Tri County Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

a company that is geared to assisting primarily indigent clientelle with mental health and substance abuse services
Substance Abuse Treatment Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Client/patient centered, triage walk-in clients, schedule intake appointments, complete intake appointments, facilitate group session, provide individual counseling, answer questions about SA treatment from call-ins, supervise staff, complete required documentation, update admit/discharge information, audit individual session documentation. most enjoyable is interaction with client - challenging for success. various backgrounds, nationalities of clients
Pros
holidays
Cons
limited benefits/compensations
IT (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 12, 2016
I've had an enjoyable experience working for Tri-County. The people I work with are pretty great and the benefits aren't bad. I haven't had any problems with the management. When I was hired a little over 4 years ago, I was coming off of 2 years of unemployment. I was so thankful to have been given a chance and feel secure in my employment to this day. Every job has its ups and downs. Every company has it's quirks - but I hands down believe the good outweighs the bad here at Tri-County.
Productive workplace environment. Great salary and benefits
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 23, 2016
Good people to work with.
Opportunities for transfer within agency is questionable.
Hard working staff.
Inexperienced supervisors given tremendous latitude in determining an employee's career path/demise.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Inexperienced supervisors, provided tremendous latitude, in determining an employees career path/career demise.
An Ok Job
Child & Adolescent Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 6, 2017
Decent job, management needs so improvement. It is pretty good with a flexible schedule that you can create independently.
Awesome agency to work for
Administrative Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 10, 2016
Working here for nearly 8 years, I can honestly say that I really love it. I love the friends that I have made that are like family, I don't dread coming to work each day and I have had the opportunity to work with multiple departments. I hope to continue my career with Tri-County for years to come.
Pros
Family environment with co-workers
Cons
Health insurance premiums aren't very affordable for family plans.
Supports people to move forward in there lives
MHRT-1 (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEDecember 20, 2016
To help people with there needs as of listen to there live story's. The company cares for there employees. I like it when people are able to get where they did to in there lives.
Unstable Company to work for with constant change
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 31, 2016
great co workers, clients and staff to be around on a daily basis but the turn around and management team are abusive and don't treat employees fairly at times.
Unsupportive uneducated bosses
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Long days, little notice if you did things well, treated everyone in department the same whether or not one was over achieving and one was refusing to complete work. No incentive, bonuses or raises for surpassing quota and making extra efforts for clients. High turn over so everyone quits within a month of being trained. Many unmotivated people who do not care about welfare of the clients. Difficult clientele and no incentive to arrive to appointments. Lots of driving, minimal expenses reimbursed, shared office, poor management!
Pros
laptop with job, could drive to diff community locations to get away from office
Cons
everything
Learning a lot
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 31, 2016
Have degree in psychology and want to be a professional counselor. I have learned a lot about mental health, diagnosis, medications, and treatment. Work closely with doctors in the clinic and get to see a lot. Typical day I drive to patient's homes to see how they are doing and talk to them about their illness. I have a laptop and can work from my car and set my own schedule. Dress is casual. We are given company shirts if we want. I like the culture. It can be stressful, but I've got friends at work and we have fun. There is a lot of change, but I think it's good. Company is growing and is building new offices this year, which will be nice.
Pros
I set my own schedule. Learning a lot.
Cons
Deadlines
Great place to learn!
HR (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 31, 2016
This has been one of the best work environments that I have worked in. Everyone in the office is always willing to help whenever you need it. With working for Tri-County, I have been able to become more involved with the department and contribute to the team with new creative ideas. This job is not only about working to progress the company but also growing professionally.

My managers make sure that I am involved in decision making with also keeping me informed in any changes that take place.
Pros
Great managers, everyone is a team, job security.
Challenging, Exciting Work Environment
Psychosocial Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 15, 2015
A typical day working for Tri-county is filled with the unexpected, nonstop, all day long... it is go, go, go! No two days are ever the same. Constant change and the push to do more keeps everyone challenged and productive.

Compensation is fair, and they recently gave everyone in the organization a 2% pay raise which is definitely a step in the right direction. Many positive changes are supposed to be coming soon, so that's something to look forward to as well.

The hardest part of the job is getting to know your co-workers because every one is so busy and has his or her own agenda. There seems to be a lack of unity among staff which can sometimes result in miscommunication and competing interests.

As far as leadership goes, he seems inexperienced at leading such a large, diverse organization and is far too focused on revenue rathr than patient care.

Middle managers are known for playing favorites and seem distracted from the organization's long term goals. Turnover of staff is super high. I've never seen attrition this high at any other company that I've worked for. There are a few employees wh have been there for 10 years or more, but most employees don't seem to last very long, which makes it hard to get to know your co-workers because they are ever changing.

The most enjoyable part of working at Tri-county is the generous paid time off (pto), which is 5 hours every 2 weeks. Not bad and much appreciated. It is a really good PTO exchange.
Pros
PTO, no overtime. holidays are paid
Cons
Quotas, micromanaging, nepotism
Productive Workplace
Psychosocial Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 9, 2016
This job taught me a lot about case management, and scheduling. The most enjoyable part was helping clients that could not help themselves. I learned more about health insurance claims, medications and diagnosis.

The bad part is that they wanted you to mainly just talk to the clients about their mental state which would sometimes irritate them to talk about that every time that you meet, especially if they have been seeing over three different case managers in the past two months. Even if you sit with them and talk to them for hours you cant bill them for that time because you are not teaching any "skills" which is really messed up if you and the client have great conversations without talking about their mental illnesses.

The nosey HR lady will try to find anything to fire you for especially if their funding budget is low.

Overall, the job is not really worth it for the wear and tear on your car, but you meet a lot of great clients that you tend to become attached too.
Overall very pleasant place to work
Prior Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 3, 2016
As a current employee of this company, I can say that overall it is a very pleasant place to work. The atmosphere is very light and friendly with a lot of opportunity for advancement. I worked in the role of psychosocial rehabilitation specialist which I did enjoy and learned a lot. However, I recently transferred to another position within the company and the skills I learned in the last job have been very helpful in my new position. There is flexibility in scheduling with the psychosocial rehabilitation specialist position and one is able to have some independence in aligning their own day with their clients. However, this does require some self discipline and organization. A typical day at work in this position would include arranging appointments with clients at their home or at the clinic, meeting with them and providing case management and training to them. The company provides you with your own laptop and phone to manage your caseload and work can be done away from the office at times. Management is very accommodating and supportive, while trying to gain feedback from employees on areas they need assistance with. The coworkers I have worked with have been team players and very helpful. Probably the hardest part of the job is trying to balance productivity versus quality care, but it can be done with a reasonable caseload. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with various clients from all walks of life and the fulfillment of being a part of their recovery.
Pros
flexible schedule, staff and company support
Cons
increase in caseload
good temporary work place
Psychosocial Rehabilitative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 21, 2016
good temporary work place, good co workers. Patients are great and you can make a permanent positive change in their lives.
Would not recommend employment with this Company
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 2, 2015
Company does not give adequate training for staff. Company's manager's are mainly friendly, but lack in leadership and management experience. Procedures change constantly, without consideration of client satisfaction and does not go by positive recommendations by staff preforming the job. Company holds your job over your head due to the "numbers" and not by the client's satisfaction of your work, so you never feel like you have any job security.
Pros
Experiencing positive growth in clients, friendly and supportive co-workers.
Cons
Lack of job security and client satisfaction with program changes.
Rewarding place to work.
Veteran Services Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 1, 2014
I would not have left Tri-County if I didn't have to leave Texas. The management was great. The pay and benefits were fair. It was a great experience all around.
Great Opportunity
Administrator of Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 7, 2015
Exciting job for those interested in helping people. The company grows each month and the leadership is eager in ensuring people succeed. Opportunities for advancement are available for those willing to put in the time and effort to excel.
Pros
great co-workers, helping out the community
Cons
always evolving state regulations
Eye opener, rewarding
Rehab Clinician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 27, 2015
I was C&A and it was constant change and reprimands. I felt like I was treated like a child and not very professional. Lots of people left. The left didn't know what the right was doing and the whole program just seemed mismanaged. Every body left. Co-workers were decent. but a lot of red tape to get anything done. The hardest part was showing up every day. Children's mental health services have hit rock bottom.
Pros
holidays paid, time off paid, mileage paid
Cons
micromanaged
Not Very Good
Psychosocial Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 18, 2015
This was a chaotic place to work. I did much driving to see mentally ill people which was wear & tear on my car every day, but they reimbursed me for the mileage. Sometimes the mileage check got lost because I was new and the lady who does the check said I didn't fill my form out right. I had to track it down. But eventually got it so it was good in the end.

More about the driving. They will let you use a Tri-county car if you need to, so you don't have to worry if your car is in the shop from all the driving. Which is a big plus. You can still work because they will give you a car.

One thing that bothered me. They didn't have enough money to pay every body all the time, so they would hassle people until they quit. Then they would leave the positions open until they could afford to hire new people again. So here's the bad part. You could do the work of two or three people or get a bunch of people that needed every thing done that nobody had done in a long time. It's not really what I went to college for! Unprofessional, bad management.

What I learned from this job is that I need a more professional work environment to be happy at my job.
Pros
company car if you need it, mileage, some nice people
Cons
All the driving, wear and tear on car, many expectations, not enough money for what you do
rewarding
Life Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 1, 2012
I began teaching my mental retardation life skills class every Monday with lesson plans that I chose for the week. There are three to 4 classes taught daily from Monday through Friday. My classes consist of 21 students. I write notes on 11 of those consumers. I help other life skills specialist care for the about 20 to 30 other consumers in the afternoons. My co-workers have been at the center for about 4 to 5 years. They started working together. They have learned to work together and consider themselves family. Working with life skills consumers can be difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is making lesson plans that my consumers enjoy.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
expensive family health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri County Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9