies and where different forms went. I loved this job as I was able to interact with customers on a daily basis
Pros
Good hours, benefits
Cons
risk of being held up, taking bad check
Too focused on growing assets and not growing loyal employees
Can't share, it would be damning (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 4, 2016
I worked for this Bank for almost a decade. Executive Management is constantly at odds with one another. Poor leadership from the top which trickles down. Employee moral has always been at an all time low. They are slow to provide employees with tools & resources to do their job well. Often, most job descriptions, outside of the retail platform, are 4 jobs rolled into 1 with you reporting to multiple people. Gender inequality is a HUGE issue. Women are not paid the same as their male counterparts, however, there are more female department managers leading the way.

If you do apply, stay for what little experience you can gain, but don't hesitate to grow and expand your horizons and the opportunity to be grown and appreciated at another company.
Pros
Full Gym at HQ
Cons
Executive Management
Good employer
Special Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 25, 2016
I had several jobs that needed to be done by certain times which could be stressful. My co-workers were great. We had fun, parties at work. I did like the challenge.
Pros
Pot lucks & birthday parties
Cons
The drive to work, pay was low
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CA 96130February 12, 2016
assist with customers account, order vault cash, balance travelers check, balance atm , out going wire transfers, merchants deposits
Pros
location of branch
Cons
short staff
First line of communication and sales with customers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 15, 2015
As a teller, I was the first line of assistance for a customer. Greeting them and asking them how I could help them, also asking them of any financial needs and providing beneficiary ways for them to take advantage of our promotions. If interested, introducing them to our personal banker or manager for further assistance.
Pros
Laid back environment for the most part.
Cons
Short staffed and no breaks.
An enjoyable, successful company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 18, 2015
Tri Counties is a great company to work for. I have a great branch manager and a fantastic group of employees that I manage. The hardest part of my position is overcoming struggles with Teller Retention. With so many employees being college students, they tend to come and go pretty quickly. It often times leaves the branch a bit short handed which causes customers to have to wait longer than they typically would. That can create a poor experience for the customer, which is a huge priority for me. Overall though, I really enjoy going to work everyday. The customer interaction is the most enjoyable part of my job. Having the opportunity to help our customer be financially successful is an honor. Tri Counties does a fantastic job of helping all of it's customers be successful, as well as the employees. I am proud to be part of a great company.
fun group to work with
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 18, 2015
great relationship with management
friendly working environment
graded on work quality not just new accounts
they pushed for joining outside groups
Pros
quality environment
Cons
boring training
Ok
Commercial Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  Eureka CAJuly 15, 2015
not what I was expected. Bad training. Low compensation and little management./ Bank uis behind the times and needs to catch up.
Productive workplace focused on sales
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 13, 2015
Working for Tri Counties bank was working 8 hours a day, and being on the phone trying to bring in business. I also helped clients with their teller transactions. Although I made my numbers, and was a great asset, I realized that I wanted a career where I did not stay on the phone and make calls for most of the day. My passion is art and people. My co-workers were friendly as well. The most enjoyable part was speaking to clients face to face, and visiting businesses.
Pros
our atmosphere
Cons
not enough training
Great Community Bank
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 8, 2015
A typical day starts at 8:30am we open night drop and process transactions, if it is a cash ordering day, I order cash. We open at 9:00 and handle customers transactions all day in between doing my job duties assigned to me.

We all work as a team. I think the hardest part of the job is the sales goals. Hard to achieve.
Great Employer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CADecember 30, 2014
A typical day in the office involves preparing and planning staff for any appointments to be held on that particular day. Also, coaching and leading the staff to success was a huge part of my daily activities while maintaining customer satisfaction at each interaction.
Not good
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  South valley regionMay 13, 2014
This company's only focus is sales sales sales. They forget that they are a community bank and not a national name brand bank. The regional manager is a total power hungry and the managers are a bunch a hypocrites. The only ones that get ahead in this company are the ones who kiss the most tail. Never in my life have I been fired for speaking up when something wasnt right. When they see you as a threat the will give you your walking papers. Human resources also is no help. Horrible, hostile place to have worked.
Pros
im not there anymore
Cons
everything about it
fun and very rewarding
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMarch 30, 2014
-business calling
-scheduling
-HR
-conference calls
-implementation of business plan
-management of employees' activities
Pros
fun, great customers, rewarding
Cons
working hours
Fun place to work
Personal Banker/Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 4, 2014
Great people to work with. make your own hours. Broker is very helpful
ok Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 2, 2014
Good place to begin your banking career. Upper management is out of touch with branch level employees.
Great sales culture and training
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 19, 2014
I opened new accounts for customers walking in and went out into the community to search for business. I learn a lot about commercial lending. Management was excellent to work with. The hardest part of the job was juggling between sales and customer service. I most enjoyed getting out into the community to prospect.
good stepping stone
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 4, 2014
good company to gain experience with but not much opportunity for advancement
In store branches long hrs
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Tri counties bank was a though company to work for. After relocating company did not help me in relocating me to a closer location. Sales are very hard to come by and there is alot of going out and getting business.
Caring and fun
Senior Banker (Current Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 16, 2013
Talking to customers about their financial needs.
Listening with compassion
Pros
excellent customer service

2.8