Tri Counties Bank Employee Reviews

horrible management
Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 18, 2017
Management stresses employees out to the max, instead of what a real manager would strive to help and release pressure and stress from employees. All they did was yell and sit at their computers while their employees ran around with chicken with heads cut on.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Tri Counties Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAMay 22, 2017
start work at 9-6:15
I learned a lot about different bank products, customer lending needs, cash handling, stop payments, and also how to process wire transfers. Management was good but at times would be a little lazy. Hardest part about the job was I didn't know if the customer was in a good mood or bad mood prior to coming into the branch. I would say the best part about the job is building a relation with customers by getting know them.
Pros
A lot of working hours
good ol boys club
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 20, 2017
no new ideas welcome. hostile work environment. if you haven't been there for 12 years, no one will like you. hard to get into the old school culture. IT is out of date.
Fair pay and close-knit community
Debit Card Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 7, 2017
Tri Counties Bank is a small-ish regional bank, and as a result not up to date with the latest technology or streamline processes like the big banks are. But what they do offer is advancement opportunities, decent benefits (like stock options), and reachable upper-middle management. Since the bank is constantly expanding it can be easy to get into a role that is not totally defined and therefore open be changed based on what you can contribute. My biggest gripe is that most of the operations roles are filled with older folk closer to retirement and stuck in their ways. The company as a whole could use a healthy dose of young, ambitious professionals who are more competent with current and changing technology.
Pros
Community oriented, fair wages and benefits, job security
Cons
Not cutting edge, not many young professionals
Sales focused with limited leadership responsibility
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 23, 2017
I worked with a variety of managers and employees covering a seven year span. During my time, I had the pleasure of working with individuals, typically not management, that I enjoyed. The overall leadership felt very "Wells Fargo" - "What numbers do you have?". Combined with the necessity to threaten to leave before promotion, made for mixed feelings.
Pros
Most staff had a great sense of humor.
Cons
Poor personal responsibility in management.
Opportunities to learn
Teller/Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAMarch 21, 2017
A continuously growing bank but does not always offer a lot of opportunity for growth. Pay is not competitive but the people are great to work with.Its a great starting off point but not always an easy place to make a career.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Cons
Not competitive pay
Some good, some bad.
Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 8, 2017
Good local financial company. Banking involves constant and contradictory polices creating instability. Some turnover. Good training and decent pay w/benefits.
Pros
clear definition of job duties and pay is decent
Cons
large company, more of a robot than individuality consideration
Loved what i did
40-Hour Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 22, 2017
I loved seeing my fellow employees/employers, the customers were usually very happy to walk in to our establishment because all the employees promoted making a positive environment for the customers as well as the other employees. The pay could have been better but the company made it so there was room for advancement.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Crescent City, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Good company to work for. Life balance with work was favorable and flexible with schedules. Technology within the company could use a major overhaul to even meet the baseline in the industry.
Great environment, Great Employees.
40 Hour Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 22, 2016
My typical day at work was fast-paced i could help up to as many as 100 people in a single shift. I really got to put my customer service skills and ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to use. The management was very friendly and helpful. My co-workers were among the best to work with. The hardest part of the job was having a 35 minute commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist customers and see the smiles after they left my work station.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Wage
Awesome breakroom with shower in restroom
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 1, 2016
Overall good place to work. Pay was low, but opportunities to transfer after 1 year of employment. Benefits were good. Interactive company, weekly department meetings.
Pros
Free food after training events
Cons
Short breaks, managerial issues
Mentally prepared for my day every morning
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 28, 2016
Branch level can be hectic. Been with institution since 2014 and my branch has never been fully staffed so shame on us for not meeting goals! Customers expect you to fill out all forms for them and are totally appalled if asked to do so! District manager has a petty rule where no 2 employees within the branch can be on vacation at the same time yet it is not a written rule in the very "vague" employee handbook. Coming from a different banking institution third party deposits not allowed, few exceptions to the rules (minors) yet employees want us to not abide by company policies for them? Hmmm. The point of the operation manual is.....
Pros
Institution has been around for 40+ Years
Cons
No breaks are given, advance is offered but don't apply unless you've been sought out for the position
Great place
Senior Banker (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for over 27 years and I love it. I have learned a lot about banking in these years and I would say that this company has helped me a lot.
Csr job
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 27, 2016
The Customer Services Representative promotes and sells all retail Bank products and services to new and existing customers. Handles customer service transactions, such as receiving and disbursing funds, posting deposits and withdrawing funds. Provides information and assistance in researching customer problems, balances a cash drawer daily and answers customer inquiries.
Tri Counties Bank was a great community bank to work for.
Sr Teller (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, CAJune 9, 2016
Tri Counties bank created an environment where the customer was top priority. A typical day was taking deposits, verifying funds, making sure checks were not fraudulent and making sure work was scanned and secured. Management was somewhat detached. You were expected to be there the hours you were scheduled to work and overtime was very limited. There was a camaraderie among co-workers and if something needed to be done we were all willing to help each other. The hardest part of this job was the changes in policies and where different forms went. I loved this job as I was able to interact with customers on a daily basis
Pros
Good hours, benefits
Cons
risk of being held up, taking bad check
Too focused on growing assets and not growing loyal employees
Can't share, it would be damning (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 4, 2016
I worked for this Bank for almost a decade. Executive Management is constantly at odds with one another. Poor leadership from the top which trickles down. Employee moral has always been at an all time low. They are slow to provide employees with tools & resources to do their job well. Often, most job descriptions, outside of the retail platform, are 4 jobs rolled into 1 with you reporting to multiple people. Gender inequality is a HUGE issue. Women are not paid the same as their male counterparts, however, there are more female department managers leading the way.

If you do apply, stay for what little experience you can gain, but don't hesitate to grow and expand your horizons and the opportunity to be grown and appreciated at another company.
Pros
Full Gym at HQ
Cons
Executive Management
Good employer
Special Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 25, 2016
I had several jobs that needed to be done by certain times which could be stressful. My co-workers were great. We had fun, parties at work. I did like the challenge.
Pros
Pot lucks & birthday parties
Cons
The drive to work, pay was low
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CA 96130February 12, 2016
assist with customers account, order vault cash, balance travelers check, balance atm , out going wire transfers, merchants deposits
Pros
location of branch
Cons
short staff
First line of communication and sales with customers.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 15, 2015
As a teller, I was the first line of assistance for a customer. Greeting them and asking them how I could help them, also asking them of any financial needs and providing beneficiary ways for them to take advantage of our promotions. If interested, introducing them to our personal banker or manager for further assistance.
Pros
Laid back environment for the most part.
Cons
Short staffed and no breaks.
An enjoyable, successful company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 18, 2015
Tri Counties is a great company to work for. I have a great branch manager and a fantastic group of employees that I manage. The hardest part of my position is overcoming struggles with Teller Retention. With so many employees being college students, they tend to come and go pretty quickly. It often times leaves the branch a bit short handed which causes customers to have to wait longer than they typically would. That can create a poor experience for the customer, which is a huge priority for me. Overall though, I really enjoy going to work everyday. The customer interaction is the most enjoyable part of my job. Having the opportunity to help our customer be financially successful is an honor. Tri Counties does a fantastic job of helping all of it's customers be successful, as well as the employees. I am proud to be part of a great company.